Rahul W's rating predictions

Rahul W

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

If ratings can get updated randomly, then I don't see the issue with positions. That said, I understand it may have caused some chaos to managers. That's beyond me really, changes get approved on random days, think that's just how Soccerwiki works.

Toby Alderweireld had RB and DM when he doesn't play there, do you think that's fair? 

Ramos having RB is a hack. It makes him the highest-rated RB at 95 (with Kimmich but he is a more recent addition). But he isn't a RB anymore.

If Kane has AM, you can play him behind Lewandowski. In what world is that realistic? Does Kane play AM behind a striker for any team in the world? No, he plays ST. 

The bicycle analogy is nice but doesn't make sense to equate that here. It's not about not knowing. You can argue most professional footballers can play a whole load of positions competently. Does that mean they should all have M,AM,F(RLC)?

Messi can probably play as a CM, should he have that? Versatile players will be versatile on game. Not everyone is as versatile. Making things accurate will make versatile guys like Alaba and Kimmich more valuable than a Robertson or Varane, which is how it should be IMO.

43 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I believe this will be an endless to and fro since I don't agree at all the reasons/explanation you gave in last two comments on this matter. 

So for the final time, firstly on the Ramos one, it doesn't make him the highest rated RB at 95. He is a 95 rated CB who can also play RB when needed. I am pretty sure (assuming) that he reach 85-87 playing RB. So it's on merit.

Kane literally played behind Son so I don't get this at all. So Kane will not play behind a central striker is an assumption. Kane's AM was removed on assumption? 

And I am not even getting on the last two point which is based on probably. Ramos and Romagnoli literally played and if needed can play at RB and LB. There's no probably here and shouldn't be. 

I still don't read what entails a player to keep his multiple positions. Need to play 20 matches in two seasons in a particular position?

Like I said it's all about SHOULDN'T HAVE and nothing about criterias for a player to keep their second/third positions.

I am fine with randomness. That's not what I meant. In rating changes one can pretty much predict the increases and decreases any given time. But with recent positional changes no one can. It all started coming out of the blue.

I think there is some truth in what you both say. The removal of many positions is fundamentally right and welcome. It's frustrating to see certain players who have played a handful of games in a position, perhaps due to an emergency, earn it in the game and hold it for decades without ever playing there again IRL. This feature is definitely used as a 'hack', as @Sir Rahul rightly wrote, and in many GWs you see absolutely unreal lineups. (A few days ago someone was asking for advice on who was the best RB to buy, and one of his options was De Vrij. Seriously?)

Let's not ignore the fact that a large part of a player's success in a given role has to do with practice and the mental habit of doing certain movements, so it's absolutely not true that by not playing in a position for many years, a player doesn't forget how to do it. He does forget, and if he doesn't, he's certainly not as good at it as he used to be, and not as he is in his main position.

On the other hand, @Nameless is right when he says that a criterion for removal needs to be established, which is not solely the perception of the person proposing the change, otherwise such changes will inevitably seem arbitrary and unjustified.

✌✌

56 minutes ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

Coman, Martinez, or Sane?

Martinez

31 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Thoughts on Acerbi and Dumfries please? I would like to ask +/- question about them but need bit more to make a concrete decision. 

It's like if I lose them I will lose them for ever.

Personally I would take Dumfries because he’s much younger and only 1 rating off Acerbi.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

I believe this will be an endless to and fro since I don't agree at all the reasons/explanation you gave in last two comments on this matter. 

So for the final time, firstly on the Ramos one, it doesn't make him the highest rated RB at 95. He is a 95 rated CB who can also play RB when needed. I am pretty sure (assuming) that he reach 85-87 playing RB. So it's on merit.

Kane literally played behind Son so I don't get this at all. So Kane will not play behind a central striker is an assumption. Kane's AM was removed on assumption? 

And I am not even getting on the last two point which is based on probably. Ramos and Romagnoli literally played and if needed can play at RB and LB. There's no probably here and shouldn't be. 

I still don't read what entails a player to keep his multiple positions. Need to play 20 matches in two seasons in a particular position?

Like I said it's all about SHOULDN'T HAVE and nothing about criterias for a player to keep their second/third positions.

I am fine with randomness. That's not what I meant. In rating changes one can pretty much predict the increases and decreases any given time. But with recent positional changes no one can. It all started coming out of the blue.

Yes fair enough, we can go on and on above it haha.

It does make him the highest rated RB on the game because he has that position. Talking about the game only, not real life. 

Ultimately these edits still need approval by SM, so there is a screening process.

19 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

I think there is some truth in what you both say. The removal of many positions is fundamentally right and welcome. It's frustrating to see certain players who have played a handful of games in a position, perhaps due to an emergency, earn it in the game and hold it for decades without ever playing there again IRL. This feature is definitely used as a 'hack', as @Sir Rahul rightly wrote, and in many GWs you see absolutely unreal lineups. (A few days ago someone was asking for advice on who was the best RB to buy, and one of his options was De Vrij. Seriously?)

Let's not ignore the fact that a large part of a player's success in a given role has to do with practice and the mental habit of doing certain movements, so it's absolutely not true that by not playing in a position for many years, a player doesn't forget how to do it. He does forget, and if he doesn't, he's certainly not as good at it as he used to be, and not as he is in his main position.

On the other hand, @Nameless is right when he says that a criterion for removal needs to be established, which is not solely the perception of the person proposing the change, otherwise such changes will inevitably seem arbitrary and unjustified.

✌✌

Agreed with all this. I am only basing these on statistics. No personal agenda or perception, beyond the big teams I am no expert on where each player plays.

1 hour ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

Martinez atm 

52 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Thoughts on Acerbi and Dumfries please? I would like to ask +/- question about them but need bit more to make a concrete decision. 

It's like if I lose them I will lose them for ever.

I prefer Dumfries given age

1 hour ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

I hope Kimmich won't lose RB, will he?

I believe that has already been rejected so he’ll be fine.

22 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Jose Gaya at Valencia.....stay? his team are doing poorly but he is ok? or am I wrong?

thanks

He will stay, plays every game for Valencia and is a consistent figure in the national team of Spain.

3 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

If ratings can get updated randomly, then I don't see the issue with positions. That said, I understand it may have caused some chaos to managers. That's beyond me really, changes get approved on random days, think that's just how Soccerwiki works.

Toby Alderweireld had RB and DM when he doesn't play there, do you think that's fair? 

Ramos having RB is a hack. It makes him the highest-rated RB at 95 (with Kimmich but he is a more recent addition). But he isn't a RB anymore.

If Kane has AM, you can play him behind Lewandowski. In what world is that realistic? Does Kane play AM behind a striker for any team in the world? No, he plays ST. 

The bicycle analogy is nice but doesn't make sense to equate that here. It's not about not knowing. You can argue most professional footballers can play a whole load of positions competently. Does that mean they should all have M,AM,F(RLC)?

Messi can probably play as a CM, should he have that? Versatile players will be versatile on game. Not everyone is as versatile. Making things accurate will make versatile guys like Alaba and Kimmich more valuable than a Robertson or Varane, which is how it should be IMO.

I support Rahul 100 percent in this. And don't forget, it's really all just about A GAME that has numerous mechanical limitations in what it can deliver. Re-assigning positions is totally reasonable in my view, (even though my own squad has lost some flexibility). Such changes will always be somewhat subjective, since there is no objective criteria being applied.

People would enjoy the game more if they stopped trying to wrestle every little mechanical advantage out of it (ie Ramos at RB was/is absurd).

Accept it. Smile. Enjoy the GAME. 😁

6 hours ago, oOAnDrEwOo said:

Hi All,

I'm back on SM after a 5year break really struggling to get to grips with wage deficits and <70 rated players not being 10k!

I've been following this thread a couple of weeks now and seems to be the place to go. 

My question is: whos the better signing? Wesley FOFANA or Benoît BADIASHILE

Thank you

Welcome back! There are subtleties you will have to get used to, and some of the same old headaches remain, but the forum is thriving as you can see, which makes the game all the more worthwhile.

2 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

✌✌

I agree completely. My comments were made recognizing a need to establish criteria.

5 hours ago, Toby S said:

Currently have 190 players in my squad and managers are moaning that I'm taking up too many loan spots 😆 so I'm looking to sell a few. I've found some I think I should sell,  just want to see if you guys would keep any of these:

Cunha, Panzo, Diakite, A.Pelmard, Thierry Correia, Bakker (once end of season upgrade), J.Chotard ,R.Camacho, Rhys Williams, Paolo Fernandes, Abel Ruiz, G.Biancone, S.Diomande, O.Boussaid, L.Sibley, Jandro Orellana, Nicolas Kuhn, Pablo Moreno

Cheers

Edit: Money isn't much of an issue its more of me trying to be fair with the other players in the league

They are your players, so why do you have to sell them ? It's not their team, it's only yours.

17 hours ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

Goretzka, Pogba, Niguez, or Koke?

Goretzka

7 hours ago, oOAnDrEwOo said:

Hi All,

I'm back on SM after a 5year break really struggling to get to grips with wage deficits and <70 rated players not being 10k!

I've been following this thread a couple of weeks now and seems to be the place to go. 

My question is: whos the better signing? Wesley FOFANA or Benoît BADIASHILE

Thank you

Wesley Fofana

6 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

What’s everyone’s view on Jonathan David in upcoming review ? Thanks 

Definitely on an upward trend 

Jonathan David Lille  1st 15.7% 1 89 -9.5% 7.6% 15.7%
5 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

If I have Phil Foden, Ferran Torres, Kylian Mbappé, Sadio Mané, Jadon Sancho and Ansu Fati. Is it necessary to keep Joâo Félix ? Do you guys think Félix will explode one day and be 92 + ?

YES one day Long Term possible 95

4 hours ago, Nameless said:

I have not ridden a bicycle since 2005. Do I not know how to ride a bicycle now?

Ah BUT there is fault in the logic .... have U tried riding a millionaire premiership player to work? .... Would U ever get there? Nooooo way! 💀 😁

3 hours ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

Lautaro

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Jose Gaya at Valencia.....stay? his team are doing poorly but he is ok? or am I wrong?

thanks

Stay

Will start Tottenham tomorrow & upload during werekend

34 minutes ago, Jose7 said:

Cheap risers to buy under 750k? 

The guys that Socca said plus

Pape Sarr - 76 -> 82

Jan Bieganski - 60 -> 70

Devyne Rensch - 73 -> 80

Furtado John - 70 -> 75/78

Renato Kayzer - 78 -> 82

Jakub Kaminski - 78 -> 80

Sotiris Alexandropoulos - 73 -> 78

Oleksandr Syrota - 75 -> 78/80

Karim Calhanoglu - 73 -> 75/78

Luiz Junior - 73 -> 78

2 minutes ago, Fotis1992 said:

Lewa+ Pavard or Kane+Hazard+Mendy(Real)???

I'd say left shorter term. 

Right longer term as kane will last longer than lewa and mendy just as long as pavard. Assuming you can make some use of hazard. 

Even short term you still have a great forward, defender and a hazard could perform well. 

3 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I support Rahul 100 percent in this. And don't forget, it's really all just about A GAME that has numerous mechanical limitations in what it can deliver. Re-assigning positions is totally reasonable in my view, (even though my own squad has lost some flexibility). Such changes will always be somewhat subjective, since there is no objective criteria being applied.

People would enjoy the game more if they stopped trying to wrestle every little mechanical advantage out of it (ie Ramos at RB was/is absurd).

Accept it. Smile. Enjoy the GAME. 😁

:) 

1 hour ago, Fotis1992 said:

Lewa+ Pavard or Kane+Hazard+Mendy(Real)???

Left short term

But tbh, depends on how much you think Hazard has declined. How much injuries will affect him.

1 hour ago, RhysMorgan said:

Would you sell thiago or Saul to purchase barella? Or neither? 

I'd keep both for now

Maybe sell Thiago, but I'd give it time