• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

On 3/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, Soccahappy said:

The players below are quite likely to lose a chunk of value on  1st April 2021.

On a monthly basis u can sell a player and rebuy at a lower value if u so wish to. Obviously the more competitive the GW the less chance u have, so selling a player like a Pavard is not exactly recommended. BUT if u see a player u want to buy and his value will go down say next month this can save u chunks of cash if no one else spots him in the meantime.

Odd-Number-Birthdays-Mar21.png

Players with Odd years on their birthdayabove 21 are reduced in value by SM at the first day of the month following their birthday. Putting it another way  in clarification,  players who turn into even years on their birthday do NOT lose value until they get much older 28+ (Ageing).

The estimated reductions are educated guesses really, particularly such as Neuer and Ramos who seem to lose differing amounts, sometimes on a monthly basis.  

I always under estimate how long it takes to find these ODD Year Birthdays, Cheers Socca 😀

Ps Hopeful of a ManU Premiership upload after 5PM today 

PPs Sorry couldn't find who requested the above a couple of weeks ago

and the results are in:-

Results-Odd-Birthdays-March21.png

I think someone at SM does these by hand as the "SM Actual" in Red is pretty consistent but some of the others coloured differently in this column are definitely variable according to others I have recorded. They Vary. 

I think what happens with such as Neuer is SM by hand keep giving quite small drops in value until they finally have to make a big drop. In this case he turned 35 b4 it happened to this extent! Not sure this happens exactly this way for everybody ie they make a judgement calls rather than computer percentage drops like the rest E.g 16.67%, 20% etc. I may be wrong and they do them all by hand??

Cheers Socca 😀

20 hours ago, whythedidntbernatrise said:

How so? Looks like he deserves 91 more than anyone to me. Don't have him in my team, just saying.

I agree. He's been immense for Frankfurt since leaving Milan. But, still I reckon he must first finish the season in the top 4 to be certain of securing that +1. 

20 hours ago, Buka said:

Son, Sancho or Haaland?

With Haaland you get a very young player who has the potential of (one day) reaching 95+. The other two players will probably never reach to such heights that Haaland could reach to. 

18 hours ago, Amar said:

Hey guys,

Hey amico, 

Hakimi or Reece James?

Does anyone think Hakimi can rise to 92 this summer? Not me.  However I reckon he has the potential to reach it, atm it's a bit too soon.

Also does anyone think Jack Grealish can rise to 92 this summer? Ofcourse not, certainly not at Aston Villa.

What about Phil Foden. Can he rise to 91 this summer? Possibly: given that he continues playing a pivotal role in City's PL games and helps them to reach/even win the CL final. I reckon if City secure both PL and clinch the big eared👂trophy🏆then Foden should be closer to a certain 91. 

Thanks everyone.

16 hours ago, Sareum said:

Foden should already be a 90 in my eyes but I’ve said that previously.

Just in the interests of discussion, I recently contacted a manager about Kimmich.  Now bear in mind I’ve won the league 6 years on the bounce so I’m not exactly short of talent; To let him go they wanted Mount, Rice and Foden.  I’ll not type my reply out on here...

Let's say if: J. Kimmich is not your top 4/5 best performing player, you have enough RB/DM cover to lose Kimmich, you can give enough playing time to the trio, and their depth is required in your side only then I'd certainly do the deal...

13 hours ago, PokerDaddy said:

Donny VDB -1? I would think so.

Diego Carlos +1? Nope

Rice +1? Possibly depending on where WHU finish. 

Calhanoglu, Hakan +1? I hope so - first he has to start playing better with consistancy. 

Kane +1? Maybe - that's  if he secures the Golden boot and TH finish with a CL spot. 

Chances of the above changes happening in the summer? Thoughts? Unlikey - Likely.

13 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

I see Denzel dumfries amongst the edits . Just a change of haircolor or could he breaking psv 89 cap and rise to 90 ?

Not sure. Maybe it's just a positional change, given how many players have recently had their playing postion edited.  

12 hours ago, RHugrakkur said:

1 or 2?

1. Coman + Nelson Semedo

2. Kulusevski + Jonathan David + Mukiele

Only Coman will be in my first team.

No 2 = There's too much stregth in depth there for you not to go with the trio. 🙂

6 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

SWIKI REPORT (01/04/21).

Don’t know if anyone has noticed but Haaland has had a position change this morning and has rose to 94 😲

APRIL FOOLS!!

Haaland hasn’t been edited of course 😁

anks for reading

Cheers Kieran

APRIL FOOLS!!

😀 I nearly believed you....

Not!

5 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Yeah but Werner played an April fools prank on Germany.

😂 I see he's not lost his touch. 😀

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

Chelsea and their striker curse is on different level. 

It must be a real shame and dissapointmemt for Chelsea fans. They go from Torres, to Morata, to Werner. 

Edited by Milanista1
indentation
47 minutes ago, Alyril said:

Chances of Kelechi Iheanacho getting a summer rise? Maybe even a +2?

88 for now, considering he was bit-part for the last few seasons 

37 minutes ago, Fotis1992 said:

And what about Romain Faivre? Thanks a lot guys

Yeah he should get 85/86

39 minutes ago, Fotis1992 said:

Will lemar, lindelof, olmo get +1 in the summer?? Thanks

No for all imo

2 hours ago, sylphid said:

For summer 2021 review :

1. hakimi or pavard? will pavard get +1?
2. Bastoni to 91?
3. Chiesa to 92?

many thanks!

Pavard doesn't look good on stats on the spreadsheet BUT SM do it on Performances not stats. Who has been impressed by his performances?? I haven't seen him play recently. Spreadsheet Stats say +1 but it's "Red Boxed" and -5.5%:-

B Pavard Bayern 1st -5.5% 1 92 0.0% -10.0% -5.5%
24 minutes ago, Alyril said:

Has only had 6 actual starts since the last update but has also had minutes as sub. Having said that his actual appearances have been top quality with 6 top quality goals. So it looks like he may be a regular between now and EOS Review, by then he probably will get a plus 1 and maybe +2 if continuing in this same vein and Leicester get Champions League. Spreadsheet stats up to date:-

K Iheanacho Leicester3rd 1.7% 1 88 -43.1% +1.7%
14 minutes ago, Fotis1992 said:

Again on stats he's doing superbly well, should be a definite Plus 2 to 85 but Brest are 14th and a +3 to 86 might be  stretching it a bit. Spreadsheet says:-

Romain Faivre Brest  14th 30.7% 2 85 34.2% 32.0% +30.7%
1 hour ago, Alyril said:

88 for now, I’ve been impressed with him recently.

1 hour ago, Fotis1992 said:

Olmo maybe +1 but it might depend on where they finish in the Bundesliga.

1 hour ago, Fotis1992 said:

+2 

33 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Chance of Tzolis getting a random rise?

Tzolis or Gakpo keeping review in mind.

Always possible with Tzolis apparently, 3 random rises from September to January.

I rate Tzolis higher so for that reason I would go for him.

13 hours ago, Elizeu Campos said:

Any GK going to 90 or 91 in the next update? 

Maignan and maybe Pope

13 hours ago, Elizeu Campos said:

Any chance for asenjo, bono and remiro? Wich one is better?

Remiro/bono

14 hours ago, PokerDaddy said:

Donny VDB -1? sadly yes!

Diego Carlos +1? No

Rice +1? It's within reach

Calhanoglu, Hakan +1? I do not know

Kane +1? It's within reach too

Chances of the above changes happening in the summer? Thoughts?

7 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

SWIKI REPORT (01/04/21)

10 pages this morning and a whole lot randomness so I’ve just picked out Portugal as the main country to focus on.

Don’t know if anyone has noticed but Haaland has had a position change this morning and has rose to 94 😲

Portugal 🇵🇹 

Vitoria de Guimaraes - 7
SC Salgueiros - 1
SC Beira-Mar - 1
FC Arouca - 1
AD Fafe - 1
Uniao Sport Club Parades - 1
Porto FC - 1
Sporting CP - 1
CD Nacional - 1

Thanks for reading

Cheers Kieran 😁

APRIL FOOLS!!

You got me... but in the next review will he rise to a 94?

7 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Yeah but Werner played an April fools prank on Germany.

It was an early one. I still remember when he kicked the corner flag instead of the ball and hurt himself 😂

4 hours ago, Buka said:

Rashford, Sancho+1? Neither

Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw +1? 😁 I wish for Wan Bissaka, and Shaw yes!

L.Martinez, Lukaku +1? Lukaku yes

A.Davies, Hakimi+1? Davies yes, don't know about Hakimi

Laporte or Skriniar? Skriniar

Donnarumma +1? I don't know

Ruben Dias +1? YES! 😁

2 hours ago, Fotis1992 said:

nope

7 minutes ago, XForten said:

I saw this today in my game world...

Season Glitch?

Like, I saw this TODAY. What is this?🤔🤔🤔

Does anyone know why it's that long, or is it a glitch?

It's a bug. The date you are seeing is the date of your current season's start, instead of the relevant date for the next season. They're showing the variable before it's been updated or something like that. The date you are seeing is not eight months in the future, it's four months in the past, approximately speaking. If you refresh, it will probably correct itself. It's not the date of the first competitive match though, it's a few days before that.

3 minutes ago, lemontrees said:

It's a bug. The date you are seeing is the date of your current season's start, instead of the relevant date for the next season. They're showing the variable before it's been updated or something like that. The date you are seeing is not eight months in the future, it's four months in the past, approximately speaking. If you refresh, it will probably correct itself. It's not the date of the first competitive match though, it's a few days before that.

I did notice something like that too in a different GW, it said one date that seemed into the crazy future but then not too long later it changed to a more realistic date. 

2 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

and the results are in:-

Results-Odd-Birthdays-March21.png

I think someone at SM does these by hand as the "SM Actual" in Red is pretty consistent but some of the others coloured differently in this column are definitely variable according to others I have recorded. They Vary. 

I think what happens with such as Neuer is SM by hand keep giving quite small drops in value until they finally have to make a big drop. In this case he turned 35 b4 it happened to this extent! Not sure this happens exactly this way for everybody ie they make a judgement calls rather than computer percentage drops like the rest E.g 16.67%, 20% etc. I may be wrong and they do them all by hand??

Cheers Socca 😀

@Soccahappy Does age affect the amount they are due to lose value? I can't seem to find a pattern in it, so I would assume there must be some level of manual adjustment.

For example: Téji Savanier was 5.7m last summer, had his birthday on 22nd Dec turning 29 (odd year) but is still valued at 5.6m, with the 100k drop seeming the sort of standard dropping rate rather than a dramatic decrease as per the players you've highlighted. 

8 minutes ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

I did notice something like that too in a different GW, it said one date that seemed into the crazy future but then not too long later it changed to a more realistic date. 

I think it happens at the end of every season but you maybe have to be playing the game at exactly the right time or you don't notice it.

39 minutes ago, brocky64 said:

@Soccahappy Does age affect the amount they are due to lose value? I can't seem to find a pattern in it, so I would assume there must be some level of manual adjustment.

For example: Téji Savanier was 5.7m last summer, had his birthday on 22nd Dec turning 29 (odd year) but is still valued at 5.6m, with the 100k drop seeming the sort of standard dropping rate rather than a dramatic decrease as per the players you've highlighted. 

Hi Brocky Yes it's difficult to understand AND very difficult to explain too, because I am not 100% sure of my facts and SM change it a lot in later years. You can rely on 23yo's and 25yo's to behave this way.

"Players with Odd years on their birthdayabove 21 are reduced in value by SM at the first day of the month following their birthday. Putting it another way  in clarification,  players who turn into even years on their birthday do NOT lose value until they get much older 28+ (Ageing)."

I'll try to explain the rest: it changes at 27yo and turns into a less understandable EVEN picture at 28, ie no longer Odd where SM may apply a value reduction or not and we suspect and @topofthebilly was first to see this, that at least at 30yo SM start to apply smaller drops on a monthly basis. I'll ask @topofthebilly to confirm what he knows....

Had problems with the Premiership Best Under 23yo's as it's not straightforward getting enough of the players for the upload to be readable. So I've tested with All ages & thought u might be interested in what I've got so far. If this is ok then I can continue with a further U23 upload same time tomorrow:-

Premiership best all ages

2nd-Top50-All-Aged.png

Ignore the last column it doesn't have any info atm, that's where I plan to put the players ages. 

Let me know if it would be better to lose a few rows (50 atm) and consequently be larger and more readable on the U23's tomorrow. Or U can use Zoom if U have it. Cheers Socca 😃

Ps Noticed Liam Delap is still in there towards the top and shouldn't be, he is zero percent not 52%

1 minute ago, Soccahappy said:

Had problems with the Premiership Best Under 23yo's as it's not straightforward getting enough of the players for the upload to be readable. So I've tested with All ages & thought u might be interested in what I've got so far. If this is ok then I can continue with a further U23 upload same time tomorrow:-

2nd-Top50-All-Aged.png

Ignore the last column it doesn't have any info atm, that's where I plan to put the players ages. 

Let me know if it would be better to lose a few rows (50 atm) and consequently be larger and more readable on the U23's tomorrow. Or U can use Zoom if U have it. Cheers Socca 😃

Ps Noticed Liam Delap is still in there towards the top and shouldn't be, he is zero percent not 52%

What do the different colors mean for the boxes in the "to" column?

Edited by AnthonyKegher17
Made some clarification
14 minutes ago, Big nasty said:

Hi guys does anyone know how to report abusive comments in a game world? Can’t find it anywhere 

Just click on the flag at the top right of the comment. 

8 hours ago, Alyril said:

Chances of Kelechi Iheanacho getting a summer rise? 90% Maybe even a +2? 20%

I presume a +1 would come first because he's not had enough game-time to warrant a +2. No doubt he's got the potential to become a 90+ Striker one day.

I love his attitude to the game and to life: 

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14514927/kelechi-iheanacho-set-to-make-a-packet-as-walkers-release-new-range-featuring-leicester-hotshot/amp/ 😅

Atm I would swap him for Rafael Leo in a heartbeat. 

8 hours ago, Fotis1992 said:

Olmo (at a stretch though) he's been very good on a club level and (atm) undroppable for the national side. 

Lemar has finnaly found his feet this season - but it's not enough for a rise in my opinion, Good enough to remain though. 

Lindolof has been a part of the comedy pair at the heart of United's defence this season, therefore I reckon he could possibly stay, unless United finish second and SM get too keyboard happy. 

21 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

3.000 likes already. Wow. Amazing.

I want to say thank you to everyone who reads, likes (I hope) and follows. I'm not the type who likes to have "likes" (also on facebook, instagram), but it still says something for me. So a big THANK YOU! so far.

OIP.C8wjtzgkn1Eoh1UCbRO3UwHaDu?pid=ImgDe

I'll hope you guys enjoy and keep following. Let's keep continue! :) 

@gyanthecat @jaybee @Kieran_S91 @Milanista1 @crvena_zvezda @Nameless @AnthonyKegher17 @crvena_zvezda@TMCosta@Sir Rahul@dgormand@Yewon Kim @ombarcagunners I hope I don't forget someone..

I 'm still very curious on your next works @dgormand @gyanthecat @jaybee. You guys are doing a wonderful job! We can't say it enough. @Sir Rahul @Kieran_S91 @Milanista1 You guys are daily answerring everyones questions. Thumbs up for that effort! Also the others, thumbs up for keep this forum going! :) 

I reckon 👆 this amazing appretiation post deserves much more likes out there on Thorgan Lesar's thread, link below:

4 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Hi Brocky Yes it's difficult to understand AND very difficult to explain too, because I am not 100% sure of my facts and SM change it a lot in later years. You can rely on 23yo's and 25yo's to behave this way.

"Players with Odd years on their birthdayabove 21 are reduced in value by SM at the first day of the month following their birthday. Putting it another way  in clarification,  players who turn into even years on their birthday do NOT lose value until they get much older 28+ (Ageing)."

I'll try to explain the rest: it changes at 27yo and turns into a less understandable EVEN picture at 28, ie no longer Odd where SM may apply a value reduction or not and we suspect and @topofthebilly was first to see this, that at least at 30yo SM start to apply smaller drops on a monthly basis. I'll ask @topofthebilly to confirm what he knows....

The professor 👨‍🔬 trying to explain his equations again = mind boggled. 😀

2 hours ago, Big nasty said:

Hi guys does anyone know how to report abusive comments in a game world? Can’t find it anywhere 

Hey amico,

Silly question but was the abusive comments PM'd to you by the manager in your GW, or left by the manager as a response to something in the GW?  

🚨👮 Just send a screenshot, your GW name and ID to support@soccermanager.com,  explaining what has gone on. Hopefully someone active can then deal with the abusive manager.

Unless Kev has a better 💡idea.The "flag" will only erase the comment in my experience. 

P.S. Your Big nasty they should know better not to trouble you. ☺ 

23 hours ago, brocky64 said:

From 30th birthday onwards , every first of the month a player will lose 1.15% value . It is scripted , no one does this manually :)

23,25,27,29 are yearly drops instead of monthly .

On a 5.7M cheap player who is 29 year old you wont see much difference as you noticed .

2 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

2nd-Top50-All-Aged.png

That's awesome, Socca. :o :D

24 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

From 30th birthday onwards , every first of the month a player will lose 1.15% value . It is scripted , no one does this automatically :)

23,25,27,29 are yearly drops instead of monthly .

On a 5.7M cheap player who is 29 year old you wont see much difference as you noticed .

Thanks for putting this all in only place. Great info to have.