• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Stay Can’t believe I’ve made 5000 posts. So here’s to 5000 more 🍻

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, FGS18 said:

He plays CB regularly for Scotland

Yeah Rahul has already mentioned this

On the subject of position changes, Angelo Ogbonna needs LB removing 😊

10 minutes ago, Damien1990 said:

Despite Dortmund's general underperforming, Bellingham has had a very good season - especially the last few months. Surely in line for a +2?

This "New Signing!" tagline is annoying. I've got more posts than people with "League Two Players"!

+2 easily in my opinion.

@Nameless Duo + Tapsoba

2 minutes ago, FGS18 said:

Sorry didn't see this had been answered

28 minutes ago, Nameless said:

If you feel it's only 3-5 players that people are disappointed with then you are totally disconnected with the game and should be considered a SM board level person. 

I personally am bringing the obvious names. Can't name and argue about all the players. 

Believe me personally this changes doesn't affect my GWs at all. 

If you take different facts/data's from totally different platforms to suit your arguments there's nothing I can say. Like I said, you used 3 different points for Kane, Ramos and Mctominnay. 

Kane doesn't have a AM(c) but McTominnay has D(c).

And there's a simple explanation. McTominay plays CB, Kane categorically does not play attacking midfield, and Ramos categorically does not play RB? Like Rahul says it's somewhat suspect the argument whether he should perform on SM in a back 2 when in reality that's not something he does but then that point can be argued about any CBs currently playing in a back 3 in real life? Players being over-versatile is unnecessary, people cannot genuinely believe Ramos should retain his RB positioning? I can say with some degree of certainty he will never play there again

On 4/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, Kieran_S91 said:

Ansgar Knauff (19) chosen over Gio Reyna and Thorgan Hazard to make his full debut in what is probably Dortmund’s biggest game so far this season.

SM rating - 73

Value - 400k

Great buy if still available in any game world!

Ansgar Knauff (19) scoring the winner and his first senior goal for Dortmund today, nice goal too.

30 minutes ago, FGS18 said:

Indeed. D,DM,M(C) suits him more than DM,M,AM(C). 

21 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Reyna+Szoboszlai or O. Dembele?

Tapsoba or Pau Torres?

Duo

Tapsoba

21 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

On the subject of position changes, Angelo Ogbonna needs LB removing 😊

Submitted this last week. I have him in a GW btw, the LB was useful.

18 minutes ago, FGS18 said:

And there's a simple explanation. McTominay plays CB, Kane categorically does not play attacking midfield, and Ramos categorically does not play RB? Like Rahul says it's somewhat suspect the argument whether he should perform on SM in a back 2 when in reality that's not something he does but then that point can be argued about any CBs currently playing in a back 3 in real life? Players being over-versatile is unnecessary, people cannot genuinely believe Ramos should retain his RB positioning? I can say with some degree of certainty he will never play there again

Thanks for the logical reply mate. Perfect explanation :) 

13 minutes ago, Buka said:

FDJ 93?

Nah, too soon

57 minutes ago, Nameless said:

If you feel it's only 3-5 players that people are disappointed with then you are totally disconnected with the game and should be considered a SM board level person. 

I personally am bringing the obvious names. Can't name and argue about all the players. 

Believe me personally this changes doesn't affect my GWs at all. 

If you take different facts/data's from totally different platforms to suit your arguments there's nothing I can say. Like I said, you used 3 different points for Kane, Ramos and Mctominnay. 

Kane doesn't have a AM(c) but McTominnay has D(c).

People will be disappointed with the changes of players they have. This is obvious. One manager messaged me with changes he felt should be made for the players he has - even though they would lose positions. 

Most changes for players are obvious. Cases like Ogbonna, which Kieran suggested above. Now if someone is using Ogbonna as a left-back, then that's their problem. 

Obviously the same argument can't be used for players across positions. How can there be a blanket rule? A defender is different to an attacker. McTominay has literally played 8 games for Scotland at CB.

Jordan Henderson got his CB after 7 games for Liverpool - everyone knows he wasn't comfortable there.

I'm not making these stats up. I have no vested interest, I only play in two GWs. That's all I can say really.

If people are annoyed they know where to find me, as I said I am happy to explain the first time.

1 hour ago, Halko said:

What do you think about this players Tomas Esteves, Manuel Ugarte, Facundo Torres, Federico Girotti? Can this players progress in the future

Not too sure, sorry

28 minutes ago, zerocool1 said:

Mingueza any chance of 87? Considering he has been ever present and was one of the best performers for Barca in today's el classico.

86 imo, but 87 is possible.

11 minutes ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

Jerome Boateng or Gerard Pique?

Boateng, but it depends where he goes in the summer

4 hours ago, FGS18 said:

Agree with this. If you look at Spurs starting 11 do you ever see Kane behind 2 strikers in the line up? No.

Has Ramos started a game at RB in the last 5 years? No. 

McTominay clearly plays CB whether it’s domestic or international so yes the CB position makes sense. 

Topic is starting to get boring now. SM has many things people will never agree on so let’s just move on....

On 4/9/2021 at 1:34 AM, Hugh Nitedite said:

Extremely helpful, really appreciate the explanation......Thanks

BTW, how do you know all this, is there an SM manual with all the game mechanics in it somewhere ?

i have 10 teams over many years, you notice after a while, no manual if their was it would need updated every 6 months

10 hours ago, Halko said:

What do you think about this players Tomas Esteves, Manuel Ugarte, Facundo Torres, Federico Girotti? Can this players progress in the future

All got big futures in my opinion.

9 hours ago, zerocool1 said:

Mingueza any chance of 87? Considering he has been ever present and was one of the best performers for Barca in today's el classico.

He has a really good chance considering he plays for Barcelona.

8 hours ago, AnthonyKegher17 said:

Jerome Boateng or Gerard Pique?

Boateng

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Rodrigo De Paul or Nesyri?

Nesyri surely to get +1 and if De Paul doesn't leave Udinese he will be stuck at 90 or can we see a Grealish here?

Tarkowski or Llorente of Leeds likelier to get +1?

El Nesryi, +1 in the summer and plays for the better club.

Llorente, performing really well at Leeds United at the minute.

SWIKI REPORT (11/04/21)

3 pages today all edits below, more from Scandinavia and some position changes in the championship for Norwich City and Huddersfield Town.

Vasas SC - 1
IK Sirius FK - 4
Vasteras SK - 2
Mjallby AIF - 4
Landskrona BoIS - 1
Vasalunds IF - 1
Molde FK - 1
Valerenga IF - 1
KS Lushnja - 1
AS Saint-Etienne - 1
Sporting Cristal - 1
Crystal Palace - 3
Everton - 1
Norwich City - 15
Huddersfield Town - 8
Burnley - 1
Tottenham Hotspur - 1

Thats all for now

Cheers Kieran 😊

I’ve amassed quite a number of CBs in one of my teams would it be a mistake to sell Garcia given the Barcelona link?

Rank in order of maximum potential

Starting CBs  - Le Normand, Tapsoba,

Back up Godfrey, Botman, Kumballa,  

Sell- E.Garcia, Elestondo ???

Future - Lacroix, Gabbia, Mingueza

Thanks in advance 

46 minutes ago, Howe’s That said:

I’ve amassed quite a number of CBs in one of my teams would it be a mistake to sell Garcia given the Barcelona link?

Rank in order of maximum potential

Starting CBs  - Le Normand, Tapsoba,

Back up Godfrey, Botman, Kumballa,  

Sell- E.Garcia, Elestondo ???

Future - Lacroix, Gabbia, Mingueza

Thanks in advance 

I would sell Kumbulla and Gabbia personally but if you don’t want to sell these then maybe sell Garcia, over the past few days it’s been known that Barcelona has offered Garcia reduced terms. Also with the emergence of Mingueza this season Barcelona have good options for the future not a given Garcia slots straight into the first team.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-smart-transfer-strategy-20345203.amp

Rank: Lacroix, Botman/Tapsoba, Mingueza, Le Normand, Godfrey, Kumbulla, Garcia, Gabbia.

1 hour ago, Fotis1992 said:

Any CF rising from 90 to 91? I have in my mind only Andre Silva. Any other?

Marcos Llorente!

41 minutes ago, Mike0007 said:

Has anyone watched Evanilson from FC Porto?

Does not seem to be starting matches this season.

How good is he? Worth picking up?

Not sure, he did start their last game though.

31 minutes ago, Nighch said:

Adam Armstrong worth to buy in your opinion on a very competitive 85 max rating league? Thanks

Not particularly, he would need a move away from Blackburn Rovers to be worth buying.

11 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Coufal +1 or +2?

Foluquier of Granada +1 or +2?

Coufal +1 maybe an outside chance of +2 if West Ham qualify for Champ League.

Foluquier +1 maybe.