Rahul W's rating predictions

Rahul W

SWIKI REPORT (14/04/21)

10 pages this morning with a couple more teams from Finland aswell as a lot of edits across the leagues in Sweden and your usual position changes in the Premier League.

Norway 🇳🇴 

Tromso IL - 1
Sandefjord Football - 1
Asane Football - 1

Finland 🇫🇮 

Inter Turku - 10
SJK - 15

Sweden 🇸🇪 

Degerfors IF - 2
Kalmar FF - 1
Halmstads BK - 3
AFC Eskilstuna - 2
BK Forward - 1
IFK Varnamo - 1
IF Sylvia - 1
FC Trollhattan - 1
Varbergs BoIS - 1
Umea FC - 1
IK Sirius FK - 1
Mjallby AIF - 1
Dalkurd FF - 1
Ostersunds FK - 1
Orebro SK - 1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

West Ham United - 2
West Bromwich Albion - 7
Tottenham Hotspur - 6
Southampton - 10
Newcastle United - 1

Thanks for reading and have a great day

Cheers Kieran 😁

6 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Interestingly enough, a couple of weeks ago I discussed it on Discord, for exactly the same reason. 3-5-2 has become a quite popular formation in football (especially in Italy) and the winger position is kind of a problem, because not so many players can play there in SM (and most of them are full backs).

However, I don't think it is an attacking formation, it's quite a neutral one, if you ask me, depending on the way the coach wants to play it. So, to be honest, I agree with the current situation, attacking midfielders shouldn't definitely be allowed to play there (can you imagine a 3-5-2 with players like C.Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Salah, Mbappe, etc. on the wings?)

The solution for me would be having more players who are AM(RL) at the moment to become also M(RL) - but only if they can actually play there -, in order to make them eligible to be wingers in a 3-5-2.

But hey, that would mean other position changes and Sir Rahul may lose all restraint, and I am afraid his detractors might organise a Julius Caesar-style execution. :D

It is an attacking formation. 

Let me explain in another way. 

You play 532. Who can play on the fullback positions? D(RL). In 352 who can play (green) on the wings? Again D(RL) + M(RL). 

So comparing it to 532, 352 is attacking. But in SM only FBs can play there. 

As for solution the way SM works is the halfway line. Behind halfway line attacking players will show orange/red and the other side attacking players will be green. 

So SM can simply push the positions slightly over the line to show it's an attacking formation. 

Same with 343 (and please don't say 343 is neutral formation). It's an attacking formation where FBs are green and attacking wingers are orange. Only Candreva can play there. 

So as you can see I have saved Rahul from "Et tu Gyan the Cat" and is asking SM to push the players on the other half. 

@Nameless

I think 3-5-2 is correctly presented in SM though. DM, M (R,L) for the wing position is the right position for it. Perisic who was an attacking winger been playing in 3-5-2. Initially he doesn't want to play in that position so he moved to Bayern. Now, he accepts his role. Very bad initially, but now he is more adept playing in that role. And SM already gave his M(R,L) position even before he is adept at playing it.

Can't imagine AM(R,L) playing as wing-back. No team IRL play as attacking winger in 3-5-2. And honestly it is generally a defensive formation

1 hour ago, TCLVikerz said:

@Nameless

I think 3-5-2 is correctly presented in SM though. DM, M (R,L) for the wing position is the right position for it. Perisic who was an attacking winger been playing in 3-5-2. Initially he doesn't want to play in that position so he moved to Bayern. Now, he accepts his role. Very bad initially, but now he is more adept playing in that role. And SM already gave his M(R,L) position even before he is adept at playing it.

Can't imagine AM(R,L) playing as wing-back. No team IRL play as attacking winger in 3-5-2. And honestly it is generally a defensive formation

That's my point 532 and 352 both can't be defensive formation. Even if both are defensive formations surely 343 is not. 

Also you are telling me when one is winning in 75 minutes the manager should go 352 to defend it? 

352 and/or 343 are attacking formations and for some reason SM put the wing positions on the defensive side of the line. 

28 minutes ago, russj said:

Can we get back to rating changes soon and not positional 😫

They are doing rating changes, the only problem is that it’s from countries such as Finland, Sweden, Norway etc 😂

I think the Premier League is complete now with West Brom and West Ham being the last alphabetical, maybe Wolves tomorrow if they haven’t been done already.

15 hours ago, Nameless said:

Is it possible to discuss formations on discord?

If so I would like someone to bring up the 3-5-2 formations please. 

It's an attacking formation but the attacking midfielders show yellow (orange). Only wingbacks and M(RL), which there are very few in the game can play there. 

Making it very similar to 5-3-2 positional wise. 

We should create a decent topic here to discuss formations. 

35 minutes ago, Nameless said:

That's my point 532 and 352 both can't be defensive formation. Even if both are defensive formations surely 343 is not. 

Also you are telling me when one is winning in 75 minutes the manager should go 352 to defend it? 

The thing is I think 5-3-2 is redundant, it's basically 3-5-2. And i don't really want to talk about attacking/defensive formation. But in reality, there is no AM(R,L) playing as the winger in 3-5-2 formation.

If you want an offensive form of 3-5-2. there is 3-3-4. It's still maintain the 3-5-2 shape (3CBs 3CMs 2 CFs) but with offensive wingers. So think about 5-3-2 defensive, 3-5-2 balance, 3-3-4 offensive

12 hours ago, Vinnynx said:

See you next season @Id rather be in SW19

it is starting to look that way, last nights game was exactly the sort of game that we used to lose 1-0. just recently we have shown real signs of life and may just escape the drop. If we can beat Swindon on Saturday I think we will make it. Shame about your lot, but as I live in Lincoln I will be going to a new ground!

10 hours ago, Patron said:

Can Daryl Dike get 84 this season? 

Only if Barnsley get promoted. He got added as a 78, then got a +4, that's quite good already. 

10 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Good question. He got a +4 back in March, but SM still has him at Orlando, not at Barnsley where he is on loan and on fire.

Hard to say when he will get reviewed again and with what team.

SM have him on loan at Barnsley.

9 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Interestingly enough, a couple of weeks ago I discussed it on Discord, for exactly the same reason. 3-5-2 has become a quite popular formation in football (especially in Italy) and the winger position is kind of a problem, because not so many players can play there in SM (and most of them are full backs).

However, I don't think it is an attacking formation, it's quite a neutral one, if you ask me, depending on the way the coach wants to play it. So, to be honest, I agree with the current situation, attacking midfielders shouldn't definitely be allowed to play there (can you imagine a 3-5-2 with players like C.Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Salah, Mbappe, etc. on the wings?)

The solution for me would be having more players who are AM(RL) at the moment to become also M(RL) - but only if they can actually play there -, in order to make them eligible to be wingers in a 3-5-2.

But hey, that would mean other position changes and Sir Rahul may lose all restraint, and I am afraid his detractors might organise a Julius Caesar-style execution. :D

Good discussion! I would not get involved with adding players to M(RL) as knowing which teams play 3 atb requires much more research and I don't have the time (nor interest) to do that atm.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

You play 532. Who can play on the fullback positions? D(RL). In 352 who can play (green) on the wings? Again D(RL) + M(RL). 

As for solution the way SM works is the halfway line. Behind halfway line attacking players will show orange/red and the other side attacking players will be green. 

So SM can simply push the positions slightly over the line to show it's an attacking formation. 

Same with 343 (and please don't say 343 is neutral formation). It's an attacking formation where FBs are green and attacking wingers are orange. Only Candreva can play there. 

So as you can see I have saved Rahul from "Et tu Gyan the Cat" and is asking SM to push the players on the other half. 

If I remember right, AMs used to be able to play as wingbacks few years ago, then it was being abused so SM changed the system. There was a lot of debate at the time.

2 hours ago, russj said:

Can we get back to rating changes soon and not positional 😫

Ratings are also happening, just that it's for 

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

352 and/or 343 are attacking formations and for some reason SM put the wing positions on the defensive side of the line. 

I agree 

1 hour ago, Patron said:

We should create a decent topic here to discuss formations. 

Pretty sure there is a topic, just that most of the forum is pretty dead

46 minutes ago, JHNUFC said:

Any defenders around 88-89 that will rise next review?

Must be someone but I don't have any names off the top of my head 

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

it is starting to look that way, last nights game was exactly the sort of game that we used to lose 1-0. just recently we have shown real signs of life and may just escape the drop. If we can beat Swindon on Saturday I think we will make it. Shame about your lot, but as I live in Lincoln I will be going to a new ground!

2 good wins for you Accrington & Ipswich expect you to beat Swindon only 2nd team all season to lose at Rochdale last night the other being Fleetwood I'd look forward to going to the new plough lane.

We are actually playing well under Darren Moore atm but he was brought in way to late...said to Kieran a while back we were down Tony Pulis 10 game spell killed us ...

7 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Then fall Rahul!" :D

7 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

@Nameless

I think @TCLVikerz has said everything I think about this matter, here and in his following post, when he says: 

6 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

5-3-2 defensive, 3-5-2 balance, 3-3-4 offensive

@Nameless 3-5-2 is definitely not an offensive formation, and wingers are fine where they are, in my opinion.

3-4-3 is not the same thing, of course, but in such case even more so the wingers in the 4-man line can't be attacking midfielders. Their place would rather in the 3-forward line, if any (although they can't play there in an SM 3-4-3, so you should go with an imaginative 3-2-2-2-1).

Again, in my opinion 3-5-2 is more or less good as it is, its only problem is the lack of players with the ability to play on the wings in the game, apart from the full-backs.

In fact, let me explain better. The real problem is SM's bias towards offensive players. I would love to use 3-5-2, but that would mean almost always using 5 defenders (3 CBs + 2 full-backs). Considering that on average offensive players have a higher rating on SM, using this formation would often mean taking out higher rated players and putting in lower rated ones.

58 minutes ago, JHNUFC said:

Any defenders around 88-89 that will rise next review?

Reece James, Lucas Vasquez (if his injury doesn’t effect the rise) Danilo.

Christian Romero, maybe Tapsoba and Mancini.

39 minutes ago, TMCosta said:

Is he going to Euro? I know someone...

I’m sure at the right price he can run the oppositions line for Portugal 😉😁

6 minutes ago, Vinnynx said:

We are actually playing well under Darren Moore atm but he was brought in way to late...said to Kieran a while back we were down Tony Pulis 10 game spell killed us ...

Yeah too late in the day, looks like you will be playing my local town Doncaster next season who ironically had a real shot at promotion before Darren Moore left 😂

If all is well with Chansiri next season and you keep the core players you will go straight back up with DM 😊

12 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

They have way too much depth, if he wants international football he may have to switch to Benin.

They have a lot of Central and Left Defenders but not that much for the right back wing. Pavard and maybe Dubois? If he can perform as he did last night against Munich more often, I'd say he has a pretty good chance of being France's no2 and PSG's no1.

Just my opinion though.

This weeks U23 team of the week from football talent scout

🇫🇷 Illan Meslier
🇷🇺 Aleksandr Silyanov
🇵🇹 Diogo Leite
🇭🇷 Martin Erlić
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Trent Alexander-Arnold
🇧🇪 Albert Sambi Lokonga
🇵🇹 Renato Sanches
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Mason Mount
🇺🇸 Christian Pulisic
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Mason Greenwood
🇩🇪 Karim Adeyemi

Some very difficult choices this week especially in forward areas, including Jamal Musiala who could get a space in the midfield, he was Bayern Munich best player against Berlin regularly beating his marker and using great footwork in getting the only goal for Bayern.

The others options for the lone striker were Dusan Vlahovic who showed his great goal scoring ability with a brace this weekend and Kai Havertz who played the false 9 role to perfection, just wished he could of added a couple more goals to his game.

Two more players who I feel were unlucky to miss out were Maxence Caqueret and Oscar Mingueza, the latter in my opinion was one of Barcelona’s best players in the El Classico and was unfortunate to be on the losing side.

Hope this can be useful to some of you guys wanting to keep up to date with how youth is getting on around Europe.

Cheers Kieran 😁

2 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Yeah too late in the day, looks like you will be playing my local town Doncaster next season who ironically had a real shot at promotion before Darren Moore left 😂

If all is well with Chansiri next season and you keep the core players you will go straight back up with DM 😊

At least I'll tick some grounds off the list 😂😂😂 yeah my home town beat them last night 

I just prey with chansiri finally realises he needs to listen to advisors and not do it on his own maybe relagation will open his eyes 20 mins from the prem to league 1 in 5 years I'm depressed 😂😂😂