• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

SWIKI REPORT (22/04/21)

15 pages this morning with a huge amount being edits from Japan, the MLS looks like it’s coming to a close and about 3 pages worth of edits for teams in India.

Japan 🇯🇵 

Shimizu S-Pulse - 14
Yokohama F Marinos - 4
Kashima Antlers - 5
JEF United Chiba - 1
Sanfrecce Hiroshima - 3
Nagoya Grampus - 12
Cerezo Osaka - 3
FC Tokyo - 13
Gamba Osaka - 7
SC Sagamihara - 1
Zweigen Kanazawa - 1
V-Varen Nagasaki - 1
Kashiwa Reysol - 7
Kataller Toyama - 1
Urawa Red Diamonds - 6
Giravanz Kitakyushu - 1
AC Nagano Parceiro - 1

USA 🇺🇸 (MLS)

CF Montreal - 2
FC Dallas - 4
Chicago Fire - 1
Seattle Sounders - 1
New York RB - 2

India 🇮🇳 

Goa - 6
Jamshedpur FC - 5
Punjab FC - 3
North East United - 9
East Bengal - 11
Hyderabad FC - 7
Mumbai City - 5
Chennai City - 1
Odisha FC - 5
Chennaiyin FC - 2

Thats all for now

Cheers Kieran 😁

7 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Florentino is back on El Larguero tonight and is doubling down on his horror interview on Monday! I am really loving this content, he is so of touch and some of these quotes are hilariously absurd. You'll be hard-pressed to find a worse launch for anything in this world. 

If they made the Americans sell this to the public, it may have gone slightly better. Even Agnelli. Do they not have a WhatsApp group to decide these things? Florentino pissed off all 16-24 aged football fans, today he had a go calling Turkey a small league, doubt that will go down well with them...

We are lucky this idea has been so terribly marketed and handled. 

The cynic in me thinks there's something larger at play here. 

How can 12 hugely successful business people be so so bad and terribly under prepaid? It's unbelievable! 

They had been discussing this for 3 years. 3 YEARS! And that's what they came up with? 

How on earth are they billionaires and I play SM? 

7 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Florentino is back on El Larguero tonight and is doubling down on his horror interview on Monday! I am really loving this content, he is so of touch and some of these quotes are hilariously absurd. You'll be hard-pressed to find a worse launch for anything in this world. 

If they made the Americans sell this to the public, it may have gone slightly better. Even Agnelli. Do they not have a WhatsApp group to decide these things? Florentino pissed off all 16-24 aged football fans, today he had a go calling Turkey a small league, doubt that will go down well with them...

I agree with everything you're saying, but Turkey is a small league. That's not something new that we're hearing. Even Portugal, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria are better leagues in my opinion these days.

3 hours ago, Nighch said:

Predictions on Arnaut Danjuma and Bryan Mbeumo? If they can achieve the promotion and even if they arent transferred i guess Danjuma 86 and Mbeumo too? Any of them is worth the buy on your opinion in a 85 max rate? Thanks

Danjuma 86 if they promote

Mbuemo 85

59 minutes ago, Nameless said:

How can 12 hugely successful business people be so so bad and terribly under prepaid? It's unbelievable! 

They had been discussing this for 3 years. 3 YEARS! And that's what they came up with? 

I think the same, the incompetence is weird to process

39 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

I agree with everything you're saying, but Turkey is a small league. That's not something new that we're hearing. Even Portugal, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria are better leagues in my opinion these days.

Yes haha, just that Turkish Twitter will be blasting him.

9 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Talking about how Real Madrid don’t have money.

Yesterday they signed David Alaba who has been holding out for more money over the past few months 😂

4 hours ago, Nighch said:

Predictions on Arnaut Danjuma and Bryan Mbeumo? If they can achieve the promotion and even if they arent transferred i guess Danjuma 86 and Mbeumo too? Any of them is worth the buy on your opinion in a 85 max rate? Thanks

Both +1 if they get promoted, otherwise stay.

Maybe Danjuma is worth buying because Bournemouth are on a roll at the minute, if they keep this form going into the play offs they should go up.

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

Well, they might be unprepared, but I can assure you they are very well prepaid! Haha just kidding :D

19 hours ago, Alyril said:

I’ve just realised is still have Mert Cetin in my reserves.

Is he worth hanging on to?

Not really, I hoped he would last year but even out on loan he's had few minutes and hasn't played since February. I've sold

16 hours ago, Krooss25 said:

Marc Roca sell? 

Yes only 126 mins since December last

35 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Forsberg and Poulsen - will they only go down (or stay) or is there still a +1 in them?

Spend roughly half the time on Bench, maybe a bit less but not enough to rise or fall I'd say. Have scored a few goals and assists between them but I'd sell

Digne or Chilwell to sell? Whoever I keep would be back up to Theo Hernandez

Sell 2 from the following: 

Ruben Neves, Ndidi, Bennacer, Tielemans, Barella, Valverde, Kessie, Oyarzabal, Grealish, Calhanoglu, Van De Beek, Havertz (incoming)

I'm thinking it's between Bennacer, Calhanoglu and DVDB. Would you sell a third to get Sabitzer?

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Forsberg and Poulsen - will they only go down (or stay) or is there still a +1 in them?

Stay

45 minutes ago, TomDeakin said:

Ruben Neves, Ndidi, Bennacer, Tielemans, Barella, Valverde, Kessie, Oyarzabal, Grealish, Calhanoglu, Van De Beek, Havertz (incoming)

I'm thinking it's between Bennacer, Calhanoglu and DVDB. Would you sell a third to get Sabitzer?

Digne since it's a backup

VDB and Calhanoglu. Can sell Bennacer for Sabitzer too.

8 minutes ago, TomDeakin said:

Sell Digne, for me personally I think Chilwell will have a higher ceiling playing for Chelsea.

Sell: Van De Beek + Calhanoglu

I would swap Sabitzer for Bennacer but you have plenty of options in midfield.

18 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Sell Digne, for me personally I think Chilwell will have a higher ceiling playing for Chelsea.

Sell: Van De Beek + Calhanoglu

I would swap Sabitzer for Bennacer but you have plenty of options in midfield.

18 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Stay

Digne since it's a backup

VDB and Calhanoglu. Can see Bennacer for Sabiter too.

Thanks guys

Soccer is stuck in a spiral.   CL is where the money is at.  The PL is the other place with money.  So the big teams spend beyond their means to do well in the CL.  Much like Championship clubs with PL aspirations.  Then some big clubs don’t go as deep into the CL as their budget needs them to and there is debt.  

Now a rival team starts to spend more on new players.  Maybe it is a new owner skirting FFP or whatever, but now the other big teams feel like they must spend more to keep up.  More debt.  

In the end the unsustainable business practices of these big clubs mean that they need much more income.  When they get more income (as they have gotten over the last 20 as their league and CL portions have gone up) they will just spend more.

The pyramid system is broken. FIFA and EUFA and the big clubs get too much.  Smaller clubs and smaller leagues are falling farther and farther behind in money, power, and leverage.

But here is the key; we the fans pay for it all.  Shirts, tickets, subscriptions, buying the goods they advertise, etc. We hold the most power, yet we are more marginalized than ever.