Rahul W's rating predictions

Rahul W

14 minutes ago, Grembo said:

What predictions are we thinking for Mitchel Bakker and Nuno Mendes in the upcoming reviews? Bakker looked pretty good against City on Wednesday, are people still thinking Mendes is better?

Hands down Mendes is better.

Bakker doesn't even get much game time. In everybody's absence Diallo plays LB and Bakker gets game time here and there. 

12 minutes ago, Franco Armani said:

Marquinhos 95?

I'd be outraged tbh... Yes, good 2nd part of the season for him (mainly on UCL) but even at 94 I think he's overrated, specially with Kimpembe playing at his side with only 91. I believe Kimpembe will get 92 and Marquinhos stay. If marquinhos would get 95, Presnel would deserve 93.

It reminds me of Daley Blind 91 and Schuurs 85 on Ajax. Same thing.

21 hours ago, TGB said:

Bruno 95?

Too soon in all honesty.

Maybe he'll get a random one after the Euro's depending on how well he/Portugal perform. 

A Europa League cup win would certainly help his claim for a 95. 

21 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

John Stones, I’m in the same camp as Milanista I would counter with Pulisic for Stones or even Grealish and maybe some cash.

Grazie amico

No too early for me, United played really well tonight but I’ve seen League two teams defend better than Roma, awful! 😂 They put Italian defences to shame. 

However with the leg currently at 6-2 I reckon Ole will be brave enough to give a chance to some youngsters in the second leg.  

Also surely 95’s are for players who are consistent over a number of years and win major honours for their team, just a thought.

I agree. KDB, Modric and Kross to name but a few. 

17 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

And so Eric Garcia is finally on his way to Barca. How do you think he will fare at Camp Nou?

I reckon he'll eventually slot in well. Probably won't start of great, but will become a reliable defensor for Barça. His lace of pace will be an issue though. Although La Liga is slower than the PL - so he should be ok. 

10 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

And so Eric Garcia is finally on his way to Barca. How do you think he will fare at Camp Nou?

With the emergence of Oscar Mingueza and Ronald Araujo this season I struggle to see where Garcia fits in, I think the league will suit Garcia more but I definitely feel you will need to have patience with him game time wise.

1 hour ago, Hunter878 said:

Tahith Chong keep or sell?

Sell

1 hour ago, Grembo said:

What predictions are we thinking for Mitchel Bakker and Nuno Mendes in the upcoming reviews? Bakker looked pretty good against City on Wednesday, are people still thinking Mendes is better?

Maybe +1/2 for Mitchell Bakker, he hasn’t played as much under Poch and no where near the talent of Nuno Mendes.

Nuno Mendes at least +3 maybe more.

1 hour ago, Shaun-10 said:

Hello mates, I am new to this forum not sure if I am posting in the right section, but what is your rating prediction about these players,all seem to have many game time thanks in advance 

P.Hojbjerg 90 - stay

Toko Ekambi 89 - stay

J.Palhinha 87 - stay/+1

D.Sow 86 - +1/2

U.Racic 85 - +1

Predictions above ^

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Who will fetch me the most money after the review? - 

Maehle

J. Anderson (Fulham)

Godfrey 

Palhinha or 

Claudinho

Either Maehle or Godfrey both should get +1

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Hands down Mendes is better.

Bakker doesn't even get much game time. In everybody's absence Diallo plays LB and Bakker gets game time here and there. 

Bakker has the 6th most minutes in Ligue 1 of all PSGs players this season, I certainly wouldn't classify that as 'here & there'. 

Here's the difference. One plays elite level European football & in a more competitive domestic league, at a club where he competes against some top players for a starting spot & gets plenty. 37 appearances, 2251 minutes in all comps, the games he missed fairly recently were when Pochettino took over at PSG, a period whereby the known reputable & older player got the nod, seems to be different now perhaps as he gets minutes no matter. 

Then there's a young lad, playing in a poorer league that has a reputation for blooding youth & creating huge sell on fees, a good I would guess 66% might be successful but 34% are not. Don't get me wrong, Mendes looks a huge talent but really what is he showing us? His competition in the squad is far lower, the coach bloods youth left, right & centre, the standard in games is far less. 

"Hands down Mendes is better" - I'm not sure you can make that conclusion even if you have watched plenty of both, which I personally have too. 

Bakker is a completely different, build/physique & stature, his game is very different. My money is that Mendes will be a better in-possession left back but Bakker the better out-of-possession. 

Bakker to 87, Mendes to 85 in this coming review I'd predict in terms of short term changes.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, Soccahappy said:

I have had many PM's in the last few years regarding the spreadsheet and a lot of these are the same or similar questions or requests for how it's done. So rather than keep answering PM's or (DM's now) I've searched back at replies I've given in the past. There are only 8 of them and only the last number is different ie 1 to 8. The first starts Evol2221 and the last is Evol2228 which is also shown below along with the following Evol2224

Many may not be interested in searching back but many New comers may find it helpful

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sort Code: Evol2228

We have come to the same conclusion Ski which is really good 😀 BUT let me explain somewhat why the spreadsheet sees doubt and bear in mind the formulas have to take in all scenarios. Wilson's 1,089mins are only 55% of the available minutes, Which means he has missed playing in 891mins, a lot of mins to miss. Also the formulas have to make a different computation for a Club Bournemouth 19th in the table and in severe danger of relegation. Contrast Harvey Barnes playing for 2nd placed Leicester with very similar minutes he has a +18.6% figure. Or even Maitland Niles with similar minutes who benefits twice from his club being an elite club and in 10th position +11%. 

I realise fully u are not meaning to criticise at all and I do not take it that way at all. I'm glad you have posted as it gives me an opportunity to explain features the spreadsheet has evolved to Over the last 9 years, about 18 reviews. I have learned at every review to make my spreadsheet come closer to the way SM do it, adding new formulas and changing the accuracy's from the actuality of SM's own review results. Of course SM are far from consistent, make mistakes, miss players and sometimes clubs altogether! Their human after all and so am I & make mistakes too.

You have to treat the Real Madrid's and Bayern Munichs differently to the Osasuna's and Paderborns even when they might not be far apart in the table! Quite often the Top elite teams have bigger squads and spread the load of minutes lower too. Sometimes Top elite younger players get less minutes than the Norwich's of this world. The value of Minutes have to be treated differently at a lower club than say Tomori at Chelsea now. Previously at Chelsea Tammi Abraham, Mason Mount and Tomori would have got far fewer minutes. That's why such younger players E.g  Mason Greenwood, Brandon Williams and Daniel James get such high Percentage ratings. 

Anyway that's a longwinded answer to why Harry Wilson's minutes still hasn't brought him to a higher level. Undoubtedly  I may well make slight changes during the analysis to get this closer and also possibly make Goals and Assists a little more stronger an influence. It's all about getting all scenarios as close as I can. Phew! Anyway thanks Ski appreciate the opportunity...

On 9/7/2020 at 10:43 AM, Soccahappy said:

Sort Code: Evol2224

It would be easier for you to guess what's NOT in there than me remember all of them at one time, Kieran. It is the evolution of 8 or 9 maybe 10years of changes. The Columns now span from A to AP which I think is 42 columns and the rows over 3,000 now, actually 3,437 ATM, just checked).

One important one U might not think of is the "Eliteness" of a club and how well it's playing towards their historic Elite Level at any moment in time. It's similar to position in the League at any one time but a bit more stable than the latter. Take ManU outside the top 5 and playing erratically, poor morale and performances, then Bruno comes along and ManU are transformed. That Elite rating is increasing at least weekly as even Pogba starts to perform and heads back upwards quickly towards their historic elite level. Same with Barcelona progressing downwards . All clubs have an Elite historic rating to perform towards, think of Aston Villa in the championship, Wolves as well and nowSheffield U now! 

Many years ago I noticed a player at Arsenal say had the same minutes, goals, assists and club position similar to one at say Wigan and the player at Arsenal would get a +4 to 86 and Wigan player would stay at 82 and hundreds more similar contrasts even between clubs that were only slightly different in Eliteness. A player getting 2,000 minutes at a BIG club would get more of a rise than 3,420minutes at a lower one.        Sort Code: Evol2224

Enough I think u get the picture of everything evolving over many years to as close to the way SM do reviews as is possible (the 0%line is changed for every club every Review) BUT Also every drop or rise in position in the League EVERY MATCH if it is required. It does take me huge amounts of time to track changes and then change the spreadsheet every match. Cheers Socca 😀

All as above, so u can change the last number from 1 to 8 and search all the posts I found today (there are probably more, but 8 should be sufficient. The Evol is obviously evolution or evolved which allowed me to find these 8 earlier posts.

Anyone got a RB on the rise? Looking for a right sided equivalent to a Paulo Otavio or Mitchel Bakker mentioned above, someone that's a low 80 but has played all season in the top 5 leagues. Being lazy, I'll do my research on it this afternoon hopefully but if anyone has some right off the bat, happy days.

20 minutes ago, DP 91 said:

Anyone got a RB on the rise? Looking for a right sided equivalent to a Paulo Otavio or Mitchel Bakker mentioned above, someone that's a low 80 but has played all season in the top 5 leagues. Being lazy, I'll do my research on it this afternoon hopefully but if anyone has some right off the bat, happy days.

Mingueza, Rensch, Ryan Reynolds

31 minutes ago, DP 91 said:

Old version - Stuart Dallas

Young version - Devyne Rensch

You'll be surprised to hear that Rensch is taken, no shock, hold him in a few already. 

Mingueza taken already too. Bryan Reynolds isn't a bad shout though. Dallas also, sadly with an age limit in the GW though he's a no-go. Cheers, gents. Interesting that there's a number of LBs but fewer RBs in this low bracket on the rise, to my knowledge off the top of my head anyway.

Think I may have to short term go low-key with a Pipa at Huddersfield (80-82+) or similar. 

What do we think Clauss at RC Lens will go to? Might be my punt, feel like he's a +2 maybe.

2 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

With the emergence of Oscar Mingueza and Ronald Araujo this season I struggle to see where Garcia fits in, I think the league will suit Garcia more but I definitely feel you will need to have patience with him game time wise.

Sell

I agree. I think he got some poor advice on his career path, and if he worried about game time at City, it looks like he won't be getting much more at Barca ...

19 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I agree. I think he got some poor advice on his career path, and if he worried about game time at City, it looks like he won't be getting much more at Barca ...

I doubt it's about game time only. Happens with many players from Germany and Spain. Players come to England, prove they are capable to step in first team and once Barca, RM, Bayern come calling they instantly want to head back. Basically fast tracking their career. 

And for once the opposite is happening with Sancho. 

13 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Koeman prefers to have one left footed centre back at least in the XI, unfortunately that’s just Lenglet or Umtiti. Garcia will have to bench two or all among Pique, Araujo, Mingueza to start. 

Don’t think Barca would have been interested if he wasn’t free and from La Masia. 

1 hour ago, DP 91 said:

Sacha Boey, Tiago Djaló

26 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Koeman prefers to have one left footed centre back at least in the XI, unfortunately that’s just Lenglet or Umtiti. Garcia will have to bench two or all among Pique, Araujo, Mingueza to start. 

Don’t think Barca would have been interested if he wasn’t free and from La Masia. 

Sacha Boey, Tiago Djaló

Couple of good shouts those, Boey taken unsurprisingly once again but Djalo is free & has definitely played enough at RB to warrant the position for the foreseeable. 

1 hour ago, DP 91 said:

You'll be surprised to hear that Rensch is taken, no shock, hold him in a few already. 

Mingueza taken already too. Bryan Reynolds isn't a bad shout though. Dallas also, sadly with an age limit in the GW though he's a no-go. Cheers, gents. Interesting that there's a number of LBs but fewer RBs in this low bracket on the rise, to my knowledge off the top of my head anyway.

Think I may have to short term go low-key with a Pipa at Huddersfield (80-82+) or similar. 

What do we think Clauss at RC Lens will go to? Might be my punt, feel like he's a +2 maybe.

Jonathan Gradit should be an easy 85/86 too. 

13 minutes ago, lemontrees said:

Any predictions for Jonas Omlin, Montpellier gk, please? Long term as well as next review if possible. 

+1 at most not sure after that, I think a lot will depend of Montpellier’s performance next season.

59 minutes ago, DP 91 said:

Couple of good shouts those, Boey taken unsurprisingly once again but Djalo is free & has definitely played enough at RB to warrant the position for the foreseeable. 

Djalo was outstanding against PSG shutting down Mbappe and Neymar which is no easy task, all in all deserves +2 in the summer.

Also like you said in an earlier post, Clauss of Lens should get 85, seems like a logical next rating for SM.

I have been offered Leon Bailey + Pablo Sarabia for my Memphis Depay.

I see that both Bailey and Sarabia have done fairly well for their teams this year. Would either of them be in iwth a +1 perhaps? Depay is rumoured to possibly going to Barca as well so would he be in for a +1 too??

Any help is appreciated on this!!

Wolves U23s had a match this afternoon against Reading. Had they won, Wolves would have clinched a play-off place to try to get out of division 2 and up into the top division. They were trounced 5-0, and will now probably have to win their last match, which is also against Reading. The interesting thing though is that Theo Corbeanu and Owen Otasowie were both left out because they're with the first team preparing for the match against West Brom, which isn't until Monday. This suggests to me that they might both be intended to get some minutes in that match.

I accept that Otasowie's in that awkward situation of being considered to be in the first team squad but not getting on much, so that he hardly ever plays any football ever, but he was in the previous U23 match so I think his absence here might be significant.

Corbeanu (65 rated, £140k) is FC on SM, and transfermarkt have him as FC as a main and RW/LW as secondary positions, but I think this is wrong. He played an hour for Canada as a midfielder (I'm not sure where he played on his brief debut from the bench) and seems to have been playing AMR/FR for the Wolves U23s up until a recent switch to AML/FL. In a recent U23 match report there is a comment about Wolves not having a recognised striker in the team because of injuries, yet Corbeanu was playing, and he wasn't the one asked to play up front. So I think neither Wolves nor Canada see him as an FC at the moment. Whether he's actually any good is another matter.

hello, I try it in different way. I'm selling Dybala, want some promising youngs, competive gw, not interested in moneys, would you do:

dybala= moukoko+pedri

dybala=moukoko + ketelaere

or Dybala=moukoko and one between Rayan CHERKI, Filip STEVANOVIĆ, r.calafiori, joelson fernandez?

thanks

13 minutes ago, riccardopc said:

hello, I try it in different way. I'm selling Dybala, want some promising youngs, competive gw, not interested in moneys, would you do:

dybala= moukoko+pedri

dybala=moukoko + ketelaere

or Dybala=moukoko and one between Rayan CHERKI, Filip STEVANOVIĆ, r.calafiori, joelson fernandez?

thanks

Moukoko + Pedri is the best deal.

1 hour ago, PokerDaddy said:

I have been offered Leon Bailey + Pablo Sarabia for my Memphis Depay.

I see that both Bailey and Sarabia have done fairly well for their teams this year. Would either of them be in iwth a +1 perhaps? Depay is rumoured to possibly going to Barca as well so would he be in for a +1 too??

Any help is appreciated on this!!

Duo