• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, shaoshao said:

@Sir Rahul Off topic but I'm asking as this thread is very active. Compared to most, but what tactics work for you? My team average is 92 and my strengths lie in my midfield and up front.

This goes out to anyone else interested.

Honestly, I don't think tactics are that important, much less important than the players at your disposal. If you have a fit, highly-rated XI, you'll probably win games so long as you don't do anything stupid tactically (e.g. play your striker at left back, play 3-3-4, never rotate so your players have 50% fitness etc). The word fit is important there: if you want to do well in the league, cup and shield, you'll need around 20 good players that you rotate through. Rotation I think is underrated: even if you don't have the best squad, a 2016/17 Zidane-esque rotation policy can win you trophies. 

With that disclaimer, these are the tactics that I use: 

4-3-3 B Attacking mentality, normal tackling, mixed/direct passing (depending on relative rating of midfielders/forwards), mixed attack (down both flanks if you have v. good wingers), fast tempo and all over pressing generally ensures you beat teams that are worse than you. Against roughly equally-rated opponents, use hard tackling. 

Against stronger opposition, defensive mentality, hard tackling, mixed passing, mixed/down both flanks attack (depending on relative strength of their full backs/your wingers), normal tempo and own half pressing works well. As for formation, 4-3-3 B is still good, although if the opponent is significantly stronger, you might like to consider 5 at the back. 

Of course, use substitutions effectively. I tend to make changes at 60 mins. If I'm losing, I switch to aggressive tackling and direct passing. If I'm winning against weaker opposition, I change to a more defensive mentality and sub players off to give them rest (if necessary). 

2 hours ago, shaoshao said:

@Sir Rahul Off topic but I'm asking as this thread is very active. Compared to most, but what tactics work for you? My team average is 92 and my strengths lie in my midfield and up front.

4-2-3-1 is probably best one,  but it all depends really there are many formations that work with different squads, keep experimenting until you find winning formula

7 hours ago, Mickbor59 said:

Callejon 92?

maybe

6 hours ago, danky said:

i am looking to buy Mahrez. the other manager has asked for suso and Nuhu. should I go for it?

sure

5 hours ago, shaoshao said:

4-2--3-1

5 hours ago, Garof said:

Fred or Grimaldo+Jedvaj?

Fred

4 hours ago, jlammy said:

Rank Wijnaldum, Luis Alberto, Lingard, Rodri Hernandez and van de Beek? 

atm, Rodri, Alberto, Lingz, Wij, VDB

2 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Players like Hulk, Yannick Carrasco, Oscar with 91 is a joke. The same Mascherano with 92.

Masch will drop soon

40 minutes ago, JAMancini said:

Diogo Dalot very close to Manchester United.

yes intriguing 

2 minutes ago, Damien1990 said:

Yeah, they seem to do one team each day and maybe one or two players in another team the same day then finish the team the next day so tomorrow will be Dortmund finished and a couple of players from Hoffenheim and so on.

it was so slow:)

but which is the next league? EPL?