Rahul W's rating predictions

Just now, Floodstreet2017 said:

Azpi is pretty much Spain’s 3rd or 4th choice right back.

Carvajal

Nacho

Odriozola

Azpi/Sergi Roberto 

SM don’t appreciate Nacho though. Should be 91 at least

Maybe SM factor that into their decisions... but Nainggolan didn't even make Belgium's squad, Icardi the same with Argentina, I could go on... So I don't think they should. Ok reward players doing well for their national teams but don't penalize them for not playing as they can't change their situation. & find another top country lol 

Also... Azpilicueta mostly plays CB for Chelsea these days in a 3, Spain play with 2 CBs. Obviously before that he mostly played LB... so no surprise he fell down the RB pecking order. But he still makes the squad because he's excellent in a number of positions. So is Sergi Roberto who didn't even make the squad.

• Replies 40.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

Agreed. No way Kyle Walker should be same rating. Apart from Man City there hasn’t been a great team in England for a few years.

Some teams have managed it on a one off basis. 

Carvajal maybe should have had it before but for me not better than Kimmich. Also not sure why Alaba is 93 and rated above these players.

The ratings are a mess. No consistency or logic behind a lot when you compare abilities of the players.

Walker is English and play in EPL and finished No.3 and get 6 points in 2 matches in WC Group G.

"But he can't be a 90-something, he isn't better than this other player."   

Guys please keep in mind that player rating has different factors, including talent, games played, individual awards, team positions(League and Cups) and team prestige.  It's not just talent, so when you make a comment like the above, it doesn't convince anyone.  Think it through more and it'll make your argument a lot more convincing. 

37 minutes ago, davidm92 said:

Guys please keep in mind that player rating has different factors, including talent, games played, individual awards, team positions(League and Cups) and team prestige.  It's not just talent, so when you make a comment like the above, it doesn't convince anyone.  Think it through more and it'll make your argument a lot more convincing. 

Fornals had 4 goals 13 assists playing 800 more mins than Soler. 12 assists in the league which was as many as Messi playing for an inferior team. Soler had 1 goal and 5 assists but since he plays for a team that finished 4th rather than 5th (Villarreal) he deserves the same rating as Fornals? Ok, buddy.

46 minutes ago, th3stain said:

Fornals had 4 goals 13 assists playing 800 more mins than Soler. 12 assists in the league which was as many as Messi playing for an inferior team. Soler had 1 goal and 5 assists but since he plays for a team that finished 4th rather than 5th (Villarreal) he deserves the same rating as Fornals? Ok, buddy.

The real level for Soler is 88 and for Fornals is 89, imo.

1 hour ago, th3stain said:

I didn't even see you're original post, just saw a few posts in that format so don't be so sensitive. Ok buddy?

Being as a discussion over whether player x deserves +1 can take over three pages on this thread and lead to no agreement, how do people expect SM to get it right all the time? Last time I checked this site costs nothing, or a token amount if gold manager, how much time and manpower do people expect SM to put into ratings review. 

2 hours ago, davidm92 said:

So on what basis should you make for a players rating?

surely that’s the whole point of the rating system. There has to be consistency. If a player is better than another I expect them to be rated higher end off.

Fair enough if these players have only emerged etc or a bit younger then there are exceptions.

Defeats the purpose of the rating system if you can’t compare players and to be honest these comparisons only go to show how ridiculous and lack of justification behind a lot of the changes!

Just now, Floodstreet2017 said:

So on what basis should you make for a players rating?

surely that’s the whole point of the rating system. There has to be consistency. If a player is better than another I expect them to be rated higher end off.

Fair enough if these players have only emerged etc or a bit younger then there are exceptions.

Defeats the purpose of the rating system if you can’t compare players and to be honest these comparisons only go to show how ridiculous and lack of justification behind a lot of the changes!

I'm not saying to not compare players.  I'm saying it'll make for better discussions to compare them with more than just "I like this guy more."  

14 minutes ago, Stace said:

Being as a discussion over whether player x deserves +1 can take over three pages on this thread and lead to no agreement, how do people expect SM to get it right all the time? Last time I checked this site costs nothing, or a token amount if gold manager, how much time and manpower do people expect SM to put into ratings review. 

No one said we have to agree. This is a place where people come to voice there opinion whether right or wrong.

so yes last time I checked we are allowed this freedom of speech. Everyone like to compare opinions about football and ratings as we do in our day to day lives and on social media.

no one is expecting SM to get it 100% but either way it still a good discussion. Wouldn’t be any point in this thread if not would there!!

1 hour ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

No one said we have to agree. This is a place where people come to voice there opinion whether right or wrong.

so yes last time I checked we are allowed this freedom of speech. Everyone like to compare opinions about football and ratings as we do in our day to day lives and on social media.

no one is expecting SM to get it 100% but either way it still a good discussion. Wouldn’t be any point in this thread if not would there!!

For sure mate, all good points. It's the name calling, and the anger of some people that gets a bit silly. It's a free online game, calm down y'all!

12 hours ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

Gareth Bale !!!
How can he go down 1 point after making the end of the season?
He practically decided a Champions League final in favor of Real Madrid.
I do not understand these SM updates.
Very bad!

it's fine

12 hours ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

People complaining about Carvajal not rising have not seen him play this season. 92 is fine and he’s definitely not a level above Kimmich 

it's okay

11 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Cancelo will sign for Juventus.

Could he be a potential level 91-92?

He can play in all right side (defense and attack).

eventually yeah

11 hours ago, Andrius K said:

Jorge, Jorginho and Falcao rises no where to be found. Why?

indeed, why?

9 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Son from Tottenham could leave football 2 years because of Korean military service.

Korean Goverment would rid the military service if Korea qualifies for 1/8 in WorldCup or win Asiatic Games this summer.

I wrote an article on this

7 hours ago, davidm92 said:

yep

8 hours ago, Grembo said:

Who has the bigger potential out of Dominic Calvert-Lewin or Oleksandr Zinchenko or Ainsley Maithland-Niles? Need to sell one of them. 

not sure

5 hours ago, Stace said:

yep

SM is like VAR

4 hours ago, hesselink said:

Cancelo or Semedo?

Cancelo