Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

2 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

Lukaku was a poor miss, Dybala I could understand 50-50...

But Oblak.... come on guys, how many years in a row has he won the Zamora? No way he's 2 points below DDG....

right, everyone knows that Oblak is more steady than de Gea. If DDG 95, Oblak worth a 96.

16 minutes ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

What?
Carvajal is one of the best right defenders!
He had a complicated injury, which made him lose many games, but who are the great players who have no injuries throughout his career?
He has so many trophies, but 3 Champions League in a row, I think it's a great business card for this player, not any player who has this track record at the service of a big club like Real Madrid.
I have no doubt that Carvajal deserves the 93.

He is a great defender. Hasn’t done enough this season to justify 93 though. Mixed bag in term of form and few injuries.

18 minutes ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

He is a great defender. Hasn’t done enough this season to justify 93 though. Mixed bag in term of form and few injuries.

Carvajal deserves the 93 a long time ago!
But review after review, for one reason or another, still do not rise to 93!

In the Summer Review of 2017 could already have gone up to 93!
In the review of December2017 / January2018 he came from injury, SM did not want to climb.

A season that says less good but in which he won the third Champions League followed, how come he does not rise?
In the NT of Spain, being physically fit is on the eleventh base!

If he played in England he would have had the 93 a long time ago!

1 minute ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

Carvajal deserves the 93 a long time ago!
But review after review, for one reason or another, still do not rise to 93!

In the Summer Review of 2017 could already have gone up to 93!
In the review of December2017 / January2018 he came from injury, SM did not want to climb.

A season that says less good but in which he won the third Champions League followed, how come he does not rise?
In the NT of Spain, being physically fit is on the eleventh base!

Agreed. No way Kyle Walker should be same rating. Apart from Man City there hasn’t been a great team in England for a few years.

Some teams have managed it on a one off basis. 

Carvajal maybe should have had it before but for me not better than Kimmich. Also not sure why Alaba is 93 and rated above these players.

The ratings are a mess. No consistency or logic behind a lot when you compare abilities of the players.

16 minutes ago, andre.silvaduarte@hotmail.com said:

Not so sure about that, Azpilicueta has been 1 of the best defenders in the PL for a while now  & is still stuck on 92.

16 minutes ago, TMNT said:

Not so sure about that, Azpilicueta has been 1 of the best defenders in the PL for a while now  & is still stuck on 92.

Azpi is pretty much Spain’s 3rd or 4th choice right back.

Carvajal

Nacho

Odriozola

Azpi/Sergi Roberto 

SM don’t appreciate Nacho though. Should be 91 at least

Just now, Floodstreet2017 said:

Azpi is pretty much Spain’s 3rd or 4th choice right back.

Carvajal

Nacho

Odriozola

Azpi/Sergi Roberto 

SM don’t appreciate Nacho though. Should be 91 at least

Maybe SM factor that into their decisions... but Nainggolan didn't even make Belgium's squad, Icardi the same with Argentina, I could go on... So I don't think they should. Ok reward players doing well for their national teams but don't penalize them for not playing as they can't change their situation. & find another top country lol 

Also... Azpilicueta mostly plays CB for Chelsea these days in a 3, Spain play with 2 CBs. Obviously before that he mostly played LB... so no surprise he fell down the RB pecking order. But he still makes the squad because he's excellent in a number of positions. So is Sergi Roberto who didn't even make the squad.

1 hour ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

Agreed. No way Kyle Walker should be same rating. Apart from Man City there hasn’t been a great team in England for a few years.

Some teams have managed it on a one off basis. 

Carvajal maybe should have had it before but for me not better than Kimmich. Also not sure why Alaba is 93 and rated above these players.

The ratings are a mess. No consistency or logic behind a lot when you compare abilities of the players.

Walker is English and play in EPL and finished No.3 and get 6 points in 2 matches in WC Group G.

"But he can't be a 90-something, he isn't better than this other player."   

Guys please keep in mind that player rating has different factors, including talent, games played, individual awards, team positions(League and Cups) and team prestige.  It's not just talent, so when you make a comment like the above, it doesn't convince anyone.  Think it through more and it'll make your argument a lot more convincing. 

37 minutes ago, davidm92 said:

Guys please keep in mind that player rating has different factors, including talent, games played, individual awards, team positions(League and Cups) and team prestige.  It's not just talent, so when you make a comment like the above, it doesn't convince anyone.  Think it through more and it'll make your argument a lot more convincing. 

Fornals had 4 goals 13 assists playing 800 more mins than Soler. 12 assists in the league which was as many as Messi playing for an inferior team. Soler had 1 goal and 5 assists but since he plays for a team that finished 4th rather than 5th (Villarreal) he deserves the same rating as Fornals? Ok, buddy.

46 minutes ago, th3stain said:

Fornals had 4 goals 13 assists playing 800 more mins than Soler. 12 assists in the league which was as many as Messi playing for an inferior team. Soler had 1 goal and 5 assists but since he plays for a team that finished 4th rather than 5th (Villarreal) he deserves the same rating as Fornals? Ok, buddy.

The real level for Soler is 88 and for Fornals is 89, imo.

1 hour ago, th3stain said:

I didn't even see you're original post, just saw a few posts in that format so don't be so sensitive. Ok buddy?

Being as a discussion over whether player x deserves +1 can take over three pages on this thread and lead to no agreement, how do people expect SM to get it right all the time? Last time I checked this site costs nothing, or a token amount if gold manager, how much time and manpower do people expect SM to put into ratings review. 

2 hours ago, davidm92 said:

So on what basis should you make for a players rating?

surely that’s the whole point of the rating system. There has to be consistency. If a player is better than another I expect them to be rated higher end off.

Fair enough if these players have only emerged etc or a bit younger then there are exceptions.

Defeats the purpose of the rating system if you can’t compare players and to be honest these comparisons only go to show how ridiculous and lack of justification behind a lot of the changes!

Just now, Floodstreet2017 said:

So on what basis should you make for a players rating?

surely that’s the whole point of the rating system. There has to be consistency. If a player is better than another I expect them to be rated higher end off.

Fair enough if these players have only emerged etc or a bit younger then there are exceptions.

Defeats the purpose of the rating system if you can’t compare players and to be honest these comparisons only go to show how ridiculous and lack of justification behind a lot of the changes!

I'm not saying to not compare players.  I'm saying it'll make for better discussions to compare them with more than just "I like this guy more."  

14 minutes ago, Stace said:

Being as a discussion over whether player x deserves +1 can take over three pages on this thread and lead to no agreement, how do people expect SM to get it right all the time? Last time I checked this site costs nothing, or a token amount if gold manager, how much time and manpower do people expect SM to put into ratings review. 

No one said we have to agree. This is a place where people come to voice there opinion whether right or wrong.

so yes last time I checked we are allowed this freedom of speech. Everyone like to compare opinions about football and ratings as we do in our day to day lives and on social media.

no one is expecting SM to get it 100% but either way it still a good discussion. Wouldn’t be any point in this thread if not would there!!