Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

8 minutes ago, davidm92 said:

Carvajal+Ceballos for Sule.  Duo or Sule?

No. Carvajal is arguably the best RB in the world playing in the best team of the world. The lack of high rating players in that position makes it a keeper while you will find high rated CB (can play in both sides in a 4 defenders formation) way more easy.

1 hour ago, nofoff said:

Think you misread/didn't bother reading my initial post...

Never disputed the fact that France might not have put in the best performances but the fact remains that they won the world cup. Just like Portugal won the euros in 2016 despite not necessarily playing the best football. 

You're trying to put words in my mouth by saying the goal posts are moving every time an international game is played. That's far from the case but are we just meant to discount everything that's happened since the last euros?

My logic actually has France as World cup winners 2018 (the world includes Europe by the way), and if the team or their fans wishes to call them the best team in the world then I have no problem with that. They won the tournament and beat Argentina, France, Belgium and Croatia along the way.

For you to start moaning in the forum about 'the best team not winning' is pretty ridiculous. The whole joy of sport is that you don't know who's going to win before any game is played. If the 'best' team was to win all the time, things would get boring pretty quickly.

Also it's pretty rich of you to complain about the French after the last Euros when you're doing exactly the same thing right now.

People in glass houses mate 

My short and sweet reply addressed Punch's post. It's a simple statement of fact, not even a moan, nor is saying water is wet or the ball is round for that matter. Croatia weren't the best team either, as was made clear in the KO rounds (still their 3-0 win over Argentina in the groups 💪). Would it have ruined your romantic view of the 'joy of sport' in case a 4m strong country had won their first star? Of course not. At least you agree that France weren't the best team in Russia (= exactly the extent of my post). Turns out there isn't even a point of contention in here.

I'm not from Portugal but they are indeed a likeable bunch. Especially after winning a title which lots of arrogant frenchies thought they had some sort of divine right over (and then trolling them hard). Frenchies trolling Croatians OTOH, not a good look. I don't even mind frenchies being arrogant, they can't help themselves really, but it's their lack of hygiene that's appaling. It is said that the french coq is the only animal that is proud to stand on a pile of manure (that's more about their often unwarranted arrogance though). Croatia OTOH is a lovely country with very nice people. A much better holiday destination than the South of France, which is dirty and basically falling apart.

21 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

My short and sweet reply addressed Punch's post

17 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Not even the best team in Europe. Portugal are the current European Champions after all. Pro-tip: the best team doesn't always win.

No need for me to respond to the second paragraph but what exactly did you want people to make of your first post?

Turns out that we are in agreement for the most part but how was I meant to know that when your initial post just reeked of bitterness?

Are we meant to go by the logic that if a team from Europe beats numerous teams also from Europe, on the way to lifting to the world cup, they are still not the best team in Europe? We should go back an look at what happened 2 years ago to decide right???

Backwards

7 minutes ago, nofoff said:

No need for me to respond to the second paragraph but what exactly did you want people to make of your first post?

Turns out that we are in agreement for the most part but how was I meant to know that when your initial post just reeked of bitterness?

Where's the bitterness (pro-tip, it's only in your head). Next time just say: "U mad". "reeked of bitterness", come on try harder but thanks for the laughs.

7 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Are we meant to go by the logic that if a team from Europe beats numerous teams also from Europe, on the way to lifting to the world cup, they are still not the best team in Europe? We should go back an look at what happened 2 years ago to decide right???

Backwards

You still seem to struggle with the idea that the team that lifts the cup wasn't necessarily the best team in the tournament. If it's so easy for you to say it about Portugal when they won the Euros, why are you now running to France's defence? Are you a frog or a frog bandwagoner perhaps?

"numerous teams also from Europe"

Why embellish? It doesn't make for a stronger argument. Quite the contrary. A dysfunctional Argentina and Cavani-less Uruguay aren't from Europe. TBH the scoreline flattered Argentina but they're still not European (and Croatia were better when they played the argies). France played 3 and won against 2 UEFA sides, yes that's plural, however calling "2" numerous is a bit much. France weren't really impressive in any of their games, starting with scraping through in the opener against the lowly aussies until the end. On the whole, the quality of play in Russia wasn't great but regardless it was a very amusing World Cup.

4 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

Where's the bitterness (pro-tip, it's only in your head). Next time just say: "U mad". "reeked of bitterness", come on try harder but thanks for the laughs.

You still seem to struggle with the idea that the team that lifts the cup wasn't necessarily the best team in the tournament. If it's so easy for you to say it about Portugal when they won the Euros, why are you now running to France's defence? Are you a frog or a frog bandwagoner perhaps?

"numerous teams also from Europe"

Why embellish? It doesn't make for a stronger argument. Quite the contrary. A dysfunctional Argentina and Cavani-less Uruguay aren't from Europe. TBH the scoreline flattered Argentina but they're still not European (and Croatia were better when they played the argies). France played 3 and won against 2 UEFA sides, yes that's plural, however calling "2" numerous is a bit much. France weren't really impressive in any of their games, starting with scraping through in the opener against the lowly aussies until the end. On the whole, the quality of play in Russia wasn't great but regardless it was a very amusing World Cup.

My point from the start has always been the same. Regardless of who may have been the best team, it always comes across as bitter when people decide to take away from the winning team/individual in any sport (especially when it's not even 24 hours later). I imagine you haven't really competed much in your life, if you don't really understand the premise of 'the best man won'. I never said that I believed France played the best football but I have no problem with them calling themselves the best team in the world (for now at least) after winning the biggest tournament in international football. For the same reason, I also had no problem with Portugal saying they were the best team in Europe after 2016.

On another point I'm intrigued to see who you do currently think the best team in Europe is. It's not France apparently so...?

Whether its tongue-in-cheek or not, you seem to have some kind of problem with the relative success of the French. I haven't got a bit of 'frog' in me but I personally find it just as hilarious to hear people like you moaning commenting on their apparent weaknesses now, as I did to hear the bitter non-portugal fans after euro 2016.

"Not even the best team in Europe"

"A dysfunctional Argentina and Cavani-less Uruguay"

Anything to take away from the fact that they beat some top sides haha. If you don't 'reek of bitterness' then maybe u just a h8r?

*I have no problem saying that the word 'numerous' may have been a mistake on my part but it doesn't really change anything. They still beat 6 of the 7 sides put in front of them, two of which were top European sides. The fact that the majority of your response was focused on that one word, shows you're missing my point entirely.

Keep on h8ing bro, sure the 'frenchies' in the forum are loving it

17 minutes ago, nofoff said:

My point from the start has always been the same. Regardless of who may have been the best team, it always comes across as bitter when people decide to take away from the winning team/individual in any sport (especially when it's not even 24 hours later). I imagine you haven't really competed much in your life, if you don't really understand the premise of 'the best man won'. I never said that I believed France played the best football but I have no problem with them calling themselves the best team in the world (for now at least) after winning the biggest tournament in international football. For the same reason, I also had no problem with Portugal saying they were the best team in Europe after 2016.

On another point I'm intrigued to see who you do currently think the best team in Europe is. It's not France apparently so...?

Whether its tongue-in-cheek or not, you seem to have some kind of problem with the relative success of the French. I haven't got a bit of 'frog' in me but I personally find it just as hilarious to hear people like you moaning commenting on their apparent weaknesses now, as I did to hear the bitter non-portugal fans after euro 2016.

"Not even the best team in Europe"

"A dysfunctional Argentina and Cavani-less Uruguay"

Anything to take away from the fact that they beat some top sides haha. If you don't 'reek of bitterness' then maybe u just a h8r?

*I have no problem saying that the word 'numerous' may have been a mistake on my part but it doesn't really change anything. They still beat 6 of the 7 sides put in front of them, two of which were top European sides. The fact that the majority of your response was focused on that one word, shows you're missing my point entirely.

yawn

Try to rank Argentina's performance (pro-tip: they were awful)

17 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Keep on h8ing bro, sure the 'frenchies' in the forum are loving it

The numerous 'frenchies' in the forum, you mean 🤣

11 hours ago, Marek said:

Who is the better prospect between Lincoln (Flamengo) and Gouiri (Lyon)?

not sure

8 hours ago, Amar said:

Who is the best of the following for LB?

Lucas Hernandez (Atletico) Theo Hernandez (Real Madrid) Benjamin Mendy (Manchester City)

CB

Virgil Van Dijk v Nicklas Sule?

Is Sule going to overtake Boateng as a starter anytime soon?

Lucas

Sule

Yes

8 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Pickord 89 as Karius 🤣🤣

haha

8 hours ago, Bud said:

Griezmann or hazard?

Hazard

8 hours ago, Tharanidharan said:

What's Lucas's favorite or best position? He plays as LB for ATM and France but isn't CB his best position? 

CB

7 hours ago, hesselink said:

Why is Wesley at SM(SoccerWiki) already introduced as a Lazio player? He has not signed yet, and how things stand, he will not.

they like to jump the gun sometimes

6 hours ago, francesco.mormi@hotmail.it said:

Hi, this is my team with Manchester City.

Eduardo - Bravo

Menddy - Otamendi

Manolas - Laporte

Koulibaly - Stones 

Walker

Gundogan - Fernandinho

De Bruyne - Inesta

Silva

Sanè - B.Silva

Sterling - Mahrez

Aguero - G.Jesus

Would you swap Mandy-Mahrez for Alex Sandro? Thx

Yes

3 hours ago, davidm92 said:

Carvajal+Ceballos for Sule.  Duo or Sule?

Duo

31 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Please rank - Seri, Fornals, Bentacur and. Ceballos

Bentancur, Ceballos, Seri, Fornals

20 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

@1000dB Don't bother with that nofoff guy, if someone has a different opinion is always a hater or bitter or delusional or ignorant. Can't or won't see nor accept others point if it's contrary to his. 

Was waiting for you to pipe up Vitor. Going to leave it now as I'm definitely fighting a losing battle but you two have something in common. You come up with the clever comment in order to avoid the point at hand. You both seem to want to sh*t on France after they've just won the world cup but have no answer when asked who the current best team in Europe is...

Good evening to you both

44 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Was waiting for you to pipe up Vitor. Going to leave it now as I'm definitely fighting a losing battle but you two have something in common. You come up with the clever comment in order to avoid the point at hand. You both seem to want to sh*t on France after they've just won the world cup but have no answer when asked who the current best team in Europe is...

Good evening to you both

A few people going a bit off topic in the last couple of days. Can you lot get your own thread and go and be bitter and patronising to each other there? 

39 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Good evening to you both

And undoubtedly you would go on for several pages bringing up one non-argument after the other. You already have admitted France wasn't the best team in Russia (despite it being very important to you not to hurt the feelings of the French). Still, I'm pleased we can agree about that. Here I'll even help you to better express your love for the frenchies:

XqnyoH9.jpg

39 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Ps. Surely you're fed up of taking L's in the public forum by now. Feel free to pm me if you want to save yourself the endless embarrassment. Much love Vitor xxx

Take your own advice and pm me, instead of derailing this thread. Thanking you in advance for the laughs.

4 hours ago, Juanchitoox said:

No. Carvajal is arguably the best RB in the world playing in the best team of the world. The lack of high rating players in that position makes it a keeper while you will find high rated CB (can play in both sides in a 4 defenders formation) way more easy.

Carvajal's had an average season, he's not the best RB in the world. Note how he's stuck on 93 while Casemiro & Varane got bumped to 93 last upgrade. There's a reason for that. 

Hi, who do you think are the best U21 players in the game? (Which value is not over 11-12)

I'm having a carrer with Atalanta and I'm trying to make a team full of young players, right now I'm trying to buy those players:

P.LIROLA (Sassuolo)

Y.KARAMOH (Caen)

D.ĆALETA-CAR (Salzburg)

J.MERÉ (Köln)

M.SARR (Nice)

R.SESSEGNON (Fulham)

N.BARELLA (Cagliari)

O.NDIDI (Leicester)

Those are the players I made an offer for, I'm pretty happy with those ones. Do you think I should change any of them with someone else? I'm not sure about Merè, maybe I can change him with Riedewald, who do you think is better? Do you know any other player it should be worth to made an offer for?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, TMNT said:

What value will Sergio Busquets drop to? He's just turned 30 so I'm assuming he'll drop from 44.5m soon... & how long will it be til he drops? A few weeks?

His price will drop 1st of August. Not sure about the price 

4 hours ago, francesco.mormi@hotmail.it said:

Hi, who do you think are the best U21 players in the game? (Which value is not over 11-12)

I'm having a carrer with Atalanta and I'm trying to make a team full of young players, right now I'm trying to buy those players:

P.LIROLA (Sassuolo)

Y.KARAMOH (Caen)

D.ĆALETA-CAR (Salzburg)

J.MERÉ (Köln)

M.SARR (Nice)

R.SESSEGNON (Fulham)

N.BARELLA (Cagliari)

O.NDIDI (Leicester)

Those are the players I made an offer for, I'm pretty happy with those ones. Do you think I should change any of them with someone else? I'm not sure about Merè, maybe I can change him with Riedewald, who do you think is better? Do you know any other player it should be worth to made an offer for?

Thank you.

In my opinion, Sessegnon is a must buy, Barella, Ndidi, Sarr are good buys too. You would find better U21 players but it always depends on what you have available on your GW and that i don't know, De Ligt, Aouar, Dalot for example.

8 hours ago, TMNT said:

What value will Sergio Busquets drop to? He's just turned 30 so I'm assuming he'll drop from 44.5m soon... & how long will it be til he drops? A few weeks?

He will drop maybe just 2M like Aguero. So his new price would be...42.2M.