• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• TMCosta

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TMCosta said:

From whoscored? Forget it...try floodstreet.com hahahaha

9 minutes ago, Cam Lucas said:

I doubt Matic will go -2. I can see Matic getting a -1 maybe as united are poor, Alexis on the other hand is surely in line for a -2. As a Gooner - this pleases me.

Yeah Sanchez -2 and Matic -1 for now then another -1 each in summer if they don’t pick up

2 hours ago, AlfonDaddy said:

He hardly gets an opportunity for France. Normally he sits on the bench. Compare his stats to other higher rated players in his position. Granted they play in tougher leagues but they also play for top teams in those leagues.....

E28A7A20-62B3-4ECD-BC7F-1D7D78AB7388.png

Think he has about one goal in all this time against a team in the top 4 in France. No joke.

1 hour ago, Yuasa said:

I'm reading he takes 6.5 valutazion last night

And what?? 😂

15 hours ago, shangar said:

A quick question regarding Golovin's +1 to 89.  Do you guys think this was purely based on his World Cup performances, or was there something in his club form?

Definitely not Monaco as its already been said, deservedly WC Performances.

15 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

As good a time as any to bring back up that Joe Gomes vs Kimpembe debate....

Like I said, Kimpembe.... easy 

Joe Gomez for me by a mile at the moment.

14 hours ago, Lukke said:
MD,M,MA(C)   T.NDOMBÉLÉ Olympique Lyonnais 10.0M 88 21
MD,M,MA(C)   F.GRILLITSCH Hoffenheim 8.0M 88 23

which safer to rise?

Ndombele again by a mile now, later & probably forever :)

3 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Balotelli is on 90 (+1 last summer).

Usually the next day they continue with the last team that was reviewed the day before. In this case that was ASSE. OM seems to be completed and Thauvin won't get more than 91 playing for OM.

I agree with 1000db We'll know tomorrow for sure, but my pennyworth ... No Rise for Thauvin. Saint-Maximin possibly tomorrow. Unlikely tho it seems I'm hoping...

Looking like Boateng is pretty certain to drop. My current CB options are: Ramos (32/95), Boateng (30/94), Stones (24/90), Christensen (22/90), Elvedi (22/88), Zouma (24/88), M. Sarr (19/87), Retsos (20/87), Lyanco (21/82), Mavropanos (20/82). Retsos, Lyanco and Mavropanos have been injured fairly often and don't seem to be in their teams' plans at the moment. Zouma is  Zouma and Christensen is frozen out at Chelsea so I need a decent replacement - preferably one capable of hitting 94 in the future.

My team currently is:

De Gea (28/95)

Kimmich (23/92) Ramos (32/95) Boateng (30/94) Alaba (26/93)
Eriksen (26/93) Pogba (25/93)
Mbappe (19/92) Kroos (28/95) Isco (26/93)
Griezmann (27/95)

I've got Sterling and Dele Alli too so am comfortable throwing Isco in the mix with Boateng to get a CB of a decent age with a good future. My game world is pretty competitive so it'll be tough getting a replacement - any 2 or 3 name recommendations?

25 minutes ago, Yuasa said:

Someone said yesterday he was terrible

Two goals over last season and this season against a top team in France.

1 versus PSG last season

1 against Lyon this season.

Regularly disappears against the big teams then pops up against Amiens, Caen etc not sure why he should get a 92?

Very generous from SM if he does. 

9 minutes ago, Yuasa said:

Someone said yesterday he was terrible

I don't think anyone said Thauvin was terrible...

I said Kimpembe was awful (because I actually watched the PSG-Liverpool game and he had one of his worst games)

I'm with @Floodstreet2017 on this. Just because Whoscored gave a player a 6+ rating really has very little bearing on how well they actually played.

Their formula is completely stat based and doesn't take into account a number of key things. To use yesterdays game as an example Kimpembe might have played 20 successful passes (hypothetically speaking) back to his GK meaning Whoscored thinks his passing was great. (Mustafi last season is another example of how deceiving WS can be, especially for defenders)

However it completely ignores the fact that Thiago Silva came to his rescue at least 6 times and he that was caught out of position on multiple occasions. He also decided to dribble the ball in his own penalty area more than once when he could have just cleared the danger immediately.

Whoscored CAN be a great tool but I feel like way too many people put too much weight on their ratings without watching the players themselves. 

NB: Not calling anyone out, just wanted to put my OPINION out there :)

3 minutes ago, nofoff said:

I said Kimpembe was awful (because I actually watched the PSG-Liverpool game and he had one of his worst games)

I'm with @Floodstreet2017 on this. Just because Whoscored gave a player a 6+ rating really has very little bearing on how well they actually played.

Their formula is completely stat based and doesn't take into account a number of key things. To use yesterdays game as an example Kimpembe might have played 20 successful passes (hypothetically speaking) back to his GK meaning Whoscored thinks his passing was great. (Mustafi last season is another example of how deceiving WS can be, especially for defenders)

However it completely ignores the fact that Thiago Silva came to his rescue at least 6 times and he that was caught out of position on multiple occasions. He also decided to dribble the ball in his own penalty area more than once when he could have just cleared the danger immediately.

Whoscored CAN be a great tool but I feel like way too many people put too much weight on their ratings without watching the players themselves. 

He gave the ball away at least three times where Liverpool could have capitalised. Having now checked Who scored he actually got one of the lowest ratings for PSG so not sure if that’s something to brag about? 

12 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Watching the football is always more credible than looking up stats, I understand with a game like SM stats are a major thing but a lot these guys giving opinions on players they haven't even watched play. In other words blind leading the blind

8 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

Watching the football is always more credible than looking up stats, I understand with a game like SM stats are a major thing but a lot these guys giving opinions on players they haven't even watched play. In other words blind leading the blind

Couldn't agree more mate. That's why I don't answer half the questions on here. They are either too obvious to answer, have already been asked 1000 times, or I don't know a player well enough to comment. No point giving an opinion if you've just checked on transfermarkt/whoscored

34 minutes ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

Two goals over last season and this season against a top team in France.

1 versus PSG last season

1 against Lyon this season.

Regularly disappears against the big teams then pops up against Amiens, Caen etc not sure why he should get a 92?

Very generous from SM if he does. 

I don’t really see why who he scored against really matters. Surely his 22 league goals last season gained many important points for Marseille regardless of the opponent?

Even the higher calibur players have quiet games.

Hazard was almost invisible against Spurs at the weekend for example. 

51 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Pfiuuu :)

28 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Couldn't agree more mate. That's why I don't answer half the questions on here. They are either too obvious to answer, have already been asked 1000 times, or I don't know a player well enough to comment. No point giving an opinion if you've just checked on transfermarkt/whoscored

38 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

100% agreed...we are all on the same page...i see lot of football but i also use a lot transfermarkt and whoscored (powerful tools) ;)