Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

1 hour ago, Un Sandpiper said:

Is Goretzka worth persevering with? He seems to have stalled at Bayern, and I never saw him at Schalke so I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

Firstly I never understood why he chose Bayern with the midfield Bayern had. It's hard to see how get a rise soon but he is still 91 in sm and that's pretty good.

I have a question for you guys. Considering that manager points are accumulated like this:

3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw against weaker opposition

5 points for a win and 2 points for a draw against stronger opposition

My question is how is team strength evaluated here. I thought it was based on an average rating for top 18 players, but recently I've been seeing some weird stuff that contradicts that theory. Any help would be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Ruth Malosso said:

I have a question for you guys. Considering that manager points are accumulated like this:

3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw against weaker opposition

5 points for a win and 2 points for a draw against stronger opposition

My question is how is team strength evaluated here. I thought it was based on an average rating for top 18 players, but recently I've been seeing some weird stuff that contradicts that theory. Any help would be appreciated.

Manager points?

9 minutes ago, Cam Lucas said:

Manager points?

They are located in the History section of the gameworld under Best managers.

I would've asked someone from SM administration but I don't know where to find them these days.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, thorgan lesar said:

A question for everyone. :)

From wich country are you guys ? 

If you don't want to say that's no problem.

You already now but I'm Belgian, @1000dB too 

@TMCosta from Portugal. @Monolithic from Romania. The rest I don't know :)

From Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Started playing in 2009

56 minutes ago, Ruth Malosso said:

I would've asked someone from SM administration but I don't know where to find them these days.

I may be wrong here, so take with a pinch of salt. Im not sure if it even calculated like that anyway. Ive always thought it lined up more with Points per game, but counts cup and other ties points without counting the games. Example win 2 games in league and a cup tie 9 points, 2 games, 4.5 avg points. I have had teams which were outright best team in the league on ratings get over an average score of 3, which wouldnt be possible if i needed to beat a "better' side to get more than 3.

1 hour ago, thorgan lesar said:

Denis Zakaria 91+ potential ?

He isn't start player in Monchengladbach. 

He could move to Premier League in a medium level club like Everton, Leicester or West Ham.

90 level maximum.

2 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

Firstly I never understood why he chose Bayern with the midfield Bayern had. It's hard to see how get a rise soon but he is still 91 in sm and that's pretty good.

Thanks. I don't watch the Bundesliga much so I don't know how he's doing. I might sell to an external club, could do with the funds.

1 hour ago, Ruth Malosso said:

58 minutes ago, Cam Lucas said:

I may be wrong here, so take with a pinch of salt. Im not sure if it even calculated like that anyway. Ive always thought it lined up more with Points per game, but counts cup and other ties points without counting the games. Example win 2 games in league and a cup tie 9 points, 2 games, 4.5 avg points. I have had teams which were outright best team in the league on ratings get over an average score of 3, which wouldnt be possible if i needed to beat a "better' side to get more than 3.

I've always found them worthless anyway, because usually whoever has played the most games is higher up, so if someone's been in the GW longer they'll be above you. Also, it favours gold managers because they get extra games with the SMFA competitions. So it's not really a barometer of anything useful.

This is what SM say about it: 

"Manager Points

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:"

4 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Ki-Jana Hoever worth buying ?

Rank Timo Werner, Luka Jovic and Maxi Gomez please. Want to sell someone (probably Jovic or Gomez) 

Of course! Well, as long as you can stand the inevitable rubbish smell that accompanies any Liverpool player then go for it! 

I generally avoid Liverpool players, they stunk up the dressing rooms 😉😉

11 hours ago, Krooss25 said:

Is giving Lozano worth 20million at this point been offered him and not sure what to do ? 

Go for it. Continually linked with bigger clubs too, so could move in the summer. 

9 hours ago, jlammy said:

Pjanic or Thiago?

Pjanic

5 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Ki-Jana Hoever worth buying ?

Rank Timo Werner, Luka Jovic and Maxi Gomez please. Want to sell someone (probably Jovic or Gomez) 

He's clearly highly thought of. I've only seen him play once (just the other day) so I'm no expert, but usually making your debut for a big club at such a young age leads to a rating and/or value increase come the next review. 

Close call, maybe sell Gomez if you have to get rid of one. 

4 hours ago, Un Sandpiper said:

Is Goretzka worth persevering with? He seems to have stalled at Bayern, and I never saw him at Schalke so I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

He's been starting most games recently. I'd keep hold of him for the rest of the season at least and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Denis Zakaria 91+ potential ?

Hmm. Not 91+ potential with the way things are going. Only 22 so that can change, but it would be a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Kev said:

I've always found them worthless anyway, because usually whoever has played the most games is higher up, so if someone's been in the GW longer they'll be above you. Also, it favours gold managers because they get extra games with the SMFA competitions. So it's not really a barometer of anything useful.

This is what SM say about it: 

"Manager Points

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:"

Hie is talking about two different things then. MP is only for like the GOAT awards, the overview/best managers tab in a GW works how i said.

MP is used for this type of thing

Click Best Managers

2 minutes ago, Cam Lucas said:

Hie is talking about two different things then. MP is only for like the GOAT awards, the overview/best managers tab in a GW works how i said.

MP is used for this type of thing

Click Best Managers

Ah right. I was thinking of the 'best manager' lists you get in each GW.

I'd actually forgotten about the overall points thing you mentioned. Is there a way to find out your points rather than searching through a million players?

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Ah right. I was thinking of the 'best manager' lists you get in each GW.

I'd actually forgotten about the overall points thing you mentioned. Is there a way to find out your points rather than searching through a million players?

Ive never sen a way, which is why i long since almost forgot about these. They really are worthless unless you are one of the people near the top. Maybe SM could put a way to see them for your club,

15 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

We have 1 continent left where is no one from on this forum :)

... America 

I missed, who is from Oceania and Africa? 

Anyway with people from all over the world we can restore the topics about the single nations!
Belgium and Portugal are already active (thanks to you and TM)

I can give opinion about Italy, maybe also @Marek that is more expert can help

I saw there are people from UK and also a Spanish.

26 minutes ago, zsp2 said:

Anyway with people from all over the world we can restore the topics about the single nations!

1 from Oceania (our moderator :) Cam Lucas)

1 from Africa @!¡BµKa🔑 from Nigeria 

And after I said that

1 from South America @JrBaiano from Brazil.

It's up to them if they want or not.

2 hours ago, zsp2 said:

Portuguese/Angolan living in London, anything premier league I'm your go to guy

Joined in 2008 nearly 11 years in this game

Edited by Cvilhete