Rahul W's rating predictions

11 hours ago, KERSPALT! said:

Arsenal got smashed

SM laying down the Smackdown on Arsenal. 

I think a -1 would have been more reasonable for some of the Arsenal players who dropped, as Arsenal did do very well in the EL, as did many English teams in Europe as whole this season like Yucky mentioned in the previous post. ☝️

• Replies 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

I tried to stay out of this but can you back the highlighted part?

Like I said in my original post, Digne has been competing with top leftbacks across Europe, I'm not saying he's better than any of them. 1 season doesn't make someone better :)

I don't think Digne is better than Robertson and feel the comparison is unfair as Digne is a fullback, Robertson is a wingback. Saying that Digne has insane offensive stats for someone who's been trying to create for an awful attack. Defensively Digne obviously beats Robertson as that's his main job. 

I couldn't find a good way to compare Digne to the other leagues on my phone, might try again later on my laptop. 

First and third screenshots are Digne, second and fourth are Robertson

Screenshot_20190619-174327.thumb.jpg.042b28ce75279cdac2e4734d27f3bcb2.jpgScreenshot_20190619-174606.thumb.jpg.a747b916688a2481674c3177df6ff0f7.jpgScreenshot_20190619-174341.thumb.jpg.c2aa4493c17bdf20ecbf80a76a9f3b96.jpgScreenshot_20190619-174628.thumb.jpg.cf2e45c2d8cf8328da099fa2737d7177.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-174621.jpg

1 hour ago, RobboEFC said:

None were standout performers? Digne for the whole season was competing with the best left backs in Europe let alone the prem, Shaw was Uniteds best player yet because of how he looks physically not many people pay attention to that

Your comments on Ndidi and Gueye are also a bit off, gueyes been competing with Kante for best defensive mid in the prem for over 3 years now and Ndidi has had 2 brilliant seasons yet neither have done enough to warrant a boost to 90? 😉

All I’ll say is LOL I’m not going to argue with a fella with EFC at the end his name, Digne competing with the best left backs in Europe? Shaw Utds best player and Gueye has been competing with Kante for three years must be discussing a different Kante, I think it’s time to take off those Everton tinted glasses and start watching actual football outside of your favourite team, I’ve seen some serious bias in my time on this forum but this definitely up there! 

55 minutes ago, !¡BµKa🔑 said:

I received a bid for Pjanic for a fee of 40m + Saul.

Should i accept it?

I wouldn’t as Saul may get a rise at these ratings (50/50). Pjanic has peaked. Plus big age gap. 

34 minutes ago, WeAreBlades98 said:

Bonucci for max cash and Sule?

Short term Bonucci

Long term Sule + Cash

If Sule has got the rise he deserved it would have been him in both cases

1 hour ago, !¡BµKa🔑 said:

I received a bid for Pjanic for a fee of 40m + Saul.

Should i accept it?

I would keep Pjanic for now, if Saul gets +1 in the next week or two then try to deal again for 20M + Saul. 

45 minutes ago, WeAreBlades98 said:

Bonucci for max cash and Sule?

I completely agree with AlfonDaddy, here. 

47 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

@RobboEFC I will wait for you to get back home and use your laptop. You said "competing with top left backs across Europe" and only gave Robertson as an example. 

And in your next reply can you start with your league position and how much you spend please?

Thank you!

How does league position and money a teams spent determine a players quality? 🤔

1 hour ago, Cvilhete said:

All I’ll say is LOL I’m not going to argue with a fella with EFC at the end his name, Digne competing with the best left backs in Europe? Shaw Utds best player and Gueye has been competing with Kante for three years must be discussing a different Kante, I think it’s time to take off those Everton tinted glasses and start watching actual football outside of your favourite team, I’ve seen some serious bias in my time on this forum but this definitely up there! 

I've proven multiple times on this thread I'm not biased...? Shaw was voted Uniteds player of the season, Gueye has had stats up there with Kante for 3+ years, the fact you don't know that yet want to tell someone to watch actual football says alot about you man. How about disproving everything I've said with your superior football knowledge? 🙃🤔

38 minutes ago, RobboEFC said:

I've proven multiple times on this thread I'm not biased...? Shaw was voted Uniteds player of the season, Gueye has had stats up there with Kante for 3+ years, the fact you don't know that yet want to tell someone to watch actual football says alot about you man. How about disproving everything I've said with your superior football knowledge? 🙃🤔

So league position doesn't have a say but a player getting voted by fans somehow makes your argument? 

Well I have realised I am wasting my time here (I still see no stats to back your claim). 

A club that finished 5th and runners up in Europa had their LB given a -1 to 89. And I would like to end my argument with that.

Pickford should get +2, he saved penalties for England and got voted the best player in his family by his family.

41 minutes ago, RobboEFC said:

Come off it, even with Kante's recent form he's still miles ahead. Miles.

1 hour ago, RobboEFC said:

Every time you respond you literally do the job for me, you’re actually here trying to compare Digne with Robertson and then you have the audacity to compare Gueye to Kante because of stats a simple eye test will tell you these players are world apart, Shaw being voted Utds best player doesn’t hold any value as most of the time those are popularity contests, the same way Pogba was the only Man Utd player voted in the team of the year but not voted as Utds best player hmm... let’s not even go into the fact Pogba didn’t even deserve that spot over other midfielders but I guess his inclusion means he was one of the two best midfielders on the league wouldn’t you agree

4 hours ago, RobboEFC said:

Like I said in my original post, Digne has been competing with top leftbacks across Europe, I'm not saying he's better than any of them. 1 season doesn't make someone better :)

I don't think Digne is better than Robertson and feel the comparison is unfair as Digne is a fullback, Robertson is a wingback. Saying that Digne has insane offensive stats for someone who's been trying to create for an awful attack. Defensively Digne obviously beats Robertson as that's his main job. 

I couldn't find a good way to compare Digne to the other leagues on my phone, might try again later on my laptop. 

First and third screenshots are Digne, second and fourth are Robertson

Screenshot_20190619-174327.thumb.jpg.042b28ce75279cdac2e4734d27f3bcb2.jpgScreenshot_20190619-174606.thumb.jpg.a747b916688a2481674c3177df6ff0f7.jpgScreenshot_20190619-174341.thumb.jpg.c2aa4493c17bdf20ecbf80a76a9f3b96.jpgScreenshot_20190619-174628.thumb.jpg.cf2e45c2d8cf8328da099fa2737d7177.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-174621.jpg

How is Digne a fullback and Robertson is a wing back? If anything Everton played 3 CB at the back with wing backs more than Everton did last season

EDIT: BTW, I agree with your point about Digne, he should have rose, hes had a brilliant season 

On 6/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, RobboEFC said:

None were standout performers? Digne for the whole season was competing with the best left backs in Europe let alone the prem, Shaw was Uniteds best player yet because of how he looks physically not many people pay attention to that

Your comments on Ndidi and Gueye are also a bit off, gueyes been competing with Kante for best defensive mid in the prem for over 3 years now and Ndidi has had 2 brilliant seasons yet neither have done enough to warrant a boost to 90? 😉

I agree with you, in that Digne should have got a +1 along with L. Shaw. 

The Arsenal full back should not have dropped -1, that was just plain wrong as he has played well this season. That could be why they didn't give a +1 to Shaw or Digne as it would have made SM look even more silly. 

I think you are wrong in comparing Ndidi and Gueyes to Kante, sure they both should be rated 90 already, but overall they are far from Kante. 

1 hour ago, Middle_Finger said:

So league position doesn't have a say but a player getting voted by fans somehow makes your argument? 

Well I have realised I am wasting my time here (I still see no stats to back your claim). 

A club that finished 5th and runners up in Europa had their LB given a -1 to 89. And I would like to end my argument with that.

Pickford should get +2, he saved penalties for England and got voted the best player in his family by his family.

He won both end of season awards + 3 player of the month awards. For the end of season 1 was player voted and 1 fan voted. I get your logic but there's popularity contests then a player winning awards because he's genuinely been their best player of the season. Watch enough United games and you'll see that players hyped up (Rashford, etc) are overrated while Shaw has shown he's 1 of the only gems in a poor season for them

1 hour ago, KERSPALT! said:

Come off it, even with Kante's recent form he's still miles ahead. Miles.

Never once have I said Gueye is better or equal to him? Saying he's up there with him based on stats is me literally saying he has defensive stats better or similar to kante, I can't bs stats...? Saying he's challenging kante for best defensive mid like I did in the thread is like saying Immobile either last year or the year before was challenging Ronaldo and Messi for best scorer in Europe because he was up there based on goals. If Gueye could do as well on the ball as he could off it would definitely put him up there as top 3 cdms in the prem. 

Every time you respond you literally do the job for me, you’re actually here trying to compare Digne with Robertson and then you have the audacity to compare Gueye to Kante because of stats a simple eye test will tell you these players are world apart, Shaw being voted Utds best player doesn’t hold any value as most of the time those are popularity contests, the same way Pogba was the only Man Utd player voted in the team of the year but not voted as Utds best player hmm... let’s not even go into the fact Pogba didn’t even deserve that spot over other midfielders but I guess his inclusion means he was one of the two best midfielders on the league wouldn’t you agree

A lot of people ‘watch’ football not everybody ‘sees’ the game 

So what you're saying is you don't watch or see United or Everton games hmm? 😉 Pogba definitely did not deserve team of the season, Hazard should've gotten in. Like I said above I get the popularity content thing but Shaw winning 5 awards total this season was not because of that

37 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

How is Digne a fullback and Robertson is a wing back? If anything Everton played 3 CB at the back with wing backs more than Everton did last season

Everton did use 3 back which was largely down to Coleman struggling at the start but for at least 75% of our games we used a 4 defence of Digne, Keane, Zouma, Coleman. Digne is a fullback because he doesn't do the overlapping runs almost every attack like Robertson and Trent do for Liverpool

20 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I agree with you, in that Digne should have got a +1 along with L. Shaw. 

The Arsenal full back should not have dropped -1, that was just plain wrong as he has played well this season. 

I think you are wrong in comparing Ndidi and Gueyes to Kante, sure they both should be rated 90 already, but overall they are far from Kante. 

Thank you, finally someone who agrees about the ratings 😅 and yeah Arsenal ratings were harsh

6 hours ago, RobboEFC said:

He won both end of season awards + 3 player of the month awards. For the end of season 1 was player voted and 1 fan voted. I get your logic but there's popularity contests then a player winning awards because he's genuinely been their best player of the season. Watch enough United games and you'll see that players hyped up (Rashford, etc) are overrated while Shaw has shown he's 1 of the only gems in a poor season for them

Never once have I said Gueye is better or equal to him? Saying he's up there with him based on stats is me literally saying he has defensive stats better or similar to kante, I can't bs stats...? Saying he's challenging kante for best defensive mid like I did in the thread is like saying Immobile either last year or the year before was challenging Ronaldo and Messi for best scorer in Europe because he was up there based on goals. If Gueye could do as well on the ball as he could off it would definitely put him up there as top 3 cdms in the prem. 

So what you're saying is you don't watch or see United or Everton games hmm? 😉 Pogba definitely did not deserve team of the season, Hazard should've gotten in. Like I said above I get the popularity content thing but Shaw winning 5 awards total this season was not because of that

Everton did use 3 back which was largely down to Coleman struggling at the start but for at least 75% of our games we used a 4 defence of Digne, Keane, Zouma, Coleman. Digne is a fullback because he doesn't do the overlapping runs almost every attack like Robertson and Trent do for Liverpool

Holy cow who am I talking to? League position shouldn't have any bearings in ratings? But winning some internal award counts? 

You must be a real football person. You know how I know that coz LFC and Neverton both played 4 at the back and coz the real Robo and Trent overlap all the time they are wing backs. I bow to you sir. Sir, I have a question for you though how did Europe's best LB Digne get 4 or whatever the number assists?