Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

1 hour ago, Atkin92 said:

Aleksandr Golovin or Leon Bailey?

Lewis Dunk or Jamaal Lascelles?

I would choose Leon Bailey: He has performed the better this season. In Golovin's defence, as he mentioned, he did struggle with the speed and the physical side of the game in France, although I still don't think he adapted to it well enough. 

Lewis Dunk was very important for Brighton, now he is being heavily linked to Leicester City. If L.D moves to L.C then certainly pick him, but I would wait till the T.W closes. 

So I've taken over a team in a somewhat competitive gameworld, and have a few options available to buy.

I'd appreciate any input on ratings for these 4 players who I've shortlisted:

COURTOIS - 93 currently. Only other 93+ GKs available are Neuer and De Gea. Courtois still a possibility to rise, if he cements his position as #1 in Madrid and they have a better season?

Eden HAZARD, GRIEZMANN and DE BRUYNE - all 95 currently. Hazard and Griezmann at new, bigger clubs this season, and KDB coming back from an injury-plagued season. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Diego Costa or Alvaro Morata ?

Is this even a serious question? Atletico want rid of Costa. Well known. They like what Morata brings to the club and he played fairly well once back in Spain. Hence, why they have already agreed to purchase following this season's loan. So, it is Morata and it's not even a discussion.

4 hours ago, ombarcagunners said:

Bennacer should get +1 for being Man of the Competition of Africa Cup of Nations!

Definitely a good performance over the tournament. Does not warrant an increase. Keep an eye on him though. May increase interest from other clubs missing out on their primary targets this summer.

P. S. Just another example of Arsenal not keeping the right players and/or giving them an opportunity to progress into the 1st team.

1 hour ago, jimmy grimble said:

So I've taken over a team in a somewhat competitive gameworld, and have a few options available to buy.

I'd appreciate any input on ratings for these 4 players who I've shortlisted:

COURTOIS - 93 currently. Only other 93+ GKs available are Neuer and De Gea. Courtois still a possibility to rise, if he cements his position as #1 in Madrid and they have a better season?

Eden HAZARD, GRIEZMANN and DE BRUYNE - all 95 currently. Hazard and Griezmann at new, bigger clubs this season, and KDB coming back from an injury-plagued season. Any thoughts?

How competitive a game world can it be if Courtois, Neuer, De Gea, Hazard, Griezmann and De Bruyne are all available? Anyway, De Gea and De Bruyne are who to sign IMHO. Perhaps Hazard or Griemann if you are in need of a CF instead of a CM.

1 hour ago, ahatter1 said:

Looking for the best young left back with long-term potential from these three:

Lucas Hernandez, Bayern

Alessio Romagnoli, Milan

Aymeric Laporte, Man city

Thanks, gentlemen!

Lucas Hernandez is the only one who was a true LB last season as Laporte and Romagnoli are primarily CBs. In fact, I don't recall Romagnoli playing LB at all last season unless the left side of a back 3. And Laporte played LB only if every other LB was essentially unavailable, so it was rare.

35 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

How competitive a game world can it be if Courtois, Neuer, De Gea, Hazard, Griezmann and De Bruyne are all available? Anyway, De Gea and De Bruyne are who to sign IMHO. Perhaps Hazard or Griemann if you are in need of a CF instead of a CM.

Thanks for your reply, mate. Yeah it certainly isn’t the most competitive game world.

You sure about De Gea? I would have thought he is due for a decrease given his and United’s struggles of late? His form for Spain hasn’t been great either imo? 

43 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Lucas Hernandez is the only one who was a true LB last season as Laporte and Romagnoli are primarily CBs. In fact, I don't recall Romagnoli playing LB at all last season unless the left side of a back 3. And Laporte played LB only if every other LB was essentially unavailable, so it was rare.

You are right, but I use players as SM has them listed by position, not as in real life. In this case, all three can play left back in the game engine, and that is where I would like to play one of them.

16 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

You are right, but I use players as SM has them listed by position, not as in real life. In this case, all three can play left back in the game engine, and that is where I would like to play one of them.

I would go with L.Hernandez as your LB. I believe the other 2 are more at risk of losing their LB position. Although if Bayern play L.Hernandez at LCB then he could have the same problem-risk as them.

33 minutes ago, jimmy grimble said:

Thanks for your reply, mate. Yeah it certainly isn’t the most competitive game world.

You sure about De Gea? I would have thought he is due for a decrease given his and United’s struggles of late? His form for Spain hasn’t been great either imo? 

I think if MU have a great start to the season with De Gea improving his form, then i don't see him being at risk of dropping in the winter review. Although i think T.Courtois is the safer option (will probably cost less to).

23 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

It would be better if you use players with D,DM(R/L) players for full back positions unless you're looking for a less attacking defence line. And I'd also suggest Lucas, as he plays as a left back for France.

45 minutes ago, jimmy grimble said:

He has been less than sharp with Spain, but absent a late season pair of errors, had a very strong season with ManU. In fact, Courtois was very poor with Madrid last season and plenty feel Navas should be kept as the starter there. As for Neuer, he has definitely taken a step back with his injuries as well. All are top GKs, but De Gea is the highest rated right now and the most likely to stay there of the three.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Howe said:

It would be better if you use players with D,DM(R/L) players for full back positions unless you're looking for a less attacking defence line. And I'd also suggest Lucas, as he plays as a left back for France.

Sadly, that's not how the game engine works (although it would be far more interesting if it did!) Arrows and formation will determine attacking capability of a given position - like a fullback. As far as SM is concerned, a left back is a left back is a left back ... The other positions they may be eligible for have no bearing once the tactics and line-up are set and the engine revs up.

I'll give Lucas a closer look. Thanks for that! Cheers

36 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

Right. I do the same of course. My point though is that if you are looking for the long-term, both Laporte and Romagnoli could lose the ability to play LB, similar to how Koulibaly can no longer play RB after having that capability for what feels like years. Now, he is a CB only.

23 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I would go with L.Hernandez as your LB. I believe the other 2 are more at risk of losing their LB position. Although if Bayern play L.Hernandez at LCB then he could have the same problem-risk as them.

Hernandez was signed to play both CB and LB by Bayern not too dissimilar from Alaba though Alaba also plays in the midfield like Kimmich at times, who can also play CB. Hernandez does play LB for France as well. Really, Bayern is known for moving players all over to fit the needs of the day. haha

3 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Right. I do the same of course. My point though is that if you are looking for the long-term, both Laporte and Romagnoli could lose the ability to play LB, similar to how Koulibaly can no longer play RB after having that capability for what feels like years. Now, he is a CB only.

Ah, got it. Good advice. I would hate to spring for a $30+ player and have him ineligible for the position I want him in. Thanks again, I will give this some more thought

20 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I think if MU have a great start to the season with De Gea improving his form, then i don't see him being at risk of dropping in the winter review. Although i think T.Courtois is the safer option (will probably cost less to).

Let's not equate De Gea's form with country to his form with club. He was VERY GOOD for ManU last season as a whole with an avg. match rating of 6.52 for the season. This is right in line with his previous seasons as a whole.