Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

45 minutes ago, jimmy grimble said:

Thanks for your reply, mate. Yeah it certainly isn’t the most competitive game world.

You sure about De Gea? I would have thought he is due for a decrease given his and United’s struggles of late? His form for Spain hasn’t been great either imo? 

He has been less than sharp with Spain, but absent a late season pair of errors, had a very strong season with ManU. In fact, Courtois was very poor with Madrid last season and plenty feel Navas should be kept as the starter there. As for Neuer, he has definitely taken a step back with his injuries as well. All are top GKs, but De Gea is the highest rated right now and the most likely to stay there of the three.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Howe said:

It would be better if you use players with D,DM(R/L) players for full back positions unless you're looking for a less attacking defence line. And I'd also suggest Lucas, as he plays as a left back for France.

Sadly, that's not how the game engine works (although it would be far more interesting if it did!) Arrows and formation will determine attacking capability of a given position - like a fullback. As far as SM is concerned, a left back is a left back is a left back ... The other positions they may be eligible for have no bearing once the tactics and line-up are set and the engine revs up.

I'll give Lucas a closer look. Thanks for that! Cheers

36 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

You are right, but I use players as SM has them listed by position, not as in real life. In this case, all three can play left back in the game engine, and that is where I would like to play one of them.

Right. I do the same of course. My point though is that if you are looking for the long-term, both Laporte and Romagnoli could lose the ability to play LB, similar to how Koulibaly can no longer play RB after having that capability for what feels like years. Now, he is a CB only.

23 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I would go with L.Hernandez as your LB. I believe the other 2 are more at risk of losing their LB position. Although if Bayern play L.Hernandez at LCB then he could have the same problem-risk as them.

Hernandez was signed to play both CB and LB by Bayern not too dissimilar from Alaba though Alaba also plays in the midfield like Kimmich at times, who can also play CB. Hernandez does play LB for France as well. Really, Bayern is known for moving players all over to fit the needs of the day. haha

3 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Right. I do the same of course. My point though is that if you are looking for the long-term, both Laporte and Romagnoli could lose the ability to play LB, similar to how Koulibaly can no longer play RB after having that capability for what feels like years. Now, he is a CB only.

Ah, got it. Good advice. I would hate to spring for a $30+ player and have him ineligible for the position I want him in. Thanks again, I will give this some more thought

20 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I think if MU have a great start to the season with De Gea improving his form, then i don't see him being at risk of dropping in the winter review. Although i think T.Courtois is the safer option (will probably cost less to).

Let's not equate De Gea's form with country to his form with club. He was VERY GOOD for ManU last season as a whole with an avg. match rating of 6.52 for the season. This is right in line with his previous seasons as a whole.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Howe said:

Looking for suggestions on young F(C), who are likely to get good first team minutes and a rise to 90 or more by the next update.

Diogo Jota. Tough situation though as there are so few true F(C) any more. But Jota is the best bet to go from his current 88 to a 90 for those 22 and under who are not already a 90 or higher. Oh, Lautaro Martinez as well, of course. Anything 87 or lower will almost definitely not get a 90 in one rating update.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, Milanista1 said:

https://forum.soccermanager.com/forum/1443-tactical-help/

Here is a link.

i'm not sure if it will be of much help. If it doesn't help,  just send me a personal message and I will try to advise you best I can. 

I'm no expert, but I have read some expert guides, and only recently beat a team with a 95 ratings average (my team average is 93)

This came after testing and trying different tactics which meant losing games to it, before I finally beat it again. 😁(he changes formation every season).

Thanks bro!.

I'll get back to you soon with details of matches I'll test it with,

2 hours ago, Matthaios96 said:

Anyone think a straight swap of Mahrez for Bale is a good one? I know Bale is highly rated and will probably only go down from here, but just wondering if Mahrez has reached his peak yet?

I would wait to see if Bale moves to a top club first as RM will surely sell him, then do the swap. I think Bale is a player who can stay stable or even rise with a very good season at a top club behind him. 

11 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I would wait to see if Bale moves to a top club first as RM will surely sell him, then do the swap. I think Bale is a player who can stay stable or even rise with a very good season at a top club behind him. 

That’s what I thought too, also they’re not that far age-wise and doesn’t seem likely that Mahrez will break the 91 barrier so it seems like a good deal. Because I’m the Man City manager, and don’t need any more attacking players what’s your thought of maybe asking for Militao + maybe someone like Brahim Diaz?

36 minutes ago, Matthaios96 said:

That’s what I thought too, also they’re not that far age-wise and doesn’t seem likely that Mahrez will break the 91 barrier so it seems like a good deal. Because I’m the Man City manager, and don’t need any more attacking players what’s your thought of maybe asking for Militao + maybe someone like Brahim Diaz?

If u really require another CB and a youngish winger player then go for it, but remember those 2 are yet to really to hit it off at RM, so who knows how they will turn out to be. 

Good day. 

5 hours ago, Matthaios96 said:

Anyone think a straight swap of Mahrez for Bale is a good one? I know Bale is highly rated and will probably only go down from here, but just wondering if Mahrez has reached his peak yet?

No. Mahrez has most likely peaked given his age and playing time at Man City, but he'll also keep his rating for a long time. Bale is a straight decliner as long as he prefers to sit the bench at Madrid instead of taking a pay cut and actually playing somewhere else.

3 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

Respectfully, we totally disagree. Bale can remain stable if he moves and plays. He will never get a rating rise again. No chance at all. And given his stance about moving, there is actually a chance he essentially done as a player.

3 hours ago, Matthaios96 said:

I would take the MIlitao option in a heartbeat. Top young CB with ability to play RB as well. Best future by far of the three. And defenders are much more difficult to find than wings.

1 hour ago, orango69 said:

after how long you MUST to receive a bid for players in transfer list? taking long time now without any offer and is impeding me to develop my team. thank you all. 

Depending on how many players you have listed, bids usually start within a week at the most IF the playing season is happening. If you are in the pre-season period or post-season period, bids tend to dry up until the counting matches start again.

10 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

I think if MU have a great start to the season with De Gea improving his form, then i don't see him being at risk of dropping in the winter review. Although i think T.Courtois is the safer option (will probably cost less to).

Thanks mate. This is pretty much what I was thinking, given Courtois costs about 15 mill less than De Gea, and United being unpredictable and without Champions League football. 

Both are less than ideal options though IMO. I would have preferred one of Ederson, Allison, Oblak or Ter Stegen.

Any other lower rated GKs you can think of, who may hit a high ceiling in coming months?

9 hours ago, tryn2rtr said:

He has been less than sharp with Spain, but absent a late season pair of errors, had a very strong season with ManU. In fact, Courtois was very poor with Madrid last season and plenty feel Navas should be kept as the starter there. As for Neuer, he has definitely taken a step back with his injuries as well. All are top GKs, but De Gea is the highest rated right now and the most likely to stay there of the three.

Thanks again for your perspective. I’m honestly not too keen on either, given De Gea is far more costly and United not inspiring much confidence right now. Quite a thin market out there for GKs in general I guess.