• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Islelovesoccer said:

If any new leagues are starting with a draft to spread out the talent & have a squad cap - let me know as I’d be interested in joining. 

Most league are rubbish as teams either hoard 100s of players or a few teams just get all the best players to start with so the leagues are unbalanced & rubbish right from the start. 

a spot in a gw just became available not new but season 3 about to start 30 squad cap, current max rating is 86 but ratings increase every season. very competitive too http://www.carpediem2.win/carpe-diem-3/

It’ll be interesting to see what they give to Foden?  

9 goals in 50 appearances for City.  I was shocked he’d appeared that many times and that would be an exceptional strike rate for any midfielder but even more so when the majority of those appearances have been ‘bit parts’ as a substitute!?!  

Got to be 87 this review?  

City are out of the running for the league so hopefully they’ll start notching his minutes up ready to transition for next season without David Silva so could be an 89 at the end of the season if that happens?  

On 12/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, Soccahappy said:

Thanks for that, he would have been -10.2% my error☹️

Must be a tomorrow, even SM couldn't make such a large error 

Firmino no question at all for me. Timo is good but still learning.....while...Firmino is getting better and better and better!

Leipzig Review upload...

Revw-Leipz1.png

0% line pretty close to spot-on I'd say. More uploads coming later today (Premiership). Back into working mode...

So Sabitzer. No rise?   Atrocious SM review. 

So, I’ve been watching some old footage and getting ed on cider.  

I’m interested in your thoughts on how you’d apply a rating to someone retrospectively?  

The first game I ever attended was Oldham vs Southampton.  Quite a famous game, we won 4-3 and stayed in the Premier League.  

That day saw the first Premier League hat-trick for Matt Le Tissier.  

Ok, he’s well respected and is a kind of ‘cult-hero’ figure but was vastly under-rated, he only got 8 England Caps!  Carlton Palmer got 18 FFS and he was dog.

So, how would you rate Le Tissier?  Would you adhere to a squad cap?  Adhere to it?  Mark him down for not going to a big club?  I’ll give my thoughts on that at a later date...

Also, who is the most comparable player to him now and why?  Again, I’ll give my thoughts at a later date...

8 hours ago, dutza90 said:

I ve got a bid accepted for Nathaniel Phillips ( recently called back from loan by Liverpool ). Is somebody much into Liverpool? Is he worth it? On the paper looks good as they have many injuries, he might find some space.... 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has suggested the club have only recalled English centre-back Nat Phillips, 22, from his loan at German side Stuttgart on a temporary basis.

6 hours ago, Sareum said:

It’ll be interesting to see what they give to Foden?  

9 goals in 50 appearances for City.  I was shocked he’d appeared that many times and that would be an exceptional strike rate for any midfielder but even more so when the majority of those appearances have been ‘bit parts’ as a substitute!?!  

Got to be 87 this review?  

City are out of the running for the league so hopefully they’ll start notching his minutes up ready to transition for next season without David Silva so could be an 89 at the end of the season if that happens?  

I can be wrong but I dont think that Pep do has so much confidence on him, not now. He didn't play against Liv and Utd, for example.

But there's a hype on him, so... That's hard to discuss, I bet 88 at the end of next season.

18 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

I hear Kangin Lee hasn't the best mentality, but is he still worth keeping ?

Still young, I will keep him for a while

14 hours ago, koplfc said:

Asensio and Kyle Walker for Frenkie de Jong??

FDJ for me

14 hours ago, dutza90 said:

I ve got a bid accepted for Nathaniel Phillips ( recently called back from loan by Liverpool ). Is somebody much into Liverpool? Is he worth it? On the paper looks good as they have many injuries, he might find some space.... 

Not sure he will get many minutes in EPL, maybe in FA cup. Klopp can use milner / henderson as CB in urgency and there are other options (hoever and van den berg). But I will keep him for this moment, his price won't add much money to your cash

7 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

@Milanista1 or others...

1. Can you make an analyse of Wolverhampton ? Doing really well all this season and I actually don't follow them enough. Who are the better players and who are "must buys" ?... Thanks.

2. Kangin Lee hasn't the best mentality, but is he still worth keeping ?

3. Brandt or Gnabry ? 

1. Adama traore. Pretty sure his rating will increase

3. Gnabry for me

1 hour ago, liamgriff said:

Vardy +1? The only thing that might stop him getting a rise is his age, but surely he deserves it? 

According to us, he deserves it. Not sure from SM point of view, maybe if he wins carabao cup

35 minutes ago, JAMancini said:

I don't understand in this review:

1. Sczcczcsczcczney and Handanovic get 92. However, Keylor Navas 91.

2. Brozovic gets 92 and Nicolo Barella still 90.

3. Pavard doesn't get +1.

Agree. It confused me too as much as your "Sczcczcsczcczney" confused me

1 hour ago, nivea said:

1. Godin or chiellini

2. Fabian Ruiz or Julian Weigl + Lucas Torreira

1. I heard Godin might return back to Spain, I would choose him, you don't know how Chiellini will be like after his long-term injury.. with De Ligt and Bonucci and now Demiral looking amazing when given a chance, They have Cristian Romero out on loan too, So it will be hard for him to make his way back into the team, too much uncertainty imo. So I prefer Godin.

2. If the duo makes it to your starting 11 in-game, Then maybe I would consider them, otherwise Ruiz is clear, although it might be worth waiting to see how Torreira does under Arteta.

14 hours ago, Sareum said:

So, I’ve been watching some old footage and getting ed on cider.  

I’m interested in your thoughts on how you’d apply a rating to someone retrospectively?  

The first game I ever attended was Oldham vs Southampton.  Quite a famous game, we won 4-3 and stayed in the Premier League.  

That day saw the first Premier League hat-trick for Matt Le Tissier.  

Ok, he’s well respected and is a kind of ‘cult-hero’ figure but was vastly under-rated, he only got 8 England Caps!  Carlton Palmer got 18 FFS and he was dog.

So, how would you rate Le Tissier?  Would you adhere to a squad cap?  Adhere to it?  Mark him down for not going to a big club?  I’ll give my thoughts on that at a later date...

Also, who is the most comparable player to him now and why?  Again, I’ll give my thoughts at a later date...

Le Tissier was a maverick. Definitely a luxury player. Could provide brilliance & kept Southampton up, time & time again. But didn’t work hard, did nothing at International level & I wouldn’t say he was any better than someone like Merson around the same time (probably worse). 

I’d say Zaha is most comparable in the sense he’s a big fish in a small pond at Palace, is a maverick but has already failed at a big club - not sure he’d be worth the risk for one again given what he’d cost.