Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

Is there any way for me to help SM review players? Because seriously, they could use some god damn help.

This forum would be pretty dead without ratings discussion. The cynic in me would say they intentionally rubbish up some ratings and drop the odd controversial grenade here and there to increase discussion and site traffic.

''The only thing worse than being talked about....is not being talked about''

1 hour ago, Ahmed said:

Any idea when the Colombian and USA changes will take place?

no idea

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

I even sold spinazzola that's how much faith i had in him rising, thought he an outside chance at best to get 88 and then he goes to 89 :eek:

1 hour ago, Dasylver said:

Thought spinazzola wouldn't rise and sold him days ago. What a loss

ikr, nonsense rise

31 minutes ago, Randolph Scott said:

Ac milan will be very interesting suso maybe might get a rise anyone think? 

and their keeper donnarumma maybe?

yep both should rise now

6 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Is there any way for me to help SM review players? Because seriously, they could use some god damn help.

Would kind of disagree with you. No offense but your predict lists only get a handful correct, and im speculating the ones in italics you didnt predict?

I can see Helander today being hard done by for sure, Falletti hasnt had a rise from his form last season at Ternana which got him the Bologna move,  But the Atalanta players deserved those rises on last season and tearing up Europa League this season

Papu Gomez is a top player and carries the side at times, he would be at a bigger club had Atalanta not kept offering him new contracts

Palomino, come in and impressed already - established in the first team

Why the surprise for Spinazzola? Played all the games once he was fit again and starting for Italy? Was always going to rise

They may have been soft on many clubs as there is no guessing how the rest of the season will turn out and Serie A mid table is always close fought, so id think holding back on the ratings until they see who shakes it up over the campaign that is left

Its not really glaringly wrong (as below lol) 

6 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

Who Now? Lol!!!!

But your efforts are much appreciated by many - kudos

39 minutes ago, -JMH- said:

Would kind of disagree with you. No offense but your predict lists only get a handful correct, and im speculating the ones in italics you didnt predict?

I can see Helander today being hard done by for sure, Falletti hasnt had a rise from his form last season at Ternana which got him the Bologna move,  But the Atalanta players deserved those rises on last season and tearing up Europa League this season

Papu Gomez is a top player and carries the side at times, he would be at a bigger club had Atalanta not kept offering him new contracts

Why the surprise for Spinazzola? Played all the games once he was fit again and starting for Italy? Was always going to rise

They may have been soft on many clubs as there is no guessing how the rest of the season will turn out and Serie A mid table is always close fought, so id think holding back on the ratings until they see who shakes it up over the campaign that is left

Well that is debatable and even if it were the case, that could be down to SM's many errors as much as it could any omissions by Rahul. 

Let's face it, the reviews of each of the 3 big leagues done so far have been massively inconsistent. Nobody could be blamed for not predicting, for example, Pellenard getting a lower rise than players who don't start every game for relegation threatened teams. That type of inconsistency has been happening all over the place.

2 hours ago, Monolithic said:

Well that is debatable and even if it were the case, that could be down to SM's many errors as much as it could any omissions by Rahul. 

Let's face it, the reviews of each of the 3 big leagues done so far have been massively inconsistent. Nobody could be blamed for not predicting, for example, Pellenard getting a lower rise than players who don't start every game for relegation threatened teams. That type of inconsistency has been happening all over the place.

Even so, its always a great debate. From my view, Pellenard was 77 in May, & has only accumulated 13 games since, so +1, +4 seems fair enough to 82, 83 would of been fair too, but the sake of a 1 point difference is it really a massive error. Gives optimism for another +4 should he hold down the LB spot. Off the top of my head, Mbengue getting 80 was a farce, but hopefully, like Akolo of Stuttgart, he gets a +5. 

But the inconsistencies are a handful really, then again i am a stickler for accuracy too so there's always bugging mistakes.

It doesnt ruin the gameplay for myself as much as i have seen some folks moaning around gameworld newsfeeds though :-D 

Hopefully they do another brief review around March, before the season ending one

4 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Even so, its always a great debate. From my view, Pellenard was 77 in May, & has only accumulated 13 games since, so +1, +4 seems fair enough to 82, 83 would of been fair too, but the sake of a 1 point difference is it really a massive error. Gives optimism for another +4 should he hold down the LB spot. Off the top of my head, Mbengue getting 80 was a farce, but hopefully, like Akolo of Stuttgart, he gets a +5. 

But the inconsistencies are a handful really, then again i am a stickler for accuracy too so there's always bugging mistakes.

It doesnt ruin the gameplay for myself as much as i have seen some folks moaning around gameworld newsfeeds though :-D 

Hopefully they do another brief review around March, before the season ending one

Sorry, but I had to chuckle when I read that one. I mean, Nantes have almost twice as many points as Lille, and yet Lille probably had the more generous review. 

And Pellenard rising to 82 might have been fair enough, but not when you consider that someone like Nalini rose to 83. And certainly not when you think that players who aren't even starting every game in the 2nd tiers (Serdar Dursun, for example) rose to 82 as well. Madness.

We can agree to disagree again though.

32 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

Sorry, but I had to chuckle when I read that one. I mean, Nantes have almost twice as many points as Lille, and yet Lille probably had the more generous review. 

And Pellenard rising to 82 might have been fair enough, but not when you consider that someone like Nalini rose to 83. And certainly not when you think that players who aren't even starting every game in the 2nd tiers (Serdar Dursun, for example) rose to 82 as well. Madness.

Do we just forget last season then? Nalini had minutes in Serie A, Pellenard was in Ligue 2. 

Its pretty well documented, Lille have the better players, and are massively underachieving probably no help from Bielsas shenanigans, and Nantes are massively overachieving with the Tinkerman

Yes probably, you could argue again several of those Lille rises were still from last season, Malcuit, Alonso, Pepe, Edgar Ie all breaking through at international level too. The way i see it the main guys from both clubs got the rises then needed, Diego Carlos, Sala. 

And cross comparing leagues that are ranked differently in the coefficients doesnt work either, back in the day that was a factor

Im down for making a list of all the glaring omissions next time round, then at least SM (if they do look here) have something to reference other than names thrown about here and there

37 minutes ago, -JMH- said:

Do we just forget last season then? Nalini had minutes in Serie A, Pellenard was in Ligue 2. 

Its pretty well documented, Lille have the better players, and are massively underachieving probably no help from Bielsas shenanigans, and Nantes are massively overachieving with the Tinkerman

Yes probably, you could argue again several of those Lille rises were still from last season, Malcuit, Alonso, Pepe, Edgar Ie all breaking through at international level too. The way i see it the main guys from both clubs got the rises then needed, Diego Carlos, Sala. 

And cross comparing leagues that are ranked differently in the coefficients doesnt work either, back in the day that was a factor

Im down for making a list of all the glaring omissions next time round, then at least SM (if they do look here) have something to reference other than names thrown about here and there

Sorry, but I think you are reaching there. Nalini started 7 games across the whole of last season. Pellenard started 5 for Bordeaux. That is hardly reason for Nalini to be given a bigger rise this year.

You sound like you are employed as PR for SM though. ;)

7 hours ago, ombarcagunners said:

turkish championship

Mamadou Fofana 78 

Joseph Attamah 84

Yazici 85

... ?

depends when they do it, yes

13 hours ago, -JMH- said:

What do we think about Douglas Costa. Stay or drop?

Considering he has just been purchased for approx 40M, would they drop him?

stay

22 hours ago, jlammy said:

Bonucci to stay? 

yes

22 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Helander has been hard done on every past review. considering Falletti has hardly played this season a +1 should have been enough. Ternana were almost relegated last year too.

Last season is last season, does the slate not wipe off?

fair enough

so he has. but that's the inconsistency. sometimes these sort of players get a +2, sometimes a +3. why didn't Hateboer get a +3 then? Gosens +2?

maybe. but for what he's played this season a +2 to 89 is not justified.

it's not. it's glaringly inconsistent.

On 26/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, Moz^ said:

How has REUS kept his 94? :blink:

very good question 

21 hours ago, Monolithic said:

Yep, very true. I mean I obviously can't do the predictions a day before each team is done, I have a life outside SM. And my predictions are more a guide than gospel truth- and it's based on gametime stats, rather than what SM would do.

The inconsistency is real.

14 hours ago, Monolithic said:

agreed