Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

14 hours ago, Sareum said:

So, I’ve been watching some old footage and getting ed on cider.  

I’m interested in your thoughts on how you’d apply a rating to someone retrospectively?  

The first game I ever attended was Oldham vs Southampton.  Quite a famous game, we won 4-3 and stayed in the Premier League.  

That day saw the first Premier League hat-trick for Matt Le Tissier.  

Ok, he’s well respected and is a kind of ‘cult-hero’ figure but was vastly under-rated, he only got 8 England Caps!  Carlton Palmer got 18 FFS and he was dog.

So, how would you rate Le Tissier?  Would you adhere to a squad cap?  Adhere to it?  Mark him down for not going to a big club?  I’ll give my thoughts on that at a later date...

Also, who is the most comparable player to him now and why?  Again, I’ll give my thoughts at a later date...

Le Tissier was a maverick. Definitely a luxury player. Could provide brilliance & kept Southampton up, time & time again. But didn’t work hard, did nothing at International level & I wouldn’t say he was any better than someone like Merson around the same time (probably worse). 

I’d say Zaha is most comparable in the sense he’s a big fish in a small pond at Palace, is a maverick but has already failed at a big club - not sure he’d be worth the risk for one again given what he’d cost. 

On 12/16/2019 at 3:22 PM, swanseajack said:

My point still stands, he's still overwhelmingly started at right-back recently, and even with the game on the weekend he's still started 5 out of the last 8. With them often rotating, and them losing to Bournemouth, it'd hardly be surprising for him to come back in for Emerson.

My initial point isn't a knock on Azpilcueta, he's not in direct competition. My point is he's been their main right-back recently, with Azpilcueta playing at left-back when James does play. Since the 9th November he's played more minutes than Emerson, so Azpilcueta has been playing more often as a left-back than he has at right-back. 

Oh look, he's not started again and don't believe he has in the last 3 games.

Happy to accept your apology when you're ready.

2 hours ago, Islelovesoccer said:

Le Tissier was a maverick. Definitely a luxury player. Could provide brilliance & kept Southampton up, time & time again. But didn’t work hard, did nothing at International level & I wouldn’t say he was any better than someone like Merson around the same time (probably worse). 

I’d say Zaha is most comparable in the sense he’s a big fish in a small pond at Palace, is a maverick but has already failed at a big club - not sure he’d be worth the risk for one again given what he’d cost. 

Decent comparison. But quality wise LeTiss in that era was still more influential. Id say in modern game someone like grealish is primed for growing into a leTiss. 

35 minutes ago, hoochy koochy said:

Decent comparison. But quality wise LeTiss in that era was still more influential. Id say in modern game someone like grealish is primed for growing into a leTiss. 

I don’t know about more influential - as Palaces stars without Zaha are woeful. Different types of players though. 

Grealish is someone who can imo make the step up - I don’t think Le Tissier could. He suited being the big fish & a team built round him - like Riquelme at Villarreal. Another player who flipped at a top club. 

15 minutes ago, Islelovesoccer said:

I don’t know about more influential - as Palaces stars without Zaha are woeful. Different types of players though. 

Grealish is someone who can imo make the step up - I don’t think Le Tissier could. He suited being the big fish & a team built round him - like Riquelme at Villarreal. Another player who flipped at a top club. 

Riquelme. Wowzer.  What a player. Good one. Although my admittedly my bias towards his enchanting way of playing, makes me say Barca flopped and weren’t good enough for him lol. 

Alcacer at Dortmund. He is my youngest striker (i run a small team so have to  fill my team with 30 yr old players,) but isnt doing great in the game world I am paying in, nor in real life recently. Should I stick with him or cash in and try for someone else. It is a fully subscribed league so not many 90 rated player available though there are a few on level 4 concerns that would be a good replacemnt, but obviously not guaranteed to get them.

B Mendy, A martial and Hererra at PSG all level 4

Any thoughts keep or sell?

thanks