Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

On 1/13/2020 at 10:11 PM, Ski13th said:

Appreciate the amount of effort that must go into your model. Seen the call out for Harry Wilson which got my thinking about how your % expression predicts the likelihood of increase/decrease.

Wilson has 18 appearances (14 starts) with 1,000+ minutes and 6 goals this season so I would expect +2 this review at least.

Harry Wilson +2 today

9 hours ago, hesselink said:

VVD +1 any chance?

Oh yes. Far and away the best CB in the game. There is no disputing it. And with Ramos still sitting on 95, VVD should rise to 96 to show just exactly who is the number 1 CB. Both of them being the same rating would be just plain silly

39 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Oh yes. Far and away the best CB in the game. There is no disputing it. And with Ramos still sitting on 95, VVD should rise to 96 to show just exactly who is the number 1 CB. Both of them being the same rating would be just plain silly

Disagree with this, Ramos earned his rating for being one of the most consistent cbs in the world for years and years. While Ramos should've lost his 95 this review VVD doesn't deserve a 96 rating when he's not been as good this season as he was last season. A good example of this is until Matip got injured he was Liverpools best cb early on. SM used to be really critical of cbs when it came to ratings, if they still are they wouldn't give vvd a higher rating than Ramos, Vidic, etc ever got

19 hours ago, Yuasa said:

Griezmann or lewansowski?

Griez is younger, so I presume he will retain a higher rating for much longer.

I hope that he can now improve his performances for Barça even more, now that EV has (finally) gone. Not that EV was a terrible coach, just not good enough for Barça IMHO (especially in the CL games - that mattered).

16 hours ago, hesselink said:

VVD +1 any chance?

Too soon for me. 

6 hours ago, Gumball said:

I completely agree with RobboEFC's opinion!

Mr Gumball I disagree with you in that VVD should be (fast-tracked) to a 96, it seems so unfair on those before him. As VVD hasn't yet had the years of top-level consistency/cup finals as the likes of such defensors:

S.Ramos, D.Alves, C.Puyol and N.Vidic. 😏

Edited by Milanista1
Additional text.

14 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

Griez is younger, so I presume he will retain a higher rating for much longer.

Ok thank you.  I'm thinking to swap my griez for lewa. I hope griez will improves his performance with the new coach because with Valverde he was discrete and i was start to thinking he would be on the day to drop

2 hours ago, Ski13th said:

Harry Wilson +2 today

Yes, YOU were right Ski13th!! Even +2 too! I'm impressed. All I can say is the stats were right but the spreadsheet didn't have enough IQ to recognize what both of us humans and SM staff did ie Harry Wilson's performances show he is going to be a very fine player!

Don't know what I can do to improve and educate the spreadsheet tho, other than moving the spreadsheet smack bang in front of the TV when Harry is playing and saying "You Must Watch Closer Spready!!😁😃😄🤣

Transfer Highlights! All in EURO'S Lobotka 20m to Napoli, Duvan Zapata 12m to Atalanta, Gedson Fernadez Loaned to Tottenham, El-Nesri 20M to Sevilla! Todibo Loan to Schalke and Marin Pongracic 10M to Wolfsburg. The last 3 look very interesting to me. Possible Spinazzola move to Inter?

Changes on SWiki today Tottenham, Wolves, Sheffield U, ManU and Arsenal ... 4to 5days to SM??

SM Review completed today below:-

Resu-Bournem1.png

Aston Villa review surely has to go into 3days now as Grealish for one hasn't been done yet. Bournemouth treated generously  with the exception of Ramsdale. Bottom line for the premiership is 85 for regular players. I know a reserve keeper has played a couple of games, but manager has said it was just temporary as Ramsdale had a slight tweak of his hamstring. Ramsdale has played 1,890minutes so far this season and that is definitely regular +5 please! SM u got it wrong again. Not as horrifically bad as missing Grealish IF U do tho SM, so be warned! Cheers Socca

2 hours ago, RobboEFC said:

Disagree with this, Ramos earned his rating for being one of the most consistent cbs in the world for years and years. While Ramos should've lost his 95 this review VVD doesn't deserve a 96 rating when he's not been as good this season as he was last season. A good example of this is until Matip got injured he was Liverpools best cb early on. SM used to be really critical of cbs when it came to ratings, if they still are they wouldn't give vvd a higher rating than Ramos, Vidic, etc ever got

1 hour ago, Milanista1 said:

Too soon for me. 

I completely agree with RobboEFC opinion!

Mr Gumball I disagree in that VVD should be fast-tracked to a 96 (seems unfair on those before him). He hasn't yet had the years of consistency/cup finals as the likes of such defensors:

S.Ramos, D.Alves, C.Puyol and N.Vidic. 

Forget the future my friends. Forget the past. The time is now. Get to living in the present. A players current standing in the game should be reflected in his rating. We're talking about a footballer who if it wasn't for, maybe the greatest of all time Lionel Messi, if it wasn't for him, VVD would have won a Ballon D'or. When was the last time a CB was even considered for that award? He's in a league of his own and it should be duly reflected

Wow. Just checked out the Ballon D'or on wiki. In the last 20 odd years! Only 3 other defenders have finished in the top 3 in it. Cannavaro, Maldini and Roberto Carlos. Wow. This is the company VVD is in.

Ramsdale missed one game this season, through a clearly reported injury, other than that he's been an ever present and other than Nathan Ake has been Bournemouth's best player this season. I don't understand the plus three at all, especially when they were generous with other players who've not performed as well (Mepham, Wilson). 

Bizarre really, hopefully because he is such a stand out performer he gets his rating corrected in the next month or two.

If Cantwell's an 85, Jamal Lewis is an 85 and Mepham's an 85 then Ramsdale must be.

First thing they've got wrong so far for the Prem.

3 hours ago, Gumball said:

There is no disputing it because???? Because you said so????? Well glad that's all over and done with then..... honestly

42 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Forget the future my friends. Forget the past. The time is now. Get to living in the present. A players current standing in the game should be reflected in his rating. We're talking about a footballer who if it wasn't for, maybe the greatest of all time Lionel Messi, if it wasn't for him, VVD would have won a Ballon D'or. When was the last time a CB was even considered for that award? He's in a league of his own and it should be duly reflected

So based on your logic Modric last year deserved his huge boost? Balon d'or and other awards are part popularity contest, Ronaldo for example was third in the voting when over 2019 he wasn't better than players like Lewandowski, etc... Vvd is a brilliant cb but he's not in a league of his own like you make out, Koulibaly isn't far off him. Cannavaro, Maldini, and Carlos are some of the best players in those 2 positions we've ever seen in football. If Van djik was consistent then I agree he should get another +1,right now he's having a worse season than his first season at the top level. It's way too soon

On 11/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, RobboEFC said:

Who I'd recommend to buy: 

Antony Gordon, 300-400k and is expected to make his debut soon. Has the talent to do well in the prem

Made his debut today, him and Holgate were the only standout players in a poor game. Both have a ton of potential, Holgate has been our best player the past 10 games while Gordons been our best u23 

7 hours ago, Gumball said:

I agree that living in the present is important, but in 🎁 time player's are either "overrated" or "underrated". SM was a bit more predictable and smoother to play (not so long ago) in the past. This meant a better gaming experience for all of us, as there was less complaining and debating regarding player ratings. 

6 hours ago, Sareum said:

Wasn’t Vidic a 96 at his peak, not 95 as inferred above?  

Not sure who you mean. We'll I didn't mention N.Vidic as a 95. 😝    😇

I was just mentioning player's who reached up to 95-96, and we're more consistant than VVD over the years, before they reached such heights. 

3 hours ago, Troianos77 said:

What is the chance of City's Mendy (90) of increasing in rating? Would you swap Gaya (91) for him?

I really don't think B.Mendy will rise. Even so it's great to see him finnaly fit and playing regularly-ish again for City this season. He's averaged (mostly) near to a 7.00 in his last 6 games, which isn't too bad but won't increase his chances of a rise. 

I would actually do a swap for J.Gaya (91) because B.Mendy (90) isn't certain to be City's 1st choice left back (with his injury record) and the fact that he isn't that good defensively. Add to the competition he faces with Zinchencho and Angelino. 

11 hours ago, RobboEFC said:

he's not been as good this season as he was last season. 

8 hours ago, RobboEFC said:

If Van djik was consistent then I agree he should get another +1, right now he's having a worse season than his first season at the top level. It's way too soon

You've repeated this as if you've made a good point, you haven't I'm afraid. VvD has still been monster & if he doesn't rise it won't be a performance issue. It just seems to be the recent ceiling for top CBs. If that's the case then Ramos should just drop to 94 at the end of the season instead, leaving him on his own as the best.