Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

27 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

There's no doubt VVD is a great defender in his own right (probably the best in the world right now). But until he has a  major cup or two under his belt

He has two.... ;-D

2 minutes ago, Islelovesoccer said:

If you don’t think he should rise that’s absolutely fine, I disagree. 

I’m talking about a player not a team. Trophies are team related. Shearer was a great player, never won anything really. 

Van has proved it by lifting trophies though.

Whats a weakness of his then? 

Even with the possibility of most of Pool rising, (soon enough) I still don't think VVD should rise . For him to go 👆to a 96 is too generous because he is yet to even lift the PL title (yet), when he does that, then I won't debate with you's about a +1 for him.

When you can find your 👓 - I have stated that VVD's weakness is at times his lack of defensive concentration.

1 hour ago, The punch said:

it is never too early, neymar went from 91 to 96 in 2 years...

see VVD at 96 at the end of the season is deserved - I agree only when he lifts the PL.

Neydive is a different player for a different position.

Neymar was Brazil's Golden boy, with the likes of Pele stating that he would one day overtake Messi as the best player in the World (talk about hype).

Although he was once in the top 3 for the best player in the world, and did do very well in Spain with Barcelona winning the league and CL with Barca - that certainly would have also helped him rise to 96.

In more recent times he's fortunate not to have dropped -1 as his move to PSG was a step downwards plus he did not play apart in the last Copa America which Brazil won without him.

Having said that I see that he still has a huge role to play at PSG if they are hoping to become a force in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Islelovesoccer said:

If you don’t think he should rise that’s absolutely fine, I disagree. 

I’m talking about a player not a team. Trophies are team related. Shearer was a great player, never won anything really. 

Van has proved it by lifting trophies though.

Yes let’s listen to Ryan Babel - lol 

Concentration? Come on, his performances speak for themselves. 

Concentration is such a baffling thing to say. Don’t have a clue why you’d say that having watched him since being at LFC. 

"Lapse in concentration" is actually what (your former player) Ryan Babel was hinting at in an article I was reading.

You probably don't like to remember back when R.Babel scored against Pool: it was during a mix up between VVD and Allison (last season in a draw against "the great Fulham FC"), but you being the Pool expert surely would have remembered that about your Greatest Defender Of All Times...😉

8 hours ago, Islelovesoccer said:

We know how the game is played soft lad! 

We disagree with you! 

Pipe down!

He’s better than all of them, don’t think it’s even debatable. 

He has no weakness! 

Soft lad? You clueless guy. Il expose you. You think VVd is better than Vidic. You are either 12 years old and started watching football two years ago. Or you are a sad LPOOL fan. End off convo. 

5 hours ago, RobboEFC said:

The whole point of the rating system and this thread is to compare current players with the best of the best since SM was created so we can predict rating changes. If you don't like that maybe don't talk on a thread based around predictions....? 

Should ratings be given out more generously because the quality in a certain position has dropped so there's a bigger gap between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc or should it be done like every other position? Next you'll be saying Salah deserves 98

Also, did I say matip carried vvd? I said he was Liverpools best defender till he got injured, stop being an idiot who twists words to suit there agenda 

Spot on.  Succinctly our Robbo. These cockroaches with LPOOL tinted glasses are out of th woodworks. Yawn.  

7 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

Spot on.  Succinctly our Robbo. These cockroaches with LPOOL tinted glasses are out of th woodworks. Yawn.  

Now now. You can't go around calling posters 12 years old and then come out with insults like that. Seems you've got a lot of growing up to do yourself mate. And don't talk about cockroaches and woodworks with Robbo, he'll get antsy and think you're talking about Woodison...

55 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Now now. You can't go around calling posters 12 years old and then come out with insults like that. Seems you've got a lot of growing up to do yourself mate. And don't talk about cockroaches and woodworks with Robbo, he'll get antsy and think you're talking about Woodison...

It’s not insulting. It’s factual. The same breed of supporters with same characteristics. We digress.  No point in stating the obvious :) 

VVD made a couple of mistakes against us in CL but he's been perfect in PL so far. I'm sure he will be 96 by the end of the season. Comparing him to Vidic is pointless.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, Rafter said:

Hi All,

Just looking ahead to the Netherlands rating's what do you predict for Myron Boadu and Donyell Malen? 

Anyone else I should be singing before these changes?

Ihattaren, Lisandro Martinez, Czyborra.

If you want to buy some risers go and check Tmcosta's thread.

2 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

It’s not insulting. It’s factual. The same breed of supporters with same characteristics. We digress.  No point in stating the obvious :) 

Ooof the mouth on you. You go down on your sister with that mouth?? Hardcore you mate. Superfan no1

13 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

Even with the possibility of most of Pool rising, (soon enough) I still don't think VVD should rise . For him to go 👆to a 96 is too generous because he is yet to even lift the PL title (yet), when he does that, then I won't debate with you's about a +1 for him.

I have no problem with that opinion. It’s reasonable, I think it should happen now if De Bruyne is rising for example, as these charts are suggesting then VVD has too! 

12 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

"Lapse in concentration" is actually what (your former player) Ryan Babel was hinting at in an article I was reading.

You probably don't like to remember back when R.Babel scored against Pool: it was during a mix up between VVD and Allison (last season in a draw against "the great Fulham FC"), but you being the Pool expert surely would have remembered that about your Greatest Defender Of All Times...😉

It’s Ryan Babel - I mean why would we listen to him? He’s entitled to his opinion, but he’s literally the only person who has criticised VVD in the last year, can’t remember too many others. 

Every defender who has played the game will make errors, which a ridiculous argument! 😆🤣

11 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

Soft lad? You clueless guy. Il expose you. You think VVd is better than Vidic. 

SOOOOO much better, it’s not debatable! 

23 minutes ago, animattion said:

You know Shearer has more premier league trophies than liverpool right?

He won a league, LFC have 18 - soon to be 19! 😉

12 minutes ago, Islelovesoccer said:

I definitely said Premier League, not A league, what you're referring too is the old league one because you have to go back that far... 30 years ago i believe.

Don't get me wrong i too believe Van Dijk currently is one of the best defenders in the world however to claim he has no weaknesses and is greater than some of the best defenders to ever grace the premier league is very narrow minded for someone who has to bring up that you won a title over 30 years ago

5 minutes ago, animattion said:

I definitely said Premier League, not A league, what you're referring too is the old league one because you have to go back that far... 30 years ago i believe.

Don't get me wrong i too believe Van Dijk currently is one of the best defenders in the world however to claim he has no weaknesses and is greater than some of the best defenders to ever grace the premier league is very narrow minded for someone who has to bring up that you won a title over 30 years ago

They renamed it 🤣 English titles are English titles. Yes LFC haven’t won the league for 30 years! 

I think he is better. Imagine Terry, Adams, Vidic playing in this LFC team. Having to play on half way line, be comfortable spreading wide & being one on one frequently - they’d get destroyed! 

23 hours ago, Islelovesoccer said:

Have to agree with all this - he's easily the best at the moment.  LFC smashing it too, I think he'd deserve a rise based on the likes of De Ligt rising etc this review.

I know 96 is high but no one can say he doesn't deserve that rating on performances.

I wish I had him in the game, but deserves a rise IMO.

Yes, he deserves a rise at the end of the season. (When he lifts the PL) if not it is still early. 95 is actually fine for now.

I have him in 85% of my teams, but 96 now?

Nah. 

1 hour ago, Islelovesoccer said:

I have no problem with that opinion. It’s reasonable, I think it should happen now if De Bruyne is rising for example, as these charts are suggesting then VVD has too! 

It’s Ryan Babel - I mean why would we listen to him? He’s entitled to his opinion, but he’s literally the only person who has criticised VVD in the last year, can’t remember too many others. 

Every defender who has played the game will make errors, which a ridiculous argument! 😆🤣

SOOOOO much better, it’s not debatable! 

Saying he is so much better than Vidic is actually very funny. VVD is a very good defender (no doubt), but he doesn't have any competition in the PL (that's a fact) because during the days of Vidic there were serious competitions in the PL with Ferdinand, John Terry (labeled the best PL defender). So saying VVD is so much better is actually an shallow way of thinking cause he has no competition.

He is fortunate to play when there isn't any competition. If he played during Vidic's, Ferdinand, JT, Puyol and Co he won't be rated.