Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

16 hours ago, Sir Louis Cower said:

I was about to ask the same thing, as I have Maignan from Lille, rated 89.

I wanted to sell him and get a more promising keeper, and I was about to choose one between Pau Lopez (I think he will be rated 90 at the end of the season), Meret (I'll be honest, I don't really like him), Nubel (not sure he'll take Neuer's spot).

What would you do?

Good timing Sir Louis Cower, 

I was talking to a manager in my GW who has just recently baught Nubel for his Ajax team. He reckons that Nubel is certain to take M. Neuer's place in the B.Munich team.

However, I reckon it will happen later rather than sooner, as (I read) M.Neuer isn't willing to share his No 1 spot (can't blame him, he'll only drop further on SM). :)

Nubel's agent has stated that Nubel only agreed to move to BM with the ambition of taking over from M.Neuer. So I'm sure there must be a clause in Nubel's contract - which enables him to play X amount of games once he joins up with BM's squad. 

in conclusion - If you've got the patience regarding Nubel, only then go for him. 

Edited by Milanista1
It needed correcting

Gotta say, I know some have issues with SM saying wait til the Summer etc, but I'd rather a player was acurately reflected than stick to the SM tradition which has made for some pretty silly ratings for older players like Ibrahimovic (was comfortably ahead of Kane for ages) & Iniesta etc being rated far too high when they were past it. If players notably fall in performance just drop em back down.

17 hours ago, JAMancini said:

It is my defense team:

Alexander-Arnold

Cancelo

Skriniar

Koulibaly

De Ligt

Pavard

Militao

Joe Gomez

Achraf Hakimi

Robertson

What players would you sell?

I'd get rid of Cancelo, Koulibaly and Militao

50 minutes ago, alfredobe90 said:

I'd get rid of Cancelo, Koulibaly and Militao

My view is rid of Cancelo and Militao. Neither players are playing enough and you have better options on the RB / LB positions.

Militao has good potential but he is stuck behind Ramos as a back-up so  I wouldn't waste time if I were you. 

I would also sell Koulibaly because Napoli's suffering this season. BUT, in view that he is currently your best CB and even if he drops to a 92, he can still compete for a first team spot, I would suggest holding on to him temporarily while you source for a long-term replacement if possible. Otherwise, you may be a bit thin at CB with just Gomez as cover.

P.S. I'll hold onto Pavard. He is first choice for Bayern and good enough at RB such that Kimmich can be pushed up into CDM / CM role. He has also played CB so his versatility to cover 2 positions is an advantage to squad depth. I'll wager he'll get am overdue rise to 91, if not 92 (not likely but hey, one can hope right?) by next review.

6 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

I was talking to a manager in my GW who has just recently bought Nubel for his Ajax team. 

He reckons Nubel is certain to take M. Neuer's place in the B.Munich team, but I reckon it will come later rather than sooner, as (I read) M.Neuer isn't willing to share his No 1 spot (can't blame him).

Although Nubel's agent has stated that Nubel only agreed to move to BM with the ambition of taking over from M.Neuer. So I'm sure there must be a clause in Nubel's contact which states he will play X amount of games once he joins up with the squad. 

in conclusion - If you've got the patience regarding Nubel then I'd would go for him. 

I was talking to a manager in my GW who has just recently baught Nubel for his Ajax team. He reckons that Nubel is certain to take M. Neuer's place in the B.Munich team.

However, I reckon it will happen later rather than sooner, as (I read) M.Neuer isn't willing to share his No 1 spot (can't blame him, he'll only drop further on SM). :)

Nubel's agent has stated that Nubel only agreed to move to BM with the ambition of taking over from M.Neuer. So I'm sure there must be a clause in Nubel's contract, which enables him to play X amount of games once he joins up with BM's squad. 

in conclusion - If you've got the patience regarding Nubel - only then go for him. 

Totally agree. It has got to be Nubel. 

Schalke got the shock of their lives (again) when their club captain signed for Bayern on a free (again!) and suspended him from the team as punishment. Bayern signed him definitely as a long-term replacement for Neuer. Neuer probably isn't going to stick around Bayern much longer. Definitely not beyond 21/22 as his contract expires by then or he would have demanded a transfer out. 

To top it all, he is also seen as the leading next-gen GK for Germany so I'll get him and be patient.

P.S. I would LOVE to get him but i think he is going to throw a hissy fit about lack of games and my current keepers are quite a long way ahead of him in terms of rating.

21 hours ago, ProfeQuintero said:

Sign Manolas for the long term?  Are Napoli players destined to drop?

Nope. I'll steer clear of any Napoli players for now. Besides, his performances hasn't been great either and his age wouldn't fall under the long term category imo.

I've got no idea how SM are going to predict the Championship. 

- Will they have review Premier League loanees again?
- How much weight are they going to put on to clubs league position, given how much talent is at the middling to lower clubs?
- How much are they going to consider injuries, for players like Joe Rodon who'll start for Wales in the Euros and is one of the league's best defenders, but has missed the last two months with injury?
- How much are they willing to increase the very top performers in the division - Eze, Bowen, White, given how slow they've been giving players they're due ratings in the past.

59 minutes ago, swanseajack said:

I've got no idea how SM are going to predict the Championship. 

- Will they have review Premier League loanees again?
- How much weight are they going to put on to clubs league position, given how much talent is at the middling to lower clubs?
- How much are they going to consider injuries, for players like Joe Rodon who'll start for Wales in the Euros and is one of the league's best defenders, but has missed the last two months with injury?
- How much are they willing to increase the very top performers in the division - Eze, Bowen, White, given how slow they've been giving players they're due ratings in the past.

Yeah I'm just wondering if it's even worth getting players like Jarrod Bowen or Kalvin Phillips for the quick profit as they're already rated 84, will they get any change at all? If so will they only change a little bit in value...

7 hours ago, TMNT said:

Gotta say, I know some have issues with SM saying wait til the Summer etc, but I'd rather a player was acurately reflected than stick to the SM tradition which has made for some pretty silly ratings for older players like Ibrahimovic (was comfortably ahead of Kane for ages) & Iniesta etc being rated far too high when they were past it. If players notably fall in performance just drop em back down.

Agree. That is a school of thought. But then be consistent with it. Varane V VVDijk is a great topic. 

personally the reason why SM has been popular over the years is because of consistency and stability.  This volatile nature of changes (especially high rated players as if they were the old 10k risers) is not good

12 hours ago, Kev said:

It's being dealt with. 

Can I remind everyone to respect the rules of the forum please. They're there for everyone to see.

Such a news can be said and shared hopefully in the future ? This is a forum to talk about everything and share some news. Kobe Bryant was one of the best basketball players in history. 

It doesn't matter if this is a football forum or a tennis forum, right ? Life is still more important then anything. 

1 minute ago, thorgan lesar said:

Such a news can be said and shared hopefully in the future ? This is a forum to talk about everything and share some news. Kobe Bryant was one of the best basketball players in history. 

It doesn't matter if this is a football forum or a tennis forum, right ? Life is still more important then anything. 

I see that over the few years this forum has indeed spoken of other topics aside from football, which is a good thing now and then.

However we shouldn't allow for those subjects to almost overtake the thread itself: it's unfair on those who actually require our advice (at the same time).  

Kev is just saying his bit as a Moderator. :)

6 hours ago, TMNT said:

Yeah I'm just wondering if it's even worth getting players like Jarrod Bowen or Kalvin Phillips for the quick profit as they're already rated 84, will they get any change at all? If so will they only change a little bit in value...

They aren't really worth it even if they do get the rating increase but I don't think they will. It's so rare for a player currently in the Championship to get an increase to 85, and that's even when they've reviewed it at the end of the season. Ryan Sessegnon went to 83 when winning Championship Player of the Year, Bamford got to 84 a few years back when winning the same award. 

The one's to get are your 77/78 rated player who are looking to push towards 82, which represents a big increase in value. Key ones being:

Jayden Bogle - 78 (Derby)

Joshua Dasilva - 78 (Brentford)

Nathan Ferguson - 77 (West Brom)

Lewis O'Brien - 77 (Huddersfield)

Marcus Tavernier - 77 (Middlesbrough)

Han Noah Massengo - 76 (Bristol City)

Jude Bellingham - 75 (Birmingham City)

I don't know how SM are going to do this so I'm not going to go for individual predictions but I'd expect all to hit 80 or 82, which represents a good profit for all of them. 

59 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Of course this kind of thing can be talked about here. I just hope that next time it's not done with a lack of respect and with the intention to provoke.

18 hours ago, swanseajack said:

They aren't really worth it even if they do get the rating increase but I don't think they will. It's so rare for a player currently in the Championship to get an increase to 85, and that's even when they've reviewed it at the end of the season. Ryan Sessegnon went to 83 when winning Championship Player of the Year, Bamford got to 84 a few years back when winning the same award. 

The one's to get are your 77/78 rated player who are looking to push towards 82, which represents a big increase in value. Key ones being:

Jayden Bogle - 78 (Derby)

Joshua Dasilva - 78 (Brentford)

Nathan Ferguson - 77 (West Brom)

Lewis O'Brien - 77 (Huddersfield)

Marcus Tavernier - 77 (Middlesbrough)

Han Noah Massengo - 76 (Bristol City)

Jude Bellingham - 75 (Birmingham City)

I don't know how SM are going to do this so I'm not going to go for individual predictions but I'd expect all to hit 80 or 82, which represents a good profit for all of them. 

Got all of them apart from Ferguson who is unavailable. Probably buying Jarrod Bowen as he may get an independent rise at some point on the back of his upcoming move to the Premier League if he gets nothing in the Championship review. Taking a chance on a few cheap players close to 80 like Ben Purrington & Lewis Wing as well.