Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

14 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

ah! I have Canales. Thanks mate.

United fan but I will go for Rashica, who I see has the bigger ceiling. James is good but I don't see him being a long-term starter. More likely to be a Mata/Lingard type of squad player.

I thought so too! Cheers Kieran. Wondering what's happening to the takeover now as it's stalled for a while. 

Don't think anything will get announced before the season is finished. Newcastle supporters will be on the street dancing. Nobody wants that at this time.

43 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

I thought so too! Cheers Kieran. Wondering what's happening to the takeover now as it's stalled for a while. 

Probably will fall at the final hurdle, plus every man and there dog it’s trying stop it from happening.

I would imagine that half the owners in the premier league are not whiter than white.

I find it funny how the UK government trade arms with Saudi Arabia yet everyone’s so annoyed that PIF are trying to own Newcastle United.

I might be biased but to me Newcastle is a sleeping giant and I think that’s a big reason a lot of people are trying to stop the takeover.

(I’m not ignoring the Human rights claim, that is obviously wrong but I think Piracy claims are the biggest stumbling block at the minute)

Thats not a good enough reason to stop the takeover from happening in my opinion.

Im waffling... sorry 😂

Would still take the trio!

42 minutes ago, Nighch said:

Thanks! Awesome response!

No problem.

Hello 

Just thought I'd mention there was a World Football Index podcast a few days ago (questions from listeners part 2) where they discussed quite a few young South American prospects (some raw prospects, not just the obvious ones like Almada etc). Definitely worth a listen for anyone looking to do a bit more research and have something good to listen to as well. 

Partey will probably lose his RB position next review but until then I have a question for the guys who used him as a RB more than once, did he do good as a RB? What was his average rating?

Out of options for the right-back position but considering buying Semedo soon.

6 hours ago, Nameless said:

People play SM20? 

Anyone knows what their match engine is like?

It is similar. The team instructions are almost the same + other instructions for the team parts ( defenders, midfielders, attackers). The bigger difference is that you can set instructions for the all players. The formations are also the same.

And the red cards counts a lot :)

2 hours ago, The punch said:

ronaldo and messi can keep 95-96+ for 2-3 years?

Until they end up playing in the MLS or China (not that I think they will) I’m confident they will stay above 95 rating.

2 hours ago, RHugrakkur said:

Does anyone know if european club competitions count for players' concerns or only national competitions?

No they don’t.

1 hour ago, Marek said:

Umtiti + Sergi Roberto for Diallo (PSG) + Semedo?

I have Umtiti and Sergi, none of them would be a starter. I'm thinking to accept for the age factor.

Yes, 

Like I said yesterday I would take Diallo over Umtiti, better option long term and I think there may be a slight chance Umtiti could drop although unlikely.

Also Semedo should rise to 91 so therefore would be the same rating as Roberto and would be younger.

Only potential question mark over Semedo is his future, I know Semedo was one of the players offered to Inter in a swap deal for Martinez. Wouldn’t see that as a great move for Semedo.

Overall yes I would do the deal.

47 minutes ago, RhysMorgan said:

Would you trade Carvajal for hakimi, given that I have kimmich and Pavard and that kimmich won't get into my midfield? 

Strong team

Yes, Hakimi should rise in the German or Spanish review depending on which club he is at.

Judging by if you play Kimmich at RB Carvajal wouldn’t start anyway so you are better off having a brilliant young talent in Hakimi to have for the future.

11 hours ago, selfishro said:

Partey will probably lose his RB position next review but until then I have a question for the guys who used him as a RB more than once, did he do good as a RB? What was his average rating?

Out of options for the right-back position but considering buying Semedo soon.

No clue, Semedo would be a decent option.

10 hours ago, Fabino said:

Ricardo pereira or carvajal?

Pereira long-term, if Hakimi takes over Carvajal then Carvajal might drop.

9 hours ago, The punch said:

ronaldo and messi can keep 95-96+ for 2-3 years?

Good question. Messi definitely can as long as he stays at Barca - I'm sure he will retire when still 95+. Don't see him doing an Iniesta/Xavi. Newell's is a possibility but I think Messi admitted somewhere that he might be too big for the Argentine club to handle.

Ronaldo on the other hand - contract at Juventus ends in 2022 when he'll be 37. Can assume he won't extend further at that point (unless Juventus are really desperate). I don't think he would go to China but I think he has one move left in him (Portugal? USA?)

9 hours ago, RHugrakkur said:

Does anyone know if european club competitions count for players' concerns or only national competitions?

They don't 

8 hours ago, Marek said:

Umtiti + Sergi Roberto for Diallo (PSG) + Semedo?

I have Umtiti and Sergi, none of them would be a starter. I'm thinking to accept for the age factor.

The Barca guys always have their futures under a cloud, with the transfer window coming and Barca needing to raise cash, you never know what happens. I would take Diallo and Semedo long-term though.

7 hours ago, RhysMorgan said:

Would you trade Carvajal for hakimi, given that I have kimmich and Pavard and that kimmich won't get into my midfield? 

Strong team

Sure, Hakimi will overtake Carvajal quite soon.