Rahul W's rating predictions

1 hour ago, Toby S said:

Any of the boys added to the database today worth picking up? 

Luca Netz

Marton Dardai
Isma ARMENTEROS

19 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

No idea, any reason last one in capitals?My mate who knows a few things has gone for Netz, who looks ike he is playing for U19 team at 17, and a regular for germany U17

Both Netz and Dardai have sometimes featured on the bench for Hertha Berlin since the restart but neither have managed any game time yet.

Not seen either of them play so I couldn’t pass judgement.

The 2 interesting players at Hertha are Ngankam and Samardzic. 

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

No idea, any reason last one in capitals?My mate who knows a few things has gone for Netz, who looks ike he is playing for U19 team at 17, and a regular for germany U17

No reason other than I just copy and pasted it from the soccer manager website because i didnt want to spell it haha

11 minutes ago, zerocool1 said:

Thiago + Coman vs Konude + Sancho + Fabian Ruiz

Which seems a better pick?

The trio,

Jadon Sancho could be 93/94 in the next couple of years.

Fabian Ruiz is linked with Real Madrid which could be huge for his rating in this game.

Jules Kounde is getting game time at Sevilla, should get a +1 in the summer.

10 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

I don't think Liverpool are willing to fund the move for a substitute. Not worth it from a financial POV - if the AFCON was going on in Jan, it would have made sense as a replacement for Salah and Mane.

For a substitute now - I don't think it's worth. Werner is worth it sure, looks like a perfect match. But he isn't displacing Mane or Salah, and he isn't a like for like replacement for Firmino.

Owners seem to expect the club to be self sufficient and COVID has hit them financially. 

The scum bags also have financial restrictions due to no funds coming in for season tickets next season. They are hit just like others of course. Serves them right :) title or no title. They will also be hit by commercial revenues despite winning the title soon, as corona has changed everything for coming years. Bizzare. 

12 hours ago, Toby S said:

Any of the boys added to the database today worth picking up? 

Luca Netz

Marton Dardai
Isma ARMENTEROS

No clue mate

9 hours ago, Beatz said:

£12m to spend and need a LB for long term. Any recommendations?

Kieran answered

7 hours ago, zerocool1 said:

Thiago + Coman vs Konude + Sancho + Fabian Ruiz

Which seems a better pick?

Thiago is a safe 94 for a few years

Coman could hit 92/93 if he stays fit

Kounde will probably peak at 90/91

Sancho could well get 93/94

Fabian if he gets a Madrid move will get a good rating

Not a very imbalanced deal but trip for me

6 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

Any players rated 88 and below have any chances of 89/90 ?

Don't think anybody is primed for a big jump, they usually break it up for those likely to (Haaland, Davies)

On 5/24/2020 at 8:36 AM, Sir Rahul said:

Joke SM has fallen asleep just as it is time for the big teams. What a joke. 

Disasi got his 85 though, as I said he would.

Hey guys! What are your thoughts on Balerdi and Djibril Sow? I ve had so high hopes for these two but recently I m thinking of selling them. 

10 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

Any players rated 88 and below have any chances of 89/90 ?

Haaland and Davies are the 2 who should get to 90.

Others who will rise to 89 include, Laimer, Laimer, Thuram, Neuhaus, Nkunku, Schick, Ferran Torres, Adama Traore, Diogo Jota, Jonny Otto.

Theres more but there the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, daproz said:

Arthur, Rodri or Henderson?

Henderson for the next year or so.

Arthur/Rodri

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

I can't see how Diaby of Leverkusen is highly thought of. The boy will shoot from corner flag and not cross it to his teammates. 

Pace.

I think he was actually better before the restart, provided a lot of assists for Leverkusen.

37 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

I have been offered Blaise matuidi for my Klosterman, I am thinking of countering with my Tadic and La font. I do need a big player like Blaise and he can play am L to replace Tadic in short term.

Thoughts?

Yeah I think it’s fair if you don’t mind losing Lafont.

24 minutes ago, dutza90 said:

Hey guys! What are your thoughts on Balerdi and Djibril Sow? I ve had so high hopes for these two but recently I m thinking of selling them. 

Balerdi if it’s the one at Dortmund you are thinking about has recently started getting game time so I would keep hold of him for now.

Would keep Sow until the German review then sell him after.

1 hour ago, Nighch said:

What about the two newly added Real Madrid youngsters? CB Rafa Marín and Gudjohnsen son? Anyone knows if they deserve a buy?

Maybe Gudjohnsen but don’t know much about either.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

SM forgot they were doing Argentina. 

No clue why it's sooooooo slow

1 hour ago, Nighch said:

What about the two newly added Real Madrid youngsters? CB Rafa Marín and Gudjohnsen son? Anyone knows if they deserve a buy?

Gudjohnsen is apparently good. A manager in my GW said this (custom rules allowed him a free pass at this player):

"Gutierrez has been the stand out for the Madristas, and Manuel, but the lad is an out and out striker. Pace, strength, positioning, both footed, excellent in the air, loves a lobbed goal, volleys, first time shots. Long, long way to go, but an excellent prospect!"

40 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

I have been offered Blaise matuidi for my Klosterman, I am thinking of countering with my Tadic and La font. I do need a big player like Blaise and he can play am L to replace Tadic in short term.

Thoughts?

Matuidi's position is puzzling. As per Transfermarkt, he has played at CM 341 times, DM 186 times, LM 25 times and LB 14 times through his club career. For France he has played at LM more.

Actual position should be: DM(C), M(LC). No idea why he gets an AM(LC) because he is no attacking midfielder.

Always possible that he loses the AM(L) so I would not replace Tadic with him. Tadic is a safe 91 at Ajax (for now at least).

Tadic and Lafont is too much for Matuidi.

26 minutes ago, dutza90 said:

Balerdi is a strange situation, Dortmund have hardly played him. Is getting substitute appearances since the re-start, so could get a small +1 to 78.

Sow should get a +1 to 87 as he was overlooked in the last review.

9 hours ago, RhysMorgan said:

Am I being naive or could werner still move to Liverpool? 

Seems to me they have agreed a deal and they will pay the buyout and Chelsea but till it is signed so could Liverpool? 

On Werner, even moving to a 'lower' club, i've been offered him for my Haaland. Good swap? I'm thinking yes. Thoughts folks??

13 minutes ago, !¡BµKa🔑 said:

Please once the Argentine review is done what league is next? 

Not sure

9 minutes ago, Gumball said:

On Werner, even moving to a 'lower' club, i've been offered him for my Haaland. Good swap? I'm thinking yes. Thoughts folks??

That's a good deal for both parties. I think Haaland has a higher ceiling though - 94/95 in the next five years. 

Funny Bundesliga stat.

Dortmund and Schalke were level on points in December.

There is now a 26 point gap 😳

Schalke have dropped like a lead balloon! 😂

37 minutes ago, !¡BµKa🔑 said:

Please once the Argentine review is done what league is next? 

Not sure, I’m hoping Russia or Ukraine.

33 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Personally I would keep Haaland, I’m a huge fan of his (biased)

I do think it’s a fair deal though, Werner has the ability to be successful in the premier league so I’m sure he will go from strength to strength.

20 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Ligue 1 transfers that have gone through already, players potentially worth getting:

Robson Bambu (76), moved to Nice

Wuilker Farinez (85), moved to promoted Lens. Seems like a good bridging move for a keeper that's been highly rated for years. 

I will keep an eye on these guys, thank you 😊

Hope it's fine to ask about tactics, seeing as how this is so active.

Is 4-5-1 B a good formation vs. 4-3-3 A? I can field a 94 team at best while my opponent's team is 93 at best. They have the default tactics set --- normal tackling, normal mentality, mixed passing, mixed attacking, normal tempo, pressing own half, and then no on everything else. There's only one player set to take every role (Saúl Ñíguez).

I did some searching and so far decided in my 4-5-1 B formation --- normal tackling, mixed passing, normal tempo, attacking mentality, through the middle attacking style (since my center mids are rated higher at 93, 94 and 95 compared to a wing of a 95 and a 91 player), and pressing all over. I'm using counter attack, tight marking, playmaker (the defensive mid in the formation), and men behind ball. No offside trap or target man.

Is this a good formation and tactic against 4-3-3 A?