Rahul W's rating predictions

Rahul W

22 minutes ago, Islelovesoccer said:

Do you not think the current CL, World Clup Champions & miles clear one PL have a valid claim to be? I do. 

To be fair though they’re no longer in the CL and World Club Championship is a Micky mouse cup, there are only 4 teams in the competition and the money that’s in the European game of football far outways any other continent.

For example in the final, Flamengo had Rafinha an ex Bayern Munich player probably going to see his career out there and Pablo Mari who would rather play for a shocking Arsenal team, not much competition.

I agree with the PL statement, they have been the best team by miles, but name me another team who has done well in the premier league this season? Everyone has underachieved in my opinion, apart from Leicester, Sheffield United and maybe Wolves.

But none of those teams were ever going to challenge for a title.

Everything being said, I would say Liverpool are among the best, probably top 2 or 3.

5 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

To be fair though they’re no longer in the CL and World Club Championship is a Micky mouse cup, there are only 4 teams in the competition and the money that’s in the European game of football far outways any other continent.

For example in the final, Flamengo had Rafinha an ex Bayern Munich player probably going to see his career out there and Pablo Mari who would rather play for a shocking Arsenal team, not much competition.

I agree with the PL statement, they have been the best team by miles, but name me another team who has done well in the premier league this season? Everyone has underachieved in my opinion, apart from Leicester, Sheffield United and maybe Wolves.

But none of those teams were ever going to challenge for a title.

Everything being said, I would say Liverpool are among the best, probably top 2 or 3.

There is no denying that Liverpool is a very strong team and they fully deserve to be considered one of the top teams in Europe. But "Best in Europe" is a very strong claim which isn't warranted given that they fell to Atletico Madrid, who aren't doing that well in La Liga this season and struggling a little to deal with all the departures of key players over the summer. I would consider Champions League to be the only competition in Europe that matters. Look at the lyrics of the Champions League if you need reference to how that competition, rightfully or not, is THE competition a club should win to be called "Best in Europe".

I'm not being a Bayern fanboy but you have to see how strong Bayern were over the season. They didn't start well, changed their manager and roamed to the title after Christmas despite amazing displays by Leipzig and Dortmund. They were so consistent at playing well and getting results.

And some statistics for the Pavard vs Gomez discussion since that was the starting point (from whoscored):

Gomez:

• 20 appearances (14 as starter, 6 as sub)
  • 6.87 average rating
  • no goals or assists

Pavard:

• 31 appearances (all starter)
  • 7.21 average rating
  • 4 goals and 4 assists

As a final note, I just didn't agree that Gomez was recommended as he is a squad member (not even a bona fide starter) in the "best team in Europe". In any case, I think Pavard has proved his worth this season and deserves a raise to at least 91 in the next reviews (since this is a rating prediction thread?).

1 hour ago, sharkdan said:

Hi guys, can you advise me the best 25 years old or younger LBs? 

Tough one given that SM does full backs a little dirty in terms of rating but Kierans has good recommendations.

1 hour ago, Kierans91 said:

Davies, Lodi, Hernandez, Ferland Mendy, Chilwell, Goosens, Cucurella.

Both rise to 89 probably.

My recommendations would be Davies and Chilwell.

9 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

I'd be patient as he's only 20. Many attackers have tried and failed at Atletico - Mandzukic, Jimenez, Cerci, Vietto, Jackson Martinez, Gaitan etc.

Felix seems to have something special to overcome that. Funnily enough, there's a good piece on Felix on The Athletic that I read yesterday.

Well, I do have him in most of my teams given that crazy transfer fee that was paid for him. Hence the question.

Given that I do not hog players and cap my first team to 22 players max, I had to give up someone higher rated for him to get a spot in my teams. It may have affected my title challenges so yeah..

26 minutes ago, RoyLeo said:

There is no denying that Liverpool is a very strong team and they fully deserve to be considered one of the top teams in Europe. But "Best in Europe" is a very strong claim which isn't warranted given that they fell to Atletico Madrid, who aren't doing that well in La Liga this season and struggling a little to deal with all the departures of key players over the summer. I would consider Champions League to be the only competition in Europe that matters. Look at the lyrics of the Champions League if you need reference to how that competition, rightfully or not, is THE competition a club should win to be called "Best in Europe".

I'm not being a Bayern fanboy but you have to see how strong Bayern were over the season. They didn't start well, changed their manager and roamed to the title after Christmas despite amazing displays by Leipzig and Dortmund. They were so consistent at playing well and getting results.

And some statistics for the Pavard vs Gomez discussion since that was the starting point (from whoscored):

Gomez:

• 20 appearances (14 as starter, 6 as sub)
  • 6.87 average rating
  • no goals or assists

Pavard:

• 31 appearances (all starter)
  • 7.21 average rating
  • 4 goals and 4 assists

As a final note, I just didn't agree that Gomez was recommended as he is a squad member (not even a bona fide starter) in the "best team in Europe". In any case, I think Pavard has proved his worth this season and deserves a raise to at least 91 in the next reviews (since this is a rating prediction thread?).

On 6/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, Kierans91 said:

Pavard, although if you need versatility I would go for Gomez because he can play all across the back line.

Don’t really know why you are quoting me on this seen as I advised on choosing Pavard, you got the wrong guy 😂

I am a Liverpool fan so I am biased but they have the best points total in probably the hardest league. If Adrian could actually kick a ball they would probably be in the CL still and were very wasteful during the game too but that's football. 

98 points last year and probably going to get around the same this year with a CL last year in which they beat Bayern so they have to be considered one of the best teams in Europe surely? I would back Liverpool to beat most clubs more times out of 10 over two legs than other clubs. 

Also whilst we are here any idea what the next league to be reviewed is?

27 minutes ago, Kurt angle said:

I am a Liverpool fan so I am biased but they have the best points total in probably the hardest league. If Adrian could actually kick a ball they would probably be in the CL still and were very wasteful during the game too but that's football. 

98 points last year and probably going to get around the same this year with a CL last year in which they beat Bayern so they have to be considered one of the best teams in Europe surely? I would back Liverpool to beat most clubs more times out of 10 over two legs than other clubs. 

I agree Liverpool are brilliant but I reckon it’s probably close between them and Bayern for who is the best team right now.

Bayern have won there last 21 games out of 22 in the Bundesliga.

As for the premier league being the hardest, I would very much throw that into doubt this season.

Overachieving?

Sheffield United

Leicester City

Wolves?

Underachieving?

Manchester City/United

Chelsea

Tottenham

Arsenal

Everton?

Premier league in my opinion has been very below par, there has been some unusual results like Chelsea losing to Bournemouth at Home think it was 0-2.

Manchester City are currently 10+ points behind where they were last season. (Don’t know the actually amount)

Think Germany could be reviewed next, one set of fixtures left.

8 minutes ago, selfishro said:

IMO Lautaro Martinez deserves a +1 in the next review. The guy is just too good.

Would be nice but seen a +2 in December.

9 hours ago, sharkdan said:

Hi guys, can you advise me the best 25 years old or younger LBs? 

Kieran recommended good ones

9 hours ago, Fabino said:

Hateboer and gosens 90?

Good saison atalanta...

8 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Maybe me, but what is it about and do I have to pay ?

It's free for 30 days

7 hours ago, RoyLeo said:

Well, I do have him in most of my teams given that crazy transfer fee that was paid for him. Hence the question.

Given that I do not hog players and cap my first team to 22 players max, I had to give up someone higher rated for him to get a spot in my teams. It may have affected my title challenges so yeah..

Fair enough

6 hours ago, Kurt angle said:

Hopefully Germany.

I won't weigh on the Liverpool chat too much because everything's already said, I don't think there's a need to compare in detail though. Liverpool made last two CL finals, won one, sure they got knocked out this year but are set to win the league, fair to say they are best in the world. Bayern need to win in the CL to be considered that.

6 hours ago, selfishro said:

IMO Lautaro Martinez deserves a +1 in the next review. The guy is just too good.

Fair but he did get a +2 last review.

2 hours ago, ombarcagunners said:

Tonali to 88?

Brescia going down so it may be tough. If he agrees a deal to a bigger club before the review then he could get it.

11 minutes ago, JOE GI said:

Any player can get 90?

Canales Highly unlikely

De jong Not enough goals imo

Aurier Possible but depends how high Spurs finish 

Paulista Unlikely

Volland Deserves it

Bellarabi I doubt

Ocampos Yes

Ayoze Pérez Yes

7 minutes ago, Aaaa said:

Sandro tonali or camavinga...can only sign one

Camavinga has a higher peak imo

10 hours ago, Kurt angle said:

yeah that's football and in football you really need a valid back up also in GK, especially if you want to win CL. it's also easy for me to say that if in 2018 there were some referees not affected by selective blindness instead of brych and skomina, probably there would have been AS roma in the final and not liverpool. and i won't say this is football, because it ain't.

1 hour ago, oronzodd said:

yeah that's football and in football you really need a valid back up also in GK, especially if you want to win CL. it's also easy for me to say that if in 2018 there were some referees not affected by selective blindness instead of brych and skomina, probably there would have been AS roma in the final and not liverpool. and i won't say this is football, because it ain't.

Explain please? Are you saying Liverpool made it into the 2018 UCL final thanks to the referees and not absolutely smashing Roma at Anfield and taking a 2-1 lead in Rome which effectively ended the contest? Yes Roma won 4-2 but remember that Nainggolans goals came in the 86th and 94th minutes at which they needed 3 goals to go through and time wasn’t on their side.

3 minutes ago, Djordjee said:

Bergwijn to rise to 90 in the next review?

If he keeps performing then he has a good chance, arguable one of Spurs better players since joining in January.

One thing holding him back though and that’s Tottenham who aren’t having a very good season.

2 hours ago, Aaaa said:

Sandro tonali or camavinga...can only sign one

Camavinga

2 hours ago, JOE GI said:

Any player can get 90?

Canales

De jong

Aurier

Paulista

Volland

Bellarabi

Ocampos