Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

1 hour ago, oronzodd said:

i'll tell you what, they are actually the better fit team in europe, not even bayern after 11 match run so fast and effectively. so that friend of mine asked me, how you think they do? they have been doing training while in bergamo there was a total lockdown and thousands of infected? or it's something else?

If we look at their first team, Muriel is the only key addition from last summer. I guess Gasperini has them whipped in shape, which has allowed them to get past the covid break more or less well. I hope they can beat Juve so that the title race can be tighter...

16 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Will the promoted teams from Bundesliga 2 will have their own mini 2-4 days before the Bundesliga review get done or will it be mixed up with this Brazil review? 

Wish they would do a proper Bundesliga 2 review. Anybody's guess if they'll do Arminia, Stuttgart (and potentially Heidenheim though I don't see it).

Arminia probably need it more than Stuttgart.

Hello forumers! Let's start the week with some Brazilian samba, saudade and predictions for our favourite game. :D

Atletico Mineiro:

Marquinhos    70 to 77   +7
Bruninho    73 to 76   +3 (on loan to Sport Recife)
Maílton    73    new player

Vasco da Gama:

Marrony    82 to 84   +2 (moved to Atletico Mineiro)
Raul    82 to 83   +1
Talles Magno    80 to 82   +2
Bruno Gomes    70 to 76   +6

Bahia:

Artur    82 to 83   +1
Flávio    80 to 82   +2
Ronaldo    77 to 78   +1

2 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Wish they would do a proper Bundesliga 2 review. Anybody's guess if they'll do Arminia, Stuttgart (and potentially Heidenheim though I don't see it).

Arminia probably need it more than Stuttgart.

Please excuse my niavity re german footy, how many go up from Div 2 ? why potentially Heidenheim? play off?

Also most of the players at Bielfele and heidi hi are 82 already so not much of a jump. there is 1 player but he is 1.2m at 77 rated.

3 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Please excuse my niavity re german footy, how many go up from Div 2 ? why potentially Heidenheim? play off?

Top 2 go up, 3rd place plays 16th in Bundesliga in a play-off. Hamburg almost made it to a playoff vs Bremen - would have been a tasty derby, but they Hamburged it up yesterday. Heidenheim lost 3-0 to Arminia, Hamburg win/draw would have had them in the play-off, they got thrashed 5-1 to 10th placed Sandhausen instead.

Former Hamburg RB Dennis Diekmeier scored the 5th. Only his second professional goal -  his first came last month. You couldn't write it. 

Game before this, Hamburg lost to Heidenheim 2-1. Heidenheim scored the winner in the 95th minute. Oh Hamburg.

26 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Also most of the players at Bielfele and heidi hi are 82 already so not much of a jump. there is 1 player but he is 1.2m at 77 rated.

13 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Top 2 go up, 3rd place plays 16th in Bundesliga in a play-off. Hamburg almost made it to a playoff vs Bremen - would have been a tasty derby, but they Hamburged it up yesterday. Heidenheim lost 3-0 to Arminia, Hamburg win/draw would have had them in the play-off, they got thrashed 5-1 to 10th placed Sandhausen instead.

Former Hamburg RB Dennis Diekmeier scored the 5th. Only his second professional goal -  his first came last month. You couldn't write it. 

Game before this, Hamburg lost to Heidenheim 2-1. Heidenheim scored the winner in the 95th minute. Oh Hamburg.

I know a lot of countries have the same method but I’ve always felt that this system is slightly biased.

15 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

I know a lot of countries have the same method but I’ve always felt that this system is slightly biased.

Fair enough. Since introduced in 2009, only two of the ten third placed teams have won the play-off (Dusseldorf in 2011-12 and Union Berlin last year).

On the other hand, I found play-offs from 3rd to 6th placed teams unfair. For example this season in the Champ, Leeds and West Brom look like they have top two wrapped up. But if Brentford somehow pip WBA (possible) - or even if they don't, they probably deserve promotion more than the 6th placed team.

Last year I know Leeds bottled it but they still deserved it more than Derby. When you count morale (3rd placed team likely to be deflated, 6th placed will be more confident), it's skewed.

At least in Germany, 3rd place gets a chance over two legs. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Fair enough. Since introduced in 2009, only two of the ten third placed teams have won the play-off (Dusseldorf in 2011-12 and Union Berlin last year).

On the other hand, I found play-offs from 3rd to 6th placed teams unfair. For example this season in the Champ, Leeds and West Brom look like they have top two wrapped up. But if Brentford somehow pip WBA (possible) - or even if they don't, they probably deserve promotion more than the 6th placed team.

Last year I know Leeds bottled it but they still deserved it more than Derby. When you count morale (3rd placed team likely to be deflated, 6th placed will be more confident), it's skewed.

At least in Germany, 3rd place gets a chance over two legs. 

Yeah that is true, I suppose there are pros and cons to both.

Leeds should of got promoted last season but at the same time the championship is probably one of the most unforgiving leagues in the world for getting punished if you lose form.

Least in the Championship you get to play against teams in the same division, you would think that Werder must really fancy there chances of staying up now playing against a team in the league below.

45 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Yeah that is true, I suppose there are pros and cons to both.

Leeds should of got promoted last season but at the same time the championship is probably one of the most unforgiving leagues in the world for getting punished if you lose form.

Least in the Championship you get to play against teams in the same division, you would think that Werder must really fancy there chances of staying up now playing against a team in the league below.

I am slightly biased the other way as My AFC Wimbledon snuck into the play offs in the last available place, then went on to win it from 7th in the league! It is still the only season since we have been back in the league that we have finished higher than 15th, and we have been back in the league 9 seasons now. Last few have been nail biters (last season we needed a draw at Bradford and got a 0-0, this year we became "safe" and there were still 9 or so matches left! probably counts as the most games left in a season and we were not in danger of relegation.But I admit finishing 3rd is tough in Championship!

48 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

I am slightly biased the other way as My AFC Wimbledon snuck into the play offs in the last available place, then went on to win it from 7th in the league! It is still the only season since we have been back in the league that we have finished higher than 15th, and we have been back in the league 9 seasons now. Last few have been nail biters (last season we needed a draw at Bradford and got a 0-0, this year we became "safe" and there were still 9 or so matches left! probably counts as the most games left in a season and we were not in danger of relegation.But I admit finishing 3rd is tough in Championship!

Haha good to have Wimbledon back in the football league to be fair, they were always one of those teams that were in the premier league when I grew up with the likes of Vinnie Jones, Neil Sullivan and Robbie Earle.

3 minutes ago, gAv Gav said:

Ruben Dias or Caglar Soyuncu?

Caglar Soyuncu

4 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hello forumers! Let's start the week with some Brazilian samba, saudade and predictions for our favourite game. :D

Bring on the axe' !

As I've mentioned before, I do not have a sense of what Brazil might yield this year. Good on you, thanks for having a go!

Maybe you will find the next Neymar? Ronaldinho? Kaka? Xavi? ... or even a David Luiz 😣?

1 hour ago, ahatter1 said:

Bring on the axe' !

As I've mentioned before, I do not have a sense of what Brazil might yield this year. Good on you, thanks for having a go!

Maybe you will find the next Neymar? Ronaldinho? Kaka? Xavi? ... or even a David Luiz 😣?

Well, something in between would be good enough... :D

PS: Xavi is Spanish ;)

Money not being the issue, who is the better buy, Zakaria or Ndidi or Soyuncu or Partey? I want him for squad building, the cbs and cdms are old in that team.

image.png.46bff109ab7d640c38196ddd183bccaf.pngWho among these should I go for?