Rahul W's rating predictions

15 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

I know a lot of countries have the same method but I’ve always felt that this system is slightly biased.

Fair enough. Since introduced in 2009, only two of the ten third placed teams have won the play-off (Dusseldorf in 2011-12 and Union Berlin last year).

On the other hand, I found play-offs from 3rd to 6th placed teams unfair. For example this season in the Champ, Leeds and West Brom look like they have top two wrapped up. But if Brentford somehow pip WBA (possible) - or even if they don't, they probably deserve promotion more than the 6th placed team.

Last year I know Leeds bottled it but they still deserved it more than Derby. When you count morale (3rd placed team likely to be deflated, 6th placed will be more confident), it's skewed.

At least in Germany, 3rd place gets a chance over two legs. 

• Replies 41.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Fair enough. Since introduced in 2009, only two of the ten third placed teams have won the play-off (Dusseldorf in 2011-12 and Union Berlin last year).

On the other hand, I found play-offs from 3rd to 6th placed teams unfair. For example this season in the Champ, Leeds and West Brom look like they have top two wrapped up. But if Brentford somehow pip WBA (possible) - or even if they don't, they probably deserve promotion more than the 6th placed team.

Last year I know Leeds bottled it but they still deserved it more than Derby. When you count morale (3rd placed team likely to be deflated, 6th placed will be more confident), it's skewed.

At least in Germany, 3rd place gets a chance over two legs. 

Yeah that is true, I suppose there are pros and cons to both.

Leeds should of got promoted last season but at the same time the championship is probably one of the most unforgiving leagues in the world for getting punished if you lose form.

Least in the Championship you get to play against teams in the same division, you would think that Werder must really fancy there chances of staying up now playing against a team in the league below.

45 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Yeah that is true, I suppose there are pros and cons to both.

Leeds should of got promoted last season but at the same time the championship is probably one of the most unforgiving leagues in the world for getting punished if you lose form.

Least in the Championship you get to play against teams in the same division, you would think that Werder must really fancy there chances of staying up now playing against a team in the league below.

I am slightly biased the other way as My AFC Wimbledon snuck into the play offs in the last available place, then went on to win it from 7th in the league! It is still the only season since we have been back in the league that we have finished higher than 15th, and we have been back in the league 9 seasons now. Last few have been nail biters (last season we needed a draw at Bradford and got a 0-0, this year we became "safe" and there were still 9 or so matches left! probably counts as the most games left in a season and we were not in danger of relegation.But I admit finishing 3rd is tough in Championship!

48 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

I am slightly biased the other way as My AFC Wimbledon snuck into the play offs in the last available place, then went on to win it from 7th in the league! It is still the only season since we have been back in the league that we have finished higher than 15th, and we have been back in the league 9 seasons now. Last few have been nail biters (last season we needed a draw at Bradford and got a 0-0, this year we became "safe" and there were still 9 or so matches left! probably counts as the most games left in a season and we were not in danger of relegation.But I admit finishing 3rd is tough in Championship!

Haha good to have Wimbledon back in the football league to be fair, they were always one of those teams that were in the premier league when I grew up with the likes of Vinnie Jones, Neil Sullivan and Robbie Earle.

3 minutes ago, gAv Gav said:

Ruben Dias or Caglar Soyuncu?

Caglar Soyuncu

4 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hello forumers! Let's start the week with some Brazilian samba, saudade and predictions for our favourite game. :D

Bring on the axe' !

As I've mentioned before, I do not have a sense of what Brazil might yield this year. Good on you, thanks for having a go!

Maybe you will find the next Neymar? Ronaldinho? Kaka? Xavi? ... or even a David Luiz 😣?

1 hour ago, ahatter1 said:

Bring on the axe' !

As I've mentioned before, I do not have a sense of what Brazil might yield this year. Good on you, thanks for having a go!

Maybe you will find the next Neymar? Ronaldinho? Kaka? Xavi? ... or even a David Luiz 😣?

Well, something in between would be good enough... :D

PS: Xavi is Spanish ;)

42 minutes ago, Arun said:

Money not being the issue, who is the better buy, Zakaria or Ndidi or Soyuncu or Partey? I want him for squad building, the cbs and cdms are old in that team.

image.png.46bff109ab7d640c38196ddd183bccaf.pngWho among these should I go for?

Soyuncu will probably be the quickest to rise, I can see him rising to 91 within the next 6 months.

Ndidi/Soyuncu, Partey, Felix, Klostermann, Zakaria.

43 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The recent must buy Quaresma or Tapsoba. 

Tapsoba.

I was just checking some keepers and i see that Aitor Fernandez (levante , spanish league) is showing some really impressive keeperstats .

see for example https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/02/25/5e5506ef22601d02078b4568.html

He is currently only rated 87 . In their win over real madrid he was man of the match .
Knowing that he is currently playing for levante and that he might leave to athletic bilbao in the summer transfer window , what do you guys think soccerwiki might upgrade him to in the next review ?

9 hours ago, Nameless said:

Jonjoe Kenny or Holgate? Who will rise by how much? 

Holgate. Playing very regularly for a strong Everton side which should achieve good things under Ancelotti. 

6 hours ago, gAv Gav said:

Ruben Dias or Caglar Soyuncu?

Soyuncu for the league that he is playing in. Dias perhaps for the higher potential ceiling although he definitely needs a move to improve his ratings faster.

3 hours ago, Arun said:

Money not being the issue, who is the better buy, Zakaria or Ndidi or Soyuncu or Partey? I want him for squad building, the cbs and cdms are old in that team.

Ndidi (age + regular for Leicester that's playing well) > Klostermann (regular for Leipzig that's doing pretty good in Bundesliga and German international) > Soyuncu (see comments for Ndidi) > Felix (lots of potential, getting better at Atletico Madrid) in my view. If Partey is going to be a starter then grab him too. 

1 hour ago, topofthebilly said:

I was just checking some keepers and i see that Aitor Fernandez (levante , spanish league) is showing some really impressive keeperstats .

see for example https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/02/25/5e5506ef22601d02078b4568.html

He is currently only rated 87 . In their win over real madrid he was man of the match .
Knowing that he is currently playing for levante and that he might leave to athletic bilbao in the summer transfer window , what do you guys think soccerwiki might upgrade him to in the next review ?

That article is an interesting read that’s for sure, I would guess that he would probably get a +1 based off those stats.

Levante are capped at 88 so he won’t go any higher than that, they are also mid table currently which could damage his chances of getting an increase.

12 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

Henrikh Mkhitaryan was bland at Arsenal and dropped to 89, but seems to have regained life while on loan at Roma. Six goals and four assists in 20 appearances. A wee chance of a +1 due to his resurgence? (I'm borderline on this one.)

Probably not just yet, I think his age may play a factor and his slow decline in SM over the last couple of years.

I know there’s talk about a permanent move with Kluivert going the other way.

If Mkhitaryan can continue his form next season then he may see a rise in the winter.

11 minutes ago, JOE GI said:

Kaderabek +1?.

No 

12 hours ago, Andrius K said:

Cristian Romero to rise?

+1 is possible yes, but as Genoa are struggling it is no guarantee 

12 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Goalkeeper Tommaso Berni got sent off for the second time in his Inter career last night.

Which is impressive because he’s never made an appearance for the club 😂

Legend

11 hours ago, Arun said:

If Partey will be a starter then him, otherwise Ndidi

7 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Ah, he is Basque. Unlikely he will move to Bilbao because they have Unai Simon, but it's a transfer that is possible if/once Simon leaves.

He could get 88 yes. 

5 hours ago, ahatter1 said:

Henrikh Mkhitaryan was bland at Arsenal and dropped to 89, but seems to have regained life while on loan at Roma. Six goals and four assists in 20 appearances. A wee chance of a +1 due to his resurgence? (I'm borderline on this one.)

Stay

5 hours ago, JOE GI said:

Kaderabek +1?.

No

3 hours ago, Carzlos2 said:

Odegaard or Ferran Torres?

What is better? I must change my Ferran in a Odegaard?

Oooh, interesting question. Both are 90+ player players, I think Ferran will get there first as he will leave Valencia soon. Although depends where. I'd keep Ferran.