• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

OK so we are going to hit the 1000 page very soon. How about a look back at SM over the years.

I would like to hear your favourite thing about SM

Your worst thing about SM or what you miss most since you started playing

Your best transfer and reason why.

Your worst transfer and reason

I miss the in game chat messaging

Best transfer - can't really remember a specific one.

Worst - selling Carlos Soler to external when he was 78 rated. In a highly competitive GW. Misjudged that one badly.

2 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Nice doing some nice business (pun partially intended)

Got no reactions left somehow but this made me chuckle 😂

6 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

OK so we are going to hit the 1000 page very soon. How about a look back at SM over the years.

Easy!

10k risers 🙂

Just now, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Mine are

this thread, so much hard and selfless work put in to raise awareness and enjoyment of the game.

this thread when we get stuck in a "my team are better than your team", or this player is better than your best player arguments/bitching. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just dont try and change somebody elses opinion (even if they are in your mind completey wrong!) As mentioned before I miss the live chat you had in the old days. Instant transfer deals possible.

Cerique washington. a then 33 year old 88 rated Brazilian CF he banged in nearly a goal a game for my Ipswich for 3 seasons and got me up to the top flight. Only missed out in play offs first season as he was injured. Also happy to have got J Vardy when he was added to database following his move from Fleetwood?

Soo many bad ones, mainly older large rated players who then go down in rating, then retire before you can sell them. De rossi with his brief move to Brazil springs to mind, 90 rated and old, then a move , drop, then retired and he played like a lame dog for me as well.

15 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Mine are

this thread, so much hard and selfless work put in to raise awareness and enjoyment of the game.

this thread when we get stuck in a "my team are better than your team", or this player is better than your best player arguments/bitching. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just dont try and change somebody elses opinion (even if they are in your mind completey wrong!) As mentioned before I miss the live chat you had in the old days. Instant transfer deals possible.

Cerique washington. a then 33 year old 88 rated Brazilian CF he banged in nearly a goal a game for my Ipswich for 3 seasons and got me up to the top flight. Only missed out in play offs first season as he was injured. Also happy to have got J Vardy when he was added to database following his move from Fleetwood?

Soo many bad ones, mainly older large rated players who then go down in rating, then retire before you can sell them. De rossi with his brief move to Brazil springs to mind, 90 rated and old, then a move , drop, then retired and he played like a lame dog for me as well.

I appreciate that very much :) 

Vardy at that time is an excellent buy!

For one I got Ndombele when he was added on database at Amiens, quite happy with that. Also bought Raphinha at Vitoria when he was 78. Nice to see these investments two three years ago blossom (even tho I'm no longer there).

17 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Got no reactions left somehow but this made me chuckle 😂

Easy!

10k risers 🙂

:D 

42 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Favourite thing - Keeps my football knowledge ticking.

Miss: There were data's of how much points you accumulated with one club, wins, losses, trophies for that one club individually. 

Can't remember playing for too long. 

Selling or not buying Mbappe when he was virtually unknown only coz I saw few games and didn't like his showboating. I still remember I sold Mbappe for 2.4m and bought Vlahovic of Fiorentina. 

13 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Yeah I also read that V. Guimaraes were interested on sky sports news, I think it just depends on wether he wants to go abroad or not.

Do you reckon he has a good shot at first team football with Guimaraes?

Great plan from Guimarães...Marcus Edwards is the first and best example, problably will move back to England for 15/20 maybe 25 millions. Huge for Guimarães, very cheap for english clubs.

Yep absolutely

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Favourite=The interactions you can have with people

Worst= You can't block transfers for your players (They had that feature but removed it)

Best transfer= I bought Salah for Ramsey+ Sanchez( When he was still good)

Worst transfer in the same gw= I sold Firmino for Milner+Ramsey (Although I did win the league with them and I used Ramsey for buying Salah)

10 hours ago, gAv Gav said:

Looking at my squad below, I want to sign Fabinho. Which player should I sell to bring him in? (Has to be at least £14m in value). Oh and I play 4-2-3-1. Appreciate any help :)

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 22.45.24.png

I've had an update on this, two teams are rivalling me for Fabinho.

Should I do Stones and Gundogan for Fabinho? 

I can probably get a back up defender in to like Konrad Laimer.

Best transfer: Mbappe when someone had renamed an old/retired player. When the transfer was reversed I was dreading that I'd end up missing out on the actual Mbappe but thankfully my league honoured the initial transfer and let me have a free run. Nowadays, it is pretty much impossible to have a free run at any player as at least three or four teams end up bidding on new players in my league.

In terms of player swaps with managed clubs there are a few.

• Getting Antoine Griezmann in 2014 for £12M and Lars Bender
  • Getting Raheem Sterling in 2015 for Alexandre Lacazette and Andre Gomes
  • Getting Toni Kroos, David Alaba and Joshua Kimmich in 2017 for Lionel Messi, Serge Aurier and Marco Benassi (just exchanged Kimmich for Alexander-Arnold and Bellingham so hopefully that is another deal that will go well)
  • Getting Christian Pulisic in 2019 for Sergi Roberto (still early days on this one but signs look promising)

Worst transfer: Swapping Cristiano Ronaldo for Luke Shaw in 2014. I had Messi at the time and Ronaldo's stats were terrible so thought I'd try and get my leftback sorted for a decade. Couldn't have gone worse really but I did use Shaw in part exchange with a few other rejects for Jadon Sancho so kinda worked in the long run.

5 hours ago, TMCosta said:

Great plan from Guimarães...Marcus Edwards is the first and best example, problably will move back to England for 15/20 maybe 25 millions. Huge for Guimarães, very cheap for english clubs.

Yep absolutely

I think English players should be encouraged to go abroad, too many are happy to stay in the EPL on 100’s of thousands a week not getting enough first team experience.

Sancho is probably the best example of someone wanting to better themselves by moving and being successful.

Angel Gomes would be someone who could benefit from moving to a Germany or somewhere like that now that he’s been released by United.

4 hours ago, gAv Gav said:

I've had an update on this, two teams are rivalling me for Fabinho.

Should I do Stones and Gundogan for Fabinho? 

I can probably get a back up defender in to like Konrad Laimer.

Yeah I would still go for Fabinho over the duo.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:29 AM, Toby S said:

Hi all with brazilian league in review i thought I'd share brazilian youth players i have in my team that either did well in the U17 World Cup recently(ish) or were suggested for me to buy on here. I presume that some of them will get upgrades but can't confirm:

Talles Magno (18) - Vasco De Gama

Kai Jorge (18) - Santos

Damasceno Renyer (16) - Santos

Gabriel Veron (obvious one)(17) - Palmeiras

Vinicius Tobias (16) - SC Internacional

Miguel Silveira (17) - Fluminense 70 -> 73 today

If anyone picks these guys up I hope they get upgraded :D 

4 hours ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Looking back 14 years ... Favorite thing by far are posts and threads that showcase new talent, the 75`s that grow season by season into 95`s. Worst thing is the frequency by which very weak unmanaged opponent`s keepers win Man of the Match and lose me the game! Too many transfers to recall ... It`s been great fun, gentlemen!

57 minutes ago, NickTheBiz said:

Alguém se lembra do jogador brasileiro aleatório de 5 ou 6 anos atrás. Ele tinha 60 anos, mas 24 ou 25 anos e acho que, quando revisado, foi direto para a classificação dos anos 80. Quem era ele? Jogador do Coritiba, eu acho.

Qual foi o maior aumento que você viu ou recebeu de um de seus jogadores?

My biggest increase was recently, Terem MOFFI + 20

1 hour ago, NickTheBiz said:

Does anyone remember the random Brazilian player from 5 or 6 years ago.  He was rated 60 but 24 or 25 years of age and I think when reviewed went straight up to 80's rating.  Who was he?  Coritiba player I think.

What's the biggest rise you've seen or received for one of your players?

Mazola was +23. I think 60 to 83.

Congrats on 1000 pages hahaha.

Currently cutting my squad down and need some advice. Which of these would you keep for upgrades / future potential? None really playing a part in my team at the moment:

Ibrahima Konate

Samuel Chukwueze

Junior Firpo

Fikayo Tomori 

Dan James

Moise Kean

Donyell Malen

Jeff Reine Adelaide

David Brooks

Francisco Ferro

Elif Elmas

Matheus Cunha