Chinese Super League

Rahul W

2017 Chinese Super League- Overseas Players

Beijing Guoan

• Renato Augusto (Brazil) M(C),AM(RLC), 28 years old, 88 rated
  • Teles Ralf (Brazil) DM(C), 32 years old, 87 rated
  • Burak Yilmaz (Turkey) F(RLC), 31 years old, 90 rated
  • Igor Krimets (Uzbekistan) D,DM(C), 24 years old, 80 rated (on loan from Pakhtakor)

Changchun Yatai (CHECK AGAIN)

• Costa Marinho (Brazil) AM,F(RL), 26 years old, 83 rated
  • Bruno Meneghel (Brazil) F(RLC), 29 years old, 78 rated
  • Mislav Orsic (Croatia) AM,F(RLC), 24 years old, 82 rated
  • Anzur Ismailov (Uzbekistan) D(C), 31 years old, 80 rated
  • Jack Sealy (Hong Kong) D,DM,M(R), 29 years old, 77 rated

Chongqing Lian

• Emanuel Gigliotti (Argentina) F(C), 29 years old, 86 rated
  • Conceicao Fernandinho (Brazil) AM(RLC),F(RL), 23 years old, 78 rated
  • Alan Kardec (Brazil) F(C), 28 years old, 87 rated
  • Goran Milovic (Croatia) D(C), 27 years old, 84 rated
  • Woo-Young Jung (South Korea), 27 years old, 82 rated

Guanzhou Evergrande

• Carvalho Alan (Brazil) AM,F(RLC), 27 years old, 86 rated
  • Ricardo Goulart (Brazil) AM,F(C), 25 years old, 88 rated
  • Junior Paulinho (Brazil) DM,M,AM(C), 28 years old, 89 rated
  • Jackson Martinez (Colombia) F(RLC), 30 years old, 91 rated
  • Hyung-il Kim (South Korea) D(C), 32 years old, 83 rated
  • Young-Gwon Kim (South Korea) D(C), 26 years old, 84 rated

I'm a complete novice knowing how to rate CSL players. What's the GENERAL Feeling about squad caps. Will TOP RATED players such as Oscar or Diego Costa (IF he moves) be reduced in rating & value by SM. Overall feeling, is it a waste of great players in SM terms?

Ps Would you think the above players are not Top, Top quality in this category & Squad Caps would mostly apply (?), just very interesting how SM will value CSL

15 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

I'm a complete novice knowing how to rate CSL players. What's the GENERAL Feeling about squad caps. Will TOP RATED players such as Oscar or Diego Costa (IF he moves) be reduced in rating & value by SM. Overall feeling, is it a waste of great players in SM terms?

Ps Would you think the above players are not Top, Top quality in this category & Squad Caps would mostly apply (?), just very interesting how SM will value CSL

I've not finished the OP myself btw, but

There are some class players in the CSL and there are some low rated not-so-great players

SM have not touched the ratings since the exodus started a year ago, they haven't even reviewed the CSL, which makes me have some doubts. Some of those players should have dropped regardless of the CSL move.

I think the game has a lot of Chinese managers and they may not want to anger them by dropping ratings like a ball. Who knows.

they have never dropped any top player who has moved to China

Demba Ba was there over 18 months, never dropped

IMO, it would be unfair, as they earnt these ratings in tougher leagues, and dominate the CSL in most cases, so why should they automatically drop? I think the CSL should be an anomaly and players should have the benefit of the doubt in keeping ratings. Most still turn out for National sides, some even improve and have become more key to the NT! see Brazil for example, its revived players like Gil, Renato Augusto & Paulinho

Hope they get around to reviewing the Chinese league soon. Mikel and Oscar should 100% drop, not because they went to China, but because they didn't deserve to hold onto their ratings in the last Prem review. Oscar keeping his 92 was a disgrace! A guy who barely played for half a year yet players like Kante and Coutinho play out their skins most weeks just to be on par with him. They were so quick to drop Schweinsteiger for lack of minutes they dropped the poor dude 2, just because of a few grey hairs. Sm ageism at it's finest! Any star player who moves to China is doing it for one reason and one reason only- money! I hope Oscar, Hulk, Witsel and the rest all drop. Wanna play in a weak league, then take a weaker rating. Must be so hard for players like Hulk to standout in China playing alongside a bunch of rice farmers. I don't care if they score 100 goals in 20 games, they're sell outs who gave up on their career for money. 

On 26/01/2017 at 6:13 PM, Soccahappy said:
14 hours ago, -JMH- said:

they have never dropped any top player who has moved to China

Demba Ba was there over 18 months, never dropped

IMO, it would be unfair, as they earnt these ratings in tougher leagues, and dominate the CSL in most cases, so why should they automatically drop? I think the CSL should be an anomaly and players should have the benefit of the doubt in keeping ratings. Most still turn out for National sides, some even improve and have become more key to the NT! see Brazil for example, its revived players like Gil, Renato Augusto & Paulinho

Some players should have dropped regardless of the move eg. Oscar, Mikel.

Some players should drop based on the CSL performance- Gervinho, Jackson Martinez, Lavezzi, 

Grey area obviously but lack of a rating cap is annoying.