TRANSFER WINDOW WATCHOUT: January Series 2008

Re: TRANSFER WINDOW WATCHOUT: January Series 2008

Derby County are looking at Macedonian international Vlade Lazarevski.

new_crest_large_460x460.jpg

The 24-year-old defender is understood to have arrived in England this week and is now training with The Rams.

Lazarevski is currently playing in Poland with Dyskobolia of Groclin but he is eager to make the move to England.

Derby boss Paul Jewell has already stated his desire to build for the long-term and Lazarevski could be an option.

Liverpool Lose Hope With Milan Star Kaladze

Rafael Benitez feels Liverpool have missed out on the chance to sign Milan defender Kakha Kaladze.

The Reds boss is expected to strengthen his defence in the New Year and Kaladze had been a top target.

But Benitez has suggested that he will no longer be able to bring the Georgian to Anfield when the transfer window reopens.

"I don't think we will be able to sign Kaladze now," said Benitez in the News of the World. "That opportunity has passed."

Instead, reports claim Benitez will look to push through the signing of Czech Republic international Tomas Ujfalusi from Fiorentina.

Ujfalusi is out of contract at the end of the season and his agent has admitted it is '50-50' regarding his chances of staying in Serie A.

Liverpool's interest in the centre-half has been confirmed and he could head to the Premier League in a cut-price deal in the New Year.

Milan To Bid For Drogba - Report

According to Italian sports daily Tuttosport, Milan are set to offer Chelsea 30 million Euros for the services of Didier Drogba.

With the never-ending problems concerning Ronaldo continuing, the Rossoneri are looking around in the market to find a striker of the highest level in order to have a deadly attack line for next season.

With Pato being hailed as the new best striker in the world by president Silvio Berlusconi and coach Carlo Ancelotti, Milan now want a partner for him and Kaka.

According to the latest speculation coming from Italy, the world club champions are preparing a bid of 30m for the services of Drogba, who has often been linked to a move to Milan in the past seasons.

The fact that the striker wants to play in the Olympics in August has already upset the Chelsea bosses, and there has also been plenty of fallout from his volatile comments following Jose Mourinho's departure - something that has upset Roman Abramovich personally.

Then of course, there is the issue of his current injury, with the Ivorian insisting on an immediate operation as opposed to soldiering on for a couple of weeks.

Both parties are unhappy with the way things have panned out over the last couple of months. While all that has been brushed under the carpet for now, it will all be discussed in detail over the summer, and a move away from Stamford Bridge is very much possible.

With Amauri not for sale according to Palermo's director of sports, Rino Foschi, signing the Ivorian seems like the only way for Milan to bring in a player who can guarantee a number of matches per season, unlike Ronaldo, who has featured just once in the last 6 months.

Well this happened a while ago but Adriano joined Sao Paulo on a long term loan deal. Here is the report -

RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Troubled Inter Milan striker Adriano is to join Sao Paulo on a six-month loan, the Brazilian champions said on Wednedsay.

"(Sao Paulo) concluded with Inter Milan the loan of striker Adriano until June 30, 2008," the club said on their Web site (http://www.saopaulofc.net).

The 25-year-old Brazilian, once the most feared striker in Serie A, has hardly featured for Inter in the last two seasons after battling fitness and reported alcohol problems.

The move came one month after the powerhouse striker began a fitness and psychological recovery programme at Sao Paulo's training centre.

He is the second big name to return to South American soccer looking to revive his career in the last month after Argentina's Boca Juniors re-signed Juan Roman Riquelme from Villarreal.

"I'm very happy with this deal," Adriano was quoted as saying. "Since my first day at the club, everyone has treated me very well.

"It will be an honour to win titles for this club. I'm going to work very hard for this and to return to the Brazil team."

Adriano has played only one international since his much-criticised performance at the 2006 World Cup. Previously, he was regarded as having a safe place in the national side along with Robinho and Kaka.

Adriano was linked with a move away from the San Siro in the European close season but refused to go out on loan despite interest from former club Parma and Premier League West Ham United.

If all goes well, Adriano will lead the Sao Paulo attack in the South American Libertadores Cup, the region's equivalent of the Champions League, which will be held in the first half of next year.

Sao Paulo have won the Brazilian championship for the last two years, were Libertadores winners in 2005 and runners-up last year.

Speed Set For Blades Deal

Bolton midfielder Gary Speed may be leaving to join the Blades on the 1st of January.

The clubs have reached an agreement that that may lead to a permanent deal. The former Wales international should be in contention for the Blades' Coca Cola Championship fixture at Wolves on New Year's Day.

The 38-year-old had earlier admitted he may have to leave the Reebok Stadium in order to prolong his career because of a lack of first-team opportunities.

Speed had been linked with a move to Bramall Lane earlier this season and United manager Bryan Robson said: "I tried to get Gary before the season started but Bolton wouldn't release him.

"Since then I spoke to (former manager) Sammy Lee before deadline day and then Gary Megson but got the same answer so it has been an ongoing thing."

Robson added that he had tried to sign Speed while he was manager at Middlesbrough during which time the player was at Everton and Newcastle United but failed.

Well this happened a while ago but Adriano joined Sao Paulo on a long term loan deal. Here is the report -

RIO DE JANEIRO' date=' Dec 19 (Reuters) - Troubled Inter Milan striker Adriano is to join Sao Paulo on a six-month loan, the Brazilian champions said on Wednedsay.

"(Sao Paulo) concluded with Inter Milan the loan of striker Adriano until June 30, 2008," the club said on their Web site ([url']http://www.saopaulofc.net)[/url].

The 25-year-old Brazilian, once the most feared striker in Serie A, has hardly featured for Inter in the last two seasons after battling fitness and reported alcohol problems.

The move came one month after the powerhouse striker began a fitness and psychological recovery programme at Sao Paulo's training centre.

He is the second big name to return to South American soccer looking to revive his career in the last month after Argentina's Boca Juniors re-signed Juan Roman Riquelme from Villarreal.

"I'm very happy with this deal," Adriano was quoted as saying. "Since my first day at the club, everyone has treated me very well.

"It will be an honour to win titles for this club. I'm going to work very hard for this and to return to the Brazil team."

Adriano has played only one international since his much-criticised performance at the 2006 World Cup. Previously, he was regarded as having a safe place in the national side along with Robinho and Kaka.

Adriano was linked with a move away from the San Siro in the European close season but refused to go out on loan despite interest from former club Parma and Premier League West Ham United.

If all goes well, Adriano will lead the Sao Paulo attack in the South American Libertadores Cup, the region's equivalent of the Champions League, which will be held in the first half of next year.

Sao Paulo have won the Brazilian championship for the last two years, were Libertadores winners in 2005 and runners-up last year.

it had been said that ronaldo and adriano both got caught partying in brazil

Well this is bit old but I will post it anyway-

Man United Sign Striker Manucho

Manchester United have agreed to sign 24-year-old Angolan forward Manucho.

The striker, who has been on trial at the club, will join from Angolan side Petro Athletico on a three-year deal.

"We have had Manucho here for a three-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a contract," said boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a tall, agile, quick forward and through contacts that Carlos (Queiroz) has, was brought to our attention around six months ago."

Manucho, whose real name is Mateus Alberto Contreiras Goncalves, arrives at Old Trafford in January subject to a work permit.

He joins Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and Dong Fangzhou in United's striking department.

Ferguson has ruled out another move to tempt Swedish striker Henrik Larsson back to Old Trafford.

The 36-year-old Swede scored three goals in 13 games during a successful three-month loan 12 months ago and resisted the chance to stay longer, keeping to his promise of returning to home-town club Helsingborgs.

"Henrik promised his family back then he would go home," Ferguson added.

"He honoured it, and we honoured it. It would be an interesting one, obviously - but I don't think so.

"At this time of year, it is always difficult to get the players you would like to get.

"You look at the criteria of playing in European football. That is not easy."

Liverpool snap up teenager Cooper

Liverpool have signed Ross County's highly-rated teenager Alex Cooper in a £100,000 deal.

The 16-year-old winger, who has won caps for Scotland at junior level and was a target for Chelsea, is the son of former Aberdeen star Neale Cooper.

Cooper has signed a contract with the Anfield club until 2011.

His father Neale, said: "He could have gone to one or two other clubs but he just loved the way he was treated by Liverpool when he was there."

Man City agree Castillo loan deal

Manchester City have agreed to sign Mexico striker Nery Castillo on a year-long loan from Shakhtar Donetsk.

Castillo only moved to the Ukraine in the summer in a £15m move from Greek side Olympiacos but he has failed to hold down a starting place.

The 23-year-old will join the City squad on 1 January.

"Nery's desire to make this deal happen was extraordinary - he has paid most of the loan fee himself," said City chief executive Alistair Mackintosh.

"This proves how much he wants to play for Manchester City in the Premier League.

"We are excited and delighted that another young established international has joined the club."

City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, who was initially linked to Castillo before the Mexican joined Donetsk, has seen his side struggle up front this season despite their lofty position in the Premier League table.

Rolando Bianchi, an £8m summer signing, has failed to hold down a regular place and Darius Vassell, Georgios Samaras and Emile Mpenza have scored only three times between them.

Despite his failure to make an impact with Donetsk, Castillo arrives at Eastlands with an impressive reputation.

He scored four goals to help Mexico reach the semi-finals of the 2007 Copa America and managed 12 goals in 25 games - including three goals in six Champions League matches - in his final season with Olympiacos in Greece.

Adam Eckersley joins Port Vale

The 22-year-old defender, who had a loan spell at Vale Park cut short in October because of a knee injury, has moved to Vale Park on a permanent deal.

"They told me before my injury they would like to renew my loan, and obviously with the injury I couldn't come back for six weeks, but I believe we have a got a good chance of staying up in League One and I am happy to be back, it is a good club with good people here," Eckerskey told Vale's official website.

"I was disappointed when I had to go back injured, but then again, that's football for you. Injuries are just part of the game and I picked myself up from that and will just carry on.

"My knee feels strong now and I just need to get my fitness back because I haven't played for six weeks, but once I get back training I should be fine.

"I will try my best for the team and obviously I am a defender so I will try to help out as regards the team not conceding goals.

"It is a new thing for me. I have been at Manchester United since I was 9 years old and I have left there now, so I just want to get on with my career and hopefully play senior football over the next couple of years."

MEGSON HINTS AT ANELKA EXIT

Bolton boss Gary Megson has given the clearest indication yet that he may be forced to sell star striker Nicolas Anelka this month.

The France forward has been linked with a transfer-window move to Chelsea or Manchester City and Megson revealed he already has contingency plans in place should the 28-year-old leave.

"I don't have to sell anybody to bring people in and there haven't been any offers for Nicolas Anelka," Megson said in the Daily Express.

"But there is no point in Nicolas coming out and saying he will stay here because if Real Madrid suddenly offer to pay him £25million a year, that changes everything.

"We have got a list of players we would like to bring in, though, and we have contingency plans for every position.

"We do know the players we would like to bring in if certain things happen. However, the timescale depends on whether a certain person is allowed to leave us."

Megson believes the chances of Anelka - who signed a new four-year contract earlier this season - departing could depend on the "domino effect" of other January activity, such as Dimitar Berbatov quitting Tottenham.

"Will Berbatov moving have a big impact on the transfer market?" Megson reasoned.

"Well, somebody, somewhere will do a big deal and once that happens it can set off a domino effect.

"At the moment, people will be saying certain players are not available.

"But once they start doing business elsewhere it tends to have a knock-on effect."

Just BTW this is cut and pasted :P

Nicolas_Anelka_608675.jpg

Just when derby started to play some good football there comes a new hurdle in their path. One of their mian strikers Steve howard has left to Leicester Ctiy for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old will be available for the Coca-Cola Championship clash against QPR having initially joined on an emergency loan deal subject to Football League confirmation.

Howard has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal.

This is not very good news 4 Derby.........

Guest the plummer

Argentine frontman Emanuel Villa will fly to England later this week to finalise a move to Derby County, Rams manager Paul Jewell has confirmed.

The 25-year-old plays for UAG Tecos, who finished bottom of their 2007 group in Mexico's Premier Division.

"This is a deal we have almost completed. The player will be flying in later this week for a medical," Jewell told the club's official website.

"Barring any hitches he will sign for us," Jewell added.

The Rams manager has also confirmed the club are "99% certain" to sign a Premier League player this month.

Derby have already offloaded frontman Steve Howard to Championship Leicester as they look to rebuild their squad in a desperate bid to avoid relegation.

They are currently bottom of the Premier League, having amassed just seven points from 20 games.

ANELKA "WANTS" BLUES MOVE THIS MONTH!

Nicolas Anelka has revealed that he hopes to secure a move from Bolton to Chelsea.

The Frenchman has been strongly linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge as Chelsea look for striking reinforcements.

Blues boss Avram Grant confirmed on New Year's Day he is a big admirer of Anelka and refused to rule out a swoop for the former Arsenal and Real Madrid forward.

Bolton chief Gary Megson admitted he faced a fight to keep hold of his star striker and Anelka says he hopes a deal can be struck to allow him to move to West London.

Anelka claims talks are ongoing between the clubs and that he is interested in playing at the highest level with Chelsea.

Eriksson May Have To Swap To Land Crouch

crouch_gr.jpg

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has reportedly earmarked Liverpool striker Peter Crouch as his top January transfer target - but he may have to nehotiate a swap deal with the Anfield club to lasnd him.

The reported deal is expected to include Manchester city duo Johnson and Onuoha. The MEN describes Benitez as a 'known admirer' of City's Highly rated England Under-21 pair, Michael Johnson and Nedum Onuoha.

Sven-Goran Eriksson became a Peter Crouch fan when he was manager of England and selected the forward for the national team. Now he sees him as the player to give his promising City side an extra dimenbsion and a more consistent goal threat.

Eriksson has been tipped for weeks to be lining up a bid for Crouch, whose first-team opportunities at Liverpool have been restricted since the Anfield arrivals of Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin.

However, the Manchester Evening News suggests that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, who is known to be keen to bring in more new faces, and who (says the paper) has been told by his American bosses that he has very little money to spend this January, might favour a swap deal

________

R1100R