Soccerwiki and ratings

Is it just me, or are ratings now really inconsistent? It's been like that ever since SM let a bunch of random people influence ratings on SW. There's been some very generous ratings for young players and big names (people more likely to have them), while players like Javi Martinez or Ander Herrera often get left in the dust. Fanboyism, I guess. 

Your wrong. I have admined on SW and can tell you that ratings cannot be influenced. I keep seeing it brought up but i can tell you that Voting up and down or what ever the method is supposed to be, has no effect on the game what so ever, never has and never will.

Young players are generally lower rated, therefore inclined to rise. 

There is no age bias, or 'fanboy' influence on ratings. 

Its more of the case SM players read some stats or take the word of others on the forum as indicators of a rise/drop yet dont research deeper themselves. Cases can be argued in whether a rise shall or shall not happen.

SM has always been incompetent and inconsistent in reviews, players get missed, cases can be always made into why ratings changes occur or not

7 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Your wrong. I have admined on SW and can tell you that ratings cannot be influenced. I keep seeing it brought up but i can tell you that Voting up and down or what ever the method is supposed to be, has no effect on the game what so ever, never has and never will.

Young players are generally lower rated, therefore inclined to rise. 

There is no age bias, or 'fanboy' influence on ratings. 

Its more of the case SM players read some stats or take the word of others on the forum as indicators of a rise/drop yet dont research deeper themselves. Cases can be argued in whether a rise shall or shall not happen.

SM has always been incompetent and inconsistent in reviews, players get missed, cases can be always made into why ratings changes occur or not

Of course, my predictions are just a guide, but if you don't do research yourself it's your fault.