1. 1.

• stay at 93

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Fernando Torres - 96 -> 95 Torres > Rooney Torres' form > Rooney's form Torres rating > Rooney's rating /THREAD

Fernando Torres Deserves a 94/5 rating boost, In the last 5 seasons at La Liga there have only been 2 players to outscore him and that was Villa and Eto'o, and also being the youngest ever captain of

Re: José FERNANDO TORRES For now 96 I'd say would be good for him. I guess we'll see what the start of the season brings. Definitely has the potential to be a 97+ though.

Re: Fernando Torres - 96 -> 95

I think he shud stay

he's rated at 96 cause of wat he showed us against chelsea on sunday:D

One match wont affect him rising/keeping/dropping it is over a series of games' date=' i personally dont think hell drop, if he was to drop then so would Rooney and i really dont think they will drop him, on the other hand if he stays imo Drogba has to rise![/center']

27 goals or whatever it was last season for real madrid na thats terrible hes in the top 5 for sure

why would i be biased towards a german player when im welsh' date=' think about that one[/quote']

No he isn't.

If you think he is in the top 5 instead of Eto'o, Drogba, Milito, Villa, Forlan, Torres and Rooney than i seriously question your footballing knowledge. Higuain isn't near these players yet.

I didn't say you were being biased. But anyone who thinks Podolski deserves a ridiculous rise based on a decent world cup is absurd. He didn't even manage 5 goals for his club last season so why on earth does he deserve a 92/93?

No he isn't.

If you think he is in the top 5 instead of Eto'o' date=' Drogba, Milito, Villa, Forlan, Torres and Rooney than i seriously question your footballing knowledge. Higuain isn't near these players yet.

I didn't say you were being biased. But anyone who thinks Podolski deserves a ridiculous rise based on a decent world cup is absurd. He didn't even manage 5 goals for his club last season so why on earth does he deserve a 92/93?[/quote']

hes 6th then, ahead of milito and forlan

personaly i think he's a lazy player. not interested unless ball played to feet. also think his form is down to rafa benitez's inability to buy any decent players to help him. drop 1 for sure.

His job is to just finish. Why do u think they play him as a lone striker? It's the other players job to get the ball to his feet. He doesn't have to get involved in the buildup play.

Me for one... Typical forum reaction - Ratings aren't based on a single game.

If he sticks in at least 5 more performances between now and the EPL changs then it's a different matter.

Im not saying it because of one performance, when you started this thread, i said he didnt deserve to drop.

The point i was making was as soon as someone has lost a bit of form, some people think that the player should instantly drop a rating regardless of the situation, the guy (Torres) has had an absolute nightmare with injuries lately, and it has taken him time to recover, the only way he was going to recover was by PLAYING games, and he wasnt playing to the BEST of his ability in them games because he was still RECOVERING.

Now since the last two EPL fixtures, its been a different ALMOST FIT Torres, against Chelsea he had seemed to get that 'spring' back in his stride which we hadnt seen for a long time, hopefully it seems that he can stay free from anymore major injuries and ops, and then you'll be making threads such as 'Fernando Torres-96 -> 97'. :P:rolleyes:

It will take more than 3 goals I'm afraid.

His critics are 100% justified considering how apawlling he has been. 2 games is a start but no way is it enough yet.

How much more?

Torres has on average 1 goal every 151 minutes in all competitions. Drogba is only slightly better with 1 goal every 145 minutes. Both players have the same job' date=' to score goals... So why is it half of the forum are saying Torres should drop and Drogba should rise?

David Villa's got a WORSE goals/minute than Torres in all competitions this season with 155 minutes per goal on average. Is he due a drop? I can tell you this... both Drogba and Villa have had MUCH better players around them as well. Don't even get me started on Rooney...

You can argue Drogba offers a lot to the team as well as goals, I'm not doubting that, but with Villa that arguments not valid. Torres has got more assists than Villa this season with less game time in an arguably better league.

Yes Torres has had a poor season so far by his very high standards, but when you put it into perspective it isn't [i']that[/i] bad - it's a very similar goalscoring record to the player with a similar rating to him. If Torres was to drop, surely Rooney would have to drop 2? We all no that's not going to happen.

How much more?

Torres has on average 1 goal every 151 minutes in all competitions. Drogba is only slightly better with 1 goal every 145 minutes. Both players have the same job' date=' to score goals... So why is it half of the forum are saying Torres should drop and Drogba should rise?

David Villa's got a WORSE goals/minute than Torres in all competitions this season with 155 minutes per goal on average. Is he due a drop? I can tell you this... both Drogba and Villa have had MUCH better players around them as well. Don't even get me started on Rooney...

You can argue Drogba offers a lot to the team as well as goals, I'm not doubting that, but with Villa that arguments not valid. Torres has got more assists than Villa this season with less game time in an arguably better league.

Yes Torres has had a poor season so far by his very high standards, but when you put it into perspective it isn't [i']that[/i] bad - it's a very similar goalscoring record to the player with a similar rating to him. If Torres was to drop, surely Rooney would have to drop 2? We all no that's not going to happen.

rooney was one of the best players in the world last season and 5 bad games or so this season doesnt warrant a drop obviously, torres hasnt just been bad this season but he wasnt 96 material last season either, and even this season he has had 1 good game against chelsea and thats pretty much it, torres and ibra to drop to 95 rooney eto drogba villa to stay as they are, also gerrard to drop to 94

rooney was one of the best players in the world last season and 5 bad games or so this season doesnt warrant a drop obviously' date=' torres hasnt just been bad this season but he wasnt 96 material last season either, and even this season he has had 1 good game against chelsea and thats pretty much it, torres and ibra to drop to 95 rooney eto drogba villa to stay as they are, also gerrard to drop to 94[/quote']

Man Utd fan? How did I possibly guess. Not even gonna waste my time breaking that down and giving it a proper reply. I've wasted way too much time in the past trying to "debate" with you guys.

rooney was one of the best players in the world last season and 5 bad games or so this season doesnt warrant a drop obviously' date=' torres hasnt just been bad this season but he wasnt 96 material last season either, and even this season he has had 1 good game against chelsea and thats pretty much it, torres and ibra to drop to 95 rooney eto drogba villa to stay as they are, also gerrard to drop to 94[/quote']

look face it Rooney has had his time, he got injured end of last season and was never the same again after that a 2 goals for Manu and england isn't good enough, Rooney shouldn't drop but if it doesn't improve he should. And Torres doesn't deserve a drop scored 3 or 4 i think in 3 games there isn't a reason to drop him after his rise in form, Ibra scores a lot for milan (5 goals), Gerrard should drop but not now.

look face it Rooney has had his time' date=' he got injured end of last season and was never the same again after that a 2 goals for Manu and england isn't good enough, Rooney shouldn't drop but if it doesn't improve he should. And Torres doesn't deserve a drop scored 3 or 4 i think in 3 games there isn't a reason to drop him after his rise in form, Ibra scores a lot for milan (5 goals), [b']Gerrard should drop but not now[/b].

why not now?