Fernando Torres

theboywalsh

Fernando Torres  

1. 1.

• stay at 93

Re: Fernando Torres - 96 -> 95

Why does he warrant a rating higher than Milito' date=' Essien, Fabregas etc.?

Discuss?[/quote']

Until recently (i.e. before the World Cup), his performances warranted it. In fact, he's still a great player - just one that's struggling for form in a team under new management struggling to get going.

If his poor form continues for an extended period of time, then maybe. But right now, he's still a 96-rated player.

Because he was ... and remains one of the best players in world football

Not based on a single game in this month old season. ;)

Until recently (i.e. before the World Cup)' date=' his performances warranted it. In fact, he's still a great player - just one that's struggling for form in a team under new management struggling to get going.

If his poor form continues for an extended period of time, then maybe. But right now, he's still a 96-rated player.[/quote']

Pre-World Cup, that's basically a third of a year ago, more than enough time to be earmarked for a rise, or in this case, potentially drop. A sluggish and 'not all there' Torres' Prem showing this season. One (albeit phenomenal) goal in five games? Not 96 standard, his tally last season was however.

Not based on a single game in this month old season. ;)

If a rating was justified by form over a month, Berbatov would be hitting what ... 95+ and Robert Green would be what ... 87-

If this continues for say untill Christmas which i can't see happening then maybe, but this is way to early for talks of a drop.

Pre-World Cup' date=' that's basically a third of a year ago, more than enough time to be earmarked for a rise, or in this case, potentially drop. A sluggish and 'not all there' Torres' Prem showing this season. One (albeit phenomenal) goal in five games? Not 96 standard, his tally last season was however.[/quote']

A third of a year which amounts to what? 5 EPL games and a few games at the World Cup. Ratings are based on what's happened over the course of the last two years, not four months (in which time no football was being played for large chunks).

Agreed. I always thought he was going to drop so I swapped him for Rooney in one of my teams. I'm not too happy with the deal now, since Rooney isn't being brilliant either.

Anyway, I really don't think Torres deserves a 96, as that was the rating he had when he was at his best. A 95 is more suitable.

EDIT: Liverpool's form and lack of CL football also make a point.

Can't believe there are people still arguing he will stay at 96 :eek::confused:

Definite dropper.

He's being outclassed by N'Gog, says it all.

Beyond that, he's not got CL football. Not starting for his country (in important games before anyone pretends that 2 goals vs Liechtenstein was any kind of achievement). Further to that, he has scored once in his last 6 games. Similar to Babel, Heskey, and worse than N'Gog, Davies and Elmander to name but a few of the tens and maybe hundreds that are out performing Torres.

He should be 88 right now, so if he were reviewed tomorrow he would still drop, to 95 on his way in theory to the 88 until he picked it up again.

Rooney hasn't performed on a 96 level for years and never dropped, in fact, when he was performing on that level for a couple of months people were calling for a 97 or some even 98 already.

And Torres has now had maybe 4 months in which he hasn't played on his usual 96 level, and he's in for a drop to 94 already. Yeah...

Torres has been off form for half a dozen games or so at the start of this season, and probably doesnt want to stay at Liverpool after they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

He had a poor World Cup, but wasnt he coming back from an injury?

Even if he does drop to 95, I'm sure he'll be moving on soon to somewhere such as Barcelona, where I'm sure he'll be motivated again and rediscover his 96, possibly more. He's been quality for years so even a drop to 95 would be a shame considering how early the season is.

Can't believe there are people still arguing he will stay at 96 :eek::confused:

Definite dropper.

He's being outclassed by N'Gog' date=' says it all.

Beyond that, he's not got CL football. Not starting for his country (in important games before anyone pretends that 2 goals vs Liechtenstein was any kind of achievement). Further to that, he has scored once in his last 6 games. Similar to Babel, Heskey, and worse than N'Gog, Davies and Elmander to name but a few of the tens and maybe hundreds that are out performing Torres.

He should be 88 right now, so if he were reviewed tomorrow he would still drop, to 95 on his way in theory to the 88 until he picked it up again.[/quote']

I really must presume you are on a wind up because that was the biggest load of tripe ever :P

Torres had a poor World Cup because he was quite clearly injured and unfit, he has started the new season in an indifferent vein of form but the signs are there that he is getting back to his best, gee whizz give the guy some time, new manager, half a new team, coming back from injury and behind in terms of fitness coz of his injury at the world cup etc etc

People really have to learn 3months ago berbatov was berbaflop to everybody, was useless, should be a 90 blah blah blah complete rubbish was always a good player had a rough patch but happens to the best of them hey even messi has the occasional bad game it happens.

Fernando has been simply brilliant for club and country for the best part of 3years he has been phenomenal, his goals to game ratio is outstanding and his overall game has been immense. Now because he had an iffy World Cup when blatantly inured and not had the greatest start to the season he should be dropping to 94 etc what a joke :P

The guy has been phenomenal for 3years and that suddenly gets forgotten because of a World Cup that was a write off before it began and only 5 games into the Premier league season.....really :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really must presume you are on a wind up because that was the biggest load of tripe ever :P

I don't wind people up Ray.

Torres had a poor World Cup because he was quite clearly injured and unfit' date=' he has started the new season in an indifferent vein of form but the signs are there that he is getting back to his best, gee whizz give the guy some time, new manager, half a new team, coming back from injury and behind in terms of fitness coz of his injury at the world cup etc etc[/quote']

He didn't have a poor World Cup Ray, he had a terrible one. I am so sick and tired of people blaming bad form on injury. Essien for example, has only just come back and is on the form of his life. Recovery and a strong mind is part of being a world class footballer.

People really have to learn 3months ago berbatov was berbaflop to everybody' date=' was useless, should be a 90 blah blah blah complete rubbish was always a good player had a rough patch but happens to the best of them hey even messi has the occasional bad gam it happens.[/quote']

I did not mention Berbatov. He has always had that streak in him that is out of this world. As for Messi. Occasional bad game. Terrible 3 months? No.

Fernando has been simply brilliant for club and ountry for the best part of 3years he has been phenomenal' date=' his goals to game ratio is outstanding and his overall game has been immense. Now because he had an iffy World Cup when blatantly inured and not had the greatest start t the season he should be dropping to 94 etc what a joke :P[/quote']

I said 95. And this game is about current form. There is sometimes only 4/5 months between changes, so of course a bad 3 months should determine whether you go up or down.

The guy has been phenomenal for 3years and that suddenly gets forgotten because of a World Cup that was a write up before it began and only 5 games into the Premier league season.....really :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5 games Ray. 5 games that has seen Liverpool 10 points off the top of the league already. 5 games that leaves you nearer relegation than it does any European place.

And lets be honest Ray. If you can't perform infront of Xavi, Iniesta and co., then what chance do you have playing ahead of Lucas and Poulson

I agree with Ray, Aidan and Andyowls.

Torres is a top quality player who is having a slight blip in his career. He obviously isn't fully fit and you cannot judge any players form after just 5 matches. He was obviously injured or lacking of fitness during the world cup, so he shouldn't be blamed for playing poorly.

Torres will find his scoring ways again, he is a great player.

naw. would be very harsh if it happened but i don't think it will.

you have to remimber his goalscoring record at liverpool is second to none, hes just coming back from injury and i sure i a few weeks when he gets his match sharpness and fitness back he'll be back to his best.

his main problem so far this season is the lack of support. in the man u game he only got a decent ball into twice and when he got it he got it he won the free and pentaly which we scored from

he showed in the recently spain freindly and with his goal against west brom that he still up their with the best

he hasn't played any worse than rooney this season and milto has had a awful start for inter this season, so bad that rafa is comparing it to when he first signed crouch and he could never score . yep no one is calling for him to get a drop???

To be rank that also is hardly a fair assessment.

Of course injuries play a major part, it is foolish to think they dont. Torres was rushed back for the World up when he quite clearly was not ready. He was clearly still carrying the injury, his movement was restricted, the pace wernt there it makes a massive difference. match fitness is also key and he went in injured and without playing a game for 2months it makes a massive difference every player in the world takes time to regain there top level especially when quite clearly still injured.

Lots of players had a poor world cup lets stars a thread for the whole Italian, French NT to go down its ridiculous.

Torres has consistantly done it for Spain on a regular basis so where you are getting that from I dont know.

Wel if you wanna base a players rating over 3ful games at the World Cup and 4games and tthe 10minutes he played against Arsenal go ahead. I prefer to judge a player on his form over a consistant level of time and Fernando has been phenomenal for 3years....3bad games when injured at the world Cup and a few iffy games at the start of this season when regaining match fitness/sharpness and time for a drop no way....

Oh with regards to Essien one glaring point springs in my mind he has a complete pre-season to get himself fit, played in EVERY Chelsea friendly and his pre season started late Jun/Early July hehas benefited fro a full pre-season and it shows. It is also a lot easier to look good in a side like Chelsea than Liverpool currently and TBF putting in good performances against WBA,Blackpool,West Ham,Wigan,Zilna aint exactly the toughest start to the season could put me out there against that tosh and evn I would look half-decent

An aside' date=' Lucas being the most under rated player on SM is just such a ridiculous claim.[/quote']

Off topic, but when the sig and thread Re: Lucas was written, he was rated 88 playing week-in-week-out for Liverpool, and starting for Brazil. I don't play SM now so it's probably out of date. I should update my sig really... it's all about N'gog this season ;).

jesus christ milito should be rated higher??? probably the most overrated player in world football. and as for the world cup, the fat prozzie shagger should get a nice big drop based on that by that logic, and he did sweet fa on sunday unlike fernando who actually contributed

oh wait, just seen the author of the thread, such an obvious fishing trip here

Dont think he should drop. Still one of the best strikers in the world.

He got injured before the world cup, and was clearly not fit during the whole tournament (Hence being dropped in the semi-final and final by Pedro).

He didnt get much pre-season either, because of the injury. So gotta give him some time to get some match fitness.

Obviously if he and Liverpools form continue to be poor in a few months, then he probably will drop. But im sure he will come good once he gets some confidence.

Why does he warrant a rating higher than Milito' date=' Essien, Fabregas etc.?

Discuss?[/quote']

drop? are you serious?

we have played 5 games in the EPL...5. all this talk of mid table struggles is ridiculous (and only 3 points off champions league,improvement on last season already haha). we will pick up 9 points from 9 in our next 3 games, sunderland, blackpool and everton and all this relegation nonsense will be forgotten.

to be fair torres shouldnt have played in the world cup, he wasnt ready and therefore he is now being slated. give it a month and normal service will be resumed. its pathetic how so called football fans write players off in an instant..

messi's picked up an injury after that shocking tackle in the madrid derby and will be out so are we gunna put him in for a drop? and rooney...he has been p*ss poor for months so is he going down? id put a bet on that, seems good odds.if only i had a spare £1200....;)

If Liverpool are languishing in mid table when the next changes happen' date=' which is looking likely and he hasn't found some form he will drop at least one.

An aside, Lucas being the most under rated player on SM is just such a ridiculous claim.[/quote']

at least the hammers will be propping us up from the bottom..