Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Ross.DAFC85

Re: Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Roma.jpg

Another Painful Draw!!!

Italian giants AC Milan drew 0-0 against Cagliari to drop them to 7th place. It was a rather boring match in which no goals' date=' and not many attempts were taken.

Sparky was left fuming with his players!: "We rested our top players in the SMFA game for this?! This is disgraceful! We should have won but the lads aren't just up for it I guess. Something needs to be done quickly!"

Roma will now face first placed Fiorentina on Wednesday, Roma will be looking to take 3 points if they are to have any chances for the title.

Table After 21 Games

calcio.png

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 Fiorentina 21 13 3 5 42 22 20 42

2 Cagliari 21 13 3 5 39 23 16 42

3 Juventus 21 11 5 5 46 34 12 38

4 Parma 21 11 4 6 42 27 15 37

5 Internazionale 21 10 7 4 38 25 13 37

6 Catania 21 10 5 6 55 33 22 35

7 Roma 21 9 8 4 27 20 7 35

8 Milan 21 10 4 7 47 30 17 34

9 Palermo 21 10 1 10 29 37 -8 31

10 Udinese 21 9 3 9 42 31 11 30

11 Empoli 21 7 8 6 28 34 -6 29

12 Livorno 21 7 5 9 42 41 1 26

13 Atalanta 21 6 7 8 37 36 1 25

14 Napoli 21 6 6 9 24 26 -2 24

15 Torino 21 4 8 9 19 30 -11 20

16 Reggina 21 6 2 13 20 48 -28 20

17 Genoa 21 4 7 10 26 39 -13 19

18 Siena 21 4 7 10 21 45 -24 19

19 Sampdoria 21 3 9 9 27 36 -9 18

20 Lazio 21 4 4 13 19 53 -34 16

Dont you mean Roma?

118.gifParma 3-1 Livorno 113.gif

With teams around them slipping up, after 21 league games Parma have shocked all and entered the top 4. Yesterday evening, the Gialloblu welcomed 12th placed Livorno who were fielding a 4-4-2 with the likes of Lloris in goal and Fernando Baiano in attack. However, 28 minutes into the game and 23 year old Giampaolo Pazzini created enough space to lose his marker and confidently make it 1-0 to the delight of Tony Baldo. Another Italian prospect, Luca Cigarini then made it 2-0 shortly after, with an amazing finish.

1351532514_050b372136_o.jpg

Into the second half and with a recent interview fresh in his mind about the lack of goals, Pazzini proved the critics wrong with a second, securing all 3 points despite a goal from the experienced Antonio Filippini a minute after.

"MAKE OR BRAKE TIME!"

Having now entered the top 4, after the game Tony was convinced his team won't relax at such an important stage. "We've got the semi's in both cups soon and crucial games against 2nd and 1st as well. I'd love to bring Champions League football to the club but whilst I'm being optimistic, I'm also realistic and I'm constantly remind the players of how hard they need to work. "

270.gif

SMFA Champions Cup Sensation

In Group F' date=' Boca achieved 2nd position in the group, and promoted to the next round by beating leader Schalke again![/size']

Schalke 04 - Boca Juniors 1-2 (0-1)

Goals: Halil Altintop (75') and Niko Kovac (23'), Rodrigo Palacio (54')

photoblog%20Rodrigo%20Palacio%20celebra%20el%20empate%20transitorio%20(AC%20Mil%C3%A1n%204%20-%20Boca%20Juniors%202).jpg

Palacio's winning goal decided everthing

We got a tough group, Milan and Schalke were clearly better than us. Elfsborg and we were the smaller teams of this group, and everyone looked for a Milan - Schalke advance. But Schalke beat Milan two times, and we beat Schalke two times, and Milan wasnt able to win their last match, but anyway, our faith was in our hands: win our last game in Gelsenkirchen. And we did it, and this is sensational!" commended by Mr HoW

Hats off to you, I wasnt good enough in the group with Milan

Hats off to you' date=' I wasnt good enough in the group with Milan[/quote']

Thank You! To be honest, I was suprised that Milan drawed in the last game and didnt qualified.. You beat me twice, I though that You will win the group.

270.gif

Euphoric Boca won against Colo Colo

Boca Juniors - Colo Colo 5-3 (1-2)

Goals: Leandro Gracian (40'), Martin Palermo (50', 78'), Arouna Koné (73'), Alexander Zickler (88') and Tresor Mputu (2', 26'), Rodrigo Millar (56')

boca_gim.jpg

Lads celebrating Palermo

"This win is not a simple win! Yesterday we proved that we are a strong side, and today we played in euphoric mentality. We must keep ourselves up there, and we can make magic every day!" said Mr HoW

351.gifGalatasaray 1-1 Benfica218.gif

Scorers

Albin Ekdahl (Benfica), 43 mins

Mario Regueiro (Galatasaray), 49 mins

This game was a dress rehearsal for the Mediterranean Cup final as these two sides will contest that competition in just one days time but there were three vital league points up for grabs for these two teams but Benfica and Galatasaray couldn't take the full three points and played out a 1-1 draw with Albin Ekdahl scoring for Benfica on the 43rd minute and Galatasaray equalising through Mario Regueiro on the 49th minute.

Fenerbahce.jpg

365.gifDinamo Zagreb 0 - 2 Fenerbahce350.gif

Fenerbahce won the game convincingly, having dominated the possession and shots on goal. Hernan Crespo fired home the first for Fenerbahce on 24 minutes to make it 1-0, and not long after he made it 2-0 with an excellent curling shot. Fenerbahce move to 7th, and are only four points off second place FK Partizan. Steven Barnes said " We passed it around very well today, and we could have easily been 4-0 up by the end of the game, but a win is a win and another three points to our top three hopes".

Highlights:

24:soccer-ball.png GOAL!! - Hernan CRESPO slots it home after some neat footwork!

36:soccer-ball.png GOAL!! - Hernan CRESPO caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

Mediterranean Shield Final

224.gifFC Porto Vs Fenerbahce350.gif

Fenerbahce have made it to the final of the Mediterranean Shield, and will face Portugese giants Porto, although Porto are struggling in the league Steven Barnes is expecting a very tough game, and he knows the class Porto have in there squad. Stevie Barnes fully believes his side can win the game, but it will be far from easy.

SMFA Champions Cup Round 1

429.gifRangers Vs Fenerbahce350.gif

The Turkish giants take on the Scottish giants in the first round of the Champions League. Fenerbahce finished top of there group, and have now been drawn against Rangers. Steven Barnes believes his side can outclass Rangers, and he is hoping for a convincing win, but he knows it wont be easy, and his team will have to give it 100& to win.

Ajax "open to offers" for star striker

In the post match press conference after their 2-0 home win against FC twente, Ajax boss Jacko was questioned about the future of Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who opened the scoring in the match. Jacko had this to say:

"We know that Klaas is on the shortlist of pretty much every major club in Europe, and as such we would be stupid not to consider letting him go should the right offer come along, although I would stress that he is very happy here and we would have no problem keeping him"

That "right offer" is believed to include a replacement, 90+ and a young AM/W 88+.

268px-Klaas_Jan_Huntelaar_2.jpg

Huntelaar, time to move on?

Ajax have been on a fine run of form since Jacko took over from former manager Welshman, winning all 7 games under his tutelage, including 2 particularly impressive champions cup wins over Lyon and Werder Bremen, even though they were eliminated before jacko arrived. 5 straight league wins have put them 2nd in the Holland & belgium league, 3 pts behind Heerenveen and they have been installed as faourites with just under half of the campaign to go.

Mediterranean Cup Final

351.gifGalatasaray 1-2 Benfica218.gif

Scorers

Sulley Ali Muntari (Benfica), 61 mins

Luis Fabiano (Benfica), 67 mins

Turan Arda (Galatasaray), 69 mins

Benfica went into this game knowing this might be there only chance to secure European qualification for next season and they did that by beating Galatasaray 2-1 at Wembley, Benfica deserved their win as they dominated possession and had more shots on goal and it took one hour for the first goal to come as Sulley Ali Muntari put Benfica ahead by beating two defenders and slotting the ball into the net, the second goal came shortly after as Benfica's Luis Fabiano made it 2-0 as he beat the offside trap and slid the ball under the advancing keeper but Galatasaray immediately replied as Turan Arda scored on the 69th minute to make it 2-1 and set up an entertaining finish but Galatasaray couldn't get their second goal and it finished 2-1 and that saw Benfica go home with the trophy.

Benfica manager John Paul Torley was delighted to get his first trophy in a Gold Championship and he didn't have to wait to long for it as he only has played one full season in a Gold Championship, Benfica can now concentrate on their league form as that has been dissapointing.

Benfica's path to glory

Round 1

Bye

Round 2

Benfica 1-0 Sporting

Quarter Final

Benfica 4-2 Fenerbahce

Semi Final

Benfica 4-2 Porto

Final

Galatasaray 1-2 Benfica

709.gif

Over the half way stage and Derry are in dream land sitting 2nd in the SPL two points behind Rangers who they play tonight:eek:

502458_mediumsquare.jpg

Derry man of the moment is on loan striker Cavanni who has hit the net 13 times this season so far.The big question is can Derry maintain this form and maybe play in europe next season:eek:

492.gifBeitar Jerusalem 0-4 Benfica218.gif

Scorers

Scott Brown (Benfica), 11 mins

Nuno Gomes (Benfica), 32 mins

Angel Di Maria (Benfica), 49 mins

Nuno Assis (Benfica), 86 mins

Benfica put in an impressive display as they hammered Beitar Jerusalem 4-0, it was exactly the kind of result Benfica were looking for after their success in the Mediterranean cup, recent signing Scott Brown got his first goal for Benfica on the 11th minute to put them ahead and it was veteran striker Nuno Gomes who doubled Benfica's lead on the 32nd minute and it was 2-0 to Benfica at half time.

It only took four minutes into the second half for Benfica to make it 3-0 and the goal was scored by Angel Di Maria, Nuno Assis finished off the scoring on the 86th minute to make the final result 4-0 to Benfica.

270.gif

Great win with injuries

Boca Juniors - Independiente 4-2 (2-1)

Goals: Seydou Keita (25'), César Delgado (42'), Martin Palermo (48'), Szabolcs Huszti (84') and Geraldo Wendell (7'), Germán Denis (55')

img.12364_t.jpg

Hungarian national player celebrating his goal

Keita and Ledesma injured

Both of them will miss for at least a week.

Fenerbahce.jpg

366.gifHajduk Split 1 - 2 Fenerbahce350.gif

Fenerbahce climb the table with a good win over Hajduk Split. Fenerbahce dominated the game from start to finish and on another day could have had a few more goals, but manager Stevie Barnes is satisfied with the win. Playmaker Souza Alex put Fenerbahce 1-0 up on 32 minutes, but before Fenerbahces second, top goal scorer Hernan Crespo was sent off on 65 minutes for a terrible tackle. Fenerbahce didnt find it a problem and only three minutes later Souza Deivid made it 2-0. Hajduk managed to pull one back, but it was too little too late as Fenerbahce climbed the table to sixth.

Highlights:

32:soccer-ball.pngGOAL!! - Souza ALEX heads powerfully past the keeper!

65:red-card.gif RED CARD - Hernan CRESPO did not even go for the ball, the ref gives him straight red!

68:soccer-ball.pngGOAL!! - The short corner is picked up by de Souza DEIVID who curls it round the unsighted keeper!

83:soccer-ball.png GOAL!! - A diving header at the back post from Emiliano BONAZZOLI!nsighted keeper!

Souza Alex Celebrates His Goal

21717_hp.jpg

BRAZILIAN RONALDO AVAILABLE!

Breaking news from Milan onight, and we understand AC Milan have said that they'll listen to offers for Brazilian superstar Luis Ronaldo. The 92 rated forward is for sale but AC Milan are believed to only listen to offers that include 1 89 rated player, and 1 89 rated Goalkeeper OR Defender!

ronaldo-ac-milan.jpg

Ronaldo, according to his current boss Tom Greenfield was asked around a few days ago if he wanted to stay and fight for a place in the Milan starting 11 or to leave and find a challenge, but he made it clear he was just after regular football, so decided to leave. "Luis (Ronaldo) said he was after regular football in the starting 11, which he wasnt really getting," "Its understandabl, but also a shame for him to leave,"

Roma.jpg

107.gifFiorentina 1-3 AS Roma123.gif

A brilliant performance by Roma ahead of their SMFA Champs cup clash against Manchester United. AS Roma needed a win if they were to have any shot at the title. First placed Fiorentina however were very confident, they knew that Roma weren't in the best form.

Fiorentina's Marco Donadel scored for the home team, with a brilliant low drive.

Their lead however lasted just three minutes when Roma equalized through new signing Jiri Jarosik, who made no mistakes from 15 yards out.

Jiri_Jarosik_562091.jpg

Equalizer From Jarosik

Four minutes before the break, Roma took the lead after an incredible mistake by Sebastien Frey, which allowed Greek striker Dimitris Papadopoulos to capitalize.

_1455101_greece300.jpg

Papadopoulos Celebrates His Goal

AS Roma then secured the points after some terrbile defending by the home side, allowing French winger Ludovic Giuly to take opportunity and score.

627306_mediumsquare.jpg

Giuly Scores On The 88th Minute

Roma are now sixth and play Manchester United tomorrow in the SMFA cup, and then play Milan a day after!

Roma.jpg

67_front_small.gif123.gif12_front_small.gif

Impressive Roma Head To Fourth!!!

AS Roma beat strugglers Reggina 3-1 to jump to fourth place.

The Italian giants had a full squad as there was no injury or suspensions. The team saw talisman Fransesco Totti start alongside Esposito in strike.

It was the home side who struck first with a neat finish past the keeper.

But their lead lasted just four minutes when AS Roma equalized through Ludovic Giuly who curled a magnificent shot inside the post.

627306_mediumsquare.jpg

Giuly With Brilliant Finish!

On the 34th minute saw Roma take the lead when Mauro Esposito curled in a brilliant shot.

img.03576_t.jpg

Scores A Cracker

And the the points were secured when second half substitute Matteo Brighi slid the ball under the Reggina keeper.

7189.jpg

Scored Third Goal For Roma

Sparky was pleased with his teams performance;

"Not surprised really, we gave everything we had and came out on top. I am pleased that we have been in great form so far, we have some vital games coming up such as Milan and Manchester United. We will have to be very careful with out team selections."

AS Roma are now fourth place, four points from the top. They will play Tom Greenfield's Milan on Wednesday.

I haven't posted here for ages and i am sorry about that but I would just like to say I am doing quite well considering this was my first GC team - Probably due to the fact Hertha get 3-5 mil each home game and I'm good at buying players in GC's.

My Hertha BSC Berlin are currently placed 3rd and today beat Dan Payne's Werder Bremen team by 1-0. And Bremen have the likes of Iniesta, Vagner Love, Kuyt, and lots more 90's(+). I have now done the double over Bremen :eek:,

I will also note my signings:

Quim (89 then rose ---> 90)

Scmeichal (84 - real bargain 3.3 mil :eek:)

ALTAMIRANO (71 ---> 77:))

Rafihna (89 - may rise soon)

Castro (90 - may rise soon)

KOIKILI (76 rose +10 ---> 86 :eek:)

Diego Capel (83 rose to ---> 87)

Reyes (91 sadly dropped 90 :()

Derlei (88 sadly dropped 87)

and also lots of young players yet to rise but will soon.

and 2 players 87+ on loan

Just a warning watch out for me in SMFA Cup Final next season ;)

Will do a HUGE report over the next few days :D

P.S. Just gotta beat Offsides Ajax with my Standard Liege in GC12 tonight now then I'm happy.

EDIT: Nearly forgot to mention that i bought the mighty Pander :eek: , the German international is now up for Grabs, that's for anyone prepared to give a replacement LB rated 89 or a good LB rated 88 ;)

dortmundrg4.png

Mattis takes over Dortmund!

This morning, English manager Louis Mattis took over Germain side Borussia Dortmund, he has experience in manageing this team , as he manages them in GC12, Dortmund still have all the first team players, but currently sit 10th in the table, but Mattis has joined the side on a 2 year deal to try and turn and club around, his goal for this season will be to get into the SMFA Shield place. Mattis has quoted that he wont be brining in any new players, as the club is low on cash from bringing in two new stars, these are:

lennonpe5.jpg

(Brought for £30MIL from Tottenham Hotspur)

barzaglint5.jpg

(Brought from Palermo for £30MIL)

254.gif

CSKA Moskva won the Russia & Ukraine Shield Final tonight by an impressive 6 goals to 1 against Rubin Kazan.

Fans went wild throwing there wolly hats in the air and drinking loads of vodka whilst suggesting SoP should play his cup side in the league where CSKA sit in 2nd place 5 points behind Dinamo Moskva.

270.gif

LATIN AMERICA SHIELD WINNERS!

344334AguanteBoca0.jpg

The Boca Fans

Boca Juniors - Guadalajara 5-2 (1-2)

Goals: Rodrigo Palacio (26', 66'), Alexander Zickler (49'), Marouane Fellaini (58'), Shota Arveladze (63') and Renato Rivera (2', 15')

02812ad871321b59i3.jpg

Palacio scored two

"YES! Won the shield! Thats fantastic! Finally, we dont have empty hands we got a trophy! We made excellent performance on the field, a wonderful second half decided everything! And finally, whatever will happen in the league or in the SMFA Champs cup, we qualifed to the SMFA Shield next season! said Mr HoW in a quick interview

270.gif

No domestic win but international!

Boca Juniors - San Lorenzo 2-3 (2-1)

Goals: Niko Kovac (41'), Neri Cardozo (43') and Juan Torres (31'), Sebastian Mendez (46'), Walter Acevedo (84')

Through to SMFA Champs Cup Quarters!!

Schalke 04 - Boca Juniors 0-1 (0-1)

Goal: Rodrigo Palacio (26')

rodrigo12.jpg

This man throwed his team into the quarter final!

"I think Schalke has their big bogey! We are them! Three matches and three lost game for them! I'm very proud of my team, whatever will happen in this competition, we are far from our espectations in the start of the season! said Mr HoW