Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Ross.DAFC85

Re: Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Austin blasts back at Tony Baldo' date=' saying- When you look upon teams as inferior, you take the wrong approach to tackle them, and thats how you couldnt get a home win against a lesser rated manager who was playig his first game in charge.

Our goal is to grab a top 10 posistion and thats how we are going to to it, by grabbing two points over conceited managers and clubs like yourself!![/quote']

Well it's nice to see you set yourself hard targets. :rolleyes: Top 10, when you're 1 point away. I'm satisfied with my approach this season with Parma anyway, they're now a Serie B team and I consistently get them into the Shield.

Well it's nice to see you set yourself hard targets. :rolleyes: Top 10' date=' when you're 1 point away. I'm satisfied with my approach this season with Parma anyway, they're now a Serie B team and I consistently get them into the Shield.[/quote']

lol, didnt glance at the table before i opened my mouth(or in this case, keyboard:eek: )

Oh, and as foryour comments about Club Brugge in GC 12, I didnt even know I had them anymore!.Just basically ignored them until I found out yesterday I lost to you at home, and started recruiting for revenge.)

As in the One, I didnt get relegated either, Alkamaar did!)

Back on topic though, Napoili's chairman has glanced at the table, and has set the goal for Europe instead of a top 10 spot!

Livorno fall to Napoli!

746_1215505679.jpghttp:

After drawing their first match away at Parma,Napoli took on Livorno hoping to get off to a better start at home.

746_1215505679.jpg 4 - 0 113_1195944609.gif

0:

Kick-Off

1: GOAL!! - A miss-hit shot from Maurizio DOMIZZI squirms under the keepers body! He's embarrassed to claim that one!

7: Alfonso DE LUCIA is quick off his line to clear the danger

8: Marcelo ZALAYETA lacks the final touch

11: Antonio FILIPPINI drags his shot wide

12: Massimo LOVISO finds himself in plenty of space as he rushes his shot into the arms of the keeper

14: Kemal AHMED HASSAN comes within inches of scoring, getting on the edge of a fine cross, glancing his free header just wide

18: Mokete TSOTETSI try from 15 yards is a false dawn, as it slips past the keepers near post!

20: A ferocious free kick has Mathias HAIN scrambling to turn it round for a corner

21: An excellent strike is tipped over the bar by Alfonso DE LUCIA

22: A poor finish by Antonio FILIPPINI

23: A low cross is lashed into the box but Fernando LLORENTE fails to control it

25: Mathias HAIN shows safe hands to make a comfortable save!

29: GOAL!! - Fernando LLORENTE rises majestically and heads the inswinging corner into the net!

30: GOAL!! - A dangerous corner is whipped in and Fernando LLORENTE nods the ball home!

32: GOAL!! - Marcelo ZALAYETA volleys it into the back of the net

34: A spectacular overhead kick by Kemal AHMED HASSAN flies wide of the mark

42: The striker burst through the rearguard not believing his luck but Alfonso DE LUCIA is quick off his line

44: Herrera DIEGO TRISTAN places a right foot shot wide from twenty five yards out

45:

Half Time

51: A lot of shouting by Nico PULZETTI, trying to encourage his team mates to keep up their work rate

52: A dangerous cross by Nico PULZETTI races across the mouth of the goal

53: Fernando LLORENTE takes the ball around two defenders but then fluffs his shot

61: BOOKED - After consulting with his linesman the ref cautions Mihail VENKOV for shirt pulling

67: Some hard tackling by Antonio FILIPPINI, contributing to his teams defence

69: The keeper comes roaring off his line and clatters with Mihail VENKOV sending the ball wide

73: Herrera DIEGO TRISTAN dives in at the near post only to be denied by the woodwork

74: A shot from distance is stopped by Mathias HAIN

77: Herrera DIEGO TRISTAN wins the aerial challenge

81: Paolo CANNAVARO nods down a high ball across the face of goal

88: Alfonso DE LUCIA pushes it wide of the post with his finger tips!

89: A mix up in the defence allows Fausto ROSSINI to hammer his shot over

90:

Full Time

It is obvious that the road to success for Napoli is defense.So it was therefore unsurprising when Austin's team came out and spread out into a 5 man sweeper defense.

Livorno were apparently thrown, as they were prepared to face the 3-4-1-2 that Napoli used in their last match.

The shock was too much however, and Napoli took advantage when a mi shot from Dommizi went under the keeper's body.

1 - 0, and now Napoli needed to consolidate.

Napoli continued to pressure, Domizzi and zalayeta coming close for the hosts.

a quick torrent of goals came in 3 minutes between the 29th and the 32nd instantly.

Llorente rose to meet a well hit corner in into the back of the net, putting Napoli 2 goals up.

the same llorent headed in yet another corner home to kill off the game and make it 3 - 0, before Zalyaeta volleyed home to kill off the game, a 4 - 0 trashing

19690_HP.jpg

opened the scoring and got the mom

yeste.jpg

netted a brace for Napoli

Zalayeta1.JPG

super volley

POSSEBON JOINS MILAN - "WE WILL FULFILL HIS POTENTIAL," TOM G

100px-AC_Milan.svg.png

Today, AC Milan officially unvealed new super young sensation Possebon, ex of seen in action for Manchester United in the Premier league against Newcastle. The youngster impressed, despite scoring no goals on his debut.

The fee is belived to be in the region of 9m (euroes) and goes straight into the youth squad.

1908746.jpg

100px-AC_Milan.svg.png

Wembley for Roma as they beat Chelsea 1-0 in Pens to reach the final

ITS AN ALL ITALIAN FINAL AS REIGNING CHAMPIONS INTER GO AGAINST MY PUNY ROMA :P:D

this reigning champions failed to beat a weak useless napoli away from home, losing a shocking 2 - 1

I have now won 5 from my first 6 matches, conceding 1 along the way.

Good luck Sparky, and I just hope you dont meet me in the league again this season, for your sake!!;)

this reigning champions failed to beat a weak useless napoli away from home' date=' losing a shocking 2 - 1

I have now won 5 from my first 6 matches, conceding 1 along the way.

Good luck Sparky, and I just hope you dont meet me in the league again this season, for your sake!!;)[/quote']

i wudnt say shocking considering their lineup.

and good luck sparky, hope the best team wins.

i wudnt say shocking considering their lineup.

and good luck sparky' date=' hope the best team wins.[/quote']

You're gonna win obviously, Iniesta is injured, De Rossi is suspended and my team is NMF:mad:

My first SMFA Final and it's already blown!:o

Nice win again Guy;)

746_1215505679.jpg

Inter overcautious, fall to Napoli

jersey_napoli_home_2007.jpg

Its nothing new that when you have a big game, you should rest your top players, but perhaps Inter overdid things before the game, as they completely underestimated Napoli, fielding 83 rated players.

Before that however, napoli took on Chievo, and hoped to mve up the table with a vital win there.

746_1215505679.jpghttp: 3 - 0 104_1204113865.gifhttp:

napoli were on fire in the match, but so was Chievo's Goalkepper, making fine saves and nice touches and brave runs in the match to keep the scores level.

chievo commited 5 men to defence, and they never looked like scoring, but Napoli were steaming.

Llorente's and Zalayea's shots were parried and saved, and in the second half, it looked like the sides would settle for a draw, when Zalayeta thundered in on 70 minutes.

Ahmed Hassan used his pace to carve out the second goal, before Franz wrapped up the game to see Naploi megre with all 3 points, and move up to 10th place.

19690_HP.jpg

zalayeta opened the scoring.

Inter, ahead of their final, rested the players and were beaten by Napoli on Wednesday.

746_1215505679.jpghttp:2 - 1 109_1190676380.gif

Byelik opened the scoring early for Napoli with a well placed finish into the onion bag.

cannavaro was sent off for napoli earlier in the match, a terrible disgrace for Napoli.

In the second half of the game, Byelik wrapped up his brace with a fine goal and foraging run that sent the fans crazy.

Mouraffi pulled one back for Inter, but it was late, as Napoli clamied all 3 points.

340x.jpg

byelik saw double for Napoli

Congrats Sparky... I'm sure Exeter will have the Shield in a few seasons :D

Least you can use SM to find out' date=' Processing Tonights Fixtures... Back at approx 9:00pm (GT) keeps coming up for me :rolleyes:[/quote']

Thanks, and dont know about your little problem, Ill my results are in :P

Beat the holders Inter 3-1 with a very attacking formation.

Now Roma have bagged the Italian shield and SMFA Cup.... Am third in the league, can't see my catching Fiorentina so very happy for now! :P:D

EDIT: Log out and log in I guess :P

Thanks' date=' and dont know about your little problem, Ill my results are in :P

Beat the holders Inter 3-1 with a very attacking formation.

Now Roma have bagged the Italian shield and SMFA Cup.... Am third in the league, can't see my catching Fiorentina so very happy for now! :P:D

EDIT: Log out and log in I guess :P[/quote']

Sparky, did you go v attacking and own half or v.attacking and all over?

And, if your results are working, please could you check your result in gc 11?

nice win mate;) , but a mad run of form by Naples will soon see a prompt 4th place finish and upcoming smfa glory:) :D

Sparky' date=' did you go v attacking and own half or v.attacking and all over?

And, if your results are working, please could you check your result in gc 11?

nice win mate;) , but a mad run of form by Naples will soon see a prompt 4th place finish and upcoming smfa glory:) :D[/quote']

just attacking with all over

Plus I played different formation in GC11 mate, which I drew with you ;)

746_1215505679.jpg

we'll get there - Austin

Napoli's ambitious drive towards a shield place took a nice boost as they overcame a stronger Palermo side by a narrow scoreline of two goals to one.

117_1198417095.gif 1 - 2 746_1215505679.jpg

Relegation threatened Palermo fought a valiant Napoli side in a verytough and keen encounter last night.

the first goal of the game fell to Palermo, when Hypia rebounded a shot into the post, to emit a terrible groan from the traveling fans.

a cross from the left left Llorente with yards of space, but he failed to equalize as Napoli continued to search for a goal.

A beautiful double save from Naploi goalie Hain kept them in the game, but they were forced to thread with caution after Franz was booked for a 50/50 challenge, giving the impression that the referee hatd Napoli and wanted them in Serie c1.

A beautiful overhead kick by Gauna nearly found its way into the net late in the first half, but Napoli trooped into the dressing room a goal down, and with fallen spirts.

Austin has long been known for his half time pep talks and spirited substitutions, and he made a great example of how he does it when Llorete, Byelik, and Zalayeta all came close early in the second half.

the much awaited equalizer came deep into the second half when Hassan turned and shot in the net under the keeper's body.

The away fans were ecstatic, and 4 minutes later Llorente pulled a late winner when he rounded the keeper for an easy finish and narrow win for Austin's men.

227818.jpg

Hassan, equalized for Napoli

yeste.jpg

Llorente, won the game for Napoli

Up next is Champ Cup contenderRoss's Udinese,who are just coming back from a home loss against Milan, and Austin hopes they can capitalize on this los to take all 3 points when Napoli host them at the san paolo.

However, udinese are a good team, with inspirational players like Essien and Higuain, and austin knows he will need to be spectacular to beat udinese, which is why he will be bringing out his 5 man defense ina an attempt to stop Udinese.

Venue- San Paolo

SanPaolo.jpg

Prediction

746_1215505679.jpg 1 - 4 131_1204699836.gif

270_1197602922.gif

Boca Juniors signed Argentinian superstar Garay

Ezequiel Garay, the 21 years old argentinian superstar joined to Boca Juniors from Atlético Madrid. The deal is undisclosed, but we know that Arouna Koné was the part of the deal for him. "We are very happy bringing him "back", he is a huge talent! A new superstar here, the fans will love him!" said Mr HoW

Ezequiel_Garay_280x_423251a.jpg

Defender Garay will play his first match in his new team tonight

746_1215505679.jpg

we ain't going down without a fight - Austin

Napoli hosted udinese at the san Paolo hoping to continue their splendid form and win yet again in their quest for Europe.

It took a slight blow however, as they were up against a udinese side determined for European qualification.

746_1215505679.jpg1 - 1131_1204699836.gif

It was one way pressure from the word go, zapata coming close for the confident away side and nearly putting Udine into the lead.

An effort from higuain nearly rolled in, but Hain was equal and cleared the ball with a desperate save.

Tissone came close again for the visitors, heading across the face f goal.

It was onl a matter of time before Udinese opened the scoring and they made this perfectly clear,Montolivio with some outstanding play to leav Napoli looking on like...onlookers.

the secoond half was no different from the first,Montolivio with another good effort.

And finally Napoli cracked and conceded, their five man defence cracked open with a powerful shot from Higuain to give Udinese a nice well deserved lead.

the pressure continued and Napoli fell badly to the back foot, and udinese began to keep possesion as the game came to its end.

But in the 89th minute, against the run of play, it was a staggering zig zagged, blistering run by Byelik, who left a trail of defenders chasing, chipping the goalie and resucing a thoroughly undeserved point for the hosts.

Udinese controlled the game completely, with more shots, more of the ball, more corners.

Napoli had the best to boast for with a record 5 bookings in the match.

But they moved on, fuly recovered, to face cagliari away from home next, who were breating down their necks one point behind

340x.jpg

snatched a point for the hosts

100_1202377805.gif 1 - 3

746_1215505679.jpg

napoli faced 9th placed Cagliari away from home in another crucial encounter.

Austin was aware of the home team's 4 - 4 - 2 formation and countered well with a conservative 5-2-3.

But Cagliari took the lead early in the 13th minute with a well struck screamer from the edge of the box.

It was too soon and Napoli seemed unable to recover, and Cagliari pressed heavily down because of this.

Their shots and attempts were blocked or saved by heroic goalkeeper Hain, who is fast becoming a fan favorite.

Despite the pressure, Napoli ound some space and grabbed the equalizer before half time, a well struck shot from zalayeta finding net, net, and nothing but net.

the seonc half came and the home team saw red, Dominguez with a horror tackle sure to put the ref in trouble if he had shown anything else.

Napoli took full advantage, and soon enough,Byelik raced through the open defence to slot home after the ref kept his flag down.

And napoli killed off the game in due time, Llorente turning the keeper inside out and giing the hosts a comfortable 3 - 1 win over their closerivals.

Now up next is sampdoria, another team wielding the 4 - 4 -2, and Austin has said he will be ready for them.

yeste.jpg19690_HP.jpg340x.jpg

llorente, Zalayeta, and Byelik, the striker trio.