Sign in to follow this  
Ross.DAFC85

Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Re: Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Fiorentina vs Bari 5-0

Ok' date=' Bari isn't a great team but still a nice result with our second team. :D

[b']BIG[/b] game coming up: Fiorentina vs AS Roma :eek:

Don't worry mate, Roma are poop, with an average manager!!

I'm sure he will be resting his first team as he plays me in the SMFA Cup Quarters on Friday....

Bring it on Mr Ahmed!

Don't worry mate' date=' Roma are poop, with an average manager!!

I'm sure he will be resting his first team as he plays me in the SMFA Cup Quarters on Friday....

Bring it on Mr Ahmed![/quote']

Ah, some good old trash talking. Roma vs Liverpool will be quite an interesting game.

Yep, if Mr Ahmed plays a second team against me... well, I'm not complaining. I'll play my best team. :D

131_1204699836.gif

Udinese v Empoli

Coppa Italia Finale

Udinese went into tonight's Coppa Italia Final with a full strength team and with high-scoring forwards Baiano and Higuain back up top together. Want-away Essien was in the midfield with Mavuba and Asamoah the two regulars who would miss out on tonight's match. Stepping in were Loic Perrin and Sergei Gurenko who were looking to fire Udinese to their first silverware under Ross Philp - as they lost in the final of the Shield last season.

coppa-italia-01.jpg

It couldn't have started any worse for Udinese as they went behind to an Adrian RICCHUITI goal after only ten minutes. Mario Santana took on two of the Empoli defenders and then fluffed his shot when it really mattered, before stand-in midfielder Loic Perrin grazed the top of the Empoli bar with a header. And on 23 minutes the Friuli side were back in at as centre forward Joao FERNANDO BAIANO curled the ball round the unsighted Kozacik in the Empoli goal. Luca Antonini then struck the woodwork for the night's away side, but Udinese fought back as Mario Santana had a chance.

But it was in the second half where Udinese finally took control of proceedings when on 57 minutes, Michael ESSIEN took advantage of a poor back-pass in the Empoli defence by scoring to give Udinese the lead. And in the 72nd minute their lead was extended through Mario SANTANA. The former Fiorentina winger sealed the win and the Cup trophy inside a jam-packed Wembley. All in all a good performance by the Friuli side.

essien_348092a.jpg

Captain Essien scored before winning the Cup with his side

Don't worry mate' date=' Roma are poop, with an average manager!!

[b']Bring it on Mr Ahmed![/b]

Roma 4-1 Liverpool

Roma manager, who has stated that all this new talk is new to him has hit back at Mr. Winston after their impressive 4-1 win against the Scousers.

Ahmed was reportedly on holiday in Mallorca and handed the responsibility of facing Fiorentina to assistant manager Ben Read,

However, after losing and with La Viola extending their lead, Ahmed concentrated on the SMFA Games and has managed to secure his team's place in the semis after a 4-1 demolishing of Liverpool.

Roma will play Chelsea in the semi final

PS - Unlucky Dai Mate ;)

Roma 4-1 Liverpool

Roma manager' date=' who has stated that all this new talk is new to him has hit back at Mr. Winston after their impressive 4-1 win against the Scousers.

Ahmed was reportedly on holiday in Mallorca and handed the responsibility of facing Fiorentina to assistant manager Ben Read,

However, after losing and with La Viola extending their lead, Ahmed concentrated on the SMFA Games and has managed to secure his team's place in the semis after a 4-1 demolishing of Liverpool.

Roma will play Chelsea in the semi final

PS - Unlucky Dai Mate ;)[/quote']

HAHA!!

Been waiting for you to get back mate....

Well done fella, hope you go on to win it....

Well done on going through Mitu. Unlucky Dai ;)

Ben's Hertha BSC Berlin also make the Semis of the Final. They have been drawn against Inter. It will undoubtedly be a tough game for the German side, but after knocking out teams like Arsenal and Fiorentina in previous round, moral is on Hertha's side. Good to know Reyes will be back for that game as-well.

Austin joins up with Napiol!

746_1215505679.jpg

Austin has taken over 11th placed Napoil in a bid to get them into Europe this season.

With 12 games to go, all eyes are on Austin to see what he can do.

Having pulled off major spectacles in other setups, Austin will hoe this is no different as he looks to get maximum points in most of his games left.

Austin's team take on 5th placed Parma tonight and Austin knows its important to win these games and is going all out for them.

131_1204699836.gif126_1191220372.gif

Udinese 3-1 Siena

Udinese kept the heat on the big boys tonight, being the only winners in the top four tonight, as the race for the league title is seriously hotting up. A second string Udinese with no Higuain or Baiano up top, did not bottle it as goals from Dias FELIPE, Gerald ASAMOAH and Alexandre NEI took the Friuli side level on points with Roma and Milan with Fiorentina eight points ahead of the three sides. Internazionale are currently only two points further back as with eleven matches left it is anyone's Serie A title, and only Fiorentina's to give away. Philp believes that his side can take nine wins from the last eleven insisting that all but the matches against Roma and Juventus present no problems and so would be right up there. And coincidentally their next match is Juventus where Higuain and the stars will return and play the 90.

higuain1.jpg

29433_hp.jpg

"I expect more!"

Following their recent dip in form, Parma manager Tony Baldo has today said that he expects much more from his squad and conceded that theyprobably don't deserve to play in the SMFA Champs Cup just yet. Sitting sixth in the league a place in the SMFA Shield does look assured but is that enough to satisfy the boss?

Tony told SMTV earlier, "When you fail to pick up 3 points against teams significantly lower than yourselves like last night then you have to be dissapointed. It's left us with a worser chance of getting into the SMFA Champs Cup which is my overall target with this squad. We can only fight until the end and hope for something special but on a positive note we are still improving, finishing 6th would be better than the 8th place we finished last season."

29433_hp.jpg

"I expect more!"

Following their recent dip in form' date=' Parma manager Tony Baldo has today said that he expects much more from his squad and conceded that theyprobably don't deserve to play in the SMFA Champs Cup just yet. Sitting sixth in the league a place in the SMFA Shield does look assured but is that enough to satisfy the boss?

Tony told SMTV earlier, [i']"When you fail to pick up 3 points against teams significantly lower than yourselves like last night then you have to be dissapointed. It's left us with a worser chance of getting into the SMFA Champs Cup which is my overall target with this squad. We can only fight until the end and hope for something special but on a positive note we are still improving, finishing 6th would be better than the 8th place we finished last season."[/i]

Austin blasts back at Tony Baldo, saying- When you look upon teams as inferior, you take the wrong approach to tackle them, and thats how you couldnt get a home win against a lesser rated manager who was playig his first game in charge.

Our goal is to grab a top 10 posistion and thats how we are going to to it, by grabbing two points over conceited managers and clubs like yourself!!

Austin blasts back at Tony Baldo' date=' saying- When you look upon teams as inferior, you take the wrong approach to tackle them, and thats how you couldnt get a home win against a lesser rated manager who was playig his first game in charge.

Our goal is to grab a top 10 posistion and thats how we are going to to it, by grabbing two points over conceited managers and clubs like yourself!![/quote']

Well it's nice to see you set yourself hard targets. :rolleyes: Top 10, when you're 1 point away. I'm satisfied with my approach this season with Parma anyway, they're now a Serie B team and I consistently get them into the Shield.

Well it's nice to see you set yourself hard targets. :rolleyes: Top 10' date=' when you're 1 point away. I'm satisfied with my approach this season with Parma anyway, they're now a Serie B team and I consistently get them into the Shield.[/quote']

lol, didnt glance at the table before i opened my mouth(or in this case, keyboard:eek: )

Oh, and as foryour comments about Club Brugge in GC 12, I didnt even know I had them anymore!.Just basically ignored them until I found out yesterday I lost to you at home, and started recruiting for revenge.)

As in the One, I didnt get relegated either, Alkamaar did!)

Back on topic though, Napoili's chairman has glanced at the table, and has set the goal for Europe instead of a top 10 spot!

Livorno fall to Napoli!

746_1215505679.jpghttp:

After drawing their first match away at Parma,Napoli took on Livorno hoping to get off to a better start at home.

746_1215505679.jpg 4 - 0 113_1195944609.gif

0:

Kick-Off

1: GOAL!! - A miss-hit shot from Maurizio DOMIZZI squirms under the keepers body! He's embarrassed to claim that one!

7: Alfonso DE LUCIA is quick off his line to clear the danger

8: Marcelo ZALAYETA lacks the final touch

11: Antonio FILIPPINI drags his shot wide

12: Massimo LOVISO finds himself in plenty of space as he rushes his shot into the arms of the keeper

14: Kemal AHMED HASSAN comes within inches of scoring, getting on the edge of a fine cross, glancing his free header just wide

18: Mokete TSOTETSI try from 15 yards is a false dawn, as it slips past the keepers near post!

20: A ferocious free kick has Mathias HAIN scrambling to turn it round for a corner

21: An excellent strike is tipped over the bar by Alfonso DE LUCIA

22: A poor finish by Antonio FILIPPINI

23: A low cross is lashed into the box but Fernando LLORENTE fails to control it

25: Mathias HAIN shows safe hands to make a comfortable save!

29: GOAL!! - Fernando LLORENTE rises majestically and heads the inswinging corner into the net!

30: GOAL!! - A dangerous corner is whipped in and Fernando LLORENTE nods the ball home!

32: GOAL!! - Marcelo ZALAYETA volleys it into the back of the net

34: A spectacular overhead kick by Kemal AHMED HASSAN flies wide of the mark

42: The striker burst through the rearguard not believing his luck but Alfonso DE LUCIA is quick off his line

44: Herrera DIEGO TRISTAN places a right foot shot wide from twenty five yards out

45:

Half Time

51: A lot of shouting by Nico PULZETTI, trying to encourage his team mates to keep up their work rate

52: A dangerous cross by Nico PULZETTI races across the mouth of the goal

53: Fernando LLORENTE takes the ball around two defenders but then fluffs his shot

61: BOOKED - After consulting with his linesman the ref cautions Mihail VENKOV for shirt pulling

67: Some hard tackling by Antonio FILIPPINI, contributing to his teams defence

69: The keeper comes roaring off his line and clatters with Mihail VENKOV sending the ball wide

73: Herrera DIEGO TRISTAN dives in at the near post only to be denied by the woodwork

74: A shot from distance is stopped by Mathias HAIN

77: Herrera DIEGO TRISTAN wins the aerial challenge

81: Paolo CANNAVARO nods down a high ball across the face of goal

88: Alfonso DE LUCIA pushes it wide of the post with his finger tips!

89: A mix up in the defence allows Fausto ROSSINI to hammer his shot over

90:

Full Time

It is obvious that the road to success for Napoli is defense.So it was therefore unsurprising when Austin's team came out and spread out into a 5 man sweeper defense.

Livorno were apparently thrown, as they were prepared to face the 3-4-1-2 that Napoli used in their last match.

The shock was too much however, and Napoli took advantage when a mi shot from Dommizi went under the keeper's body.

1 - 0, and now Napoli needed to consolidate.

Napoli continued to pressure, Domizzi and zalayeta coming close for the hosts.

a quick torrent of goals came in 3 minutes between the 29th and the 32nd instantly.

Llorente rose to meet a well hit corner in into the back of the net, putting Napoli 2 goals up.

the same llorent headed in yet another corner home to kill off the game and make it 3 - 0, before Zalyaeta volleyed home to kill off the game, a 4 - 0 trashing

19690_HP.jpg

opened the scoring and got the mom

yeste.jpg

netted a brace for Napoli

Zalayeta1.JPG

super volley

POSSEBON JOINS MILAN - "WE WILL FULFILL HIS POTENTIAL," TOM G

100px-AC_Milan.svg.png

Today, AC Milan officially unvealed new super young sensation Possebon, ex of seen in action for Manchester United in the Premier league against Newcastle. The youngster impressed, despite scoring no goals on his debut.

The fee is belived to be in the region of 9m (euroes) and goes straight into the youth squad.

1908746.jpg

100px-AC_Milan.svg.png

Wembley for Roma as they beat Chelsea 1-0 in Pens to reach the final

ITS AN ALL ITALIAN FINAL AS REIGNING CHAMPIONS INTER GO AGAINST MY PUNY ROMA :P:D

this reigning champions failed to beat a weak useless napoli away from home, losing a shocking 2 - 1

I have now won 5 from my first 6 matches, conceding 1 along the way.

Good luck Sparky, and I just hope you dont meet me in the league again this season, for your sake!!;)

this reigning champions failed to beat a weak useless napoli away from home' date=' losing a shocking 2 - 1

I have now won 5 from my first 6 matches, conceding 1 along the way.

Good luck Sparky, and I just hope you dont meet me in the league again this season, for your sake!!;)[/quote']

i wudnt say shocking considering their lineup.

and good luck sparky, hope the best team wins.

i wudnt say shocking considering their lineup.

and good luck sparky' date=' hope the best team wins.[/quote']

You're gonna win obviously, Iniesta is injured, De Rossi is suspended and my team is NMF:mad:

My first SMFA Final and it's already blown!:o

Nice win again Guy;)

all's fair in love and war, as they say,,, tho I dont know what the heck thats supposed to mean.

My Napoli move up to 9th now, but a future in Europe still looks quite bleak:(

MR in a min..

You're gonna win obviously' date=' Iniesta is injured, De Rossi is suspended and my team is NMF:mad:

My first SMFA Final and it's already blown!:o

Nice win again Guy;)[/quote']

shhhhhhh no jynxing allowed, gl tho.

ah good luck both o ya, but I personally think Guy will win because his formation counters Ahmeds and when two people use all over, the away team usually wins.

Anyways, its a rickety match engine out there, so who knows!?