Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Ross.DAFC85

Re: Gold Championship 10 Match Report Thread

Exeter smash transfer record for Soldado

Roberto-Soldado-007.jpg

Exeter City smashed their transfer record late on Wednesday with the £27.6 million signing of Spanish striker Roberto Soldado, easily beating the previous highest fee of £20.4 million for Cedric Carrasso in December 2010. The 27 year old joins his 9th club in 11 seasons and has signed a 4 year contract after leaving Dynamo Moskva having played just 12 games in Russia. Despite interest from a number of other clubs, Soldado chose to continue his career in England where he has previously had a short loan spell at Blackburn and 3 seasons with Bolton. With Lisandro Lopez, Daniel Sturridge, Jeronimo Cacau and Eduardo da Silva already at the club Soldado will need to prove himself quickly when given his chance in the first team. However, with Lopez out injured for 3 weeks it is likely Soldado will make his debut tonight at his old club Bolton.

Didn't even realise I had the English Shield final yesterday and hadn't logged in since Saturday but luckily my first team were fit enough to beat Blackburn 2-1 with goals from N'Zogbia and Cacau.

First honour with them since winning the 2nd Division four seasons ago:o

• 3 weeks later...

Lyon still looking to sell Essien.

Need a CM (That can be a DM, or a CM/AM or CM/DM) and a CB.

Anyone interested at any level?

Im looking for a new Centre Forward or Forward.

Can offer Gervinho (90) + Mertens (88) aswell, if you have someone around the 90 mark, or slightly lower who has ability to rise a place or two higher, let me know and we can sort something out :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After 4 seasons without winning anything, Exeter now add the English Cup to the Shield after a 4-1 win over Aston Villa.

Once again I was lucky as I played the reserves on Saturday but then didn't bother coming online on Monday but somehow they managed to win both games.

Another disappointing year in the league comes to an end tonight, hopefully next year I can finally win the league and then I can quit :o

• 3 months later...

**DIVISION 4 NEWS**

After an unbeaten run of 23 games, Leyton Orient lost a top of the table clash 3-0 away to 2nd place Crewe Alexandra!!

The O's are now 9 points clear of Crewe in 1st place.

And have a 16 point buffer between them and

Dagenham & Gillingham in 3rd/4th place.

Promotion still looks a strong possibility in Coach Jose Nowinho's first season in charge!

***ENGLISH CUP***

It was only a 2nd round match, but the tie between,

Bristol City and Leyton Orient,

saw the teams top of League One & League Two, go head to head.

Orient fancied their chances even though they were away from home against a slightly stronger team. But their efforts weren't enough and they lost a close match 2-1.

Full focus goes towards promotion and hopefully clinching the League Two title.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thankfully went from top on GD to winning the league with one game to spare thanks to a 2-1 win over second place Marseille at the Velodrome. Lyon are 5 points clear with a game remaining.

Robin Van Persie and Moura Lucas got the goals which sealed the sides first league title in 4 years after Marseille won the title 3 years running. B)

Ill offer Van Der Vaart (92) + Gervinho (90) for a (93) Midfielder, or Coentrao (91) + Van Der Vaart (92) for a defender who can play LB (92+). Doesnt have to be a LB, can be a CB/LB for eg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ORIENT PROMOTED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

With 2 games to spare,

Leyton Orient have won League One to secure promotion to the Championship next season.

It's the first time that the O's have reached the 2nd tier of English football since the early 1980's.

Chairman Barry Hearn said....

"Our manager Jose Nowinho is a genius.

He's led our club to 2 consecutive league titles & promotions

and built a squad that could challenge for promotion to the Premiership.

All on a small budget at this tiny club but great little club.

A number of bigger clubs have been after him.

But I want him to stay, the fans and the players want him to stay,

so I hope he'll stay"

• 2 years later...