Gunter goes to Tottenham.

Chris Gunter an 18 year old welsh left back has been confirmed of a move to tottenham hotspurs when the transfer market re-opens. They have bought him due to long term injuries for bale and assou ekotto.

Not sure about the rest of you on here, but this seems to be a 'deja vu' situation as it was only a few months ago when 18year old welsh left back bale joined the club from southampton.

So what now for spurs and wales with their two brigthest left backs playing for the same team, surely they cant both shine?

Re: Gunter goes to Tottenham.

Chris Gunter an 18 year old welsh left back has been confirmed of a move to tottenham hotspurs when the transfer market re-opens. They have bought him due to long term injuries for bale and assou ekotto.

Not sure about the rest of you on here' date=' but this seems to be a 'deja vu' situation as it was only a few months ago when 18year old welsh left back bale joined the club from southampton.

So what now for spurs and wales with their two brigthest left backs playing for the same team, surely they cant both shine?[/quote']

Heard this on the way home from work and had a few thoughts on it so i thought i'd share them! (don't berate me for it)

This signing, in my opinion, is what is fundamentally wrong with Tottenham Hotspurs! Exactly who is running the club? I guarentee you that Ramos who's little or nothing about Chris Gunter and was not the person asking for this transfer to be done. So if he wasn't who the heck was? Surely the manager should be the man that is picking which players are brought to the club 100% of the time? After all he is the man that has to pick the players for each game and the tactics so he needs to have the players he wants to be able to make a side successful. It makes me laugh seeing a signing like this as Chris Gunter is a decent prospect but Spurs are just mass buying young British talent, I don't really see why? I am pretty sure that is not what Ramos would want to do. £3 million is a lot of money for a player that might not play for quite a while and could have been put towards strengthing the first team as it is obvious that it needs it.

Heard this on the way home from work and had a few thoughts on it so i thought i'd share them! (don't berate me for it)

This signing' date=' in my opinion, is what is fundamentally wrong with Tottenham Hotspurs! Exactly who is running the club? I guarentee you that Ramos who's little or nothing about Chris Gunter and was not the person asking for this transfer to be done. So if he wasn't who the heck was? Surely the manager should be the man that is picking which players are brought to the club 100% of the time? After all he is the man that has to pick the players for each game and the tactics so he needs to have the players he wants to be able to make a side successful. It makes me laugh seeing a signing like this as Chris Gunter is a decent prospect but Spurs are just mass buying young British talent, I don't really see why? I am pretty sure that is not what Ramos would want to do. £3 million is a lot of money for a player that might not play for quite a while and could have been put towards strengthing the first team as it is obvious that it needs it.[/quote']

Agree with you Leigh. Jol after being sacked said on Ditch television he had little to do with most of the Spurs summer signings. He also stated that he was actually looking to buy Elano and Petrov and that the Spurs board wanted to buy youngsters and thus Elano and Petrov did not come into the picture.

i dont think tottenham will play bale LB and gunter rb because i dont think that Chris Gunter is better then pascal chimbonda. and u think this singing is poor

Its a good signing but the thing is clubs like Newcastle United and Spurs have a realy bad impact on Young defenders. Kaboul is a good example. I watched him play in the ligue 1 and he looked good but since he has come to Spurs hes been awful.

Not sure about the rest of you on here' date=' but this seems to be a 'deja vu' situation as it was only a few months ago when 18year old welsh left back bale joined the club from southampton.

So what now for spurs and wales with their two brigthest left backs playing for the same team, surely they cant both shine?[/quote']

im a bit upset of course, and as gunter is a RB, there should be no problems in the long term future of our two best youngsters.

spurs came in for him because against germany he looked as if he had played there all his life, and was one of the stand out performances, and his performances for cardiff at championship level have been very strong for an 18 year old.

he will play at LB till bale is fit, then he will be a bit part player.

we will get about £2m up front, the rest made up of add ons, which is not too bad for a player who largely this season, has been a substitute, and came out of the academy not too long ago. i wish him all the best :)

img.45284_t.jpg