Sign in to follow this  
Alex Baseman

Age of players and performance

Hi All! (Sorry, if there is already a thread to this topic but I could not find one)

Does the age of a player have influence on his performance?

If not, then why shouldn´t I buy only old players (31+) with a high rating who are cheaper (except that their rating and value will probably decrease or they will retire in the future)?

And does the average age of my ´11 players´ - as shown in the tactics menu - have influence on the team performance?

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, Alex Baseman said:

Hi All! (Sorry, if there is already a thread to this topic but I could not find one)

Does the age of a player have influence on his performance?

If not, then why shouldn´t I buy only old players (31+) with a high rating who are cheaper (except that their rating and value will probably decrease or they will retire in the future)?

And does the average age of my ´11 players´ - as shown in the tactics menu - have influence on the team performance?

Thank you very much

Age doesn't influence directly performance quality, but it seems to take a bit of toll on the player fitness (both in-match and in recovery times).

32 minutes ago, Alex Baseman said:

And which influence has morale?

The now-number 1 goalkeeper of another team without manager has only 40 % morale. Which effects could that have?

Thanks a lot! :-)

You are welcome! Technically a player with lower morale should not perform as good as when he is at higher level of morale.