On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, TMCosta said:

Only +1 for Dimata and +2 for Letica? :)

I'm speaking about now of course. The Belgian review is 4 or 5 months from now. A lot can happen, but for the moment Letica is losing his place to the benefit of Ethan Horvath. 

Brugge finally have put an end to their winless streak and how. Winning by a 4 goal margin is the biggest win of any Belgian club in the CL, not only Brugge. It wasn't even their best game this season. They deserved more than 1 point from the first 3 games. Now they've earned 3 from this game and have basically secured EL football as I very much doubt Monaco will overtake Brugge.

After the draw I said: "Club v. Cercle's feeder team from the farmers league". Turns out I wasn't kidding (but I didn't know that at the time). A shame Gent didn't knock out that other woeful team from the farmers league in the play-offs. In that case they could have added to the coefficient and make up for last year's nightmare in Europe. I'm happy with Brugge though and hope they do well in the EL.

15 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

@TMCosta Why 'a crying face' for the post of AS Monaco - Club Brugge ?

16 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

I'm speaking about now of course. The Belgian review is 4 or 5 months from now. A lot can happen, but for the moment Letica is losing his place to the benefit of Ethan Horvath. 

The same....Letica... 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, 1000dB said:

Brugge finally have put an end to their winless streak and how. Winning by a 4 goal margin is the biggest win of any Belgian club in the CL, not only Brugge. It wasn't even their best game this season. They deserved more than 1 point from the first 3 games. Now they've earned 3 from this game and have basically secured EL football as I very much doubt Monaco will overtake Brugge.

After the draw I said: "Club v. Cercle's feeder team from the farmers league". Turns out I wasn't kidding (but I didn't know that at the time). A shame Gent didn't knock out that other woeful team from the farmers league in the play-offs. In that case they could have added to the coefficient and make up for last year's nightmare in Europe. I'm happy with Brugge though and hope they do well in the EL.

Yeah, especially against Borussia Dortmund they deserved more. They were better, but with a lucky shot of Pulisic they lost.. .

Yesterday in the Europa League RSC Anderlecht dissapointed again. KRC Genk did a good job against a good Besiktas (KRC Genk - Besiktas 1-1). Standard Luik did it good against nr.3 from Russia, but they didn't enough with the chances they had. It could be 0-3, but because of that they lost at the end of the game :( . Too pitty 

Yep Lestienne almost scored a beauty to take Standard to 0-2. A draw would have been enough to put them in 2nd with a fair chance of surviving the group. Now qualification is a big ask.

Anderlecht are out but hopefully they'll win their last two games and add to the coefficient. At home against Spartak Trnava, come on, you simply have to win it. Dinamo Zagreb might already have secured the top spot in the group and not care that much in their final group game against Anderlecht.

It's a shame that Genk, after putting in such a strong performance in Turkey, didn't go all out for another win in the direct confrontation with the Turks. TBF had Heynen scored the last-gasp winner Genk would have gotten more than they deserved, especially as they missed the start of the game. Despite the draw Genk are still well-placed to advance to the KO phase.

It looks like Genk will be the sole survivor of these three but most likely they'll be joined by Brugge. Genk should be able to win their group and Brugge are currently the 3rd best side of the 8 that drop down from the CL, i.e. both of them will be seeded in the round of 32 draw.

All four Belgian clubs combined collected 13 (coefficient) points from the first four MDs (5W-3D-8L, not counting Brugge's bonus for reaching the CLGS). I'm expecting about 8 to 10 points from the remaining group games with a few of the easier ties, on paper at least, still ahead. Surely Anderlecht can't keep screwing up. That would put us on 6.8 - 7.2 for the current season. That's a good average to keep Belgium in the top 11 (with a direct CLGS spot). Still we need to make up for last year's nightmare in Europe. So this year, and the next three seasons, we need to average 8.1 instead of 7. With Brugge and Genk both seeded you'd expect a decent draw. Unless we're terribly unlucky we should get there comfortably. Who knows we might be treated to a couple of deep runs in the EL again.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, 1000dB said:

Yep Lestienne almost scored a beauty to take Standard to 0-2. A draw would have been enough to put them in 2nd with a fair chance of surviving the group. Now qualification is a big ask.

Anderlecht are out but hopefully they'll win their last two games and add to the coefficient. At home against Spartak Trnava, come on, you simply have to win it. Dinamo Zagreb might already have secured the top spot in the group and not care that much in their final group game against Anderlecht.

It's a shame that Genk, after putting in such a strong performance in Turkey, didn't go all out for another win in the direct confrontation with the Turks. TBF had Heynen scored the last-gasp winner Genk would have gotten more than they deserved, especially as they missed the start of the game. Despite the draw Genk are still well-placed to advance to the KO phase.

It looks like Genk will be the sole survivor of these three but most likely they'll be joined by Brugge. Genk should be able to win their group and Brugge are currently the 3rd best side of the 8 that drop down from the CL, i.e. both of them will be seeded in the round of 32 draw.

All four Belgian clubs combined collected 13 (coefficient) points from the first four MDs (5W-3D-8L, not counting Brugge's bonus for reaching the CLGS). I'm expecting about 8 to 10 points from the remaining group games with a few of the easier ties, on paper at least, still ahead. Surely Anderlecht can't keep screwing up. That would put us on 6.8 - 7.2 for the current season. That's a good average to keep Belgium in the top 11 (with a direct CLGS spot). Still we need to make up for last year's nightmare in Europe. So this year, and the next three seasons, we need to average 8.1 instead of 7. With Brugge and Genk both seeded you'd expect a decent draw. Unless we're terribly unlucky we should get there comfortably. Who knows we might be treated to a couple of deep runs in the EL again.

Besiktas was also very good thursday. They clearly underrated KRC Genk a couple of weeks ago. Standard Luik still have a chance for the next round, but they need to win against Sevilla for that. 

More leaks:

https://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/voetbal-nationaal/pro-league-wist-dat-makelaar-pini-zahavi-mouscron-controleerde/article-normal-1390927.html

- Mouscron reeks. Zahavi/Ramadani/Piempongsant even got help from the Pro League's CEO.

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20181112_03937443

- Anderlecht peddling kiddies, i.e. Doku and Patoulidis.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/soccer-files-fees

Sounds like Kompany's father helped his son cheat the tax authorities to the tune of a couple of millions. It wouldn't be a good look back when he was a taxi driver and definitely not now, as the new mayor of Ganshoren.

25 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

More leaks:

https://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/voetbal-nationaal/pro-league-wist-dat-makelaar-pini-zahavi-mouscron-controleerde/article-normal-1390927.html

- Mouscron reeks. Zahavi/Ramadani/Piempongsant even got help from the Pro League's CEO.

Sounds like Kompany's father helped his son cheat the tax authorities to the tune of a couple of millions. It wouldn't be a good look back when he was a taxi driver and definitely not now, as the new mayor of Ganshoren.

As we usually say in Portugal "Laundry Mendes" LOL the money from transfers tendes to disappear...

19 hours ago, 1000dB said:

More leaks:

About the one in bold you need to know that was in the period with Herman Van Holsbeeck (and Roger Van De Stock). Marc Coucke took over. Apparently he was shocked when he took Anderlecht over... . 

@TMCosta So far Mendes has evaded the attention of the authorities in Belgium. Maybe you know more about his dealings in Belgium? It looks like he's linked with D'Onofrio (quite a shady figure and he's been sentenced before). D'Onofrio is now at Antwerp and despite not being allowed to act as an agent it seems too hard to resist, e.g. Mbemba to Porto, Witsel to Dortmund, ... He also worked out a (cooperation) deal between Antwerp and Porto with his old friend, Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa. In the past D'Onofrio was involved in deals with Vítor Baía, Jorge Costa, Sergio Conceiçao, Defour, Fellaini, Mangala, Desailly, Deschamps, Henry, Zidane, ... I read a couple of articles that claimed he had partnered up with Mendes and last time Mourinho was in Belgium it was D'Onofrio who he sat next to.

Craig Butler, Leon Bailey's adoptive father/agent, is known to shoot off his mouth and there are quite a few strange stories about the guy. He once said: “I’m moving in a different realm now. I’m friends with Jorge Mendes, Mino Raiola, Pino Zahavi, all the major players. Teams now recognize us”. It sounded like more of his nonsense but there might have been contacts with Mendes or more likely with D'Onofrio. Butler, now president of a Maltese club (St. Andrews FC), seems to have ended up with Zahavi (and his strong Maltese links)/Ramadani/Damjanac/Piempongsant though.

@thorgan lesar yes Coucke was shocked when he took over. He also didn't want anything to do with Van Holsbeeck's contact, Bayat. Still needed him to get rid of Teodorczyk and loaning Thelin to Waasland-Beveren (later moving to Leverkusen, quite the step up). Also, do you know who pulled the strings in Dendoncker's transfer to Wolves? He wasn't interested in putting his future in the hands of Doyen, declining to move to OM, but in the end still went to a Mendes club. Reportedly Bayat wanted to move him to Watford.

Finally, police have searched the premises of Zahavi's Mouscron (and BAS + the Belgian FA). Three board members from Mouscron have been taken into custody. Who knows we might get a few stories about the likes of Pjanic, Koulibaly, Perisic, ... as well.

18 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

@TMCosta So far Mendes has evaded the attention of the authorities in Belgium. Maybe you know more about his dealings in Belgium? It looks like he's linked with D'Onofrio (quite a shady figure and he's been sentenced before). D'Onofrio is now at Antwerp and despite not being allowed to act as an agent it seems too hard to resist, e.g. Mbemba to Porto, Witsel to Wolfsburg, ... He also worked out a (cooperation) deal between Antwerp and Porto with his old friend, Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa. In the past D'Onofrio was involved in deals with Vítor Baía, Jorge Costa, Sergio Conceiçao, Defour, Fellaini, Mangala, Desailly, Deschamps, Henry, Zidane, ... I read a couple of articles that claimed he had partnered up with Mendes and last time Mourinho was in Belgium it was D'Onofrio who he sat next to.

Craig Butler, Leon Bailey's adoptive father/agent, is known to shoot off his mouth and there are quite a few strange stories about the guy. He once said: “I’m moving in a different realm now. I’m friends with Jorge Mendes, Mino Raiola, Pino Zahavi, all the major players. Teams now recognize us”. It sounded like more of his nonsense but there might have been contacts with Mendes or more likely with D'Onofrio. Butler, now president of a Maltese club (St. Andrews FC), seems to have ended up with Zahavi (and his strong Maltese links)/Ramadani/Damjanac/Piempongsant though.

@thorgan lesar yes Coucke was shocked when he took over. He also didn't want anything to do with Van Holsbeeck's contact, Bayat. Still needed him to get rid of Teodorczyk and loaning Thelin to Waasland-Beveren (later moving to Leverkusen, quite the step up). Also, do you know who pulled the strings in Dendoncker's transfer to Wolves? He wasn't interested in putting his future in the hands of Doyen, declining to move to OM, but in the end still went to a Mendes club. Reportedly Bayat wanted to move him to Watford.

Finally, police have searched the premises of Zahavi's Mouscron (and BAS + the Belgian FA). Three board members from Mouscron have been taken into custody. Who knows we might get a few stories about the likes of Pjanic, Koulibaly, Perisic, ... as well.

What I do know is that the relation of Pinto da Costa and Jorge Mendes ended a few years back (with some exceptions of course). Then Mendes started to make business with Luís Filipe Vieira (this one is not shady cause everybody knows what he did/does LOL also sentenced....is now one of the richest man in Portugal). Coincidence or not Benfica started to dominating Portuguese football.

Pinto da Costa (yes he is shady too and loves women LOL always with a much younger girlfriend and he already got into trouble because of that) and D'Onofrio always been friends apart from that...i really dont know.