Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Belgian risers --> this link: Risers in Belgium

Not realy. Portugal is very capable of doing something like that

Individual rapport Yari Verschaeren   Age: 17 Position: AM(RLC) Nationality: Belgium Team: RSC Anderlecht SM Value: 280K SM Rates: 70 Minutes: 526 minutes

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Hi

This is a list with potential risers and a selection of "MUST BUY".

The list (press here)

Btw, feel free to read this thread if you want. You got your time, no ? :) 

Thanks and yes,I will try to read this thread when I get free time.Any idea when will be the next review of Belgium?

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 10:47 PM, muallan said:

Would appreciate your opinions on Casper de Norre and Idrissa Doumbia.

Hello,

Casper De Norre is playing good and if he continues like that he can get chances for a top club on long term. Is showing what a linksback needs as qualities. For the moment not an absolute must buy, but for sure someone you will have on long term. Idrissa Doumbia is playing a lot for SV Zulte Waregem. He is the replacer for Soualiho Meîté that left to AS Monaco. Is an absolute must buy. He is keeping better and better.

On 04/10/2017 at 12:42 AM, thorgan lesar said:

I think KAS Eupen is going stay in the first division thanks to Mbaye Leye. Aw just played 1 match with KAS Eupen till now. Eric Ocansey is playing on his position for the moment. Wague played everything till now, but he had some enormous fails. So to be the future back of Senegal is going to take a while. He has talent, but not good enough to be the future back for the moment. Akram Afif is a youngster from Qatar. He is finally showing some talent, but it's going with golves for him in the beginning of this season. If you watch to a new Onyekuru, you need too watch KV Mechelen. There is someone from Burkina Faso that is a revelation for the moment. He's called Hassane Bandé. He isn't yet in the database. When he is you can see in the list "NEW PLAYERS" :) 

If you don't want to watch each day to that list, I will say it when he is in the database. :) 

Hope you have something from this thread

Thanks for your insight, already have info on Ocansey, Afif. Bande was the player i am waiting on next, i do follow Belgium closely ;-) but good to get local knowledge too!

Moussa Wague was picked again for Senegal and was EXCELLENT in their 0-2 victory over Cape Verde. They are praising him highly for resolving there fullback issue. Hopefully he can pick up his league form as he gathers experience.

8 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Thanks for your insight, already have info on Ocansey, Afif. Bande was the player i am waiting on next, i do follow Belgium closely ;-) but good to get local knowledge too!

Moussa Wague was picked again for Senegal and was EXCELLENT in their 0-2 victory over Cape Verde. They are praising him highly for resolving there fullback issue. Hopefully he can pick up his league form as he gathers experience.

Wague has a nice style of playing. Is good as a wingback, but as defender on his self, he needs to keep playing. 

40 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

Svilar becomes the youngest goalkeeper ever to play for Benfica. Good job Anderlecht #InYouthWeTrust???

Really ?! Didn't know that. I was already impressed by Kevin De Bruyne, Thomas Meunier and KAA Gent their playing today. Above that a new Belgian talent gets his chance. Like it.

And yes, RSC Anderlecht was stupid. They were stupid to listen to René Weiler, who "hates" youngsters. The problem of Anderlecht is that they are a bit too close to their coach. They let him do too much. You can see that with Jon Van Den Brom (youth was getting chances, attacking style of playing), Besnik Hasi (the baddest coach RSCA had in a while, youth got some chances), René Weiler (very direct playing and youth wasn't good enough). It really depends on the coach and that is too bad. They need to have a vision and say "This is our vision, we stand for chances for the youth and are for attacking style of playing" end of story.

But hey, we have now a top coach with Hein Vanhaezebrouck and in KAA Gent got Louis Verstraete, Brecht Dejaegere (made by him), Thibault De Smet and Siebe Horemans their chances and the youth of Anderlecht is better, so chance is higher in Anderlecht then in Ghent.

I hope it's going to change with Vanhaezebrouck.

@thorgan lesar clean sheet for Svilar and a goal for Gabigol.

Svilar made his debut at the same stadium, defended the same goal during the 1st half and played against the same team as Jan Oblak did during his Benfica debut. Oblak was the youngest non-Portuguese goalie to play for Benfica until ... Svilar. That settles it then. Seeing we're calling up 4 goalies anyway and have 2 GK coaches why not select a 5th.

DMH5tUZWAAILIzJ.jpg

22 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Svilar made his debut at the same stadium, defended the same goal during the 1st half and played against the same team as Jan Oblak did during his Benfica debut. Oblak was the youngest non-Portuguese goalie to play for Benfica until ... Svilar. That settles it then. Seeing we're calling up 4 goalies anyway and have 2 GK coaches why not select a 5th.

DMH5tUZWAAILIzJ.jpg

It's possible Svilar will chose Serbia above Belgium, but I hope he will stay with Belgium.

22 hours ago, 1000dB said:

DMH5tUZWAAILIzJ.jpg

By the way, Lucas Pirard and Colin Coosemans are also good Belgian talents who deserves to be nr. 3.

26 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

It's possible Svilar will chose Serbia above Belgium, but I hope he will stay with Belgium.

Born and raised in Belgium, he received his (football) education here and he came through the Belgian youth teams, so I'm also firmly in favour of him staying with Belgium. Sels getting called up is a bit odd. You could argue Boeckx deserves a call-up too then. Unless they're needed in the youth teams I'd rather give young talents a look in (adding to their experience and helping them to adjust more smoothly once they're ready to make the step from youth to first team). Courtois has hopefully a long career ahead of him but other goalies will get their chances and it would be great if his successor is waiting in the wings. Let's see if Svilar unlocks his potential first.

2 hours ago, Garof said:

How promising is Yari Verschaeren?

Yari Verschaeren

=> One of the biggest talents in the youth of Anderlecht. He is still very young (you know that), he is frequently important for the -17 of Anderlecht & the national team -17. What I learned these period is that there is no one of such a young age of Belgium (Jupiler Pro League) in the database of Soccer Manager.

=> He got his first pro-contract one month ago in Anderlecht on the moment he got 16 years old. He is a good technic player, but the most surprising he has is his intelligence on the field. One big advantage is that he can run a lot in 1 game. You can talk about 11 à 12 km.

=> So if he continue like that and developp step by step, he will be in 1 - 2 years a new Belgian "wonderkid". It seems logical etc, but if he works hard he will get there.

=> Often he was chosen as best player on a tournament for youngsters.

These is easy to say, but I see him as follower of Youri Tielemans.

Possible rate in the Jupiler Pro League

Hans Vanaken (Club Brugge KV, Age: 25)

He needs to impress me to deserve a higher rate then he now has (rate: 87), but for the moment he is playing with such a good level. That's the reason I make a rapport about him. He sees more then a normal player with such an intelligence on the field. He is growing to a level what I didn't expect of him. I'm a fan of RSC Anderlecht (rival of Club Brugge), so to impress me as Club Brugge player you need to be very good. Ivan Leko is a new coach from the beginning of the competition and the system (3-5-2) is a big advantage for Hans Vanaken. He fits good in this system and can grow to his specific qualities he has. I can say FINALLY he plays like he can. I think he can be better if he understands that he has specific qualities. Once he knows that, he will be a good player to be in the big selection (=50 players) that has a chance to be part of the national team of Belgium.

Options on that midfield:

1) Axel Witsel

2) Leander Dendoncker

3) Marouane Fellaini

4) Mousa Dembélé

5) Kevin De Bruyne

6) Radja Nainggolan

7) Youri Tielemans

8) Steven Defour

9) Sven Kums

10) Dennis Praet

11) Orel Mangala

12) Hans Vanaken (finally !)

=> this is not a ranking, this is made by positions. Witsel is the most "6" in our team, Dendoncker 2nd, Fellaini 3th (and a '8'), Dembélé 4th (and a '8') and then you have on the "8" the rest. They aren't players for the "6", but for the "8".

Possible rate:

87 -> 88

Afbeeldingsresultaten voor hans vanaken club brugge 2017

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:30 AM, 1000dB said:

Born and raised in Belgium, he received his (football) education here and he came through the Belgian youth teams, so I'm also firmly in favour of him staying with Belgium. Sels getting called up is a bit odd. You could argue Boeckx deserves a call-up too then. Unless they're needed in the youth teams I'd rather give young talents a look in (adding to their experience and helping them to adjust more smoothly once they're ready to make the step from youth to first team). Courtois has hopefully a long career ahead of him but other goalies will get their chances and it would be great if his successor is waiting in the wings. Let's see if Svilar unlocks his potential first.

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2017-10-17/mile-svilar-heeft-het-verkorven-bij-anderlecht-en-nu-ook-bij-de-belgische-u19#reacties

Like I said and knew for a time. There is a problem with Svilar and not only in Anderlecht. When he was looking for a new team, he asked Nemanja Matic (Serbian player I think) for advice. That says something.

I also want that he breaks out in SL Benfica, but for the moment it looks like he will chose Serbia.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, 1000dB said:

Svilar becomes the youngest goalkeeper ever to play for Benfica. Good job Anderlecht #InYouthWeTrust???

By the way. Yeah, you're right about your critic on the title "#InYouthWeTrust", but this comment is showing someone that has always critic if there is no chances for our youth. I'm also mad about that, but you need to understand that bringing talents in the football is a difficult job. That includes a lot to give the chances to grow step by step in the youth and the first team. Apparently Sebastiaan Bornauw trained previous week with Hein Vanhaezebrouck in Anderlecht. So we will see. Bornauw got a new contract today btw.

At the end it's the job of the player to make it in the football. You can help them a lot in their developpment, but if the player doesn't want to make it in the football whatever it takes. Yeah, that's their own fault.

This problem Svilar - Anderlecht is created by René Weiler. So if you want to speak about someone it's him.

How is it with Ismael Azzaoui ?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Ismail Azzaoui Willem II

(19 years old, Rate: 76)

1.     7 matches from the 8 matches, 3 times as a starter and 4 times came in.

2.     310 minutes from the 720 minutes

3.     1 goal

Ismael Azzaoui had a long injury previous season in Wolfsburg and was struggling to came back to the level he has. This year he is on loan to Willem II in The Netherlands. His owner is VFL Wolfsburg for the moment where 3 other Belgian players are playing.

He is developping well in Willem II, but it's not that easy. He isn't yet the player who makes the difference for Willem II for the moment. I guess he need some time like 2 - 3 months to find his level. He is still working on his injury, but he can play for the moment.

He is a player like Nacer Chadli. Some types like him we don't have so much. He has good technic and an excellent run ability. He gets finally his chances and he is just 19 years old. So he has the time, but the times comes slowly more and more important for him. Time to proof.

Will keep you up to date.

• Mr Noisy pinned this topic
  • Mr Noisy featured this topic
  • Mr Noisy unpinned, unfeatured and pinned this topic