Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

Hello Martinez, Valencia player is open for Belgium.

Andreas Pereira is playing really well in Valencia CF for the moment. He can chose for Brazil and Belgium. He is for the moment playing for Brazil (youth selections), but on his place Brazil and Belgium has a lot of concurrence. He said today that he wants to play for Belgium if they ask him.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Andreas Pereira valencia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Belgian risers --> this link: Risers in Belgium

Not realy. Portugal is very capable of doing something like that

Individual rapport Yari Verschaeren   Age: 17 Position: AM(RLC) Nationality: Belgium Team: RSC Anderlecht SM Value: 280K SM Rates: 70 Minutes: 526 minutes

Posted Images

The HUGE List that are followed as candidat to be a player of the national team of Belgium

These are around 50 players that has the chance for the moment to be a player of the national team. Some are logic, some you didn't know yet.

Goalkeepers

Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea FC), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool FC), Koen Casteels (VFL Wolfsburg), Matz Sels (RSC Anderlecht), Lucas Pirard (Sint-Truidense VV), Colin Coosemans (KV Mechelen)

Defenders

Thomas Meunier (PSG), Thomas Foket (KAA Gent), Timothy Castagne (Atalanta Bergamo), Dion Cools (Club Brugge KV), Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspurs), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic Glasgow), Laurent Ciman (Montréal Impact), Bjorn Engels (Olympiakos), Christian Kabasele (Watford), Jason Denayer (SK Galatasaray), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Thomas Vermaelen (FC Barcelona), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspurs), Nicolas Lombaerts (KV Oostende), Senna Miangue (Cagliari), Nana Asare (KAA Gent), Jordan Lukaku (Lazio Roma)

Midfielders

Axel Witsel (Tijangin Quanjian), Leander Dendoncker (RSC Anderlecht), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Mousa Dembélé (Tottenham Hotspurs), Radja Nainggolan (AS Roma), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Youri Tielemans (AS Monaco), Dennis Praet (UC Sampdoria), Steven Defour (Burnley FC), Orel Mangala (VFB Stuttgart), Sven Kums (RSC Anderlecht), Hans Vanaken (Club Brugge KV)

Wingback

Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad), Anthony Limbombe (Club Brugge KV), Nacer Chadli (West Bromwich Albion), Isaac Mbenza (Montpellier), Kevin Mirallas (Everton FC), Yannick Carrasco (Atlético Madrid), Thorgan Hazard (Mönchengladbach)

Secondary striker

Dries Mertens (SSC Napoli), Leandro Trossard (KRC Genk), Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC), Divock Origi (VFL Wolfsburg), Charly Musonda (Chelsea FC), Sander Coopman (Zulte Waregem)

Attackers

Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace), Landry Dimata (VFL Wolfsburg), Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea FC), Laurent Depoitre (Huddersfield Town)

Some interesting numbers of the selection

Abroad

Engeland:                          18

Chelsea FC                        4

Liverpool FC                      1

Tottenham Hotspurs      3

Watford                             1

Manchester City              2

Manchester United         2

Burnley FC                        1

West Bromwich Albion  1

Everton FC                        1

Crystal Palace                   1

Huddersfield Town         1

Germany:                           5

VFL Wolfsburg                  3

VFB Stuttgart                    1

Mönchengladbach           1

France:                               3

PSG                                     1

AS Monaco                       1

Montpellier                       1

Italy:                                   6

Atalanta Bergamo           1

Cagliari                               1

Lazio Roma                       1

AS Roma                            1

UC Sampdoria                  1

SSC Napoli                         1

Scotland:                           1

Celtic Glasgow                 1

Canada:                             1

Montréal Impact             1

Greece:                              1

Olympiakos FC                 1

Turkey:                               1

SK Galatasaray                 1

Spain:                                 3

FC Barcelona                    1

Real Sociedad                   1

Atlético Madrid                1

China:                                 1

Tijangin Quanjian            1

Belgium:                      13

RSC Anderlecht                 3

Sint-Truidense VV           1

KV Mechelen                    1

KAA Gent                           2

Club Brugge KV                3

KV Oostende                     1

KRC Genk                           1

Zulte Waregem                1

I am the first to say "Why always England". Anything you find something interesting and the opinion about the most Belgian candidates for the national team that are playing in England ?

39 players from this selection of 57 players are playing in the "Big five"-competition.

I don't recommend to chose England as first team in his career in Abroad. Generally it's also not necessary to chose England. Spain and Germany are good competitions for the developpment of the player. France and Italy also good options, but not my first choice. @1000dB

On 15/10/2017 at 11:30 PM, 1000dB said:

Born and raised in Belgium, he received his (football) education here and he came through the Belgian youth teams, so I'm also firmly in favour of him staying with Belgium. Sels getting called up is a bit odd. You could argue Boeckx deserves a call-up too then. Unless they're needed in the youth teams I'd rather give young talents a look in (adding to their experience and helping them to adjust more smoothly once they're ready to make the step from youth to first team). Courtois has hopefully a long career ahead of him but other goalies will get their chances and it would be great if his successor is waiting in the wings. Let's see if Svilar unlocks his potential first.

Maybe his dad, Antwerp Legend Ratko Svilar, could be swaying him towards his homeland. 

3 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Maybe his dad, Antwerp Legend Ratko Svilar, could be swaying him towards his homeland. 

His dad denied that and said his son will decide for himself. Possibly M.Svilar and his dad have very little patience and are trying to put pressure on the Belgian FA by ignoring U19 call-ups and based on what has been said in the media (including that Belgium, first team I guess, should call if they want him). It also sounds like the Serbian FA already is willing to offer a lot (without the need for Svilar to put pressure on Serbia). De Wilde, GK coach of Belgium's U21: "If he's a starter for Benfica and in the UCL then it would be stupid to ignore him. If he won't be playing for the U19 then he can be option for the U21 or maybe more."

On merit Svilar has a lot more to prove than the others that have a claim to the 3rd string goalie spot on Belgium's Russia2018 squad. If Svilar is pursuing this he isn't demanding any respect by forcing the issue. Top talents are often allowed to skip steps (to offer them more resistance at a higher level). So I'd be fine with him in the U21s and Bobby giving him a look in when he doesn't have an U21 game (like he's done for other players).

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/benfica/noticias/interior/servia-pode-roubar-svilar-para-o-mundial-2018-8858821.html

"...it would be good to steal"

If Svilar was born and raised in Serbia, received his (football) education there and he came through the Serbian youth teams, I'd also be firmly in favour of him staying with Serbia (but he wasn't, so yes Serbia are looking to steal). Imbula might be born in Brussels but moved to France before ever kicking a ball (so France for him) while it's the opposite for E.Mangala (his international career might be limited to the 18 minutes he was subbed on for France and that cap-tied him). Hazard even said France wanted him to play for them but he declined (he's Belgian and only played for a while in the most Belgian of all French clubs). And so on, and so on.

I read that Fifa are looking into relaxing the rules for players with dual nationality (so not for cases like Hazard but Mangala could take advantage from it). Giving these players even more priveleges than they currently have, especially the power to pressure FAs and NT managers, could lead to more abuse and increase inequality. Let's say Svilar comes good enough to overtake Mignolet but Courtois is still better. The rule change shouldn't allow him to demand to play over Courtois or threaten to switch. When players get to pick which country they want to play for why not watch club football instead? If Fifa change the rules I prefer they decrease instead of increase inequality between players with single and dual nationality.

All my respect for Belgian football. Looks like Belgium itself is a academy of future football stars. 
And best regards for you, guys, posting in this topic, helping us understand the importance of Belgium football in Europe. 
I saw that mistake in Svillar's match. He was a little nervous, and I understand that. But in general, he was a key-player. I bought him using your advice, and other good players.
Thank you again and long live Belgium.

On 30-9-2017 at 9:46 PM, 1000dB said:

Possibly he's still a Belgian resident (official residency in Belgium and "working abroad"). He's still coming back to Belgium. His girlfriend is Belgian IIRC and not that long ago he ran into a bit of trouble when he visited a gym in Genk and made fun of a guy who was training there (maybe you saw the vid).

I can't tell if that's the case or not but even if he's a German resident now he'll be +/- 25yo before he's eligible. Germany produce a lot of talents that will be bedded into the NT at that age. If he keeps his residency in Belgium instead he'll eligible 2 years sooner, in August 2020, just in time for the Nations League.

@thorgan lesar I can't tell if that's the case or not (see my previous post above). Even if he's still a Belgian resident/working abroad I still believe Belgium shouldn't pursue him as I said in earlier posts (see below). Bailey came to Belgium for football reasons, already having shown promise, and what links him to Belgium is quite weak. Sure his time in Belgium had an impact on Bailey as a footballer but is that link strong enough to consider Belgium over Jamaica? Even Luis Oliveira had slightly stronger links, spending more of his career in Belgium, yet I'd argue the FA made a mistake when they poached him. He was more "made in Brazil" than "made in Belgium" but Brazil hardly lost out (very much unlike the loss of Bailey would be to Jamaica). In Svilar's, Benteke's, E.Mangala's, et al. case I very much lean towards Belgium, the country that had by far the biggest impact on them as footballers.

On 6-12-2016 at 4:20 AM, 1000dB said:

No worries. Bailey is a great talent yet he isn't Belgian. Belgium is still producing lots of highly promising talents, especially attacking players. There's no need for another Luis Oliveira who came to Belgium for football reasons (IIRC he was voted worst player at France1998). Benteke came to Belgium as a toddler before he even kicked a ball. Definitely not for football reasons and then it's hard to claim Belgium poached him.

Here's a great post on Bailey: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100-2016/2016/11/28/leon-bailey

The story of how Leon Bailey has made his way from Jamaica to Belgium and then on to becoming one of the hottest properties in the game is – to put it bluntly – complicated. The journey is littered with transfer system red flags as he was shipped around a string of Europe’s best academies for trials.

On 30-9-2017 at 11:47 AM, 1000dB said:

- Leon Bailey is 20 now. A choice about his future as an international beckons. He could be at the start of a breakthrough season in the BuLi. However he's Jamaican with much weaker links to Belgium. I'd be against pursuing him because we'd take a young top talent from another country and, unlike e.g. France, I'm not a proponent of blooding in as many talents as possible and then leaving them cap-tied while you have no use for them. The likes of Strupar and Weber were completely different cases. Nearing/in their 30s, having spent the bulk of their careers in Belgium (I haven't heard Bailey speak Dutch), never been called up and having the chance to play a role in the Belgian NT.

In the end it doesn't matter what I feel as Fifa's rules allow a Belgian, like Benteke, to play for Belgium :) a Belgian, like Mangala, to play for France :( a Belgian, like Svilar, to decide for himself :mellow: and allow a Jamaican, like Bailey, to pick another country (Belgium? Germany? Spain or England next?). Fifa's rules also allow to openly say you like to steal a talent from another country, dual nationality players to brazenly put pressure on FAs and NT managers, ... some FAs, like Morocco and Turkey, have gone as far as to keep permanent offices in W.Europe to go after any talent with even the weakest of links to their country. That doesn't sound healthy and if Fifa intend to relax the rules I doubt the situation natonal teams are in will get any healthier. Especially when agents get involved, who already exert a strong influence on their player's decisions (including their future as an international).

Risers Jupiler Pro League

Club Brugge KV                                Waasland-Beveren 

Charleroi SC                                      KRC Genk

RSC Anderlecht                                 KAA Gent

STVV                                                   Lokeren OV

Antwerp FC                                        KV Oostende

Zulte Waregem                                  KV Kortrijk

Excel Moeskroen                               KAS Eupen

Standard Luik                                     Cercle Brugge

Belgian players in Abroad (3 selections)

1B (Second Division):

" Proximus League "

• Mr Noisy pinned this topic
  • Mr Noisy featured this topic
  • Mr Noisy unpinned, unfeatured and pinned this topic