Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Belgian risers --> this link: Risers in Belgium

Not realy. Portugal is very capable of doing something like that

Individual rapport Yari Verschaeren   Age: 17 Position: AM(RLC) Nationality: Belgium Team: RSC Anderlecht SM Value: 280K SM Rates: 70 Minutes: 526 minutes

Posted Images

I really love a "cheeky" Lozano. Him toying with Ciman should result in Ciman being nowhere near the squad for Russia. How many goals have we now conceded because of Ciman's lapses? NOT great at the EUROs, woeful in the current campaign and I hear he's having a very poor season (which based on his performance for country is no surprise). I don't watch MLS but if he can't even cut it there why keep calling him up? Kabasele has shown his form in the PL and contributed to his club's early season succes. Engels and Denayer are better options than Ciman (they can hardly be worse). Need to pray that Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen and Kompany are all fit and in top form.

Besides Dendoncker, who keeps getting considered for the backline by Martinez, who else is worth a call-up from the Pro League @thorgan lesar

Friendly Match

BELGIUM vs MEXICO

Courtois; Ciman, Boyata, Vermaelen; Meunier, Witsel, Tielemans (M.Dembélé 46'), Chadli; De Bruyne (D.Mertens 46'); E.Hazard (T.Hazard 86'); R.Lukaku (D.Origi 88')

1-0 Eden Hazard

1-1 Guardado

2-1 Romelu Lukaku

2-2 Lozano

2-3 Lozano

3-3 Romelu Lukaku 

4 hours ago, 1000dB said:

I really love a "cheeky" Lozano. Him toying with Ciman should result in Ciman being nowhere near the squad for Russia. How many goals have we now conceded because of Ciman's lapses? NOT great at the EUROs, woeful in the current campaign and I hear he's having a very poor season (which based on his performance for country is no surprise). I don't watch MLS but if he can't even cut it there why keep calling him up? Kabasele has shown his form in the PL and contributed to his club's early season succes. Engels and Denayer are better options than Ciman (they can hardly be worse). Need to pray that Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen and Kompany are all fit and in top form.

Besides Dendoncker, who keeps getting considered for the backline by Martinez, who else is worth a call-up from the Pro League @thorgan lesar

Dendoncker, J.Denayer, Kabasele, Engels, Asare, Lombaerts, Vermaelen, Miangue and a bit Dedryck Boyata (was okay yesterday) are all better options for the moment.

I feel Miangue needs more time to develop and I very much hope he does. Celtic is about as good as it gets for Boyata and I'd love a defender that has the upside of potentially kicking on and playing at a higher level.

Okay if we also look at full/wingbacks, how about Castagne, Foket, Cools and Limbombe (J.Lukaku already getting regular call-ups)? Reportedly Bobby is having a look at Limbombe and is considering to use him as a wingback. Seems a bit late now to bed in a completely new face.

For the future (not Russia) Zinho Vanheusden is a promising talent (again, a shame he got injured). Who else should I look out for? Van den Eynden? Faes? Cobbaut? Horemans? Masangu and Vanlerberghe (as a defender)?

@1000dB:

They are saying Celtic is a weak team, but there is actually a real team behind it. Celtic is playing on a high form in their terms and Boyata is definitely good enough to play for them.

Wingbacks

Timothy Castagne deserved a selection in the World Qualifiers, why Roberto didn’t give him a chance I don’t know why. He is well developing in Italy. Not in the first 11 yet, but he is getting there.

Thomas Foket, everyone knows what we have with Foket. The question is actually how will he respond after he inactivity after his hart problems ?

Dion Cools, he was in the pre-selection for me. Is playing really well for the moment and they compare Meunier with Cools, but I think Cools has a more unique profile. He has qualities as a winger, but he is also a good defenders. He participates etc. .

Anthony Limbombe, not an option for the moment. I expect him around 1,5 years as an option if his development continues. Now it’s too early for him.

Jordan Lukaku, he can stay in Italy for the moment. No need to have him. I’m disappointed in him on the field and next to the field.

By the way, Nacer Chadli, Thorgan Hazard & Adnan Januzaj has the abilities to play on the wingback.

Centre backs

Zinho Vanheusden, is our future hope. It’s pitty he is injured.

Flor Van Den Eynden, I see him as a centre back in the future and is also marked as our future hope.

Wout Faes, in The Netherlands they are not convinced. So either he fails and turns back or he works hard enough to get on a level that a player as Bjorn Engels now has.

Elias Cobbaut, interesting profile. For the moment not an option, in 2-3 years I expect him as a defender of a topclub if he continues on this way. He can be a new “Nicolas Lombaerts”.

Keres Masangu, not a defender. He can play there, but I don’t consider him as defender. He is in my eyes a midfielder.

Jordi Vanlerberghe, I see him as a “new Dendoncker”.

Long story short, on the centre backs we have possibly 2 new top talents and other decent players.

How is it with … Wout Faes ?

faes.jpg

(19 years old, rate: 77)

1.     4 matches from the 11 matches in The Netherlands, 4 times as a starter

2.     360 minutes from the 990 minutes

3.     1 clean sheet

Wout Faes was a player for Heerenveen previous season in The Netherlands. He got his chances, but Heerenveen has chosen to let him go. This year RSC Anderlecht loan him out to Excelsior, the team who is for the moment very successful.

He didn’t disappoint when he played, but for the moment Excelsior their success is thanks to De Wijs & Massop. The coach Van Der Gaag is happy with Faes and he will definitely have more chances this season.

His profile is actually his leading on the field, good in one-in-one and difficult to beat physically in duels.

I think he needs more time than we expect, but that’s just normal. Not everyone breaks through earlier then he is 20 years old. Especially defenders.

4 hours ago, 1000dB said:

There are quite a few clubs rumoured to be after him. I haven't seen a trustworthy source on the Stoke rumour.

It was in the local press, Stoke Sentinel, they have been sending scouts to watch him

Will see if anything materialises over winter window

Id think it would be a good move, at least he would be a starter in the Premier League. Did Steven Nzonzi no harm in developing his career

@-JMH- I'd guess Hughes will be hesitant to give him plenty of minutes with Stoke hoovering above the relegation zone. Ideally he'd stay with Anderlecht, perform at a high enough standard to receive a call-up for the World Cup (bringing him for experience +/- cover for both CB and DM positions) and then earns a transfer (maybe link up with Tielemans at Monaco). A club in the German or Spanish sub-top could also be a wise career move.

For EPL news (with regards to Belgian players): https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland

• Mr Noisy pinned this topic
  • Mr Noisy featured this topic
  • Mr Noisy unpinned, unfeatured and pinned this topic