Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

Champions League 3th Round

Standard Luik - Ajax FC 2-2

Ochoa; Cavanda, Luyindama, Laifis, Fai; Agbo, Marin; Carcela, Bastien (Cimirot 77'), Mpoku (Djenepo 86'); O.Sà (Emond 67')

Goal: Carcela and Emond

Europa League 3th Round

KRC Genk - Lech Poznan 2-0

Vukovic; Maehle, Dewaest, Lucumi, Uronen; Berge, Malinovskiy; Ndongola, Pozuelo, Trossard (Zhegrova 83'); Samatta (Gano 66')

Goal: Malinovskiy and Samatta

Jagiellonia Bialystok - KAA Gent 0-1

Coosemans; Foket, Plastun, Rosted, Asare; B.Verstraete, Odjidja (Dejaegere 90'), Andrijasevic; Dompé, Chakvetadze (Yaremchuk 68'); Awoniyi (J.David 70')

Goal: Jonathan David

Note:

Club Brugge KV plays Champions League-groupstage 

RSC Anderlecht plays Europa League-groupstage 

Standard Luik plays surely Europa League-groupstage (if they lose (hope not) next week against Ajax FC)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Belgian risers --> this link: Risers in Belgium

Not realy. Portugal is very capable of doing something like that

Individual rapport Yari Verschaeren   Age: 17 Position: AM(RLC) Nationality: Belgium Team: RSC Anderlecht SM Value: 280K SM Rates: 70 Minutes: 526 minutes

Posted Images

23 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

KRC Genk is for the moment one of the best Belgian teams on form. 

KRC Genk made a lot of effort to get him, but he hasn't made the selection yet. So it's difficult to say something about him, but I hear good things about him.

I hope I can say more later on the day with better informations

Thanks Thorgan,

another question, how good is Siebe Schrijvers ? Is he expected to be a regular this season ? Whats his long term potential ?

7 hours ago, Damian said:

Thanks Thorgan,

another question, how good is Siebe Schrijvers ? Is he expected to be a regular this season ? Whats his long term potential ?

Siebe Schrijvers is a player from Club Brugge KV. He will play enough, but he isn't a regular this season. He played yesterday, because Moraes Wesley can't play for the moment. He isn't a player for the future of Belgium, but he has some qualities to be a good player on (short) term in Belgium. 

7 hours ago, Damian said:

Thanks Thorgan,

Difficult to say when he will get his chances etc and how he can developp, but with this you have something.

TIP: I expect a lot from Jhon Lucumi. I think on term a "must buy"

Champions League 3th Round

Ajax FC - Standard Luik 3-0

Ochoa; Cavanda (Pocognoli 67'), Luyindama, Laifis, Fai; Agbo, Marin; Carcela, Bastien (Cimirot 55'), Mpoku; Emond (O.Sà 79')

Europa League 3th Round

Lech Poznan - KRC Genk 1-2

Vukovic; Mæhle, Aidoo, Dewaest, Uronen; Berge, Malinovskiy (Seck 75'), Pozuelo (Piotrowski 61'); Ndongola, Samatta, Trossard (Zhegrova 61')

Goal: Trossard and Samatta

KAA Gent - Jagiellonia Bialystok 3-1

Kalinic; Foket, Plastun, Rosted, Asare; B.Verstraete, Vadis; Dompé (S.Limbombe 80'), Andrijasevic (Yaremchuk 68'), Chakvetadze; Awoniyi (J.David 78')

Goal: Awoniyi, Yaremchuk and David

Next Games 

(Reminder: Club Brugge --> Champions League, RSC Anderlecht & Standard Luik --> Europa League)

KRC Genk - Brøndby IF

KAA Gent - Girondons Bordeaux

Hi Thorgan,

what is the situation with Andy Najar ? He was linked with a couple of german clubs two years ago, but in SM he dropped

to 86 and i didn´t hear anything about him in 2 years, is he still a good player ?

I have him in a competitive setup and just received a max cash offer for him, should i sell ?

Thanks for your help,

Damian

19 hours ago, Damian said:

Hi Thorgan,

what is the situation with Andy Najar ? He was linked with a couple of german clubs two years ago, but in SM he dropped

to 86 and i didn´t hear anything about him in 2 years, is he still a good player ?

I have him in a competitive setup and just received a max cash offer for him, should i sell ?

Thanks for your help,

Damian

Andy Najàr has a lot injury problems last 2 years, that is actually why his rating is lower, but in the games when he was on the pitch he always deserved to be 87. Last games he is more and more in the selection, so he is coming back but he isn’t 100 % yet.

He is a quality player with potential for teams like Arsenal FC, but he is a risk and the question is if he ever can play on his best level.

There are a lot more RB’s with the same potential/qualities and enough players who are better, so probably sell now.  

Europa League 3th Round

KRC Genk - Brøndby IF 5-2

Vukovic; Mæhle, Dewaest, Lucumi, Uronen; Berge, Malinovskiy, Pozuelo; Ndongola (Paintsil 74'), Trossard; Samatta

Goals:

Samatta (3x), Trossard (2x)

KAA Gent - Girondons Bordeaux 0-0

Kalinic; Foket, Plastun, Rosted, Asare; B.Verstraete, Odjidja; Dompé (S.Limbombe 79'), Chakvetadze (Dejaegere 87'), Yaremchuk; Awoniyi (J.David 75')

Your quotes regarding Belgian talents below, how about an update? Which guys would you add, move up/down a tier, ...? Maybe add the likes of Amuzu, Saelemaekers, Cobbaut, Jeremy Doku, ...? Seeing Belgium's backline needs rejuvenation I especially like to hear your views on upcoming Belgian defenders. Kompany, Vertonghen and Vermaelen will be around for the time being but for 2022 probably a 31yo Meunier and a 33yo Alderweireld (adding experience/leadership) will be the last ones remaining of Belgium's current backline. Hopefully Denayer and Vanheusden come good and replenish the team (maybe a back 4 again as there are fullback prospects now).

Just a few comments:

Denayer ended last season well (could have gone to Russia over Boyata). Gala wanted him back but he was sold to Lyon. Could prove to be a smart move. Should be able to get his name in the mix again regarding the NT.

Engels was surplus to requirements and will try his luck in a newly promoted L1 side instead. Should move down a tier or two.

Instead of Foket it was Castagne who moved to Atalanta. Has done reasonably well.

Praet had a very good season and was somewhat overlooked by Martinez. He deserved to go to Russia more than Dendoncker did but supposedly Dendoncker added depth to the backline.

Tielemans has had time to settle in and has plenty to prove this season. Reportedly Jardim has lots of faith in him but it takes time to adjust to his demands.

Dendoncker recently moved to Wolves. Will need to step up his game and might end up as a depth signing (for the backline + midfield).

Rigo starting to get some well-deserved opportunities at PSV.

Emmers is receiving praise but is yet to break into top tier football.

Andreas Pereira accepted a call-up from Brazil.

Musonda Jr. has stalled. Celtic was a poor choice. Shouldn't have left Anderlecht that young to start with.

Trossard, could very well be his year.

Limbombe, let's see first how he fares at Nantes.

Mbenza, Huddersfield won't have much patience with him and he has a lot to learn.

Bongonda, Bakkali and Dimata are back in Belgium, the latter was scoring for fun.

Januzaj seems to be getting his career back on track.

Carrasco, hopefully he returns to a big league soon.

Origi had a woeful season at Wolfsburg and staying with Liverpool this season might not be the best choice.

Batshuayi did well at Dortmund and I would have liked him to return, give him a bit of stability, but we'll see how Valencia works out.

On 12/20/2016 at 10:07 PM, thorgan lesar said:

Pietro Tomasseli is a really talented kid, but he has something with Italy and when he is old enough for the first team, he will play there for about 5 years. He is a kid for Belgium J, but I’m worried he will chose Italy if he gets this chance

Rayane Bounida is a wonderful, unbelievable, strong kid. I have not enough superlatives for him and he is just about 12 years old. He is playing for RSC Anderlecht and is the future of Belgium.

Evangelos Patoulidis is a great talent and also playing for RSC Anderlecht, but it’s too early to use his name in this list.

Class 1999 and after

Top tier (the potential to play for a really big team in the future)  (90+)

Adrien Bongiovanni, Thibaud Verlinden, Mile Svilar

Mid Tier (enough talent to become a player for a nice team)          (87-90)

Indy Boonen, Zinho Vanheusden, Ilias Moutha-Sebtaoui, Jonathan De Bie, Francesco Antonucci, Thierry Lutonda (2000, one to watch !!), Ikoma Lois Openda (2000)

Between mid tier and bottom tier (talented, but more for the little teams and teams in the middle)        (84-86)

Alessandro Albanese (2000), Xian Emmers, Allan Mayanga, Hannes Delcroix

Bottom tier (talent, but not enough for the top competitions)             (77-83)

Milan Corryn (he is actually better than this, but he has an injury for 3 till 4 months now), Noah Fadiga (his development is growing too slow)

No opinion about, but needs to be named:

Paolo Sabak

This list can be changed, but that's how I see it now

On 12/19/2016 at 1:23 AM, thorgan lesar said:

Class of 1998

Top tier (the potential to play for a really big team in the future)     (90+)

Wout Faes, Orel Mangala and Matthias Verreth

Mid tier (enough talent to become a player for a nice team)          (87-90)

Dante Rigo, Laurent Lemoine and Alper Ademoglu

Between mid tier and bottom tier (talented, but more for the little teams and teams in the middle)        (84-86)

Ismael Azzaoui, Dante Vanzeir, Siebe Horemans, Ahmed Touba, Jorn Van Camp, Terry Osei-Berkoe and Lennerd Daneels

Bottom tier (talent, but not enough for the top competitions)             (77-83)

Dennis Van Vaerenbergh and Jens Teunckens

This list can be changed, but that's how I see it now.

On 12/21/2016 at 12:55 AM, thorgan lesar said:

Class 1997

Youri Tielemans

Landry Dimata, Senna Miangue

Antoine Bernier, Nordin Jackers, Bryan Heynen

Marco Weymans, Paolini Bertaccini, Dries Wouters, Manuel Benson

Situations:

Aaron Leya Iseka – he is a great centre forward, but for the moment he has a difficult time in Marseile. It’s possible he comes back from his loan base. That will be RSC Anderlecht. If I need to rate him it’s just above the bottom tier, I think. For the moment.

Ryan Mmaee – he started not bad for his first minutes and matches on professional level, but this club changed their coach and now he isn’t playing any second. There is a chance he will chose for Morocco, but you need to follow this kid. Why ? When he gets a transfer then he can finally continue with his development.

On 12/21/2016 at 1:25 AM, thorgan lesar said:

Class 1996

X

Zakkaria Bakkali, Charly Musonda

Siebe Schrijvers, Isaac Mbenza, Dion Cools, Samuel Bastien

Obbi Oularé, Jordi Vanlerberghe, Alessandro Ciranni, Matthias Bossaerts

Situations:

Zakkaria Bakkali – a great talent, but is just back from a long injurie. Because of that he is Mid Tier for the moment and that’s how I see him now, but he has the potential to be a top tier.

Charly Musonda Jr. – bit the same like Bakkali, but it’s also a difficult time. You need to follow this player, because there is a big chance he will go to another club where he will play a lot. Follow him, a transfer is coming (loan, I think).

Siebe Schrijvers – finally he is playing on the level where everyone knows he has the qualities of him. He is from KRC Genk, on loan to Waasland-Beeveren. He is growing fast now and you will see more if he continues like this.

Isaac Mbenza – he is new at his club, he comes from far (Valenciennes – Ligue 2) and signed for Standard in Belgium. He is playing more and more + he gets better and better. Beautiful words, but he isn’t ready yet, but you see the talent. One to follow

Dion-Johan Cools – he is “ our Azpilicueta “. Cézar Azpilicueta is a right defender, but is also playing pretty well at the left. Cools is growing at the left. So, if you want to sign him, his position is the left defender now, but you can use him as a right defender.

Matthias Bossaerts – He left Manchester City for KV Oostende, who is a revelation in Belgium (I’m talking about the team). He played already his matches and that were his first on a professional level. He is now between the bench and the 11 players. He is a player for long term, so it will take some time, but he has talent and will rise soon.

Obbi Oularé and Samuel Bastien – not too much to talk about, they disappointed in my opinion. Bastien is growing in Chievo Verona, so maybe he will improve

Jordi Vanlerberghe – he is a defender and is growing and gets his chances. What makes Vanlerberghe special ? He is playing for KV Mechelen who is a team for the top 8 or top 10 in Belgium. So he will come from far, but he has the talent to play later for a top team and become a “between mid tier and bottom tier”.

On 12/21/2016 at 2:10 AM, thorgan lesar said:

Class 1995

Jason Denayer, Divock Origi

Theo Bongonda, Leander Dendoncker, Adnan Januzaj, Timothy Castagne

Lucas Pirard

Jonathan Benteke, Alex Craninx, Sander Coopman, Ciorentin Fiore

Situations:

Jason Denayer – he is now as defensive midfielder playing for Sunderland in the base. He makes a really good performance and is finally growing in a better competition. He is normally a central defender.

Divock Origi – everyone is learning to know him, he scored 4 times in 4 matches for Liverpool. He will become a 90+, but he needs a bit more time. Sign him now. I recommend that, but knows this that he needs a bit more time and needs to learn each time more and more.

Theo Bongonda – he didn’t missed any second for the moment in Celta Vigo. He doesn’t score a lot, but he has a lot of assists. He also needs more time and need to be a player who decides a game, because he has the talent for that.

Leander Dendoncker – I compare him with Grezorgz Krychowiak, a really good defensive midfielder who will have a great impact on the team. Now, he needs to play more constantly and then he will go to a team like Sevilla FC.

Adnan Januzaj – gets a lot of critics, but never played a lot in one season. He needs to play his matches and he will become a 90+, I’m telling you. Now, he had an injurie and is he is finally playing so he can grow to his level that everyone tells he has.

Timothy Castagne – He is playing like Dendoncker in Belgium, Castagne is playing for KRC Genk and is growing in his profile he needs to have. One point of advice for Castagne he needs to make his rushes more successful. He is a right defender

Ciorentin Fiore – He is a good central defender, but I will say he is just above the bottom tier. He can play in a better competition, but for a team like Augsburg for example. You need to follow him, because there is a doubt. Will he play more in the future or is he going to disappear (good concurrence in the team) ? The time will tell, I see him now just above the bottom tier.

Jonathan Benteke – Didn’t make a special performance in Belgium, now he is playing for Crystal Palace. He already played minutes, but fall in an injurie for 3 a 4 months. I needed to use his name in this list, because it’s surprised us he already played a bit for Crystal Palace. He is a new player.

Alex Craninx – nobody knows what his situation is for the moment. He is 4th keeper in Real Madrid or maybe 5th. He was in a stage of Zinedine Zidane ones, but for the rest nothing. It’s strange, but he is a player of Real so I needed to place his name also.

Sander Coopman – He is a player from Club Brugge, on loan to Zulte Waregem. He doesn’t play a lot and Zulte Waregem (revelation in Belgium) is a good team. I don’t recommend this player.

Lucas Pirard – he is finally playing his first matches on professional level and is already important for his team. But he needs to get time, he is a long term player. It depends also if Sint-Truiden (his team) is taking Davy Roef (keeper from Anderlecht), if that will be a transfer => Pirard will be stopped in his development.

On 12/21/2016 at 3:03 AM, thorgan lesar said:

Class 1994

Bjorn Engels

Dennis Praet, Thomas Foket, Ibrahima Cissé, Anthony Limbombe, Leandro Trossard

Benito Raman, Jordan Lukaku, Guillaume Hubert

Joris Kayembe, Davy Roef, Michael Heylen

Situations:

Björn Engels – he is just back from a injurie of 3 months, but he has the quality to be a 90+ one day. Not directly of course and he needs to move after this season. If he gets the transfer and will be playing without problems, the new central defender of the Red Devils is arriving. One to follow

Dennis Praet – a difficult time for him at his new club, but he played already in 13 matches of the 17. That’s not bad to begin, I suppose. He left RSC Anderlecht for UC Sampdoria, now he needs to learn more a complete player and becoming important in the system of Sampdoria. It will take some time, but he will get there.

Thomas Foket – a rising kid. If he works at his assist and be more a men then a youngster, he will surprise everyone. 90+ will be difficult, but you never know.

Ibrahima Cissé – finally the coach knows he needs to play and that’s what happening now. He is called “ the new Kanté “, but nobody says it. Not too much to tell about, he will be an option for the Red Devils in 1 or 2 year if he continues to play.

Anthony Limbombe – Has the qualities for it, maybe I’m a bit optimistic, but he is playing good. But the coach of his team is stupid, because he needs to play all the time and that’s is not what he deserves. One point of critics, he needs to be more important for his team.

Leandro Trossard – Unbelievable player, he needed steps to become a player that he is now. He is finally there and is playing more and more and getting better and better. Will rise soon, I’m sure about that. He needs to hold his level and growing and learning every day. You need to buy him now, because he costs just 1,7 million in the game.

Benito Raman – is a good player, he has a nice profile. He is not central forward, but he is second forward. Is learning each day and become a better player in the new system. He has the quality to build a nice career, but a really nice team like AS Roma will be very difficult.

Jordan Lukaku – actually he can be a “mid tier”, but he isn’t playing much at his team for the moment. He is learning each day and is a long term player to work at his position level. He needs time (a bit more than somebody else maybe, but it will be worth it). The only thing I don’t know is that Jordan understand what I’m saying.

Guillaume Hubert – Arsenal and Liverpool are interested. He is growing to a better level, but he just started to become a base player. That’s the reason he isn’t higher in this list, he needs to improve more. But I see the talent. He will become a mid tier on term, I suppose.

Joris Kayembe – the bottom tier is actually too low for him, because his potential is good. The reason is his situation. He is playing for FC Porto B and he doesn’t get his chances in the first team. Just remember this player and if he gets a transfer follow him !

Davy Roef – Unbelievable much critics on this player, but that’s because the fans are really dumb (huge word, I know) and doesn’t have patient for the team that they support. He is playing for the first on professional level as base player, but he makes mistakes. That’s normal if you play for the first team a long time on professional level. He will go on loan to another team in the winter.

Michael Heylen – I don’t recommend this player, but he will rise soon.

Class 1993

In this class there is a new selection in this list, because we’re talking about player that already are above the 90. If we want to show their potential we used a new selection.

World top tier (the potential for Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, FC Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund, Atlético Madrid, Juventus FC and Manchester City)                   (93+)

Romelu Lukaku, Yannick Carrasco

Michy Batshuayi, Thorgan Hazard

X

Massimo Bruno and Hannes Van Der Bruggen

Zinho Gano and Hendrik Van Crombrugge

Situations:

Romelu Lukaku – difficult to give here an opinion, because everyone knows him. Yeah, I see him one day 93+, because of Ronald Koeman. He will become a real striker that learns where to be to score. He needs to be more springy, but he has the right coach and with hard work and a good character (he has) he will become 93+

Yannick Carrasco – revelation like everyone knows, he needs to become a bit better in his defending, but he has the right team and coach for that. He needs to learn what to do in difficult situations when he needs to defend. If he can combine that with his huge talent and constantly playing good, he will be a player for FC Bayern München, FC Barcelona. If he works at what I said and if he goes to FC Barcelona Neymar needs to be scared. I recommend to Carrasco to stay 1 or maybe 2 seasons.

Michy Batshuayi – he already learned a lot, but isn’t playing much. His potential stays 90+. The reason why he isn’t playing much is: Diego Costa. He needs to go on loan to West Ham for example, but if he works a bit more at the teamwork and can combine with the player behind him (he is CA) and the wingers, he will become maybe 92 or 93 one day. He needs to bore more complete. For that he needs to play and work at what I said.

Thorgan Hazard – The best player of Mönchengladbach and needs to move after this season to grow to the level he can have. 90+, Liverpool FC or Tottenham Hotspurs will be a good step forward. Maybe Tottenham is better, the reason is: Liverpool = Firmino, Mané, Coutinho and Origi right now.

Massimo Bruno – was a coming kid, but he left RSC Anderlecht a couple years ago for Salzburg. He played there and not bad. He moved then to Leipzig and didn’t chances and didn’t played for a year. He is now playing again for RSC Anderlecht and he has it a bit difficult, but the last matches his level from before is coming and coming. It will take time, but he is playing and that’s important to become the player he was.

Hannes Van Der Bruggen – “ the new Sven Kums “, he is finally playing and is growing to a function who starts an attack with his vision and good passing. He is growing to a player who will gives a pass and that will be the key in the attack. He is playing for KAA Gent right now.

Zinho Gano and Hendrik Van Crombrugge – the potential to play for a bigger team in Belgium and then we will see, what will become of them. Gano can be a player like Depoitre who plays for FC Porto.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:17 AM, 1000dB said:

Your quotes regarding Belgian talents below, how about an update? Which guys would you add, move up/down a tier, ...? Maybe add the likes of Amuzu, Saelemaekers, Cobbaut, Jeremy Doku, ...? Seeing Belgium's backline needs rejuvenation I especially like to hear your views on upcoming Belgian defenders. Kompany, Vertonghen and Vermaelen will be around for the time being but for 2022 probably a 31yo Meunier and a 33yo Alderweireld (adding experience/leadership) will be the last ones remaining of Belgium's current backline. Hopefully Denayer and Vanheusden come good and replenish the team (maybe a back 4 again as there are fullback prospects now).

Just a few comments:

Denayer ended last season well (could have gone to Russia over Boyata). Gala wanted him back but he was sold to Lyon. Could prove to be a smart move. Should be able to get his name in the mix again regarding the NT.

Engels was surplus to requirements and will try his luck in a newly promoted L1 side instead. Should move down a tier or two.

Instead of Foket it was Castagne who moved to Atalanta. Has done reasonably well.

Praet had a very good season and was somewhat overlooked by Martinez. He deserved to go to Russia more than Dendoncker did but supposedly Dendoncker added depth to the backline.

Tielemans has had time to settle in and has plenty to prove this season. Reportedly Jardim has lots of faith in him but it takes time to adjust to his demands.

Dendoncker recently moved to Wolves. Will need to step up his game and might end up as a depth signing (for the backline + midfield).

Musonda Jr. has stalled. Celtic was a poor choice. Shouldn't have left Anderlecht that young to start with.

Mbenza, Huddersfield won't have much patience with him and he has a lot to learn.

Bongonda, Bakkali and Dimata are back in Belgium, the latter was scoring for fun.

Origi had a woeful season at Wolfsburg and staying with Liverpool this season might not be the best choice.

Batshuayi did well at Dortmund and I would have liked him to return, give him a bit of stability, but we'll see how Valencia works out.

It will take some time... I don't have much time and for the moment I post the transfers. So next week possible

DRAW CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

--------

A

Atlético Madrid

Borussia Dortmund

AS Monaco

Club Brugge

B

FC Barcelona

Tottenham Hotspurs

PSV Eindhoven

Internazionale

C

Paris Saint-Germain

SSC Napoli

Liverpool FC

Crvena Zvezda

D

Lokomotiv Moskou

FC Porto

Schalke 04

SK Galatasaray

E

FC Bayern München

SL Benfica

Ajax FC

AEK Athens

F

Manchester City

Shakthar Donetsk

Olympique Lyonnais

Hoffenheim

G

Real Madrid CF.

AS Roma

CSKA Moskva

Viktoria Plzen

H

Juventus FC

Manchester United

Valencia CF

Young Boys Bern

On 8/27/2018 at 1:17 AM, 1000dB said:

Just a few comments:

I think it's a bit wrong to put a label on our youth. I think I can put something like this in this topic in a new way and much nicer to read.

Scores (Scotland - Belgium)

Thibaut Courtois - 7

Timothy Castagne - 7

Dedryck Boyata - 7

Vincent Kompany - 6

Jan Vertonghen - 6

Thorgan Hazard - 7

Mousa Dembélé - 7

Youri Tielemans - 6

Eden Hazard - 8

Dries Mertens - 6

Romelu Lukaku - 7

Thomas Meunier - 6

Yannick Carrasco - 5

Michy Batshuayi - 8

Thomas Vermaelen - 6

Hans Vanaken - 6

Birger Verstraete - 6

14 hours ago, Damian said:

Hi Thorgan,

any info on Gent´s 21 years old Philip Azango added today  ?

Apparently he was important for AS Tréncin. He signed now for KAA Gent and I think he has good feets and he is quick. It's now hoping his adaption will go well. If so, it's interesting to have him

Goethals is the godfather of Belgian football but a "quick" thank you for Bobby is in order. Statistically speaking, Bobby is Belgium's best manager ever.

Up to the 3rd place win v. England, i.e. the Russia2018 campaign*:

26 games (includes 9 friendlies, 10 WCQs and 7 in Russia) ... 19 Ws / 5 Ds / 2 Ls
2.385 points per game (1.8 in friendlies, 2.8 in WCQs and 2.6 at the World Cup)
78 goals for and 22 against ... scoring 3 and conceding 0.85 goals per game

Up to the NL opener v. Iceland, i.e. the running total*:

28 games (includes 10 friendlies, 10 WCQs + 7 in Russia and 1 NL game) ... 21 Ws / 5 Ds / 2 Ls
2.429 points per game (1.9 in friendlies, 3 in the NL, 2.8 in WCQs and 2.6 at the World Cup)
85 GF and 22 GA ... scoring 3.04 and conceding 0.79 goals per game

*the unofficial game v. CZE, which Belgium won 2-1, isn't included even though most sources do, except FIFA.

During Bobby's reign Belgium equalled the record for their:

- largest win (9-0 in 2017)
- largest away win (6-0 in 2016)
- largest win at the World Cup (5-2 and 3-0 in 2018)
- most consecutive wins (7 wins in 2018)
+ Belgium share the record for most goals scored during the qualis with Germany, either ECQs or WCQs (43 goals in 2016-2017)

What's more, Belgium broke the record for their:

- longest unbeaten run (unbeaten in 24 games in 2016-2018)
- most wins at the World Cup (6 wins in 2018)
- most goals scored in a single game at the World Cup (5 goals v. Tunisia in 2018)
- most goals scored at the World Cup (16 goals in 2018)
+ Benteke broke the record for the fastest goal in a World Cup match, either qualifying or the finals (8.1 seconds)

...plus under Bobby:

- Belgium reached an all-time high third place in the Elo ratings after the Ro16 win against Japan (Belgium's current Elo rating, 2078, is another all-time high)

- Belgium equalled their best ever FIFA ranking = No.1 (1729.26 points is the highest total ever ;)

- Belgium broke their record in qualis, either ECQs or WCQs (2.8 points per game and a record amount of goals)

...and of course Belgium achieved their best result at the World Cup (Bronze in 2018, unless you count winning the Gold in 1920, like the Uruguayans do).

Champions League

Club Brugge KV - Borussia Dortmund 0-1

0-1 Pulisic

Letica; Poulaîn, Mitrovic, Denswil; Vlietinck (Cools 55'), Rits, Vormer, Vanaken, Groeneveld (Dennis 76'); Wesley, Vossen (Openda 82')

Letica - 6

Poulaîn - 6

Mitrovic - 6

Denswil - 7

Vlietinck - 6

Rits - 6

Vormer - 6

Vanaken - 7

Groeneveld - 6

Wesley - 7

Vossen - 6

Cools - 5

Belgian talents (1994  - 1996)

Why from 1994 till 1996 ? These players already played “a lot of games” and is a bit difficult to compare with players that didn’t play yet or didn’t play enough. The next list is from 1997 till 2003

23. Sander Coopman (anniversary year 1995)

22. Charly Musonda Jr. (anniversary year 1996)

21. Jordi Vanlerberghe (anniversary year 1996)

20. Dion Cools (anniversary 1996)

19. Samuel Bastien (anniversary 1996)

18. Jordan Lukaku (anniversary 1994)

17. Obbi Oularé (anniversary 1996)

16. Birger Verstraete (anniversary 1994)

15. Davy Roef (anniversary 1994)

14. Siebe Schrijvers (anniversary 1996)

13. Björn Engels (anniversary 1994)

12. Théo Bongonda (anniversary 1995)

11. Zakaria Bakkali (anniversary 1994)

10. Anthony Limbombe (anniversary 1994)

9. Leander Dendoncker (anniversary 1995)

8. Divock Origi (anniversary 1995)

7. Thomas Foket (anniversary 1994)

6. Timothy Castagne (anniversary 1995)

5. Jason Denayer (central defender, anniversary 1995, club: Olympique Lyonnais)

De bronafbeelding bekijken

4. Isaac Mbenza (Winger, anniversary 1996, club: Huddersfield Town)

3. Adnan Januzaj (Winger, anniversary 1995, club: Real Sociedad)

2. Léandro Trossard (Winger, anniversary 1994, club: KRC Genk)

1. Dennis Praet (central midfielder, anniversary 1994, club: UC Sampdoria)

• Mr Noisy pinned this topic
  • Mr Noisy featured this topic
  • Mr Noisy unpinned, unfeatured and pinned this topic