thorgan lesar

Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

2 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

The favourite doesn't always win ;) . This year FC Porto will surprise ;)

What are your guesses ?

Both teams were happy with this match but its too soon to say..if they play now Porto was slightly favourite (13 consecutive wins). Im guessing Roma will change manager til february...will see.

9 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

Also is Gonzalo Martinez formerly of River Plate who moved to MLS worth buying?

He was one of the best players in South America, but with this move I don't think he will rise. So in that case not interesting, but for sure someone to have as a back-up if you're looking for that. Again , in 2019 I can give more opinions about the Abroad. Check also the 8 countries that are in my list.

7 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Radja Nainggolan for a while out the selection (Internazionale now) again… 

@1000dB

Yea saw that.

Also, heard a rumour he was doing coke (when going out in Antwerp). Just a rumour though but if he was indeed doing coke ahead of Russia ... TBF he wouldn't be the first.

8 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Yea saw that.

Also, heard a rumour he was doing coke (when going out in Antwerp). Just a rumour though but if he was indeed doing coke ahead of Russia ... TBF he wouldn't be the first.

… 

He wouldn't be the first indeed, but it's still unacceptable. 

Hans Vanaken (Club Brugge), Brandon Mechele (Club Brugge) and Zinho Vanheusden (Standard de Liège) were outstanding this weekend. Vanaken and Mechele are already in selection of Belgium, but Vanheusden deserves it on the moment to be Red Devil. 

I would say Vanheusden IN Boyata OUT in the next selection

@1000dB

The predicted rates

They're based on some points:

1- Transfermarkt (individual statistics)

□ Goals, assists, shootouts, counter goals

2- Soccerway (play time)

□ For example: Danny Vukovic has 1800 minutes on his name on this moment (= 100 % of the maximum minutes you can have)

□ For example: Karlo Letica has 1080 minutes on his name (= 60 %)

3- Spreadsheet

Everything of point 1 and point 2 are in the spreadsheet and some calculations. On this moment there 151 players in it. They won't rise all of course.

4- My own knowledge

My vision on their qualities.

5- Minimum 

I don't want too be generous, but I will probably say and think "he deserves minimum a + 2" for example. The other 4 points are a little more important

Wednesday and thursday it's the last game of 2018. So in the weekend I will make a last update for the rates in 2018. Merry christmas to you all.

8 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Hans Vanaken (Club Brugge), Brandon Mechele (Club Brugge) and Zinho Vanheusden (Standard de Liège) were outstanding this weekend. Vanaken and Mechele are already in selection of Belgium, but Vanheusden deserves it on the moment to be Red Devil. 

I would say Vanheusden IN Boyata OUT in the next selection

@1000dB

Boyata has been better for Belgium than Ciman yet, like Ciman, for me Boyata is a stop-gap measure. I prefer Kabasele, who's even younger, but I think Bobby likes Boyata's attributes better (and his team plays dominant football). Denayer had a few discipline issues but that seems to have been ironed out now; plus he looks great on the ball. Engels and Foket not doing badly either in Ligue 1.

I've been calling to give Vanheusden a look in for a long time. Yes I know I've been banging on about him and, to a lesser extent, Denayer, a few of my posts to serve as an example:

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/161185-belgian-football-season-18-19-8-other-countries-for-example-the-netherlands/?tab=comments#comment-3183981

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/161185-belgian-football-season-18-19-8-other-countries-for-example-the-netherlands/?page=29&tab=comments#comment-3205791

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/161185-belgian-football-season-18-19-8-other-countries-for-example-the-netherlands/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-3185351

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/161185-belgian-football-season-18-19-8-other-countries-for-example-the-netherlands/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-3186721

@thorgan lesar do you have Vanheusden down as the top prospect for Belgium's backline (based on his games for Standard)? Who, born around the same year(s), will give him the most competition?

Merry X-mas everybody