thorgan lesar

Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

1 hour ago, thorgan lesar said:

What's your opinion ?

Meh, PO I is where it's at and no change there. At least the latest reform puts an end to the nonsense of clubs ending their season in March, a slight improvement. For clubs outside the top 6: 4 groups of 4 teams and adding two semis is better (increased chances of winning one of the groups/something to play for/more KO games).

When you want to call it play-offs it should actually be a KO format (but such a drastic change would really devalue the regular season). You know I prefer the BeNe League idea. Alternatively, if research shows the BeNe League isn't better, simply wait until four (already) struggling clubs can be cut from the Pro League and create a full-fledged competition with 20 clubs.

They're looking to get 120M/year from the new TV deal. Don't know about that. Sounded like they already failed to deliver on the 80M from the current deal (+ MP&Silva came crashing down). Not much time to sell this hardly improved new formula.

13 hours ago, sirmarkhughes said:

Thanks. I had him in a gameworld, just bought him as a riser (bought for £400k sold for £2.8m). It is a gameworld where you can only buy under 85 rated, I think once people see he has moved to Southampton he will be snapped up as he is only 20, 21 in a week. . The only way for me to get him back is to trade either Skov + 400 k or sell skov olsen and buy him for 2.4. Do you think I should buy him or stick with the Skovs?

Hmm.

Do you have patience ? :)

If yes, wait where the Skovs will sign this summer..

Belgium vs Kazachstan 3-0

Courtois; Alderweireld, Kompany (Thomas Vermaelen 78'), Vertonghen; Castagne, Witsel, De Bruyne (Youri Tielemans 67'), T.Hazard; Mertens, E.Hazard; R.Lukaku (Michy Batshuayi 72')

1-0 Dries Mertens 

2-0 Timothy Castagne 

3-0 Romelu Lukaku 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, thorgan lesar said:

Belgium vs Kazachstan 3-0

Courtois; Alderweireld, Kompany (Thomas Vermaelen 78'), Vertonghen; Castagne, Witsel, De Bruyne (Youri Tielemans 67'), T.Hazard; Mertens, E.Hazard; R.Lukaku (Michy Batshuayi 72')

1-0 Dries Mertens 

2-0 Timothy Castagne 

3-0 Romelu Lukaku 

Timothy! I'm happy to see him important in the national team, he's becoming a really important player, and with Gasperini he can only improve

56 minutes ago, zsp2 said:

Timothy! I'm happy to see him important in the national team, he's becoming a really important player, and with Gasperini he can only improve

He played well. Okay, it was only against Kazachstan, but he was one of the best on the field. Same with Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel and Mertens. 

Belgium vs Scotland 3-0

Courtois; Alderweireld, Kompany (Thomas Vermaelen 90') Vertonghen; Meunier, Witsel, Tielemans (Dries Mertens 78'), T.Hazard (Yannick Carrasco 90'); De Bruyne, E.Hazard; R.Lukaku

1-0 Romelu Lukaku

2-0 Romelu Lukaku

3-0 Kevin De Bruyne

4 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Belgium vs Scotland

Courtois; Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen; Meunier, Witsel, Tielemans, T.Hazard; De Bruyne, E.Hazard; R.Lukaku

Hopefully us Scots can get stuck in and show a good performance. Team looks better than the other day against Cyprus with Burke, Russel, Armstrong and Mctominay starting. Disappointing that Robertson missing though.

009.PNG

3 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

@zsp2 actually I have a question. We all know now what you think about Castagne. But can you give als your opinion about Dennis Praet ?

Just your opinion. Not about a possible rise or anything.

Praet is another player that grew a lot, he has constant performances and he can plays in several position, has he showed since he arrived in Italy.

It seems that Giampaolo has finally found his position, as MC, now he can show his potential, and become an important player also for a bigger team. 

Giampaolo truly hope to have him at Milan, but it seems that Arsenal is closer, but for the players they have he may do better in Milan.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/106413/Show/Dennis-Praet

1 hour ago, sirmarkhughes said:

Hopefully us Scots can get stuck in and show a good performance. Team looks better than the other day against Cyprus with Burke, Russel, Armstrong and Mctominay starting. Disappointing that Robertson missing though.

009.PNG

Where is Tierney ?

4 hours ago, sirmarkhughes said:

009.PNG

Yeah... ;)

If I can be honest... I was a little frustrated with the style of playing of Scotland. 

Kazachstan tried more then Scotland to go forward in my opinion

1 minute ago, thorgan lesar said:

Yeah... ;)

If I can be honest... I was a little frustrated with the style of playing of Scotland. 

Kazachstan tried more then Scotland to go forward in my opinion

We were pretty poor tonight. Tried to stifle and contain but that meant we had little to no attacking threat. Well deserved win for yous though.

20 minutes ago, sirmarkhughes said:

We were pretty poor tonight. Tried to stifle and contain but that meant we had little to no attacking threat. Well deserved win for yous though.

Thanks. Up to San Marino now ;)

Marshall deed a good job though..

23 hours ago, Damian said:

@thorgan lesar  or someone else, can someone post a report of the poland-belgium u21 match ? I am sad i missed the game.

Can't tell if the vids are country-blocked, if not here's an extensive recap:

https://sporza.be/nl/matches/voetbal/eur/europees-kampioenschap-onder-21/2019/groep-a/01/polen-onder-21-belgie-onder-21/

In short: Schrijvers forgot to put on his scoring boots. Vanheusden (and a few others) were sorely missed. Mangala was solid. Belgium dominate while conserving energy. Yet instead of Belgium finishing their chances/adding to the lead, they concede very soft goals. Poland score from their first attempt/a rather "harmless" shot from distance that any keeper shouldn't have problems dealing with (but Jackers was too slow). Belgium only have themselves to blame for their unorganized, abysmal defending. As expected Belgium will be going home soon.

Belgium are basically out after conceding a late goal against Spain (too many results need to go our way in order to advance as best runners-up). De Wolf did much better than Jackers though and Belgium had plenty of chances on the counter to pull off a late winner themselves.

If England are among the semi-finalists an Olympic play-off game will be played. Even if chances of advancing to the KO phase are slim a ticket for the Olympics could still be at stake. Belgium would need:

- a win against Italy by at least 2 goals

- Poland to win against Spain

18 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Belgium are basically out after conceding a late goal against Spain (too many results need to go our way in order to advance as best runners-up). De Wolf did much better than Jackers though and Belgium had plenty of chances on the counter to pull off a late winner themselves.

If England are among the semi-finalists an Olympic play-off game will be played. Even if chances of advancing to the KO phase are slim a ticket for the Olympics could still be at stake. Belgium would need:

- a win against Italy by at least 2 goals

- Poland to win against Spain

Just saw your post. I'm not that active for the moment here.. . But it's going to change ;)

Yeah, there is too much that needs to happen. De Wolf needs to go to a better team in Belgium. 

On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 AM, 1000dB said:

Can't tell if the vids are country-blocked, if not here's an extensive recap:

https://sporza.be/nl/matches/voetbal/eur/europees-kampioenschap-onder-21/2019/groep-a/01/polen-onder-21-belgie-onder-21/

In short: Schrijvers forgot to put on his scoring boots. Vanheusden (and a few others) were sorely missed. Mangala was solid. Belgium dominate while conserving energy. Yet instead of Belgium finishing their chances/adding to the lead, they concede very soft goals. Poland score from their first attempt/a rather "harmless" shot from distance that any keeper shouldn't have problems dealing with (but Jackers was too slow). Belgium only have themselves to blame for their unorganized, abysmal defending. As expected Belgium will be going home soon.

Sporza just works in Belgium itself...