thorgan lesar

Belgian football (Season '19-'20) + 22 other countries (for example The Netherlands)

Long and short of it, Dembele & De Bruyne..

If you need to add flair, you bring in Nainggolan, if steel you bring on Fellaini.

Also, whats with the non existence of quality on the Right flank, and at full back? Is there a lack of development in those positions?

6 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Long and short of it, Dembele & De Bruyne..

If you need to add flair, you bring in Nainggolan, if steel you bring on Fellaini.

Also, whats with the non existence of quality on the Right flank, and at full back? Is there a lack of development in those positions?

Belgium don't really do fullbacks, like Germany who have been throwing a LOT more money at the problem (+ their striker and DM woes) and who have a massively larger talentpool. In Brazil2014 they first went with Lahm as a DM (was then their best DM TBF), Boateng got exposed at RB and from the QFs onwards Lahm was moved back but now both him and Schweini are retired. Also IDK if Howedes, who was their starting LB, will see much action at his new club and Hector isn't exactly world class either. Despite Brazil having much better fullbacks (D.Alves is still Brazil's best RB but he's getting on though), Germany did OK in the semis (TBH Marcelo was all over the place but at LB Brazil are stacked). Spain and England have plenty of depth at fullback as well. Not that it did them a lot of good. Mind you, I'm not claiming Belgium are on the level of favourites like Germany, Brazil, Spain, France, etc. (stressing this point again). What I'd like to get across = Belgium isn't the only team with weaknesses. The system takes the edge off yet better fullback/wingback options would be nice. England have them but is it really that much fun having to support a team like England?

If Brazil have a spare fullback Belgium could use him. It's only fair as Brazil got Man Utd's Andreas Pereira from Belgium (born, raised and educated in Belgium, in Belgian youth set-ups until he switched, did quite well for Brazil at the U20 WC; Brazil struggling with a lack of development as well?). There are a few Belgian fullback talents coming through yet until they come good we'll have to cope with Belgium's eternal fullback problem as best as we can. Meunier was a winger who then got converted into a fullback/wingback. Last season he did a great job for PSG. We'll see how the current season works out but if he gets less minutes the silver lining is that he'll be well-rested. Chadli, when he was tried at wingback, looked good so far. Foket went under the knife, successfully, but lost out on a transfer to Atalanta, Castagne moved there instead, and you also have the likes of Cools. For the time being, you can do a lot worse than Meunier.

On the right Meunier provides width but he's allowed to move inside as well. The aim is to create 1-on-1 situations for e.g. Mertens (same idea for Carrasco and Hazard on the other flank). I wouldn't say quality doesn't exist on the right as Mertens usually comes up with the goods. You also have Lukaku who likes to cut inside from the right and then get a shot off with his stronger left.

Engels to Olympiacos

Sure they have CL football but what sort of challenge is moving to Olympiacos really? Not like they won't be champions, for the umptieth time, in a worse competition than Engels is coming from (congrats I guess).

Denayer to Galatasaray (loan)

Again moving very late in the window, after being pushed to join Girona by City, but at least he's played for Galatasaray before. Still Celtic (2014/15) => Galatasaray (2015/16) => Sunderland (2016/17) => Galatasaray (2017/18) constantly missing pre-season and the first matches of the season while often having to adapt to a new league, new club, new teammates.

Looking for a new club before the end of purple dildo day:

Vermaelen, Chadli, Mirallas, Musonda (reportedly Walem allowed him to stay away to sort out a move), Origi and maybe Batshuayi (but CFC are very thin)

Transfer Deadline Day

I don't have time to give you the transfers about Belgium minute per minute, but they will be in the lists on Page 1 and Page 2 tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I will talk with @1000dB If he wants to about the transfers in Belgium this Summer. 

In this weeks you will recieve all the first teams in Belgium with the information you need for the game Soccer Manager. 

About the risers. Yesterday I put a possible risers list in Belgium. You can see in the Opening Post a link for the Risers. It will be up-to-date. I can quarantee that. 

Thanks for your trust and keep following ☺.

3 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Engels to Olympiacos

Sure they have CL football but what sort of challenge is moving to Olympiacos really? Not like they won't be champions, for the umptieth time, in a worse competition than Engels is coming from (congrats I guess).

Denayer to Galatasaray (loan)

Again moving very late in the window, after being pushed to join Girona by City, but at least he's played for Galatasaray before. Still Celtic (2014/15) => Galatasaray (2015/16) => Sunderland (2016/17) => Galatasaray (2017/18) constantly missing pre-season and the first matches of the season while often having to adapt to a new league, new club, new teammates.

Vermaelen, Chadli, Mirallas, Musonda (reportedly Walem allowed him to stay away to sort out a move), Origi and maybe Batshuayi (but CFC are very thin)

Origi -> VFL Wolfsburg. Not confirmed yet. These day is absolutely not finished ☺.

IIRC Fellaini is suspended for today's game (and reportedly carrying a knock anyway). Hey-ho we're playing GibBentekeSevenSecondsToOpenScore.

For the other tie ... Greece captain and right-back, Torosidis, is ruled out, Mitroglou is being rushed back from injury (won't play today but might play v. Belgium) and Papastathopoulos returns from suspension in time to face Belgium.

@thorgan lesar I trust your judgment on transfers within Belgium (as I said before I don't follow the Pro League that closely). From the group of Belgians abroad (that changed clubs this window) let's see how the move pans out for the likes of Lukaku, Tielemans, Castagne, Januzaj, Bakkali, et al.

Normally I watch the games at the pub (my local is just down the street). This time I just went to the shop and bought a case of Karmeliet, Delirium, Lindemans Kriek (still summer IMO) and Cornet as those were sold at reduced prices. Drinking a bottle for every goal we scored wasn't the best idea. Need to eat before I drink because I'm not that used to drinking any longer and those beers are stronger than I remembered (didn't touch the Kriek). The Cornet won a prize and came with a free glass (also was the cheapest). Not a bad one but tastes more like a lager (I'd say somewhere between a blonde Leffe and Jupiler).

Witsel, ffs, seeing red in a game like this. OK it was soft but still. Bobby also was slow with the subs seeing he started a strong XI (could have given a few others minutes), the game was already won and the next tie is far more important. A win or a draw, I'll check later if I got this wrong, will secure a ticket to Russia. It will be hot in Greece, but hey-ho, no excuses we should take home all 3 points.

PS @-JMH- (I'm still a bit tipsy but might check out Argentina - Uruguay in a minute) with this post I'm just informing you that Meunier scored a hat-trick and provided another 4 assists. A fullback/wingback contributing to 7 goals in one match isn't bad at all (even if it was against a pub team). D.Alves played some great games in the CL last season but wasn't always on song in the league. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd have to share the starting spot with Meunier (but yea anything Neymar wants...). Mertens was great too and most danger came from the right flank (Hazard also interchanged with Mertens from time to time). Belgium aren't exactly limping, both the left and right flank are quality plus it isn't like we're lacking in creativity in midfield.

Also, for Brazil at Russia2018, do you think Coutinho will provide creativity in midfield or will Tite focus on wingplay and move him out wide? Is Tite going with 4-1-4-1 with Casemiro, Paulinho and R.Augusto? It seems like China is paying him to promote their league (or it has to do with their past +/- that one club world cup from a while back). Martinez had a huge offer from China (the sort of offer to set any of his descendants up for a very easy life) and now I'm always sceptical whenever he starts Witsel (only played in China for half a season now but it will be 1 1/2 ahead of Russia2018).

Campaign Red Devils

Belgium vs Gibraltar  9-0

1-0 Mertens, 2-0 Meunier, 3-0 R.Lukaku, 4-0 Witsel, 5-0 R.Lukaku, 6-0 E.Hazard, 7-0 Meunier, 8-0 Meunier, 9-0 R.Lukaku pen,

Courtois; Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen; Meunier, Witsel, De Bruyne(Youri Tielemans 84'), Carrasco; E.Hazard (Thorgan Hazard 77'), D.Mertens (Mousa Dembélé 46'); R.Lukaku

13 hours ago, 1000dB said:

PS @-JMH- (I'm still a bit tipsy but might check out Argentina - Uruguay in a minute) with this post I'm just informing you that Meunier scored a hat-trick and provided another 4 assists. A fullback/wingback contributing to 7 goals in one match isn't bad at all (even if it was against a pub team). D.Alves played some great games in the CL last season but wasn't always on song in the league. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd have to share the starting spot with Meunier (but yea anything Neymar wants...). Mertens was great too and most danger came from the right flank (Hazard also interchanged with Mertens from time to time). Belgium aren't exactly limping, both the left and right flank are quality plus it isn't like we're lacking in creativity in midfield.

Also, for Brazil at Russia2018, do you think Coutinho will provide creativity in midfield or will Tite focus on wingplay and move him out wide? Is Tite going with 4-1-4-1 with Casemiro, Paulinho and R.Augusto? It seems like China is paying him to promote their league (or it has to do with their past +/- that one club world cup from a while back). Martinez had a huge offer from China (the sort of offer to set any of his descendants up for a very easy life) and now I'm always sceptical whenever he starts Witsel (only played in China for half a season now but it will be 1 1/2 ahead of Russia2018).

Yesterday was every one on quality, but Yannick Carrasco and Romelu Lukaku missed 2 goals each. Carrasco was on my opinion the weakest and Romelu Lukaku missed huge chances. It could be yesterday 13 - 0. With all respect for Gibraltar, but the funny thing was that the goalkeeper from Gibraltar was the best man on the pitch. :) 

15 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Normally I watch the games at the pub (my local is just down the street). This time I just went to the shop and bought a case of Karmeliet, Delirium, Lindemans Kriek (still summer IMO) and Cornet as those were sold at reduced prices. Drinking a bottle for every goal we scored wasn't the best idea. Need to eat before I drink because I'm not that used to drinking any longer and those beers are stronger than I remembered (didn't touch the Kriek). The Cornet won a prize and came with a free glass (also was the cheapest). Not a bad one but tastes more like a lager (I'd say somewhere between a blonde Leffe and Jupiler).

Witsel, ffs, seeing red in a game like this. OK it was soft but still. Bobby also was slow with the subs seeing he started a strong XI (could have given a few others minutes), the game was already won and the next tie is far more important. A win or a draw, I'll check later if I got this wrong, will secure a ticket to Russia. It will be hot in Greece, but hey-ho, no excuses we should take home all 3 points.

Haha :D. You must had a horrible morning today ;).

It was actually pretty dumb from Axel Witsel, but he played his match. I saw the match at home on TV. I also thought Martinez was waiting too long with his subs, but I understand it. If he wants Eden Hazard against Greece, he let him play enough yesterday so he can be fit for Sunday. If I was Martinez yesterday it wasn't Mertens off the pitch, but Carrasco. Was absolutely not good.

23 hours ago, 1000dB said:

IIRC Fellaini is suspended for today's game (and reportedly carrying a knock anyway). Hey-ho we're playing GibBentekeSevenSecondsToOpenScore.

For the other tie ... Greece captain and right-back, Torosidis, is ruled out, Mitroglou is being rushed back from injury (won't play today but might play v. Belgium) and Papastathopoulos returns from suspension in time to face Belgium.

@thorgan lesar I trust your judgment on transfers within Belgium (as I said before I don't follow the Pro League that closely). From the group of Belgians abroad (that changed clubs this window) let's see how the move pans out for the likes of Lukaku, Tielemans, Castagne, Januzaj, Bakkali, et al.

The transfers from Tielemans and Castagne are in the post of their ex-club. The other players from the Red Devils that are playing in Abroad, you can find it there.

You don't need to follow the Pro League, but maybe you can say what you see in the posts of the transfers of the clubs. Something special in your opinion or something interesting. Just have a look, no ?

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, 1000dB said:

Belgium don't really do fullbacks, like Germany who have been throwing a LOT more money at the problem (+ their striker and DM woes) and who have a massively larger talentpool. In Brazil2014 they first went with Lahm as a DM (was then their best DM TBF), Boateng got exposed at RB and from the QFs onwards Lahm was moved back but now both him and Schweini are retired. Also IDK if Howedes, who was their starting LB, will see much action at his new club and Hector isn't exactly world class either. Despite Brazil having much better fullbacks (D.Alves is still Brazil's best RB but he's getting on though), Germany did OK in the semis (TBH Marcelo was all over the place but at LB Brazil are stacked). Spain and England have plenty of depth at fullback as well. Not that it did them a lot of good. Mind you, I'm not claiming Belgium are on the level of favourites like Germany, Brazil, Spain, France, etc. (stressing this point again). What I'd like to get across = Belgium isn't the only team with weaknesses. The system takes the edge off yet better fullback/wingback options would be nice. England have them but is it really that much fun having to support a team like England?

If Brazil have a spare fullback Belgium could use him. It's only fair as Brazil got Man Utd's Andreas Pereira from Belgium (born, raised and educated in Belgium, in Belgian youth set-ups until he switched, did quite well for Brazil at the U20 WC; Brazil struggling with a lack of development as well?). There are a few Belgian fullback talents coming through yet until they come good we'll have to cope with Belgium's eternal fullback problem as best as we can. Meunier was a winger who then got converted into a fullback/wingback. Last season he did a great job for PSG. We'll see how the current season works out but if he gets less minutes the silver lining is that he'll be well-rested. Chadli, when he was tried at wingback, looked good so far. Foket went under the knife, successfully, but lost out on a transfer to Atalanta, Castagne moved there instead, and you also have the likes of Cools. For the time being, you can do a lot worse than Meunier.

On the right Meunier provides width but he's allowed to move inside as well. The aim is to create 1-on-1 situations for e.g. Mertens (same idea for Carrasco and Hazard on the other flank). I wouldn't say quality doesn't exist on the right as Mertens usually comes up with the goods. You also have Lukaku who likes to cut inside from the right and then get a shot off with his stronger left.

Good post. The best idea to come to a back is the players that are actually wingers in their young years putting them back to a defending position. Players who has a good run ability for example.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, 1000dB said:

It's pitty Clinton Mata chose Angola above Belgium. Would be number 2 on this moment, I suppose. But Angola is the country of his hart, so I don't mind. Ismael Azzaoui is now playing in Willem II on loan, I think he can do this job of work in the system. But it's a long way yet for Azzaoui.

4 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Yesterday was every one on quality, but Yannick Carrasco and Romelu Lukaku missed 2 goals each. Carrasco was on my opinion the weakest and Romelu Lukaku missed huge chances. It could be yesterday 13 - 0. With all respect for Gibraltar, but the funny thing was that the goalkeeper from Gibraltar was the best man on the pitch. :) 

Bobby could have started J.Lukaku against a side like Gibraltar instead of Carrasco. Carrasco, in this role, still needs a lot of work (yes, he was weak yesterday). It looks like Carrasco will be Bobby's first choice and in that case it isn't the worst idea to help Carrasco become more comfortable (either that or don't wait too long to make up your mind who'll start). I didn't expect Bobby to go with such a strong line-up. He could have rested a few guys for the game against Greece (although they didn't really have to push themselves against Gibraltar) or given more minutes to youngsters like J.Lukaku, Tielemans and one of Origi/Michy.

You don't need to follow the Pro League, but maybe you can say what you see in the posts of the transfers of the clubs. Something special in your opinion or something interesting. Just have a look, no ?

Sure, I'll have a look (in the next few days though but I'll get to it).

Haha :D. You must had a horrible morning today ;).

Oddly, I never suffer the day after. Not even if I didn't drink a lot of other liquids when getting drunk the night before. Worst case I get sick as soon as I go overboard (but I know how much I can handle). Usually I quit before feeling uncomfortable or just sleep it off and feel great the day after (jumping out of bed with a big smile sort of great because I did silly things the night before). Today I sat in he sun drinking Kriek feeling great, mmmmmmm.

We used to "warm up" with 24 bottles of Jupiler each and then go out drinking (those are 25cl bottles, still after 6 liters of beer you're crawling; Americans are crawling after only a few bottles of Jupiler or Stella). Who didn't finish those 24 bottles off in time to leave had to pay for drinks in the pub (I never had to pay). I drink a lot less these days though. It isn't really healthy. Usually I go for Chimay Blue. Good taste, decent enough price and you tend to drink less.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, 1000dB said:

Thomas Vermaelen, apparently he impressed the new coach of Barcelona FC. So possibly as a back-up for Samuel Umtiti.

Nacer Chadli, didn't played, because he wanted to leave. He has a little discussion with Tony Pulis, but I don't think this is a problem.

Kevin Mirallas, he gets every season his chances. Always around 25 till 30 matches for Everton, he didn't play for the moment, because he wanted to leave

Michy Batshuayi, is 2nd choice for Chelsea FC. Will play enough.

1 hour ago, 1000dB said:

100 % sure

Thibaut Courtois

Simon Mignolet

Thomas Meunier

Toby Alderweireld

Vincent Kompany

Jan Vertonghen

Axel Witsel

Marouane Fellaini

Mousa Dembélé

Kevin De Bruyne

Yannick Carrasco

Eden Hazard

Romelu Lukaku

Dries Mertens

50 % - 70 %

Christian Benteke

Michy Batshuayi

Divock Origi

Nacer Chadli

Youri Tielemans

Leander Dendoncker

Thomas Vermaelen

Radja Nainggolan

Koen Casteels

Outsiders

Kevin Mirallas

Matz Sels

Jordan Lukaku

Laurent Ciman

Steven Defour

Sven Kums

Charly Musonda

Christian Kabasele

Jason Denayer

Bjorn Engels

Adnan Januzaj

Zakaria Bakkali

Landry Dimata

0 - 10 % chance

Timothy Castagne

Senna Miangue

Orel Mangala

Dion Cools

Théo Bongonda

Leandro Trossard

Aaron Leya Iseka

Mile Svilar

Removal: Hein Vanhaezebrouck isnt any more the coach of KAA Gent

Today Gent and Vanhaezebrouck decided to stop the contract. He gave Gent a new state in Belgium. They won for the first time the Champion Title in their history, reached the next round in the Champions League and reached the Quarter finals in the Europa League. This year Gent hasn't have a good start. Everything goes wrong, even in the games they were better. Today Hein Vanhaezebrouck wanted to stop, because they think it will be better for some players (= new air). The way too RSC Anderlecht is open for Vanhaezebrouck.

Image result for hein vanhaezebrouck kaa gent