1 hour ago, shangar said:

Because of his transfer to China?

Do you know anything of Eliot Matazo, recommended by @Der Chefscout

@thorgan lesar But would also like to learn something more about him

https://soccersouls.com/2018/02/25/whos-this-16-year-old-belgian-wonderkid-on-both-manchester-clubs-radar-all-you-need-to-know/

14 hours ago, -JMH- said:

That he is getting attention because he is refusing to go pro with anderlecht. what a poor attitude.

He is getting attention, because of all the teams that are interested. Barcelona, Real Madrid, RB Leipzig, Schalke 04, Manchester United, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund & AS Monaco . For the moment AS Monaco is the first choice. 

He is still in negotation with RSC Anderlecht. Matazo was this week in the beginning training with the A-team. So we will see.

Btw we have a good competition. Possibly the best after the G5. Not all our talents breaks through here. Sometimes you lose a talent, but if he breaks through in the G5 is also good for the national team. Maybe not for the club that he left in Belgium, but we can't keep all our talents. Next year there are new rules about the youngsters. So we're working on it to keep so much talent as possible.

‚Ė† Eliot Matazo

Is a player with a bright future. He has an enormous run ability and his speed from a calm starting point is incredible. I see a '6' in him. He needs to work at his passing and keep it simple when you can play simple. He needs to give the ball sooner when he is close to the 16. He see sometimes things what a normal player doesn't see, but to optimalize his vision on the field he needs to work more at his passing.  If he can do that he will have a nice future.

29th matchday (!!) 

Still 1 game to go

Waasland-Beveren - KRC Genk 0-1

0-1 Aidoo 69,

Charleroi - STVV 0-0

Antwerp - KAS Eupen 2-0

1-0 Haroun 19, 2-0 S.Limbombe 29, pen,

Excel Moeskroen - Lokeren OV 1-2

0-1 Mij. Maric 2, pen, 1-1 Rotariu 54, 1-2 Filipovic 72,

Zulte Waregem - RSC Anderlecht 2-3

0-1 Morioka 2, 0-2 Teodorzcyk 12, 1-2 Baudry 28, 1-3 Teodorzcyk 32, 2-3 Saponjic 85,

Club Brugge - KV Kortrijk 2-1

1-0 Diaby 51, 1-1 Stojanovic 62, pen, 2-1 A.Limbombe 79,

Standard Luik - KV Mechelen 3-2

0-1 Bandé 5, 1-1 Emond 34, 1-2 G.Mera 43, 2-2 Luyindama 45+3, 3-2 Carlinhos 52,

KAA Gent - KV Oostende 2-3

0-1 Gano 39, pen, 0-2 Akpala 72, 1-2 Janga 76, 2-2 Yaremchuk 93, 2-3 Zivkovic 96,

Competition after 29 games

1. Club Brugge KV                     64

2. RSC Anderlecht                     52

3. Charleroi SC                           51

4. KAA Gent                                47

5. KRC Genk                               44

6. Standard Luik                         41

7. Antwerp FC                             41

8. KV Kortrijk                               39

9. STVV                                        37

10. KV Oostende                        36

11. Waasland-Beveren              35

12. Zulte Waregem                    34

13. Lokeren OV                           31

14. Excel Moeskroen                 30

15. KV Mechelen                        24

16. KAS Eupen                            24

This is not just a thread for the Belgian competition, but also what football is all about.

I heard the news this morning of Davide Astori. The captain of AC Fiorentina. It's incredible sad, because 2 weeks ago he became a father. 

RIP Davide Astori

God bless you.

30th matchday

RSC Anderlecht - Antwerp FC 2-1

1-0 Teodorzcyk, 1-1 S.Limbombe, 2-1 Ganvoula pen,

KRC Genk - KAA Gent 1-2

0-1 B.Verstraete, 0-2 Kalu, 1-2 Trossard

KV Kortrijk - Charleroi 2-0

1-0 Chevalier, 2-0 Perbet 

KAS Eupen - Excel Moeskroen 4-0

1-0 Toyokawa, 2-0 L.Garcia, 3-0 Toyokawa, 4-0 Toyokawa 

KV Oostende - Standard Luik 2-3

1-0 Canesin, 2-0 Akpala, 2-1 Emond, 2-2 Djenepo, 2-3 Fai

KV Mechelen - Waasland-Beveren 2-0

1-0 G.Merà, 2-0 Bandé

Lokeren OV - Zulte Waregem 0-2

0-1 De Pauw, 0-2 Olayinka

STVV - Club Brugge 0-1

0-1 Vormer 

Competition after 30 games

1. Club Brugge KV                   67

2. RSC Anderlecht                   55

3. Charleroi                               51

4. KAA Gent                              50

5. KRC Genk                             44

6. Standard Luik                      44

7. KV Kortrijk                            42

8. Antwerp FC                          41

9. Zulte Waregem                    37

10. STVV                                   37

11. KV Oostende                      36

12. Waasland-Beveren            35

13. Lokeren OV                         31

14. Excel Moeskroen               30

15. KAS Eupen                          27

16. KV Mechelen                      27

PLAY-OFF 1

1. Club Brugge                   34

2. RSC Anderlecht             28

3. Charleroi                         26

4. KAA Gent                        25

5. KRC Genk                       22

6. Standard Luik                22

Mouscron reeks, again (now it was 4 late goals in 17 minutes). After last year's mess this time it's Mechelen drawing the short straw. Some nice talents were coming from Mechelen yet they're going down while Eupen, a.k.a. Aspire Academy's foothold, stays up. Also, it's a shame Beerschot just fell short. We need a new Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Nainggolan, Dembele, et al. ASAP (Cercle, Monaco's satelite, will gain promotion and I'm not exactly expecting them to develop many talents that are eligible for Belgium).

20 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Mouscron reeks, again (now it was 4 late goals in 17 minutes). After last year's mess this time it's Mechelen drawing the short straw. Some nice talents were coming from Mechelen yet they're going down while Eupen, a.k.a. Aspire Academy's foothold, stays up. Also, it's a shame Beerschot just fell short. We need a new Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Nainggolan, Dembele, et al. ASAP (Cercle, Monaco's satelite, will gain promotion and I'm not exactly expecting them to develop many talents that are eligible for Belgium).

I want Eupen to stay up, i like their story to date

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 4:41 AM, 1000dB said:

First of all Beerschot-Wilrijk promoted 3 times in a row. You can't expect that they will promote in their first season in 1B. 

Mouscron is by far the most ugly team we have in 1A, but I have my doubts this year. Previous season it was cristal clear. You can't deny that Mouscroun has a bad period for the moment. 

Eupen scored 3 times this year 3 or 4 goals in 10 minutes. That's also not the first time.

But I understand there are doubts and I have doubts too, but you can't deny the facts.

I also wanted Beerschot-Wilrijk, but Cercle Brugge has the same rights to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I like projects where we can help other Abroad players. So I don't mind that, but nr.1 priority is always the developpment of Belgium. So I understand that, but tell me 1 competition where all the clubs has a vision only for there nationality. 

Beerschot's promotion could very well have been a big boost for Belgian football as the place is a prime hotbed for talent. Had Ajax remained loyal they would have set an example (to improve upon) for satelite clubs. Ajax weren't producing good enough players though to go the other way and they didn't hesitate for a second to cut off Beerschot from financial drip. Beerschot's days as a satelite club were quickly numbered. Ajax mainly wanted defenders from Beerschot, with Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Vermaelen being the biggest successes. The bigwigs in Amsterdam laughed at their Belgian scout from Beerschot, Hasaert, for suggesting they should attract the likes of De Bruyne, Hazard, Dembele, ... (asking when did Belgium ever produce players with technique and football IQ). La Ling's report about Ajax's problems revealed how rife amateurism was within Ajax, including the incompetence of the decision makers in their technical heart. Van Gaal, TBF, did value Hasaert.

IIRC Monaco's TD has a vision of betting on African players (especially looking for physical qualities). According to him football will become increasingly dominated by physical players and less so by technical ones. To prepare for the future he intends to focus on scouting Africa extensively and wants to make use of Belgium's soft rules, regarding work permits and legionnaires, to introduce these "commodities" in Europe. Not a big surprise if Cercle ends up as the new Beveren, yet another cautionary tale, not unlike Beerschot (minus the locally trained youth).

Without going into how many farm clubs are too many I admit I'm not completely opposed to the idea of having some ... as long as it's win-win. That is the parent club invests money/knowhow/talents/..., protects the feeder club from being routinely raided by bigger clubs, it's a longterm commitment (Beerschot produced so many golden eggs in very little time and still got the axe), the focus is on locally trained youth instead of turning the farm club into an army of legionnaires (Beveren's Ivorians), etc. Imagine Beerschot had made such a deal instead of the one with Ajax: a win for the parent club who's getting top quality players, a win for Beerschot, for the Pro League and the Belgian NT (as long as locally trained youth is not merely a distraction).

Beerschot-Wilrijk promoted 3 times in a row. You can't expect that they will promote in their first season in 1B.

Beerschot also were shafted during the reform (winning the league 4 times in a row but only gaining promotion on 3 occasions). Still I just like them better and feel sad they fell short (not advocating Cercle didn't deserve it, Beerschot just had my support). Do we really need yet another club from the West? We already have too many clubs from that very small talent pool: Club, Cercle, KVO, KVK, Essevee +/- Mouscron (the latter is in the West as well but also without them 1/3 clubs in 1A will be from the West). All these clubs combined can't even produce the kind of talents that were brought through at Beerschot in a matter of years.

I like projects where we can help other Abroad players. So I don't mind that, but nr.1 priority is always the developpment of Belgium. So I understand that, but tell me 1 competition where all the clubs has a vision only for there nationality.

It doesn't get much worse than Belgium when it comes to playing time for your own youth and chasing these talents away, forcing them to try their luck abroad. It's better to be more like Spain or Germany instead of Turkey. Belgium is one of the worst offenders regarding locally trained youth, or better yet, lack thereof.

FYI, former Beerschot players also include the likes of Wanyama. Spurs have a spine made almost entirely out of Beerschot talents (they just needed to add Vermaelen and Nainggolan). I won't complain when Belgian clubs attract players from abroad, within reason, but in Belgium locally trained youth is often viewed as a pain in the ass, too big of a risk (even more so than in top clubs in the big leagues). I'm very much in favour of high min. wages for non-Belgian players so clubs only attract the ones that really add value (instead of having an army of legionnaires and hardly anything else).

Remember the scandal that cost Allardyce the England job? Those reporters also went undercover in Leuven (before LFC were even linked; LFC's owner probably had never heard of OHL when the story broke). Have a guess why the newspaper would be interested in a small, struggling club from Belgium's 2nd division?

Derdewereldeconomie 

Er is een structurele reden voor de buitenlandse run op clubs. Belgi√ę is in het voetbal een derdewereldeconomie met lage minimumlonen, soepele regels en fiscale voordelen. Dat maakt ons land een goedkope plek voor investeerders - waar vaak makelaars achter schuilgaan - om goedkoop talent te stallen.

It's also not helping to make Belgian football less shady. Granted, it's not as bad as Portugal or the Balkan for that matter but still a stain on Belgium for letting it happen. How about looking into an adequate "fit and proper test" for owners and the BuLi's 50 +1 rule. There have been a couple of TPO convictions but more needs to be done to eradicate it. Zahavi's Mouscron has been leaving a bad taste for longer than the last 2 or 3 seasons (even without the matchfixing allegations they deserve to be investigated). Clean up the Pro League. A shady business doesn't yield a bright future.

On 14/03/2018 at 8:34 AM, thorgan lesar said:

I'm going to ask you a question.

What do you prefer ?

1) a traditional team

2) a team with an academy from Qatar

I like the idea behind their setup. Its innovative