Aston Villa Player Ratings !

Magic J

Here are some of my thoughts and predictions for Aston Villa in the upcoming English rating changes.

Goalkeepers

Scott Carson - 89 > 90 The on loan Keeper ( with view to permanent move ;) ) Has took Sorenson's number 1 jersey for villa this season. The young english man has been steady & solid and his displays have earnt him two senior england caps, one against Austria in a friendly and one against Croatia in which he made that fateful mistake. Apart from that mistake and a few Nervous[/u] moments after that, he has been exceptional and fully deserves and increase.

Thomas Sorenson - 89>88 The former number one for Villa has not made a single EPL appearance this season, yet some how has kept his number one status for Denmark. He has appeared 6 times for them in the Euro Qualifiers so far this season. He isnt playing football on a regular basis and should go down. however his appearances for Denmark may either act as damage control or just keep him at 89. Personally i feel he should go down to 88

Stuart Taylor 83 > 83 - Made two premiership appearances and played twice in the Carling cup, not really enough to warrant an increase but is a better player than 83.

Defenders !

Martin Laursen - 88 > 89 - The great Dane and former AC milan player has been impressive for villa so far this season. He has 20 EPL appearances so far this season with an impressive four goals. Has been instrumental in villas defense and has handles players such as Drogba very well. He has also played 5 times for Denmark in the euro qualifiers, nice to see him stay fit and show how good he truely is. Imo a increase of one is needed.

Curtis Davies 86 > 85 - Only made a handful of appearances since joining villa, at first it was due to injury but a shocker against Leicester has only see him play afew times since. However he came on and impressed against Chelsea and looks like he might make a few appearances, which could mean he retains his rating

Olof Melberg 89 > 89 The swede has been impressive for villa this season, not as impressive as Laursen but still on great form. definitely a solid 89, the swede has also been linked with Seria A clubs Roma and Juventus.

Knight - 87 > 87 The big solihull lad has played all villas premiere league games so far this season and has looked solid(ish). Hasnt impressed enough to make 88 for me

Bouma - 88 > 88 - Another played who is playing well this season, has done enough to retain his current rating

Midfielders

Petrov 89 > 88 - Not had the best of season, With the signing of Reo Coker he did loose his place. recently had some apperances on the wing and is starting to play a little more, still not that impressive and 89 is a little to generous.

Nigel Reo Coker 88>88 - just the kind of player villa needed, the box to box midfielder has been good for villa but never at his best. I reckon he will stay the same but could push for 89 if SM feel nice :)

Gareth Barry 90>91 - Its been a big season for Barry so far, The villa captain has been solid and impressive for villa so far, and his performances earnt him a starting place in the england squad. One of the only players to come out of the qualifiers with any dignity a increase is surely on the books for Barry.

Gardner 85>86 - The villa youth product is mr.versatile, can also score a goal or two as Arsenal and Spurs found out. 9 apperances in the league and few in other competitions including four games for england under 21's means a rise to 86 is fair, maybe even 87.

Berger 85>84 - only 5 appearances all season, all of them as a sub, been poor when he has played aswell.

Maloney 88>88/maybe 87 - The ex celtic player was very unsettled but recently has been playing and declared he is happy in Brum. Put some great performances in and has scored 4 goals in the 12 epl apperances, 4 of which he started. Maloney has also scored two in two in the carling cup and made three apperances for scotland.

Strikers / forwards / wingers

Ashley Young 88>90 - One of the two players that everyone talks about at Villa, the quick and agile winger has been instrumental in villas end of season form last season and their form this year. played every epl game and has got two goals to his name, scoring isnt his main attribute his delivery is impeccable and he can take on players for fun.

Gabriel Agbonlahor - 88>90 Youngs partner in crime, been on sensational form this year, and played well last year. Has came on leaps and bound since his villa debut 3 years ago and is one to watch out for. His pace, determination and general ability make this man a 90 in my eyes.

Carew 90 > 90 - battled with his fitness after injury but is now in the swing of things causing trouble for so many defenses.

i usually leave this kind of thing to the scouts and people who know what they are talking about, any feedback is welcome

Re: Aston Villa Player Ratings !

Agree with them all, though I will say Maloney's recent run of goals should be enough to ensure he stays on 88. Performance wise Laursen is in the 90s, but of course this is only the first season he's been fully fit and so for now as you say, 89 is right.

Very good views mate' date='although Zat Knight should be 88 imo,he has looked pretty solid at the back and if you compare him to other 88 CBs he's another class i.e Senderos ;)[/quote']

I dunno mate ! he looksa bit iffy at times, but to be fair a 88 wouldnt be generous !

Agree with them all' date=' though I will say Maloney's recent run of goals should be enough to ensure he stays on 88. Performance wise Laursen is in the 90s, but of course this is only the first season he's been fully fit and so for now as you say, 89 is right.[/quote']

Yeah Maloney has been impressive of late when he has played just not sure if its to little to late, but there are a few weeks before EPL ratings so he might hold on to it.

Also Laursen performances are of a 90 rated player, infact tbh i wouldnt be shocked if he got it.

Also Laursen performances are of a 90 rated player' date=' infact tbh i wouldnt be shocked if he got it.[/quote']

More I think about it the more I believe SM should make Laursen a 90 - started every league match this season and has been in exceptional form throughout.

Scott Carson 89-->90

18 Starts, 1609 minutes.

Thomas Sorensen 89-->87

No minutes, time to move one Thomas

Wilfred Bouma 88-->89

20 Starts, 1728 minutes

Martin Laursen 88-->89/90

20 Starts, 1763 minutes, 4 goals, 1 assist

Zat Knight 87-->88

16 Starts, 1378 minutes, 1 goal, 1 assist

Gareth Barry 90-->91

20 Starts, 1816 minutes, 4 goals, 1 assist. Also played a few games for England alongside Gerrard replacing Lampard and played well.

Ashley Young 88-->89/90

20 Starts, 1791 minutes, 2 goals

Stiliyan Petrov 89-->88

9 Starts, 6 Subs, 761 minutes

Craig Gardner 85-->87

9 Starts, 5 Subs, 803 minutes, 3 goals, 2 assists

Gabriel Agbonlahor 88-->90

20 Starts, 1811 minutes, 7 goals, 1 assist.

The rest should stay the same.

I was a bit undecided when i was doing two players ratings last time.

They were Melberg and Laursen.

Melberg was sweden captain ( maybe still is . . not sure ) but has always played consistently well for villa, maybe a push but i reckon possibly just possibly 90.

HOWEVER i decided to post again on Laursen, i was undecided, and did start to change my mind soon after i posted but yet another brilliant performance last night and another goal, surely this guy will hit 90 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like i was right about Melberg & Laursen.

Im very very dissapointed that Young, top assister in the prem, more than fabregas . . . only went up to 89, also a bit dissapointed Gabby only got 89. Gabby has been sensational for villa this year, not to mention the last 10 games of last season. He has played 95% + of last years and this seasons games and i reckon a 90 would of done him justice. But then again, he isnt in the England setup, as isnt young, maybe that whats holding them back because they certainly are 90 rated players in my eyes. Its weird because Melberg has gone up to 90, along with Laursen, whose performaces have warranted it, but they didnt play as well as gabby and young did last year yet they hit 90 ? weird to me imo

Review for Aston Villa's Changes

Thomas Sorensen 89-->88

Martin Laursen 88-->90

Olof Mellberg 89-->90

Craig Gardner 85-->87

Curtis Davies 86-->85

Gareth Barry 90-->91

Stylian Petrov 89-->88

Ashley Young 88-->89

Gabriel Agbonlahor 88-->89

Luke Moore 87-->86

Marlon Harewood 86-->85

Mostly what Adam and I predicted, disappointed with Young and Agbonlahor.

• 2 months later...

A combination of mine and Toms rating predictions have finally come true lol' date='

Ashley young is a deserving 90. IMO should of been last time when he was playing even better.

:)[/quote']

Young went up so should Agbonlahor! They both perform great for Villa and its not fair that Agbonlahor (Top Scorer for Villa) stayed!

I can see the justification though' date=' he has been injured of late, and so hasnt played as much, and when he did come back he wasnt that sharp. You can guarentee this lad will be 90 next time :) !

n carew is top gs ;) methinks :P[/quote']

I reckon if he continues form he should be 91 next time.

he's played for England once :confused: Made a huge season which has wrecked his season. 1

For england under 21's he was great and his form prior to the england game was what got him the 90 and the call up.

He is not a rubbish keeper, but one who lacks confidence and his performances are really showing it.

However if he doesnt pick his game up i think we need to get a new keeper.

he's played for England once :confused: Made a huge season which has wrecked his season. 1

For england under 21's he was great and his form prior to the england game was what got him the 90 and the call up.

He is not a rubbish keeper' date=' but one who lacks confidence and his performances are really showing it.

However if he doesnt pick his game up i think we need to get a new keeper.[/quote']

Isn't Carson currently the most capped player for England U-21's?

I thought he was.....Brilliant potential still but lack of confidence at present...I am not a huge fan but he will be a 90 rated keeper in the future...

Great to see Young increase...Class since joining Villa, staking a big claim for a regular England place IMO....

I don't believe Agbonlahor should be 90 yet....Has quietened down in recent months for me...

I just don't feel right now that Carson deserves 90 rating.

89 is what he deserves, once he starts keeping more clean sheets and building his confidence, he could go upto 90/91, he does have potential, but right now, hes not a 90.

Isn't Carson currently the most capped player for England U-21's?

I thought he was.....Brilliant potential still but lack of confidence at present...I am not a huge fan but he will be a 90 rated keeper in the future...

Great to see Young increase...Class since joining Villa' date=' staking a big claim for a regular England place IMO....

I don't believe Agbonlahor should be 90 yet....Has quietened down in recent months for me...[/quote']

Thats mainly due to his injury though, but even on his return he hasnt been as sharp. will easly be a 90 + player imo.

Carson tbf should of gone down to 89. He has been 90 for a while now hasnt he ? :confused:

Thats mainly due to his injury though' date=' but even on his return he hasnt been as sharp. will easly be a 90 + player imo.

Carson tbf should of gone down to 89. He has been 90 for a while now hasnt he ? :confused:[/quote']

Carson has been 89 for aslong as I can remember. And I think he was 88 when I first started playing SM. I can't remember him being 90, but he may of been at one point.

Carson has been 89 for aslong as I can remember. And I think he was 88 when I first started playing SM. I can't remember him being 90' date=' but he may of been at one point.[/quote']

ahhh lol. i dont actually have him in any teams lol. so i didnt know. Why are we discussing Scott Carson if he didnt increase ?:confused:

ahhh lol. i dont actually have him in any teams lol. so i didnt know. Why are we discussing Scott Carson if he didnt increase ?:confused:

Rob was saying about how he doesn't deserve 90...Which he isn't so thats confusing...

I was just talking about him generally....

Rob was saying about how he doesn't deserve 90...Which he isn't so thats confusing...

I was just talking about him generally....

yeah slightly confusing :confused::o

Like you said, he is a confidence player and can you possibly think of a worse scenario than the one against Croatia to dash confidence lol. I bet he is still having nightmares now. Oneil will seriously have to pull some motivational strings and get that chap booked in with a sport psychologist. If he waits 4 more years ill have finished me degree then, so i can help him :D