Ross v Tom v Mark v Teb v Spoon v Sam v Daniel v Toggs

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ross v Tom v Mark Bristol City News New Manager Appointed Tom Pham has been appointed as the new man at Ashton Gate after Gary Johnson, the previous manager was fired by chairman Stephen L

Re: Ross v Tom v Mark v Teb BRISTOL CITY NEWS Since the arrival of boss Ross Philp, no fewer than 21 faces have came through the Ashton Gate gate . Most are the young and able, who will feature

Keeping you Informed - Bristol City EC762 We Will Be In The Prem ! Toggs has told his team anything but promotion is a failure. Pundits think he's said that too early as he is going for no

Re: Ross v Tom v Mark v Teb v Torley v Toggs v Sam

I beat Everton 3-1, away. With my second team. Quite pleased with that, they looked nearly full strength as well. Cup success would be nice to raise some extra funds but I am notoriously poor in cups (actually... all competitions now I come to think of it...) so not holding much hope of a trophy!

Bristol Reserves destroy Burnley

OK, not all reserves, but Fazio, Juninho, Walcott etc were resting.

1- SISSOKO

7- McCann

16- BENT

22- Carlisle

32 - LEJEUNE

50- ALI

53- ANTONIO CARLOS

68- LEJEUNE (2)

6-2 win

Goal Scorers so far (Apps in brackets)

Darren Bent 7 (10)

Ismael Blanco 5 (4)

Theo Walcott 4 (8)

Mohamed Ali 3 (2)

Kevin Lejeune 3 (9)

Bayal Sall 2 (8)

Diego Capel 2 (9)

Sissoko 1 (2)

Juninho 1 (6)

Couto 1 (8)

Antonio Carlos 1 (9)

1st with 26 points in 12 games.

"Anything you can do..."

Wolverhampton Wanderers - 2

Freddy EASTWOOD (14)

Neill COLLINS (40)

Bristol City - 8

Michael TARNAT (7)

Kevin LEJEUNE (11)

Kevin LEJEUNE (20)

Horacio CARDOZO (30)

Marco BORRIELLO (31)

Marco BORRIELLO (35)

Kevin LEJEUNE (51)

Marco BORRIELLO (70)

Borriello seems to be enjoying life as a newly crowned 88 rated player!

1st with 28 points in 12 games. :D

"Anything you can do..."

Wolverhampton Wanderers - 2

Freddy EASTWOOD (14)

Neill COLLINS (40)

Bristol City - 8

Michael TARNAT (7)

Kevin LEJEUNE (11)

Kevin LEJEUNE (20)

Horacio CARDOZO (30)

Marco BORRIELLO (31)

Marco BORRIELLO (35)

Kevin LEJEUNE (51)

Marco BORRIELLO (70)

Borriello seems to be enjoying life as a newly crowned 88 rated player!

1st with 28 points in 12 games. :D

were those your reserves ;)

I can say the same about your win over Everton, and mine over... Arsenal.

83.gifWatford 1-3 Bristol City13.gif

Scorers

David Noble (Bristol City), 59 mins

Jose Marti (Bristol City), 60 mins

Kazenga LuaLua (Bristol City), 68 mins

Gareth Williams (Watford), 54 mins

Not my strongest side so I am happy with the win, that takes me to second place and one point off the top, still in both cup competitions as well.

Bristol City News

20.gif0-4 13.gif

Match Report

Bristol City had a stunning away win last night as they equaled there highest away win for the season. Sükür Hakan scored the first of 4 goals for Bristol City after only 15 minutes. A great through ball was played into his path and he smacked it first time which left the helpless keeper stranded. Then only 4 minutes later Bristol increased there lead through the other star striker Lilian Laslandes. He received the ball and with no passes on he decided to take on a shot from 25 yards and he smashed it into the top right hand corner. With Charlton on the back foot they just wanted to see it through to half time but Bristol wanted more before the break and they got one more. On 41 minutes Ivan Sproule scored a fantastic overhead from a corner to create much daylight between the two sides at 3-0. With Charlton looking to get back into the game they were pushing from the start of the first half but it was Bristol who scored again with Michael Mcindoe scoring with the help of a deflection. This knocked the stuffing out of Charlton and they then stopped pushing for goals. And the game petered into a great 4-0 win for Bristol City.

Managers View

"I am very pleased with the performance the boys put in last night and they deserved to have such a good win. The win has taken us up into 2nd place but we are only 1 point ahead of 4. With only 8 games gone this is only the start of a long road ahead but so far i am happy with the start me and my side has made. I am looking to bring in a star midfield player over the next few days and i will be spending about 3 million on that player. And the player i am looking at is Tomas Galasek. As i still have 11.8 million in the bank."

24351.jpg

(Will Thomas be arriving at the club over the next few days??)

Bristol Season Update

The season has started well for Bristol City. After there rout of spending in the summer, which totalled to 36, along with the 12 that were sold, Toggs had his team in place.

First Team

Bristol1stteam-1.jpg[/center]

[/img]

Youth Team

BristolYouth.jpg[/img]

Loaned Out

Bristolloanedout.jpg[/img]

Toggs team made a good start to the season, unbeaten in their first 8 league matches, Drawing Half of them. A surprise draw with Colchester, followed with losses to Charlton and Sheff Utd in the Cup. Form picked up with wins at Norwich and Sheff Utd in the league. The reserves had a run out against Leyton Orient in the Shield, which they lost 1-0. After was Preston, Toggs made one change from the reserve squad, despite Preston only being one place behind City (4th). Toggs team managed a 1-0 win, Freddy Adu scoring the goal.

BristolSchedule-1.jpg[/center]

[/img]

So thats how its ben, the next few games look a relaxing period, except from when they host Sheff Wed, top of the table, on the 20th.

BristolFixtures.jpg[/center]

[/img]

So thats how its going, hopefully promotion will happen, next update Saturday. Table as it stands below.

BristolTable.jpg[/img]

ENGLISH SHIELD, ROUND 2

CHELSEA 1:2 BRISTOL CITY

Simao 44'] : Ben Arfa 14' Bruno 58']

Chelsea side: Cech, Puyol, Abidal, Nesta, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Kaka, Henry, Drogba, Simao.

"Very happy with that. Next up, a rewarded home tie against West Ham".

LEAGUE, DIVISION 2

IPSWICH TOWN 2:0 BRISTOL CITY

Hakan 19' Chiesa 21'] :

"Very dissapointed after the match, lost two silly goals and scored 0"

Burnley 0-3 Bristol City.

] Brighi (54), Ben Arfa (61, 70)]

Injuries: Matteo Brighi - 2 weeks.

Win keeps us 2nd, 2 points off leaders Coventry City ( My Bro ). Next ga,e Vs 3rd, so win will keep me up with Coventry and pulling away from other teams at the top2.

New signings include Luis Celsinho, Ben Tozer and kazenga LuaLua.

Look forward to reporting a good win on Wednesday.

Bristol City News

bristol00coventryuk5.png

No goals came in this game so a penalty shootout was needed to separate the 2 teams and in a very low scoring penalty shootout it was Bristol who came out on top in a 1-0 penalty shootout win.

Stats

bristol00coventrystatsis6.png

Both sides had about an equal amount of each attacking stat and both sides also had enough chances to win the game in actual time.

After the disappointing away match at Ipswich, Llorente was dropped and Roman Bednar and Tarik Sektioui were re-installed as the front two.

BRISTOL CITY 2:0 NORWICH CITY

Luis Jimenez, and guess who.. Roman Bednar with the two goals.

Back up to third, four points off top placed, and still unmanaged, Southampton. Next up, is Cardiff City.

Bristol City 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Bruno (11)' ]

Injuries: Vincent Muratori - 9 days

Finally !! Win takes us to top after Coventry slip up at Sheff Utd. Bruno also got MoM. Strangly only 7 performances from Ben Arfa, Jiminez and Larsson... Next game is against Stoke City (5th), with a manager that looks as if he knows what hes doing. Report coming then.

Also, very happy with season, 14 games played, only 1 defeat !!

*((RESULT OF THE NIGHT))*

CARDIFF CITY 1:6 BRISTOL CITY

Jimenez scored first, with it being 0:1 at half-time. Goals in quick succession after the break from Sektioui, Bednar and Ben Arfa made it 0:4.. game over. Sektioui got his double, as did Ben Arfa with Cardiff scoring in between them.

Finally in the promotion places.. W9 D1 L4 ..sitting one point off Soton.

My best starting eleven atm is:

Handanovic(88), Gokhan(86), Fazio(86), Garcia(85), Muratori(84), Jimenez(89), Mullins(87), Bruno(86), Ben Arfa(89), Sektioui(88) and Bednar(84)/Llorente(88).

Bristol EC - 795

bristol42sheffieldunitejp4.png

A great win for Bristol as they defeat Sheffield United by a great 2 goal margin. The game saw second place (Bristol) play first place (Sheffield United) but by the end of the day it was reserved. Bristol took top place but are still only 3 points from 4th place. There is still a long way to go but so far it has been a great start for Arsenal 123.