Leigh's Comprehensive English Player Ratings - Part 1

leigh1

Re: Leigh's Comprehensive English Player Ratings - Part 1

AGREED!

Nolan especially' date=' as he is getting back to being an England prospect.[/quote']

England prospect...?

This is why he was booed off vs Derby at home?! Not to mention fans on his back recently, if anything he should go down.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Vidic?

I find him violent and wreckless.

Ferdinand isn't much better either.

I'm a Chelsea fan and I have to disagree :D

He's the opposite of reckless IMO he's a great defender who is Man U's most important defender who cleans Ferdinand's mistakes in a jiffy

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Vidic?

I find him violent and wreckless.

Ferdinand isn't much better either.

Well, I rate Ferdinand higher than Vidic, but both are very good defenders, not the best you would find, especially Vidic.

Who watched the Liverpool vs. Man U. game?

You would have seen that Vidic and VDS were fighting for the ball jumping all over each other about three times that game, that must be a very good defender...

You would have seen that Vidic and VDS were fighting for the ball jumping all over each other about three times that game' date=' that must be a very good defender...[/quote']

hmmm...

and from that you've gathered it was all down to vidic....?

could it have been possible that van der saar wasn't shouting clearly enough, if at all, for the ball?

if so, would that not absolve vidic of blame and render your arguement mute..?

hmmm...

and from that you've gathered it was all down to vidic....?

could it have been possible that van der saar wasn't shouting clearly enough' date=' if at all, for the ball?

if so, would that not absolve vidic of blame and render your arguement mute..?[/quote']

If you watched the game, you would understand.

If Vidic did it once, it would be that it was just bad communication

Twice, there's a problem

Three times, he's not a very good defender.

If you watched the game' date=' you would understand.

Twice, there's a problem

Three times, he's not a very good defender.[/quote']

try and follow me here.

if a keeper comes for a ball he has to command his area and clear his defenders from it by claiming it his.

do you seriously think vidic, or any other defender for that matter, in a game, has the time to casually glance round to see if his keeper is going to come out to claim the cross....?

anytime i see a defender climb with a keeper for the ball then my money is on the fact that the keeper hasn't shouted his defenders off it. or if he has then it's too late.

are you telling me that van der saar called for the ball three times and each time vidic, an international defender and first teamer for man utd, decided "pah. i'm not listening to him. i'm going to jump for it anyway....."

:confused:

If you watched the game' date=' you would understand.

Twice, there's a problem

Three times, he's not a very good defender.[/quote']

I completely disagree and would lay any blame at Van Der Sar's feet! End of the day its the keepers call, if he wants the ball he should get it no matter what and clean out anyone he needs to! Vidic is there to clear the ball away from the penalty area and since the score finished 1-0 to man utd it seems he did a stella job much like he always does. Vidic is a world class centre back and currently the best in the premier league imo and probably only 2nd best in the world behind Nesta!

try and follow me here.

if a keeper comes for a ball he has to command his area and clear his defenders from it by claiming it his.

do you seriously think vidic' date=' or any other defender for that matter, in a game, has the time to casually glance round to see if his keeper is going to come out to claim the cross....?

anytime i see a defender climb with a keeper for the ball then my money is on the fact that the keeper hasn't shouted his defenders off it. or if he has then it's too late.

are you telling me that van der saar called for the ball three times and each time vidic, an international defender and first teamer for man utd, decided "pah. i'm not listening to him. i'm going to jump for it anyway....."

:confused:[/quote']

Three times is not a small number. Why does every other defender that is good can do it properly, not Vidic. :confused:

Anyways, I don't find the point arguing with you. Off to doing something else.

I completely disagree and would lay any blame at Van Der Sar's feet! End of the day its the keepers call' date=' if he wants the ball he should get it no matter what and clean out anyone he needs to! Vidic is there to clear the ball away from the penalty area and since the score finished 1-0 to man utd it seems he did a stella job much like he always does. Vidic is a world class centre back and currently the best in the premier league imo and probably only 2nd best in the world behind Nesta![/quote']

Agreed. :)

I dont think Ferdinand does Vidic any justice but I do agree that Vidic is probably in the top 3 defenders in the world with Nesta and Terry batteling it out. But then saying that and I feel that this is a pretty big debate, is JT really that good? I mean he is so overrated its unbelieveable.

Every time he gets injured for Chelsea its as if 9/11 has happened. The papers bring out the stats and headlines and Chelsea start naming backup players.

Stats wise Chelsea without Terry have lost only 3 games more then with Terry I think I last saw and in my opinion that isnt really much.

Anyway back to Vidic. I think he is the most sought after defender in the game. There isnt one club that would say no to him. How Ferdinand is 94 and Vidic 93 I really dont know. Like Terry, Ferdinand is overrated and It is probably something to do with them being english.

Three times is not a small number. Why does every other defender that is good can do it properly' date=' not Vidic. :confused:

[b']Anyways, I don't find the point arguing with you. Off to doing something else.[/b]

excellent news, because your arguments are nonsensical.

Would you guys stop it with the handbags' date=' this thread will be closed anytime now if you carry on like this and Fast Eddie, all youve done since you've ben on here is argue, try to chill it a bit mate:)[/quote']

i love how i always seem to be the one that's arguing and everyone else is just telling me their opinions.... :rolleyes:

look luke (:D ), i stated my views on the vidic situation. debating i'd call it. you know, like you do on a forum.

i can't get my head around tomowen's views and said so.

i had a great debate on the why man utd will win the league with mattyjewi i think it was. no arguments on there. just two people having their say.

which is what i'm attempting to do on here.... yes?

i love how i always seem to be the one that's arguing and everyone else is just telling me their opinions.... :rolleyes:

look luke (:D )' date=' i stated my views on the vidic situation. debating i'd call it. you know, like you do on a forum.

i can't get my head around tomowen's views and said so.

i had a great debate on the why man utd will win the league with mattyjewi i think it was. no arguments on there. just two people having their say.

which is what i'm attempting to do on here.... yes?[/quote']

Once again. You see the name Fast Eddie and shoot him down ;)

give him a break, he hasn't actually offended anybody

ok. just a quickie here (ahem) but can anyone tell me why michael owen is still well above 90....?

three seasons have gone by now where he's done next to nothing (for a 90+ player anyway) and yet he is rated 93. now obviously the main reason for this is down to injuries but still.... THREE YEARS !?!?!

i put it to you, the SM forumers, that if michael owen wasn't an english player who was so highly thought of then he would be nowhere near a 93 by now.

your opinions are welcome....

worth also mentioning is the fact that he's never scored 20 league goals in a season as most big, big strikers have...

ok. just a quickie here (ahem) but can anyone tell me why michael owen is still well above 90....?

three seasons have gone by now where he's done next to nothing (for a 90+ player anyway) and yet he is rated 93. now obviously the main reason for this is down to injuries but still.... THREE YEARS !?!?!

i put it to you' date=' the SM forumers, that if michael owen wasn't an english player who was so highly thought of then he would be nowhere near a 93 by now.

worth also mentioning is the fact that he's never scored 20 league goals in a season as most big, big strikers have...[/quote']

Now this i do agree with, cassano is only 89 whilst owen is 93, something isnt right. Owen really should be like 91max

i put it to you' date=' the SM forumers, that if michael owen wasn't an english player who was so highly thought of then he would be nowhere near a 93 by now.

worth also mentioning is the fact that he's never scored 20 league goals in a season as most big, big strikers have...[/quote']

Although I am a big fan of Owen, he's been a disaster since moving to Madrid.

I would just push him down to 92, he was a 95 a few months ago. He still plays for England and Newcastle, just needs to move to a new club to start over. Liverpool perhaps? :)