Why Manchester Utd will win the league this season

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Why Manchester Utd will win the league this season This is becoming quite a thread Well Ross you were spot in for me,would love to rep you for it but I've recently given it you for a match repo

Re: Why Manchester Utd will win the league this season Hey everyone, I'm a huge Arsenal supporter and I don't think they will let their lead slip. We may lose players but we still have enough qualit

Re: Why Manchester Utd will win the league this season Everyone on this thread has been biased towards their own clubs and are not looking at a decent perspective. Anyone who knows me on the forum kn

Re: Why Manchester Utd will win the league this season

Yes mate I think he will get an 89 too but I would love to here Fast Eddie's view on it?

put it this way. he certainly won't be the signing sir alex makes to bolster the attack in the january transfer window.

seems to me you're a bit off base with that theory..

Arsenal

I disagree with some comments made by some people that Arsenal's young guns are 2 young to face the pressures of a hot title race. Arsenal's youngsters are a bit different from most youngsters as they have had a good amount of experience for their age by playing in the cups. But the one weakness I see in Arsenal is the lack of width when they play. Apart from Walcott they do not have an out an out winger in their side and at times it becomes too narrow and it becomes too narrow.

Manchester United

I am a fan of Manchester United and I don't see an easy race to the title but I think Manchester United will win the title this year. They have got the best squad in the league and are second in the league without Scholes or Nevile. Though I do agree we are a bit fragile when either Rooney or Tevez is missing I disagree with the comments regarding Saha. I think he is a good player and was in great form in the first part of last season and showed his worth. If he can stay fit then he provides with a different option on the bench and is also a aerial threat that Rooney or Tevez do not give you.

Kolo Toure - 250k

Worth Now 20 million

Fabregas - Free

Worth Now 30 million

Anelka - 250k

sold for 22.1 million and Chelsea now want him..

Giggs- 0k

scholes- 0k

Neville brothers- 0k

And Solskjaer, Schmeichel the best golakeeper and Keane arrived for very little money.

Beckham- 0k

Sold- $$$$

Kolo Toure - 250k

Worth Now 20 million

Fabregas - Free

Worth Now 30 million

Anelka - 250k

sold for 22.1 million and Chelsea now want him..

No one to cover Hleb or Rosicky?

Rosicky

Diaby' date='Walcott,Traore,Clichy,Eduardo

[u']Hleb[/u]

Walcott,Van Persie,Eduardo,Eboue (if here),Sagna

-----

Toure hasn't been injured this season,he has played every minute so far in the Prem..:confused:

Fabregas injured we don't play well?

Thats the sign of a championship winning side,we play bad but still win..Thats why it looks like this -

Pos. Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 ARSENAL 21 15 5 1 42 16 26 50

2 Man Utd 21 15 3 3 38 11 27 48

3 Chelsea 21 13 5 3 33 16 17 44

4 Man City 21 11 6 4 29 22 7 39

5 Liverpool 20 10 8 2 34 13 21 38

End of!

Your arguments suck mate...

Danny nate i must tell u this ain't the and of the arguement out here. :P

As REDDEVILFC has posted, SAF has made stars out innumerable players. One he forgot and thats Ronaldo. He came in for 12.24 mil and now is the world's best winger or even player 4 a matter of fact.

And talking about cover 4 Hleb and Rosicky:

Sanga:not really proper cover as he is a full back.

Clichy:adain a full back

Eduardo: He is pretty descent but is more of a striker. He's not as fast as Hleb and his crosses arn't as good either. He's more of a striker. Sad Wenger can't get that into his thick head.

Walcott: He is by far the only proper replacement 4 the 2.

Eboue:full back again.And i saw how well he played in midfield against Porthsmouth and Boro. Even spurs as a matter of fact. sucka.:P

Traore: Don't make he die of laughter here. Traore a replacement 4 Rosicky. He ain't 1/10th as good. :D

Diaby: He is very OK. He ain't nothing great. If he is a replacement then it just shows how sad arsenal are.

Oh and about the league standings. There are 17 games left and Arsneal have only a 2 point lead.

Even id arsenal do beat manu to the title manu wil still loose with some pride. They'll finish max 5 points behind. Not like arsenal who manu killed last season by 21 whole points.

No hard feelings mate.:P:D

Everyone on this thread has been biased towards their own clubs and are not looking at a decent perspective. Anyone who knows me on the forum knows I am a die hard united fan - and we ALL know it is a two horse race now. OK - Arsenal are going to be missing a few players for the African Nations and Arsenal fan or NOT, you cant say that this isnt going to have SOME affect on the squad and the performances on the pitch. Arsenal are playing some fantastic football there is no doubting that, and that providing they keep the current squad, have the ability to be one of the best in the world in years to come undoubtedly. But I still really do doubt the experience in the side. You do need a mix of both young and experienced in order to win the league and I think this will be the telling tale come the end of the season. Arsenal's back four is a young back four with (again) undoubted natural ability, but without Toure there is no experience and they will miss Toure greatly, Gallas is good but is only good when playing alongside a better defender. Fabregas is another with wonderful talent, fantastic vision and creativity but he has the job of holding arsenals side together IMO. Hleb and Rosicky are good players but none of them do the job as good as young Fibreglass.

It's going to be a close one, but SAF knows this time of the year from now on is when united always push on best, and the main reason for this being the players and influence that other clubs lose due to the african nations. We are a second half of the season side and always have been, liverpool are normally the same and both man u and liverpool never buy any big african stars because of this reason. Chelsea will be the biggest sufferers.

I just think man u do have a lot more quality in depth compared to Arsenal and I this it will tell later on in the season. Arsenal are undoubtedly a top class side with some phenomenal talent on-board but I think the premier league will come down to experience later on in the season, experience is as good as fitness IMO in the latter stages. Arsenal, United, Chelsea will all drop pts in this second half of the season but I think Arsenals rarely un-rotated side (due to not have a great amount of premiership standard quality) is going to start and get tired and that's when I think we will win the league and on this basis only.

Everyone on this thread has been biased towards their own clubs and are not looking at a decent perspective. Anyone who knows me on the forum knows I am a die hard united fan - and we ALL know it is a two horse race now. OK - Arsenal are going to be missing a few players for the African Nations and Arsenal fan or NOT' date=' you cant say that this isnt going to have SOME affect on the squad and the performances on the pitch. Arsenal are playing some fantastic football there is no doubting that, and that providing they keep the current squad, have the ability to be one of the best in the world in years to come undoubtedly. But I still really do doubt the experience in the side. You do need a mix of both young and experienced in order to win the league and I think this will be the telling tale come the end of the season. Arsenal's back four is a young back four with (again) undoubted natural ability, but without Toure there is no experience and they will miss Toure greatly, Gallas is good but is only good when playing alongside a better defender. Fabregas is another with wonderful talent, fantastic vision and creativity but he has the job of holding arsenals side together IMO. Hleb and Rosicky are good players but none of them do the job as good as young Fibreglass.

It's going to be a close one, but SAF knows this time of the year from now on is when united always push on best, and the main reason for this being the players and influence that other clubs lose due to the african nations. We are a second half of the season side and always have been, liverpool are normally the same and both man u and liverpool never buy any big african stars because of this reason. Chelsea will be the biggest sufferers.

I just think man u do have a lot more quality in depth compared to Arsenal and I this it will tell later on in the season. Arsenal are undoubtedly a top class side with some phenomenal talent on-board but I think the premier league will come down to experience later on in the season, experience is as good as fitness IMO in the latter stages. Arsenal, United, Chelsea will all drop pts in this second half of the season but I think Arsenals rarely un-rotated side (due to not have a great amount of premiership standard quality) is going to start and get tired and that's when I think we will win the league and on this basis only.[/quote']

I dont think that i have been biased Rosss but if you have missed any of my posts on this thread i will post again.

Machester United.

Yes they have a great manager, but i still think that they are weak in the centre of the park with Carrick and Hargreaves being extrememly similar players. I mentioned Fletcher and said i dont think he is good enough, yes he outs effort in and you can see that as his work rate and ethic are superb, but i still doubt whether he has star quality. Anderson is very young and coming into his own a bit now but i am not sure he will last. They also have a weak LB and RB as Neville is still good but is getting on a bit, and i think Evra is a good attacive LB but his positional play is poor and Man U get hurt down this side a lot but not always punished. Also they need an out and out striker as Rooney and Tevez always seem to drop off, a player like Berbatov would fit in nicely here.

What can they do to win the title- they have a strong challenge but if they want to have the extra edge then they need to sign a LB and RB primarily, then an out and out striker, i think they may get by not signing a CM yet.

Arsenal

They havre a great squad and i think they are strong in alot of areas and not particularly weak in any. However they will be hurt by the AN, with Toure and Eboue going. If i am honest then i think that Eboue is not a big loss really as Sagna will come in, whereas i think Toure will be a big loss as him and Gallas are the heart of the team along with Fabregas and only time will tell what happens. But, they have performed very well this season whoever they have played. Maybe a cebtre midfielder to plat with Fabregas could be signed to stregnthen their chances. Also they have a great sense of team spirit.

They have a great chance and i think they will win it!

Chelsea

They have been hurt big time by the loss of Mourinho, but Grant has come in and lets be fair he has done as good as Mourinho would have done, on the pitch. We will heavily miss Drogba and essien and Kalou and Obi to the AN, but Ballack and Shevva are beginning to shoe promise and i think they can come into replace them. My worry is the defence. Terry is out for a while and we will hurt without him. Carvalho is out for a while and Ben Haim and Alex are not in the same class as these 2.

3rd place is the best we can hope for as Man U and Arsenal areperforming well, but, i would not rule them out as they still ahve a good team.

Liverpool

They are being hurt by the lack of discipline being shown by Benitez and this is rubbing off on the players. They have not really shown star quality and in my opinion they are even that good a team anyway all they have is a good core but players aorund are weak.

I mam counting them out the title race and i think that threy should concentrate on building a team for next season.

I dont think that i have been biased Rosss but if you have missed any of my posts on this thread i will post again.

Machester United.

Yes they have a great manager' date=' but i still think that they are weak in the centre of the park with Carrick and Hargreaves being extrememly similar players. I mentioned Fletcher and said i dont think he is good enough, yes he outs effort in and you can see that as his work rate and ethic are superb, but i still doubt whether he has star quality. Anderson is very young and coming into his own a bit now but i am not sure he will last. They also have a weak LB and RB as Neville is still good but is getting on a bit, and i think Evra is a good attacive LB but his positional play is poor and Man U get hurt down this side a lot but not always punished. Also they need an out and out striker as Rooney and Tevez always seem to drop off, a player like Berbatov would fit in nicely here.

What can they do to win the title- they have a strong challenge but if they want to have the extra edge then they need to sign a LB and RB primarily, then an out and out striker, i think they may get by not signing a CM yet.

[u']Arsenal[/u]

They havre a great squad and i think they are strong in alot of areas and not particularly weak in any. However they will be hurt by the AN, with Toure and Eboue going. If i am honest then i think that Eboue is not a big loss really as Sagna will come in, whereas i think Toure will be a big loss as him and Gallas are the heart of the team along with Fabregas and only time will tell what happens. But, they have performed very well this season whoever they have played. Maybe a cebtre midfielder to plat with Fabregas could be signed to stregnthen their chances. Also they have a great sense of team spirit.

They have a great chance and i think they will win it!

Chelsea

They have been hurt big time by the loss of Mourinho, but Grant has come in and lets be fair he has done as good as Mourinho would have done, on the pitch. We will heavily miss Drogba and essien and Kalou and Obi to the AN, but Ballack and Shevva are beginning to shoe promise and i think they can come into replace them. My worry is the defence. Terry is out for a while and we will hurt without him. Carvalho is out for a while and Ben Haim and Alex are not in the same class as these 2.

3rd place is the best we can hope for as Man U and Arsenal areperforming well, but, i would not rule them out as they still ahve a good team.

Liverpool

They are being hurt by the lack of discipline being shown by Benitez and this is rubbing off on the players. They have not really shown star quality and in my opinion they are even that good a team anyway all they have is a good core but players aorund are weak.

I mam counting them out the title race and i think that threy should concentrate on building a team for next season.

Thats a good unbiased post and I agree that United are bit weak in Central Midfield and I have to admit last year we played better, last year every single on of our players scored except Neville and this season its mainly been Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Nani and Saha !!!!!!!!

So I think if we manage to sign Berbatov that will be a great sighning. But as for buying another Cm, but its good that Hargreaves and Carrick are similar because we can play 4-1-2-1-2 as Carrick + Anderson/Hargreaves+Anderson/Carrick + Scholes/Hargreaves + Scholes. And if we want to go defensive then we can sub on of te DM off.

So as I said we are very resourcesful. And all these arguments are good but we can only get the answer at the end of the season

man u suck end of.

their fans never sing! :eek:

They spend a lot of money on average players

They can never hack the fact that wenger has a better team for 100th of the price.

How can you say that Man Utds team sucks? In my opinion they have the best squad in the league with plenty of depth' date=' please tell me one of Manchester Uniteds players that "suck". This is coming from a Sheffield United fan who watches both Man Utd and Arsenal a lot and i have to say in this simple sentence. [b']Manchester United are the best, and they will win the title.[/b]

sheffield :confused: lol ARSENAL

I suppose what you mean by that is Arsenal are far superior than Sheffield United? Which they are i will not complain with that' date=' Arsenal may have [u']more[/u] fans but we have the better fans, anyway i was not talking about Sheffield we are talking about who will win the Premier League... :rolleyes:

I don't know why everyone out here thinks Evra is a poor defender. atm he is the best left back in the country without a shadow of a doubt. And I do not think United are weak in midfield but I think United are a bit weak at the back if the current backfour suffer any injuries. We only have Pique as cover now as we have loaned out Evans so that is a bit worrying. And the full back areas are a major concern as we do not have cover for either Brown or Evra. And remember United will also welcome Scholes by the time the knockout stages of the champions league start so that gives us added dept to the squad.

O'shea can cover at both Right and Left back?

Though O'shea is the most versatile player in the league I wouldn't fancy him in a full back position as he does not have the pace and tbh he never had pace. I would much actually prefer Danny Simpson as when he has played this season he has looked impressive.

Liverpool : people have been saying for years that liverpool are a side that only compete for the CL and i do think this year that they have tried to compete for the premiership aswell. At the start of the year they had spent a lot of money and their team looked impressive and still do. Torres is amazing and gerrard is still top man in their side. However i blame all the problems totally at rafa. He has been irresponsible and pushed the limits of the chairmen. his side have had a few bad results added on top of this and have slowly dropped behind. The were lucky to get through to the CL but good luck to them i hope they do well but again they are only competing for the CL.

Man u : I think we have all forgotten that the start of the season was one of their worst in years. After 4-5 games they eventually started to climb the table. apart from a couple of errors the defence has been solid mainly from vidic and ferdinand. Evra is a good player but inconsistent. The midfield is as good as ever and i still rate giggs as a top class player. i do believe though that the money for rooney is a total waste and i said that from the start. Its not about how you score the goals but its how many you get and rooney just doesnt get them. Im not sure if they will get berbatov but if they do it will make manchester united possibly the best attacking side in its history.

Chelsea : A loss with jose, lose with African N, loss with J T. However, they still can claw us back, will they do it??? no!!! too much to do not enough time. I do agree with some of the previous posts that jose wouldnt of been able to do better than grant as i rate him highly, he is a good find and if he can get some time he can be a very good manager for chelsea. I think the weak point is midfield. Its not just because im english but i think wright phillips is such a star but the rest of the midfield is a bit bland. And with only drogba, the creativity isnt what it should be. Shev is coming back slowly though and i can only say that thats the best news that chelsea could have because if he was at his best no one in the premiership could stop him.

Arsenal : I think that the ability of the side is next to none. However they are so young. I think that although they have done so well this year. This years title is not for them. But all you die hard fans out there dont get upset. That is ment as a compliment. I believe that next year they will come true and the experience they have gained this season (esp without henry)will start to show. I believe that the side that they have now could be going for the title for many years to come but maybe not this year. As posts previous have said, it will be close but they have such a small amount of exp.

I wouldn't say that you can include Nani, Saha and to an extent Rooney in the matter of scoring goals, and if you think about Ronaldo and Tevez have scored most of the goals.

However, in the Arsenal team, Fabregas and Adebayor have scored most of Arsenal's goals so they're equal to that extent. Yes Toure is a loss, but he will be back when the tournament finishes on Feb 10th, which is day previous to the Blackburn Rovers match at home - whether he plays or not, Arsenal should win. The other matches while he is away - Fulham(A), Newcastle(H), Man City(A) and then Blackburn all in the league, with an FA Cup tie at Burnley(with hopefully the fifth round afterwards) and the two legs of the Carling Cup Semi Final.

And then he returns, so apart from the City game and possibly Blackburn, I can't see many problems as they should easily dispatch of Fulham and get past Newcastle without any trouble - so an excuse cannot be used as the African Cup of Nations.

They then have Milan at home, Birmingham away(unless they reach the CC final which will be played instead), then Aston Villa at home(I'm going to it!) before playing Milan in the second leg.

Not too much of a problem I would say :rolleyes::).

I wouldn't say that you can include Nani' date=' Saha and to an extent Rooney in the matter of scoring goals, and if you think about Ronaldo and Tevez have scored most of the goals.

However, in the Arsenal team, Fabregas and Adebayor have scored most of Arsenal's goals so they're equal to that extent. Yes Toure is a loss, but he will be back when the tournament finishes on Feb 10th, which is day previous to the Blackburn Rovers match at home - whether he plays or not, Arsenal should win. The other matches while he is away - Fulham(A), Newcastle(H), Man City(A) and then Blackburn all in the league, with an FA Cup tie at Burnley(with hopefully the fifth round afterwards) and the two legs of the Carling Cup Semi Final.

And then he returns, so apart from the City game and possibly Blackburn, I can't see many problems as they should easily dispatch of Fulham and get past Newcastle without any trouble - so an excuse cannot be used as the African Cup of Nations.

They then have Milan at home, Birmingham away(unless they reach the CC final which will be played instead), then Aston Villa at home(I'm going to it!) before playing Milan in the second leg.

Not too much of a problem I would say :rolleyes::).[/quote']

yeah i would say it should be easy for arsenal but we all should not say arsenal going to win easily like they went favourites vs bad middlesbrough side and lost and i am not saying the going to loose more matches.